News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon

Maybe you can use  pokes,peeks, but i don't know exactly how interact wtih the hardware from b-asic(if its possible).

Maybe you can use a DMA list. CPCRULEZ &#9733 CODING &#9733 LOGON CPCPLUS - LE CPC PLUS EN MUSIQUE

or  Maybe with normal basic instructions, or with systems calls. The Amstrad CPC Firmware Manual - Index

I never worked with the sound.

Phantomz

Just converted " Xybots " only one player as one player needs the keyboard, shame really as it's a split screen shooter, at least we can play it though.

@remax I forgot to add this one, I should have remembered when I did zynaps . :-[

CraigsBar

Hmmm. Not sure if this is even possible. Keeping things in 64k means that I cannot use the b-asic native screenswapping. I have to Jonahs solution.

But I cannot work out why enabling b-asic stops soundtrakker module working. Oh well it's only a menu, by tonight I'll have 2 discs waiting on @arnoldemu and the 80track nocart.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Gryzor

I added a link to the converted games page on the C4CPC page.

Does anyone keep track of the released cprs for the former? :)

Phantomz

@remax  I made a last minute change to the " Zynaps (Final) cpr " , the other I put up worked fine, I just needed to mod the trainer.

I had it with " Show new title screen? " I've changed it to " Psychedelic Title? ".

So this is the Final of the Final hopefully.  ;D

It's here for you, I've added it to the gx4000 page.   ;)
Cheers  ;D

CraigsBar

Quote from: CraigsBar on 17:53, 17 May 15
Hmmm. Not sure if this is even possible. Keeping things in 64k means that I cannot use the b-asic native screenswapping. I have to Jonahs solution.

But I cannot work out why enabling b-asic stops soundtrakker module working. Oh well it's only a menu, by tonight I'll have 2 discs waiting on @arnoldemu and the 80track nocart.
disaster! Fast food and panic dizzy don't work if b-asic is active. OK so time to redraw the screens from the normal palette.

Not all bad news tho, this means I can add music.

Phantomz

Quote from: CraigsBar on 20:24, 17 May 15
disaster! Fast food and panic dizzy don't work if b-asic is active. OK so time to redraw the screens from the normal palette.

Not all bad news tho, this means I can add music.

I hope it's not giving you too much trouble  ;)

CraigsBar

Quote from: Phantomz on 20:27, 17 May 15
I hope it's not giving you too much trouble  ;)
na, no not really. It just won't look anything like as pretty. I guess turrican will have a plus loader/ menu.

Phantomz

Quote from: CraigsBar on 20:33, 17 May 15
na, no not really. It just won't look anything like as pretty. I guess turrican will have a plus loader/ menu.

I'm sure it will look good mate.  :D

Just did another quick game " Into the Eagle's Next "  :)

dragon

MMM, laser squad not work when is passed dsk->to cartridge. Is the same to the extermineitor. ¿direct  disk acces?. But in winape, sometimes work, and other not the two games in cartridge.

:-\

CraigsBar

Quote from: Phantomz on 21:37, 17 May 15

OK I have just finished  touching up the 3 screens for the spinoffs. 2 work fairly well in mode 1 with dithering. The other one was much more work, but stays in mode 0 but I think looks surprisingly good. Will add the music tomorrow. I would love it if someone could donate a 'boing' or 'ta daaa' type sound that can be added from basic. But if not then it'll be fine with just the one tune.

Phantomz

Just letting you know I've added all the games I did today to the GX4000 cart page, they are:

Beach-Head
Bruce Lee
Into the Eagle's Nest
Xybots
Zynaps (Final) The CPCwiki version  ;D

Xybots is only 1 player as player 2 needs the keys unless someone can do a fix, it's a 2 player split screen so would be cool if this could get fixed.

I've fixed Bruce Lee so that you can use the Menu with the controller, Up changes option one instead of A, Down changes option two instead of B and Fire starts the game instead of Enter.
I've changed all the on screen menu too so you don't have to remember.  ;D
The game also works in two player mode with both controllers.  8)

I've also just converted " Rambo - First Blood Part 2 " It's joystick friendly, but it needs a fix, the space bar needs mapping to control pad button 2 for the weapon select option to work.

remax

Quote from: Phantomz on 21:37, 17 May 15

Did you test it on a real GX4000? It hangs after title screen on MESS.

Great work on Zynaps and Bruce Lee by the way.

Quote from: dragon on 01:28, 17 May 15
O.k is tomorrow, refixed.

Perfect, upped.
Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

Quote from: remax on 19:11, 18 May 15
Did you test it on a real GX4000? It hangs after title screen on MESS.

Great work on Zynaps and Bruce Lee by the way.

Perfect, upped.

I didn't test " Into the eagles nest or Zynaps " no, Sorry about Eagle's nest, I've removed it for now as I just tried another version, same problem, I take it Zynaps works ok?

I did test " Bruce Lee as I wanted to make sure both players worked fine "  ;)

Glad you liked " Zynaps and Bruce Lee " I did a bit more with them than just throwing them through nocart.  :D

I'll try and test stuff more when I get a new power supply, I'll order one tomorrow I think, I don't like using the gx4000 at the moment with a bare C4CPC and the original power supply.  :-\

remax

Quote from: Phantomz on 19:50, 18 May 15
I didn't test " Into the eagles nest or Zynaps " no, Sorry about Eagle's nest, I've removed it for now as I just tried another version, same problem, I take it Zynaps works ok?

Look alright yeah !
Brain Radioactivity

dragon

Is a crap when you pass a game to cartridge and it nor work after patch it :P

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 20:03, 18 May 15
Is a crap when you pass a game to cartridge and it nor work after patch it :P

Yea :laugh: not going to cry over it though  :P

Stupid Emulator, making me think stuff is working ok.  >:(

By the way, your Break Thru doesn't work on a real GX4000, got no controls. Your Turn  :P

Seob

Just tried P47 - The Freedom Figther. The games does seem to work, but after you die and you have to enter you're name, you're stuck, since i cannot get out of this screen.

dragon

jaja, well fortunly i not fix it, but i hate laser squad and exterminaitor i lost hours for nothing : ).

I observed, if you load a bad cartrige in winape, and you have load the dsk version of the cartridge in winape. winape
teases you, and it execute the dsk.(when cartridge not work).... thats why i thinking laser squad and extermineitor works.

Phantomz

Quote from: Seob on 20:37, 18 May 15
Just tried P47 - The Freedom Figther. The games does seem to work, but after you die and you have to enter you're name, you're stuck, since i cannot get out of this screen.

I know, I said when I uploaded it.

Quote from: Phantomz on 16:18, 09 May 15
P-47 The Freedom Fighter " works fine, just can't enter name in high score table, needs keyboard!

We are doing our best with these cart conversions, try not to get killed or reload the game, look on the bright side, at least you can play it on the gx4000  ;)

I'll try and have a look at it again tomorrow if I get some free time, not sure if I can fix it though, as I don't know how to find stuff using winape debugger, I find
and patch stuff with a hex editor.

If I can't do it, hopefully someone can, if I can remember rightly you can enter p with the pause button, so it needs the enter key mapping to the second controller button, then you can just press that
to enter the name.  ;)

Quote from: dragon on 20:39, 18 May 15
jaja, well fortunly i not fix it, but i hate laser squad and exterminaitor i lost hours for nothing : ).

I observed, if you load a bad cartrige in winape, and you have load the dsk version of the cartridge in winape. winape
teases you, and it execute the dsk.(when cartridge not work).... thats why i thinking laser squad and extermineitor works.

Sorry to hear you've lost loads of hours, I have too, some of these games are a pain to get sorted  :o

CraigsBar

Well it's been a long weekend. but the Spin Offs cart is finished.

I needed to redraw 2 of the 3 screens and completely recolour the 3rd. But now all 3 are finished and look great on the CM14 and my 32" tv connected to the GX4000.

With all the extra screens the Spin Offs is now not far short of the same size as the Adventures cart. Needless to say I now have 2 Parados 80 carts finished and waiting.

The downgrade to the CPC Palette means that I have the ability to add music to this cart too. So I have, this time it's a tune that I thought was too mellow for the Adventures cart, but fits much better with the menu layout of the Spinoffs, so I used it.

No sneak peek this time (Sorry) you will just have to wait for the finished release!

Craig

remax

Quote from: Seob on 20:37, 18 May 15

Quote from: Phantomz on 20:50, 18 May 15
I know, I said when I uploaded it.

Then it need to go, to "need a fix", with a comment that the game is mostly playable. I'll take care of it.
Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

Quote from: remax on 21:22, 18 May 15
Then it need to go, to "need a fix", with a comment that the game is mostly playable. I'll take care of it.

Ok cheers  :D

The problem is, when it was first uploaded, the problem about the keyboard was in the comment sections, then the page got updated and the comment for this game and a few other's just
got removed.  It stated that the game worked but the high score didn't.

Anyway, hope it gets a fix.  ;)

dragon

add two-mag cracked versions have the trainer compressed it cannot be fixed.

damm No exist another crack to ninja spirit?.

remax

Quote from: Phantomz on 21:33, 18 May 15
Ok cheers  :D

The problem is, when it was first uploaded, the problem about the keyboard was in the comment sections, then the page got updated and the comment for this game and a few other's just
got removed.  It stated that the game worked but the high score didn't.

Anyway, hope it gets a fix.  ;)

Might have been a shock between two edits ?

Anyway, by putting the game in this section, i hope to make it more visible that it need a fix (i tested it, it need to have ENTER mapped to button 2 i think) but i stated that it's mostly playable so that people may give it a try eventhough.
Brain Radioactivity