News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

seanb

@CraigsBar nice menu.
I wish I knew just enough to do that I'd be tempted to make a few compilation carts myself.
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

Phantomz

Quote from: seanb on 21:22, 16 May 15
@CraigsBar nice menu.
I wish I knew just enough to do that I'd be tempted to make a few compilation carts myself.

If you do make some, try and make them gx4000 friendly if you can  ;)  that can be a pain itself  :laugh:

I mean for us to do this, all the trainers had to be modded because of no keyboard to press Y or N, then no space bar to get pasted the title screens, it was worth doing though, I enjoyed it.  :D

CraigsBar

Quote from: seanb on 21:22, 16 May 15
@CraigsBar nice menu.
it's all in basic, so I can send you the dsk if you want to take a look at it. The 2 screens were made with art studio, and the menu if you like is simply a joystick controlled character that runs the file based on the y coordinate.

It's pretty untidy because I kept adding bits lol. The next one will be neater.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

CraigsBar

Quote from: Phantomz on 22:02, 16 May 15
If you do make some, try and make them gx4000 friendly if you can  ;)  that can be a pain itself  :laugh:

I mean for us to do this, all the trainers had to be modded because of no keyboard to press Y or N, then no space bar to get pasted the title screens, it was worth doing though, I enjoyed it.  :D
Me too, It's the first time I have used Soundtrakker modules in anything so I was (and am) quite pleased with myself LOL.

Not to mention it's been a L-O-N-G time since I ever used Advanced Art Studio. Having some decent PC Conversion tools help, as will be obvious in the Spin Offs compilation I shoudl really start working on now.. assuming I get b-ASIC to work.

Craig

Phantomz

Quote from: CraigsBar on 22:09, 16 May 15
Me too, It's the first time I have used Soundtrakker modules in anything so I was (and am) quite pleased with myself LOL.

Not to mention it's been a L-O-N-G time since I ever used Advanced Art Studio. Having some decent PC Conversion tools help, as will be obvious in the Spin Offs compilation I shoudl really start working on now.. assuming I get b-ASIC to work.

Craig

I hope you make the spin off compilation menu just as good as this one  :D  I'm glad I've done all the disk for you so I can relax a bit now.  ;D

CraigsBar

Quote from: Phantomz on 22:17, 16 May 15
I hope you make the spin off compilation menu just as good as this one  :D  I'm glad I've done all the disk for you so I can relax a bit now.  ;D
I hope so too, I am currently fighting with understanding how b-ASIC works.... I got my picture converted, but cannot seem to match up the plus inks :(

CraigsBar

Quote from: CraigsBar on 23:04, 16 May 15
I hope so too, I am currently fighting with understanding how b-ASIC works.... I got my picture converted, but cannot seem to match up the plus inks :(
Ahh, I get it.... You need to load the picture first, then change the inks....
[attach=2]
Not a bad start.

seanb

Quote from: CraigsBar on 22:06, 16 May 15
it's all in basic, so I can send you the dsk if you want to take a look at it. The 2 screens were made with art studio, and the menu if you like is simply a joystick controlled character that runs the file based on the y coordinate.

It's pretty untidy because I kept adding bits lol. The next one will be neater.

Cheers.
about time I started trying this stuff.
The art bit would be easy, well the easiest bit for me, and I think I can get my head around it.
Might even make a few gx4000 friendly @Phantomz

seanb

What about using the new cpc tools just released to make a menu.
Must be more flexable than just for making games.

I haven't used it yet so if that's not a possibility maybe even if it's just to make the graphics for a menu screen

seanb

Quote from: CraigsBar on 23:16, 16 May 15
Ahh, I get it.... You need to load the picture first, then change the inks....
[attach=2]
Not a bad start.

An excellent start

Phantomz

Just converted " Nemesis " nice little two player shoot em up, controlled with the joystick, even p for pause works :)

It needs a fix though, you need the enter key to select pick ups, this needs mapping to button 2, if anyone can fix it.

I had a quick look for 0D to change to 5A but can't find anything, been to busy playing it  :laugh:

remax

I think i've reupped/updated/added everything. But check your recent additions anyway.

except :

Quote from: Phantomz on 19:37, 16 May 15
I've also done another game , this time it's " Zynaps ".

I think there was a CPC Wiki edition of this game, with improved loading screen and else... Would be cool to have it on cpr...

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/index.php?action=dldir;sa=details;lid=3851

If it's not possible, i'll upload your version!
Brain Radioactivity

dragon

My new games.

mission imposible.  A litte fix 1,2 select keyboard joystick.

The other game as a big fix. You can play alone or can play with a second person. Or best, you can be a master of the aero plane and you can controller the two player at the same time with your game pad.

Always is needed redefine the keys, because if not and you play alone you loss the second button(bomb).

Is a spanish game, but is easy learn the menu. I not remeber now where i remap the buttons, because i made it this morning. :D .

remax

Quote from: dragon on 00:25, 17 May 15
My new games.

mission imposible.  A litte fix 1,2 select keyboard joystick.

Wouldn't it be better to do the reverse : 1=Joystick, 2=keyboard, as people tend to press button 1 more naturally and then become blocked.
Brain Radioactivity

dragon

No,problem i look to change it tomorrow.

remax

Quote from: dragon on 00:42, 17 May 15
No,problem i look to change it tomorrow.

Perhaps do not remap the "K" at all as it has no benefits other than locking the player in the wrong mode ;)
Brain Radioactivity

dragon

I can remap the two buttons to joystick if you want.

remax

Quote from: dragon on 00:59, 17 May 15
I can remap the two buttons to joystick if you want.

What's the point? Make it simple, and remap only J to button 1, no ?  ;)
Brain Radioactivity

dragon

CraigsBar

Quote from: seanb on 23:35, 16 May 15
What about using the new cpc tools just released to make a menu.
Must be more flexable than just for making games.

I haven't used it yet so if that's not a possibility maybe even if it's just to make the graphics for a menu screen
mainly because my coding experience is limited to basic, and a CPC or plus is the best tool for trying that.

If however I ever look at c++ or assembly then maybe. But for now adding to basic with b-asic and soundtrakker fits my knowledge level  ;D

dragon

nothing.

CraigsBar

Quote from: dragon on 14:57, 17 May 15
nothing.
I am just busy on a menu for the dizzy spinoffs. I have a problem tho.... My soundtrakker tunes don't play with b-asic loaded. So I cannot do tunes and plus palette. Does anyone know how to get this working, or know of another way of creating and playing interrupt music when b-asic is present in memory.

Phantomz

Quote from: remax on 00:22, 17 May 15
I think i've reupped/updated/added everything. But check your recent additions anyway.

except :

I think there was a CPC Wiki edition of this game, with improved loading screen and else... Would be cool to have it on cpr...

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/index.php?action=dldir;sa=details;lid=3851

If it's not possible, i'll upload your version!

@remax

As you wish  ;D I've sorted that version out, done all that had to be done, press fire to get passed the title screen, I've mapped Y or N to the fire buttons for this one, it's cool though as I've modded the trainer as normal to show what to press on the screen.  ;D

dragon

Quote from: CraigsBar on 15:37, 17 May 15
I am just busy on a menu for the dizzy spinoffs. I have a problem tho.... My soundtrakker tunes don't play with b-asic loaded. So I cannot do tunes and plus palette. Does anyone know how to get this working, or know of another way of creating and playing interrupt music when b-asic is present in memory.

I never programmed in b-asic.  :( . No idea.

Anoyone knows where i can found good copy of laser squad expansion:  http://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&onglet=dumps&num=4956

Or anyone knows  how fix the sectors?.

pd:

1=1
2=2
3=UP
4=LEFT
5=DOWN
6=RIGHT
7=PAUSE.

CraigsBar

Quote from: dragon on 16:09, 17 May 15
I never programmed in b-asic.  :( . No idea.
lol neither had I until last night. Over all I like it, shading and plus palette adds a lot to the quality of menu screen IMHO.

So for now the spinoffs cart will not have sound on the menu, since I have 3 screens all with plus colours no sound is less back tracking than no plus colours.