News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon

Quote from: Phantomz on 21:33, 18 May 15
Ok cheers  :D

The problem is, when it was first uploaded, the problem about the keyboard was in the comment sections, then the page got updated and the comment for this game and a few other's just
got removed.  It stated that the game worked but the high score didn't.

Anyway, hope it gets a fix.  ;)

woaaaaa.

3034 put cp 00. Thats all. If you search put a letter, i thing you need investigate the code of the cp s around. an the call in 3031 and the hl where it looks the numbers.

My game of the day, p-47 stolen.

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 22:07, 18 May 15
woaaaaa.

3034 put cp 00. Thats all. If you search put a letter, i thing you need investigate the code of the cp s around. an the call in 3031 and the hl where it looks the numbers.

My game of the day, p-47 stolen.

pffft  :laugh: Cheers for the fix, I see you bypassed it instead of doing a remap.  ;D

@remax  dragon fixed it before I had chance to sort it  :laugh: Anyway it's sorted now  :D

dragon

Is the law of minimun effort jeje.

CraigsBar

OK The menu for the Dizzy Spinoffs is no *really* finished.

I have tweaked the code a bit, to make the selector more responsive, and these changes are also copied backwards to the DIzzy Adventures menu too, so that will be better when released.

Anyway here is a sneak Peek at the Spinoffs Menu, let me know what you think.

Craig

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Phantomz

Quote from: CraigsBar on 23:05, 18 May 15

I have tweaked the code a bit, to make the selector more responsive, and these changes are also copied backwards to the DIzzy Adventures menu too, so that will be better when released.

Craig

Looking good mate  :D

Phantomz

Quote from: CraigsBar on 20:49, 09 May 15
Trantor: The last stormtrooper

Although the game itself is happy to run on a GX, there are too many keypresses to re-map..... Space on the loading screen, Space on the Intro, 2 to select Joystick controls, 3 to start the game etc... I cannot remember them all now. But if anyone wants a challenge that will bring a great (allbeit hard as nails) game to the GX4000 then this is it.

I'd thought I'd have a look at this today, I don't think it will be possible to do this game.  :'(

The reason being is that you have to find letters for the passwords for the game and these have to be typed into the computers.

Codes from CPC-Power
-------------------------
ANAGRAMME -- CODE
ETOPSNMK -- KEMPSTON
KOSTJYCI -- JOYSTICK
MCRPUEST -- SPECTRUM
EFWSORTA -- SOFTWARE
BEADORYK -- KEYBOARD
PMTCOURE -- COMPUTER
STATSECE -- CASSETTE
CAILRINS -- SINCLAIR
CARHIPSG -- GRAPHICS
REDRAWHA -- HARDWARE
LAMENTIR -- TERMINAL
ROADSWSP -- PASSWORD

I just completed the game with the Trainer, I got the password CASSETTE which I had to type into one of the computers, this gave me a beam out code of KJX which I had to type into another computer.  :'(

So it looks like this is a no go without a keyboard.  :'(

It's a shame really, as you are right this would have been a great game on the GX4000.

Even without the above problems, the Trainer needs fixing, need spacebar on intro and title to skip mapped to fire and then need option 2 mapped to fire to start, also need space mapped to fire2 as you need to press space if you look in a locker twice or you'll get stuck.

I've sorted out the Trainer, got Fire1 for Y, Fire2 for N, but don't think we can do anything about the other problems.  :'(

CraigsBar

Quote from: Phantomz on 18:35, 19 May 15
I'd thought I'd have a look at this today, I don't think it will be possible to do this game.  :'(

The reason being is that you have to find letters for the passwords for the game and these have to be typed into the computers.

Codes from CPC-Power
-------------------------
ANAGRAMME -- CODE
ETOPSNMK -- KEMPSTON
KOSTJYCI -- JOYSTICK
MCRPUEST -- SPECTRUM
EFWSORTA -- SOFTWARE
BEADORYK -- KEYBOARD
PMTCOURE -- COMPUTER
STATSECE -- CASSETTE
CAILRINS -- SINCLAIR
CARHIPSG -- GRAPHICS
REDRAWHA -- HARDWARE
LAMENTIR -- TERMINAL
ROADSWSP -- PASSWORD

I just completed the game with the Trainer, I got the password CASSETTE which I had to type into one of the computers, this gave me a beam out code of KJX which I had to type into another computer.  :'(

So it looks like this is a no go without a keyboard.  :'(

It's a shame really, as you are right this would have been a great game on the GX4000.

Even without the above problems, the Trainer needs fixing, need spacebar on intro and title to skip mapped to fire and then need option 2 mapped to fire to start, also need space mapped to fire2 as you need to press space if you look in a locker twice or you'll get stuck.

I've sorted out the Trainer, got Fire1 for Y, Fire2 for N, but don't think we can do anything about the other problems.  :'(
oh yeah, stupid me! I forgot all about those codes. Yes, clearly a gx no go.

However.... I have found a way of getting  music working with b-asic....

B-asic 2.1 which I believe is still 64k compatible and switching from soundtrakker to starkos. And it all just works. I love it. But I am not going to remake the spinoffs menu again. My first plus menu therefore will probably be turrican & turrican 2

Craig

Phantomz

Quote from: CraigsBar on 19:36, 19 May 15
oh yeah, stupid me! I forgot all about those codes. Yes, clearly a gx no go.

However.... I have found a way of getting  music working with b-asic....

B-asic 2.1 which I believe is still 64k compatible and switching from soundtrakker to starkos. And it all just works. I love it. But I am not going to remake the spinoffs menu again. My first plus menu therefore will probably be turrican & turrican 2

Craig

Nice one  :)

I sorted out the fix for Turrican 2 for you, did you sort Turrican 1 out ?

CraigsBar

Quote from: Phantomz on 19:45, 19 May 15
Nice one  :)

I sorted out the fix for Turrican 2 for you, did you sort Turrican 1 out ?
no not yet... Are you volunteering?

Phantomz

Quote from: CraigsBar on 19:47, 19 May 15
no not yet... Are you volunteering?

I tried, had no luck, no clue how to use the debugger, happy to have sorted out Turrican 2 with my way of doing things  :laugh:  ;)

yurif74

Another one from me:

Captain America - Defies the doom tube (GO 1987)

it should work, please check on real GX4000 since i can't use mine for now (working on psu)

thanks
Juri

fille1976

thx for conversions,im in the 2nd batch for c4cpc,so when arives,manny games to play,while waiting playing on my aes testing 168 in 1.
keep up the good work guys.

dragon

My games today :D .

Victory road is a especial case, the orignal crack is patched to support joystick partially, is an autentic caos.

So you need first pulse 1. REdefine de keys in pad 1.(left). then press up. And redefine the key in button 2.

then 1 to 1 player up to 2 players.

I am not sure if the toogle button works in player 2, i not know the use of it in the game :P .

If you find a problem tell me. The patch is in test.

4x4 support cheat.

tiger road is full fixed inclusive the pause work with botton pause in gx4000-

McKlain

Quote from: CraigsBar on 23:05, 18 May 15

Craig

What about keeping the "spinoffs" logo also on the selection screen? Maybe on the top left corner or on top of the menu selector.

CraigsBar

Well this one is not much... But it proves that b-ASIC 1.1 and STarKOS work together on a 64 k machine (Works on GX40000)

Can someone with an unexpanded 464plus also plaease check this.

Thanks

CraigsBar

Quote from: McKlain on 20:51, 19 May 15

What about keeping the "spinoffs" logo also on the selection screen? Maybe on the top left corner or on top of the menu selector.
I can try, but I suspect it will look nasty, as the selection screen is Mode 0 and that particular font will come out pretty blocky, I'll take a look later on and see.

remax

Quote from: Phantomz on 19:55, 19 May 15
I tried, had no luck, no clue how to use the debugger, happy to have sorted out Turrican 2 with my way of doing things  :laugh: ;)

Just done another game " Werewolves of London " it loads ok on the GX4000, can start ok, not sure if it's fully controlled by the Joystick as I haven't played it before.

Quote from: yurif74 on 20:13, 19 May 15
Another one from me:

Captain America - Defies the doom tube (GO 1987)

it should work, please check on real GX4000 since i can't use mine for now (working on psu)

thanks
Juri

Would be nice if someone who knows these game can confirm if they work well. I tested both, and i'm not 100% sure how to play them.
Brain Radioactivity

remax

Quote from: dragon on 20:40, 19 May 15
My games today :D .

Victory road is a especial case, the orignal crack is patched to support joystick partially, is an autentic caos.

So you need first pulse 1. REdefine de keys in pad 1.(left). then press up. And redefine the key in button 2.

I am not sure if the toogle button works in player 2, i not know the use of it in the game :P .

If you find a problem tell me. The patch is in test.

What are the keys for YES and No for the infinite live cheat ? I've changed it to "PRESS BUTTON 1" as it seems to me it does nothing.

I have yet to understand your instructions :D ... OK I think i got it.

Toggle is for locking the gun in a direction, i'm gonna test it.

Yeah I think it works...

I'll upload it with heavy instructions...
Brain Radioactivity

dragon

I only have 6128+ and gx4000 sorry.

I fixed victory, now button player 2 work. (they are always put on  in the other fix).

You know it not work because when you press the button in the second player it not sound, now yes :)

instructions:

So you need first pulse 1. REdefine de keys in pad 1.(left). then press down. And redefine the key in button 2 pad 2(right).

about the 4x4

In winape the trainer works, it generate infinite lives in the car.(when i try it today).

yurif74

Quote from: CraigsBar on 20:57, 19 May 15
Well this one is not much... But it proves that b-ASIC 1.1 and STarKOS work together on a 64 k machine (Works on GX40000)

Can someone with an unexpanded 464plus also plaease check this.

Thanks

hello i've a 464 Plus, give me some time to set it up and i will try :)

CraigsBar

Quote from: yurif74 on 11:03, 20 May 15
hello i've a 464 Plus, give me some time to set it up and i will try :)
thanks.

yurif74

i played with captain america and it works on GX4000,
have another one here: Gazza's Super Soccer but you need to press fire on both controllers at the beginning and you shouldn't mess with player names, game is playable :)

Juri

dragon

Some day i will watch the games in the list fix as rambo. Now i am busy with new games.

bomb jack arrives this night.

remax

Quote from: yurif74 on 16:40, 20 May 15
i played with captain america and it works on GX4000

The manual talks about grenade (using SPACE), i hadn't any succes in launching one. You have ?
Brain Radioactivity

yurif74

Quote from: remax on 17:25, 20 May 15
The manual talks about grenade (using SPACE), i hadn't any succes in launching one. You have ?

didn't noticed it, actually i wasn't able to launch grenades even in winape pressing spacebar O_o

btw easy one here: Fire Ant , it require joystick and only one firebutton needed :)
keyboard is required for hiscore table, but it can be bypassed pressing fire buttons (inserting X and Y). after filling up the space for name, game continue normally

Juri