News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon

mmm, so if in the compressed game you can press fire in gx4000 and work, and in the other no, the issue can be related to the kino patch and pokes he made.

Or the keboard routine is not the same in the tape versión and are plus imcopatible.

Can be a good idea load in 464+ a copy of the original tape. To discard if its ppi problem(or not).

remax

Quote from: Phantomz on 00:05, 22 May 15
@remax
I've tested both of these games and they work fine on the GX4000.  ;)

I've Upped the new version of Ik+.

I wait a bit for GNG to see if you manage to solve your problems.
Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

Quote from: remax on 17:55, 22 May 15
I've Upped the new version of Ik+.

I wait a bit for GNG to see if you manage to solve your problems.

Cheers @remax   ;)

Not sure I can do much more to be honest  ???
@dragon

I've translated the " Ghouls_n_Ghosts__REILAN " trainer screen to English, 1 and 2 need mapping to joypad 1 and 2 button, and then 1 and 2 to joypad for Y and N for
Continue, then maybe it could be compressed to work after, like the CNGSoft version?

No idea, way over my end, I only patch in hex  :laugh:

Anyway it's is here if anyone wants the disk with English trainer screen, this will work as a cart, but only in 128k  :(

CraigsBar

I've just noticed a cngsoft compression of a trained off shore warrior. Any chance of a trainer hack?
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

CraigsBar

Oh and Totems from ESPSoft? Columns always was a great game.

dragon

it's very strange. The keyboard routine is the same in the two version disc or tape, but it not work....

Autentic x-files.

No solution to cngsoft, he is the only know her code.

Phantomz

Quote from: CraigsBar on 18:50, 22 May 15
Oh and Totems from ESPSoft? Columns always was a great game.

Is there a CNG version of Totems, I see there is a original disks on CPC-Power?

I've done " Off Shore Warrior " for you, someone will need to check it out, loads up fine, no control on the GX4000.

Looks like the controls are mapped to the cursor keys (works in winape).

Wish this didn't keep happening, same as GNG  :(

remax

Quote from: Phantomz on 18:57, 22 May 15

I've done " Off Shore Warrior " for you, someone will need to check it out, loads up fine, no control on the GX4000.

If someone wants, i can setup a quick config to easy test cartridge under MESS as it's far reliable for everything control related.
Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

Quote from: remax on 19:38, 22 May 15
If someone wants, i can setup a quick config to easy test cartridge under MESS as it's far reliable for everything control related.

I haven't got that Emulator, but it would be good to have one ready to go with a windows gui to test stuff with.  ;D

dragon

Phantom have you tried the version not works in a plus computer(the dsk and the cpr)?.

Test it and try it the fire work.

The subrutine is the same in tape or disc version.

I need discard if is the arnold emu program at  convert it in  some obscure way.

In the tape crack, in 338B its read the joystick from 280E in ram (same in disc version in another point).

Then bit 4,A And if fire is detected it jumps to 339F The other jr in midde  are the keyboard options 1,2,3.

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 19:54, 22 May 15
Phantom have you tried the version not works in a plus computer(the dsk and the cpr)?.

Test it and try it the fire work.

The subrutine is the same in tape or disc version.

I need discard if is the arnold emu program at  convert it in  some obscure way.

In the tape crack, in 338B its read the joystick from 280E in ram (same in disc version in another point).

Then bit 4,A And if fire is detected it jumps to 339F The other jr in midde  are the keyboard options 1,2,3. Delete the 339D makes the program start bypassed(i not try it in gx4000).

I've only tried the cpr's I've made in the GX4000 as my PLUS isn't connected up at the moment,.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Phantomz on 18:57, 22 May 15

the CNG soft off shore warrior defaults to joystick on my 6128 plus. Just the trainer needed fixing. Will check it on the gx once my little fella heads to bed.

remax

Quote from: Phantomz on 19:42, 22 May 15
I haven't got that Emulator, but it would be good to have one ready to go with a windows gui to test stuff with.  ;D

Well not a windows gui, but a .bat where you only need to drag and drop the cartridge.
Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

@remax

I've done some more today as I had a little free time, these are  " Joe Blade ", " Hunchback ", " Hunchback II ", and " North Star ".

North Star will need a fix, it says it needs "S" for smart bombs in the instructions, I haven't been able to get any to check this out.

dragon

o.k its a ppi plus problem 100& sure , but i not know where exactly.

CraigsBar

Quote from: CraigsBar on 20:03, 22 May 15
the CNG soft off shore warrior defaults to joystick on my 6128 plus. Just the trainer needed fixing. Will check it on the gx once my little fella heads to bed.
Off Shore warrior works perfectly, thanks.

As for Totema, no there is no CNGSoft version, it is unprotected etc, and is fully curson controlled, but that cursor defaults to Cursor Keys with Joystick as an Option. I guess they just need flipping over.

Phantomz

Quote from: CraigsBar on 20:43, 22 May 15
Off Shore warrior works perfectly, thanks.

That's cool, it is working, maybe I had a brain fart and didn't press up on the controller  :laugh:

@remax  Could you add " Off Shore Warrior " for me to please mate, cheers  :D

Dinorast

Hunchback 1&2 fantastic - thank you very much !!!

remax

Done, Done, Done, Done, Done and Done
Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

Quote from: remax on 21:43, 22 May 15
Done, Done, Done, Done, Done and Done

Thanks @remax you're a star  :D

Think Joe Blade needs moving up the list though.

hehe

remax

Quote from: Phantomz on 21:51, 22 May 15
Thanks @remax you're a star  :D

Think Joe Blade needs moving up the list though.

hehe

Well Yeah... hard friday night is hard...

MESS : Download MESS GX4000.rar from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

Quote from: remax on 21:53, 22 May 15
Well Yeah... hard friday night is hard...

MESS : Download MESS GX4000.rar from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Thanks for this, do I need to download anything else, because when I drag the cpr over to open with... nothing happens.  ???

I've downloaded the emulator and a front end so I can use it now.  ;)

CraigsBar

OK it seems i am, temporarily at least, back in the Cartridge Conversion Business...

3 of my favourite puzzle games from Fraggle of MOPS today, namely....

Atomic - Extended Version
Logistic
Spots94

All 3 work perfectly with default Joystick controls, although with Atomic you do need to let the into sequence complete once to get to the menu (Unless anyone fancies fixing it as space will jump out of the sequence prematurely on a plus)

Craig

CraigsBar

Is there a version of star driver. That does not crash on a plus/gx4000, both the retail and compilation release dumps from cpc-power crash on the 3rd bend of the first asteroid. This would be perfect for conversion if it worked properly on a plus. In all honesty I have not checked it on my cpc's so it might do the same there too.

remax

Quote from: Phantomz on 23:40, 22 May 15
Thanks for this, do I need to download anything else, because when I drag the cpr over to open with... nothing happens.  ???

I've downloaded the emulator and a front end so I can use it now.  ;)

I tested it yesterday in an empty folder with just the files i gave you, and it worked.

* You need to drag an drop ON THE BATCH file (not on the exe)
* Is your OS 64bits ? (if not i must give you an alternate version)
* If your .cpr have a too strange name, try to short it, and retry. (in these case, i call it a.cpr)

For quicktesting, a frontend is not worth it. For extended use of all the mess drivers, i recommand you the QMC2 frontend (i can help you to setup if you need it).
Brain Radioactivity