News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Phantomz

Quote from: CraigsBar on 17:24, 25 May 15
I had a look at chuckie egg last night but with a hex editor could not find any controls to mod. If this one gets patched i'd love to put a plus loading screen and music on it for a cart release. @Phantomz, you fancy working your magic on the controls if possible?

I'll take a look but I only work with a hex editor like yourself, I  think @dragon would do a better job, I'm pretty good at sorting out the trainers, but he is really good at sorting out ingame keys and menu's.  ;D

@remax  Done a few more games from the CNGSoft website.

Fire & Forget
Krakout
Pac-Mania
Scooby Doo in the Castle Mystery
Shufflepuck Cafe (F) - This is in French, but it's a good game, best with a joystick  ;)

dragon

I think chukki egg use amstrad firmware calls as the trainers. but i can add it to my long long list XD.

Anyway,you can play chase hq or the goonies.

Chase hq:

*remmaped turbo to button 2,So you can play directly pressing gear(fire1).
*remmaped redefine controls if you not like the original controls.
*remmaped select languaje.(english ,french).
*remmaped pause to pause button.
*remmaped abandonn to fire 1 joypad 2. As the gx4000 had out of keys ingame in pad 1.
*cheats working except select level 1..5. Thats because the cracker injets the number you press directly in the memory poke. To remmap it in assembler is necesary more espace. So i force level 1 directly.
*rewrite screen keys menu to have help ingame.

The goonies:
*Pause and escape are in button 1,2 of game pad 2. to no interfiere with the original op,qa keboard array. In pause pause is deblocked with gx4000 pause key.
*button 2 in pad 1 toogle music off and on.(a diferency of new zelan history the music its not very good to the ears lol).

enjoy!.

McKlain

Have any of you tested Who Dares Wins 2 on a real machine? I tried it today on my 6128 plus and it didn't work. It loaded the intro screen twice and then crashed.

Phantomz

Quote from: McKlain on 19:48, 25 May 15
Have any of you tested Who Dares Wins 2 on a real machine? I tried it today on my 6128 plus and it didn't work. It loaded the intro screen twice and then crashed.

Just tested it, works fine on my GX4000 mate, no idea why it's not working on your plus.  ???

Quote from: dragon on 19:02, 25 May 15
I think chukki egg use amstrad firmware calls as the trainers. but i can add it to my long long list XD.

Anyway,you can play chase hq or the goonies.

Chase hq:

*remmaped turbo to button 2,So you can play directly pressing gear(fire1).
*remmaped redefine controls if you not like the original controls.
*remmaped select languaje.(english ,french).
*remmaped pause to pause button.
*remmaped abandonn to fire 1 joypad 2. As the gx4000 had out of keys ingame in pad 1.
*cheats working except select level 1..5. Thats because the cracker injets the number you press directly in the memory poke. To remmap it in assembler is necesary more espace. So i force level 1 directly.

The goonies:
*Pause and escape are in button 1,2 of game pad 2. to no interfiere with the original op,qa keboard array. In pause pause is deblocked with gx4000 pause key.
*button 2 in pad 1 toogle music off and on.(a diferency of new zelan history the music its not very good to the ears lol).

enjoy!.

@dragon 

Thank you so much for doing " Chase HQ " mate, it's one of my favourite games.  8) You've done a fantastic job, the GX4000 has a good version of Chase HQ available to play now.   ;D

With regards to " cheats working except select level 1..5. Thats because the cracker injets the number you press directly in the memory poke. To remmap it in assembler is necesary more espace. So i force level 1 directly. "

I noticed that you could still see this cheat being mentioned at the bottom of the screen, it was only for a split second, but you have done such a fantastic job on this, I decided to tidy it up abit, I've now made it so it doesn't show up.  :D

Here is a version without that unusable cheat being displayed (even if it was just a second ).

remax

Quote from: Phantomz on 20:03, 25 May 15
Just tested it, works fine on my GX4000 mate, no idea why it's not working on your plus.  ???

That's why it's a GX4000 page :-D

I long for my C4CPC a little bit more everyday now!

I've upped your cprs, now testing dragon's one.
Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

Quote from: remax on 20:37, 25 May 15
That's why it's a GX4000 page :-D

I long for my C4CPC a little bit more everyday now!

I've upped your cprs, now testing dragon's one.

I just done a small tidy up on dragon's chase hq if you're adding it to wiki page, I edited my post above to explain the small change.  ;)

remax

Quote from: Phantomz on 20:45, 25 May 15
I just done a small tidy up on dragon's chase hq if you're adding it to wiki page, I edited my post above to explain the small change.  ;)

Just in time, it's the last game i still have to add :D
Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

Quote from: remax on 20:46, 25 May 15
Just in time, it's the last game i still have to add :D

Glad I got you in time  ;) You didn't have to put fixed by me, I mean dragon done all the work, I just done a small fix to tidy it up a bit.  ;D

I don't want to steal his glory  :laugh: Just wanted the best version available to us all.  :)

dragon

Quote from: Phantomz on 20:03, 25 May 15

But i not know the truth so.

An  Arnlodemu case.

you welcome.

I mean about chase hq, The game read the number you enter with a firmware call. He look if you pressed  a number from 1 to 5. if you press the number, he take the number rest 30 and put the number in   two localizations of the memory (He poke the memory directly).

But to remmap he you need transform the codes   0B 08 0A 09 58 5A(joypad 1 codes) Is posible modify the sub to the first four(sub 7). but the five is the problem thats was because i drop it.

who is the 07 and the 0C?.

dragon

I come back!. Cheats all working!.

And this is my little assembly code for 1-5(and reset wtf) for the posterity.

" In 80FB
CD 18 BB->llamada
FE 58-> comparamos con el boton del fuego.
38 02 Si soy fuego sigo, si no salto a la segunda resta.
d6 4c-> para dejarlo en 0C
d6 07->para calcular los numeros.
32 70 83->load A en memoria 1
32 0E 83->load A en memoria 2
nop nop.borramos 2 que sobran.
"

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 23:49, 25 May 15
I come back!. Cheats all working!.

And this is my little assembly code for 1-5(and reset wtf) for the posterity.

" In 80FB
CD 18 BB->llamada
FE 58-> comparamos con el boton del fuego.
38 02 Si soy fuego sigo, si no salto a la segunda resta.
d6 4c-> para dejarlo en 0C
d6 07->para calcular los numeros.
32 70 83->load A en memoria 1
32 0E 83->load A en memoria 2
nop nop.borramos 2 que sobran.
"

Nice One, Well Done  8)

@remax I've done the same as before and fixed the trainer screen to tidy it up. . ;D

remax

Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

Quote from: remax on 06:10, 26 May 15
Done

Cool  :D @remax

I did a version the same as dragon's with the " RESETF2 ", but I spaced it so it's like " RESET F2 " and it doesn't make the screen go up and give a red bar at the bottom, but I think it looks better without the RESET F2 being there, don't see the point of the RESET option on the stage select screen.

What do you think, is it better how we've got it, just the 5 levels to select or do you want the F2 Reset Option on there?

Here is a version with " RESET F2 " for you to check out.

I've also done another game quick " Terminator 2 Judgment Day "

CraigsBar

I will have one later I think... I just need to get a nice extended palette screen for the game concerned.     

Ooh building the tension!
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

remax

Quote from: Phantomz on 11:33, 26 May 15
Cool  :D @remax

I did a version the same as dragon's with the " RESETF2 ", but I spaced it so it's like " RESET F2 " and it doesn't make the screen go up and give a red bar at the bottom, but I think it looks better without the RESET F2 being there, don't see the point of the RESET option on the stage select screen.

What do you think, is it better how we've got it, just the 5 levels to select or do you want the F2 Reset Option on there?

Here is a version with " RESET F2 " for you to check out.

I've also done another game quick " Terminator 2 Judgment Day "

I like the fact to have a reset for when you did a mistake. It avoids to reset the GX4000. I would keep like this last version.

Anyone else ?
Brain Radioactivity

CraigsBar

Quote from: CraigsBar on 19:08, 26 May 15
I will have one later I think... I just need to get a nice extended palette screen for the game concerned.     

Ooh building the tension!
c64 loading screens convert to plus palette really nicely ;) probably not going to happen tonight tho.

dragon

Quote from: remax on 20:43, 26 May 15
I like the fact to have a reset for when you did a mistake. It avoids to reset the GX4000. I would keep like this last version.

Anyone else ?

Don't ask to the reset author :D .

McKlain

A few spanish games, 2 special joystick only versions from Esp Soft (Hora Bruja and La Guerra de Gamber) and 2 straights conversions from the Mojon Twins (Sir Ababol and Uwol 2).

Changes in Hora Bruja:
Fire 1 to jump and Fire 2 to disable/enable music.

Changes in La Guerra de Gamber:
Fire 1 to Shoot. Fire 2 to jump and climb up ladders (you can't use joystick up now).

I need you to test them on real hardware, as I can't do that at the moment.

CraigsBar

Quote from: McKlain on 16:01, 27 May 15
A few spanish games, 2 special joystick only versions from Esp Soft (Hora Bruja and La Guerra de Gamber) and 2 straights conversions from the Mojon Twins (Sir Ababol and Uwol 2).

Changes in Hora Bruja:
Fire 1 to jump and Fire 2 to disable/enable music.

Changes in La Guerra de Gamber:
Fire 1 to Shoot. Fire 2 to jump and climb up ladders (you can't use joystick up now).

I need you to test them on real hardware, as I can't do that at the moment.
I'll test them tonight ;)

remax

Quote from: CraigsBar on 16:02, 27 May 15

After that, i'll upload them ;)
Brain Radioactivity

dragon

deflektor:

Change menu display & remmaped keys.
Fixed enter credits to pass with 1(yo can enter p XD).
Fixed esc+ctrl abort in practice mode to button 2.
fixed return pause enter to fire 1.

Phantomz

I had a few minutes spare so done another game, this time it's " Rolling Thunder ".

I also tried to do " Batman The Caped Crusader " I've sorted out the Trainer and the space bar to get passed the title screen.

But I'm not sure where 1 and 2 is to be remapped to Button 1 and 2 on the joypad for the two different games.

Maybe someone could fix this and remap button 1 and 2 to controller 1 and 2 buttons, @dragon maybe?  ;)

CraigsBar

Quote from: CraigsBar on 16:02, 27 May 15
All 4 tested, All 4 work fine... I am starting to like Spanish Platformers LOL

I was scarred by Freddie Hardest in the 80's LOL

CraigsBar

Quote from: dragon on 18:18, 27 May 15
deflektor:

Change menu display & remmaped keys.
Fixed enter credits to pass with 1(yo can enter p XD).
Fixed esc+ctrl abort in practice mode to button 2.
fixed return pause enter to fire 1.
Yippee, another one of my favourites. I thought this one was gonan be impossible as there are too many Keyboard controls. Clearly not.. Many thanks. Still hope for Chuckie Egg then :)

Dinorast

Would the CPC port of H.E.R.O. work as well ? Btw. Fantastic work,what you do here [emoji106]