News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

yurif74

I tested fluff on GX4000 and it work perfectly!

unfortunately i did a "deep test" of spy vs spy, and it work as a charm on GX4000 never imagined that the 2nd and 3rd chapter would be programmed in a completely different way... :( so they are only 1 player version :'(

remax

Quote from: Phantomz on 16:00, 14 May 15
@remax another to add, soz  ;)

Wot... i'm not allowed to download this file...  :o

EDIT : ahh, it's ok now

By the way, Battro updated and SpyvsSpy description updated.

EDIT : And Kwix Snak too
Brain Radioactivity

Ast

Quote from: dragon on 16:12, 14 May 15
So the lesson are: 1) the cng trainers can be fixed because the are not compressed.

2) the cng games cannot be patched in game because they are compressed.
The patcher guide.
The best way will be to decrunch the game, then it will be easy to "patch" the game..

Ast/iMP4CT. "By the power of Grayskull, i've the power"

http://amstradplus.forumforever.com/index.php
http://impdos.wikidot.com/
http://impdraw.wikidot.com/

All friends are welcome !

remax

Can someone test this game on a real GX4000 and tell me if one (or both) are playables ?
Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

Quote from: Ast on 17:12, 14 May 15
The best way will be to decrunch the game, then it will be easy to "patch" the game..

Is there a easy way to do this?

dragon

+1, for example cisco heat support joystick, but have trainer and is compressed.

gerald

Quote from: remax on 17:38, 14 May 15
Can someone test this game on a real GX4000 and tell me if one (or both) are playables ?
None  :(
Title screen is fine, but the main part crash after about 1 second.

remax

Quote from: gerald on 19:05, 14 May 15
None  :(
Title screen is fine, but the main part crash after about 1 second.

Thank you... Then Mess is accurate but not JavaGx4000 and Winape  :-X
Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

Sorry to be a pain, but here is a new version of " Kwik Snax " I've changed the Menu option from 3.REDEFINE KEYBOARD to R.REDEFINE KEYBOARD so looks better, 3 looked odd after 1 and 2 was changed  ;)

@remax

Sorry, could you changed to this one until compilation is done  ;D

Cheers  ;)

remax

Quote from: Phantomz on 20:17, 14 May 15
Sorry to be a pain, but here is a new version of " Kwik Snax " I've changed the Menu option from 3.REDEFINE KEYBOARD to R.REDEFINE KEYBOARD so looks better, 3 looked odd after 1 and 2 was changed  ;)

@remax

Sorry, could you changed to this one until compilation is done  ;D

Cheers  ;)

No problemo
Brain Radioactivity

dragon

And now after long work my new game.

Remember, up,down left right. first 2 characters.

2138 to change de key in dizzy.

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 22:52, 14 May 15
And now after long work my new game.

Remember, up,down left right. first 2 characters.

2138 to change de key in dizzy.

Cheers mate  ;D

CraigsBar

Well I finished it.. Bar a little polish the 80 track disc that will become the Dizzy Adventures compilation cartridge is finished.

I still want to add a couple more finishing touches, but what is here works, looks and sounds nice IMHO

I have attached the DSK, However it will need ParaDOS installed in your emulator or CPC and configured to use an 80 track drive.

[attach=2]

Please test it and let me know what you think.... then I can make refinements whilst waiting for @arnoldemu to complete the 80 track support in nocart.

All the text on the menu is taken from the Art Studio image, this way I could return himem to the default values after the music is stopped, because no custom font is loaded, and Crystal Kingdom Dizzy will not load after any custom font.. even a single character (symbol after 239) will then prevent Dizzy 7 from loading... so the Marker for the game selection remains a > for now. However I'dlove to change it to an 8x8 pixel white dizzy... anyone fancy drawing it... my attempts have all ended up looking like a bird poo!!

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Phantomz

Quote from: CraigsBar on 23:55, 14 May 15
Well I finished it.. Bar a little polish the 80 track disc that will become the Dizzy Adventures compilation cartridge is finished.

I still want to add a couple more finishing touches, but what is here works, looks and sounds nice IMHO

I have attached the DSK, However it will need ParaDOS installed in your emulator or CPC and configured to use an 80 track drive.

[attach=2]

Please test it and let me know what you think.... then I can make refinements whilst waiting for @arnoldemu to complete the 80 track support in nocart.

All the text on the menu is taken from the Art Studio image, this way I could return himem to the default values after the music is stopped, because no custom font is loaded, and Crystal Kingdom Dizzy will not load after any custom font.. even a single character (symbol after 239) will then prevent Dizzy 7 from loading... so the Marker for the game selection remains a > for now. However I'dlove to change it to an 8x8 pixel white dizzy... anyone fancy drawing it... my attempts have all ended up looking like a bird poo!!

Looking good mate, was worth all the work  :D

CraigsBar

Quote from: Phantomz on 00:22, 15 May 15
Looking good mate, was worth all the work  :D
thanks. I enjoyed doing it, although I suspect you did more than me lol.

Phantomz

Quote from: CraigsBar on 00:36, 15 May 15
thanks. I enjoyed doing it, although I suspect you did more than me lol.

:laugh: I didn't mind, glad to have helped you do what you wanted to do mate.  ;D

I wouldn't mind getting a cart of it one day.  8)

Phantomz

Looks like the server has been down and we have lost some posts  :-[

Anyway, @remax

I've fixed " Konami's Ping-Pong " for you mate, your game doesn't work in two player, I pressed the button on second pad and nothing happens, 2 on the keyboard still starts the two player game so I tried to change that to the fire buttons on the second pad, but it wouldn't have it even when I tried all controller button numbers in the manual.

In the end I mapped it to the second button on joypad one, so just press button 1 for 1 player, button 2 for 2 player.  ;)

I've also done a better version of " Elevator Action " it's the cng version with a trainer, so the old one needs replacing.

I've also done another game , this time it's " Znaps ".

I haven't had no luck with "Rygar ", I'll put it up incase someone can fix it, I need option 1 remapped to down, option 2 remapped to up and option 3 to R, that might look wrong but it was keyboard first for option 1 then joystick for option 2.

I've swithched them around on the menu as I think it looks better with Joystick at the top, need 3 changing to R, because it looks odd there now.  ;D

CraigsBar

OK So post crash, I guess not many people saw this....

My Menu for the Dizzy adventure games is finished.

[attach=2]

the games themselves are not included in this CPR, just the menu, and hidden easter egg (for dizzy) screen. I am no just waiting for @arnoldemu to include Parados80 or 80track Data format into nocart and this will be completed. :)

The features in this menu are as follows.

2x Soundtrakker tunes (One for eacy screen)
2x 16 screens (No Overscan sorry, I am not that clever)

and the best news.... apart from Dizzy 7 (Crystal Kingdom Dizzy - AKA the Mode 0 one) the whole thing is GX4000 friendly....

The 7 remaining games (After Crystal Kingdom is excluded) the toggles into and out of the Easter Egg screen and all menu selections.

I am in all honestly very happy with it, although as with these things, then always lead onto a new challenge, and guess what, for the Spin offs cart, which is my next project, I want to use the Plus Palette in the screens. So time to learn how b-asic works. I have read that v3 and above are 128k only, does this mean that v2 and lower work fine on 64 machine for setting inks etc? So many things to learn since the C4CPC was released.... Thanks @gerald !

I hope you enjoy this, if there are any suggestions please let me know. As soon as I can turn my 396k disc that makes up this menu and games into a cart I will LOL.

I have just captured a video showing the cart running on a GX4000, it is uploading to YouTube now... Will link it in shortly.

Craig

CraigsBar

there you go.... excuse the reflections of my Book Cases and box like on the TV Screen

CraigsBar

Quote from: Phantomz on 01:52, 15 May 15
:laugh: I didn't mind, glad to have helped you do what you wanted to do mate.  ;D

I wouldn't mind getting a cart of it one day.  8)

A real, Physical EPROM type cart? Well I have some donor carts left. 3 are spoken for, unless the Fluff Update project has been shelved?

but that still leaves me with 1...

Craig

Phantomz

Quote from: CraigsBar on 20:14, 16 May 15

A real, Physical EPROM type cart? Well I have some donor carts left. 3 are spoken for, unless the Fluff Update project has been shelved?

but that still leaves me with 1...

Craig

Yea, I know we can run it with the c4cpc which is cool  :D , but it would also be kind of cool owning the cart that we worked to make in a physical form.  ;D

You should make yourself one to keep if you've got the equipment, do a cool label for it too .  8)

CraigsBar

Quote from: Phantomz on 20:31, 16 May 15
Yea, I know we can run it with the c4cpc which is cool  :D , but it would also be kind of cool owning the cart that we worked to make in a physical form.  ;D

You should make yourself one to keep if you've got the equipment, do a cool label for it too .  8)

well I have 4 donor carts here.

The plan was that 3 would be used for an extended FLUFF released, One for me (As I woudl be burning soldering and making cases) one for  (As he coded the original and was planning on finishing it in a way that did it justice rather than a release schedule) and the final one was heading to Ebay in order to raise some cash to find the development of new carts.... Now that the C4CPC is here I am not sure about the last one. But I'd certainly love to see a real FLUFF on cart.

I really hope the idea of @Trebmint working on it is still planned. I know all these people with the coding skills are very busy, but as much as I loved fluff in the 90's (Yes I bought it from Radical) a revamp and proper cart release would be amazing.

so that leaves 1 donor cart. I might just keep it for something special LOL. R-Type remake on cart for example LOL.

Craig

Craig

Phantomz

Quote from: CraigsBar on 20:51, 16 May 15

well I have 4 donor carts here.

The plan was that 3 would be used for an extended FLUFF released, One for me (As I woudl be burning soldering and making cases) one for  (As he coded the original and was planning on finishing it in a way that did it justice rather than a release schedule) and the final one was heading to Ebay in order to raise some cash to find the development of new carts.... Now that the C4CPC is here I am not sure about the last one. But I'd certainly love to see a real FLUFF on cart.

I really hope the idea of @Trebmint working on it is still planned. I know all these people with the coding skills are very busy, but as much as I loved fluff in the 90's (Yes I bought it from Radical) a revamp and proper cart release would be amazing.

so that leaves 1 donor cart. I might just keep it for something special LOL. R-Type remake on cart for example LOL.

Craig

Craig

R-Type would be good  8) I want that converted to cart format, so it's ready to go in my machine whenever I want a blast, no messing about with disks or hxc  :D
I know nocart can't support it yet, but I believe the disk is protected too.  :'(

CraigsBar

Quote from: Phantomz on 20:58, 16 May 15
R-Type would be good  8) I want that converted to cart format, so it's ready to go in my machine whenever I want a blast, no messing about with disks or hxc  :D
I know nocart can't support it yet, but I believe the disk is protected too.  :'(
and the remake is 128k only.... Unless we make it enforced that all GX4000's need a 128k mod then that's out... Personally all cart conversions I do will be 64k if possible.

OK I might do a cart of the Plus release of Art Studio... But I guess htat woudl need patching too... Ideally we need a Plus patched Art Studio, that runs from ROM and @arnoldemu other new tool that allows mapping roms to any location, that way both A and B drives can still be physical drives and not on the cart.

Craig

remax

Quote from: Phantomz on 19:37, 16 May 15
Anyway, @remax

I've fixed " Konami's Ping-Pong " for you mate, your game doesn't work in two player, I pressed the button on second pad and nothing happens, 2 on the keyboard still starts the two player game so I tried to change that to the fire buttons on the second pad, but it wouldn't have it even when I tried all controller button numbers in the manual.

In the end I mapped it to the second button on joypad one, so just press button 1 for 1 player, button 2 for 2 player.  ;)

Nice! Thank You
Brain Radioactivity