News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon

New loopz version:

Now is possible introduce password in mode  C.

To introduce the letters use In  joypad 1: Left="R", right "T" Fire 1="G" fire 2="F"

Pasword list:

Level 6:   FGRT
Level 11: FGTR
Level 16: FTGR
Level 21: TFGR
Level 26: TFRG
Level 31: TRFG
Level 36: RTFG
Level 41: RTGF
Level 46: RGTF

Remember to start in level 1 press up in joypad 0 or enter wrong code.

PD:to view high score table in all levels in principal menu pulse "P" repeteadly..

CraigsBar

Quote from: Phantomz on 01:47, 29 May 15
I know you guys finished your version, but I thought what the hell I'll finish mine, I had everything done, just couldn't figure out why I was getting corruption at the top of the screen when I started the level.

I had to use your routine to sort the players out, just couldn't figure it out with that corruption.  ::)

I tried to sort the Enter key out, I believe it should be 3E 12 ? I found it in 3 places but didn't work when I changed it,was trying to map it to a Joypad button as we need to bypass the highscore table as you can't enter your name so will get stuck.

Anyway I'll upload my version here too incase anyone want's it, my version goes straight to the starting menu without that instruction screen that you can't read as it's only there for like 2 seconds.

Here is my Chuckie Egg without instruction screen popping up.
Can I have a cop of the Source DSK image please. I have a lovely Plus overscan intro screen I want to put on the front, and I cannot do that with a CPR.

Thanks

Craig
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

CraigsBar

Quote from: CraigsBar on 16:18, 30 May 15
Can I have a cop of the Source DSK image please. I have a lovely Plus overscan intro screen I want to put on the front, and I cannot do that with a CPR.

Thanks

Craig

OK As I see it we don't have a fully working Chuckie Egg yet? The ones I can find in this thread aff fail at th High Score table meaning the GX4000 needs to be reset. Before I make my cart this will need fixing, Here's hoping a fix is possible. If it is then can I have the source DSK please.

Craig

EgoTrip

Quote from: CraigsBar on 16:31, 30 May 15

OK As I see it we don't have a fully working Chuckie Egg yet? The ones I can find in this thread aff fail at th High Score table meaning the GX4000 needs to be reset. Before I make my cart this will need fixing, Here's hoping a fix is possible. If it is then can I have the source DSK please.

Craig

I have not tested this outside of WinAPE, but everything works with joystick control. Pressing Fire will get you past the high score table. I only had to change one byte to achieve this!

This is my first successful CPC hack.

Phantomz

My games today are: The Star Wars Trilogy  8)

Star Wars - A New Hope
Star Wars - The Empire Strikes Back
Star Wars - Return Of The Jedi

Star Wars and Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back Play Up and Down when played with the Keyboard, and if you Play with the Joystick this is reversed by default, making it Down and Up.

You can't redefine to the Joystick in the game only to the keyboard, so I've made two different versions of both.

I've added both version in the rar's on the wiki page as you might want the controls normal or reversed.

Anyway I've made all three games GX4000 friendly, remapped all the controls, changed all the menu's etc etc  ;)

CraigsBar

Quote from: EgoTrip on 16:56, 30 May 15
I have not tested this outside of WinAPE, but everything works with joystick control. Pressing Fire will get you past the high score table. I only had to change one byte to achieve this!

This is my first successful CPC hack.
I hope you don't mind, I will edit out your GX Mod message as I'll be giving you full credit on the titlescreen, and I think I will also intersperse my name into the High Score Table.

many thanks for this, it works perfectly on my Pluses.

I still have 2 pieces to add to this disc before I make the CPR.

1. Hack the Overscreen Decompressor so that it closes the screen and moves on with Fire not Space
2. Find some Chicken and Egg type music for the titlescreen

But enough for tonight, they are jobs for tomorrow.

CraigsBar

Quote from: CraigsBar on 00:40, 31 May 15
I hope you don't mind, I will edit out your GX Mod message as I'll be giving you full credit on the titlescreen, and I think I will also intersperse my name into the High Score Table.

many thanks for this, it works perfectly on my Pluses.

I still have 2 pieces to add to this disc before I make the CPR.

1. Hack the Overscreen Decompressor so that it closes the screen and moves on with Fire not Space
2. Find some Chicken and Egg type music for the titlescreen

But enough for tonight, they are jobs for tomorrow.

OK I have a problem!

I cannot find where to patch the DPKOVS+.bin routine to use Fire 1 not Space to close the Overscan Image and move on with the program.

Attached is the full ConvImgCPC 0.16 archive, and my WIP CPR (That only works on a Plus because of this)

If anyone could let me know where I have to patch this to work on the GX4000 I'd be delighted.

Craig

Phantomz

Couple more games from me today.  ;D

Escape From The Planet Of The Robot Monsters Only one play as player two needs the keyboard, can't remap the keys as its the cngsoft version that's compressed, work's in 64k though!  8)

and

Rygar - Let's Fight !!! I changed and remaped the Menu to Buttons 1 2 and P.  :D

@remax I had another look at your Konami's Ping-Pong I have fixed it now so the game works like it should, as stated in the instructions.

To start a one player game: Press 1 on the keyboard or FIRE on Joystick 1
To start a two player game: Press 2 on the keyboard or FIRE on Joystick 2

yurif74

Quote from: CraigsBar on 12:55, 31 May 15

OK I have a problem!

I cannot find where to patch the DPKOVS+.bin routine to use Fire 1 not Space to close the Overscan Image and move on with the program.

Attached is the full ConvImgCPC 0.16 archive, and my WIP CPR (That only works on a Plus because of this)

If anyone could let me know where I have to patch this to work on the GX4000 I'd be delighted.

Craig

The routine is very tricky unfortunately it do a RLA and check the carry bit.
you can change the row from 45 to 49 (to check joystick but the bit 7 contain DEL code so it only continue pressing DEL key)
i modified it to do a RRA so joyup bit is checked and it work :)

attached here is the rar file, you can skip title screen pressing joy UP.

Juri

CraigsBar

Quote from: yurif74 on 10:42, 01 June 15
The routine is very tricky unfortunately it do a RLA and check the carry bit.
you can change the row from 45 to 49 (to check joystick but the bit 7 contain DEL code so it only continue pressing DEL key)
i modified it to do a RRA so joyup bit is checked and it work :)

attached here is the rar file, you can skip title screen pressing joy UP.

Juri
thanks for that. It'll do for now, but a proper fire button would be better. On now to add the music and then we are done.

yurif74

Quote from: CraigsBar on 10:52, 01 June 15
thanks for that. It'll do for now, but a proper fire button would be better. On now to add the music and then we are done.

to try to use firebutton instead joyup i'll need source code of DPKOVS+.bin or a VERY GOOD assembler/disassembler for CPC or WINDOWS
i have to do 4 RLA instead of one..

by now i patched it to use joy up, here's the file:

Juri

CraigsBar

Thanks muchly, I'll use that one going forward.

dragon

game over 2 is ppi plus incompatible?

remax

Quote from: Phantomz on 19:53, 31 May 15
@remax I had another look at your Konami's Ping-Pong I have fixed it now so the game works like it should, as stated in the instructions.

To start a one player game: Press 1 on the keyboard or FIRE on Joystick 1
To start a two player game: Press 2 on the keyboard or FIRE on Joystick 2

I'm not sure if you want to keep it how we have got it or would like this version, I've added it here.

Yeah, feels more intuitive like that :)

And i'll update Rygar too ;)  (comme on dit chez nous, un Rygar sinon rien)...
Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

Quote from: remax on 14:19, 01 June 15

Yeah, feels more intuitive like that :)

And i'll update Rygar too ;)  (comme on dit chez nous, un Rygar sinon rien)...

Thank You.  :)

dcdrac

where do I find the Star Wars ones? and thank you all for doing this  it is great

Phantomz

Quote from: dcdrac on 15:07, 01 June 15
where do I find the Star Wars ones? and thank you all for doing this  it is great

They are on the GX4000 wiki page: or get the new version here:

Converted GX4000 games - CPCWiki

I hope you enjoy the Star Wars games, I included Normal Control and Inverted Control, and you're welcome  ;D

@remax  Can you changed the Star Wars rar for this one please mate, I've removed the " DO NOT STOP THE TAPE " message to make it look better.  ;D

I only had time to do a quick game today, this one is " Enduro Racer ". This will need adding too, cheers.  ;)

dragon

game over II possibly not work in plus range(needs ppi patch?).

dustin uses the two game pad(drop/abort).

Navy moves can't be fully complete in gx4000 because the second part needs keyboard to finish the game.(anyway tou can complete the first part in the gx4000).And walk in the second part.

And yes select joystick :) except in dustin

The abort key are in game pad 2 if the game have it.(and select music depend of the game) pause is always in p.

remax

Quote from: Phantomz on 15:31, 01 June 15@remax  Can you changed the Star Wars rar for this one please mate, I've removed the " DO NOT STOP THE TAPE " message to make it look better.  ;D I only had time to do a quick game today, this one is " Enduro Racer ". This will need adding too, cheers.  ;)

Done

All those spanish games, when they are without cheat, it's criminal :D
Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

Thanks @remax   ;D

I just nocticed that Ghosts 'n' Goblins needs a fix, get stuck on the high score table.

I just had a look at Ghouls 'N' Ghosts I know where to change the address to get the credits working, but I can't do so as the game is the CNGSoft version which is compressed, as you know this is the best version available to us.

This got me thinking, can we ( not me, I don't know how to do it ) write a simple poke that you run before the main file on the disk that will change the address when the game is running.

With Ghouls 'N' Ghosts the address for Y=32B1 and N=32AD, Y is 59 and N is 4E when I tried changing 59 to 58 (Fire1) and 4E to 5A (Fire2) It didn't work with Joystick control in winape. But X & Z worked on the Keyboard.

I then thought, well you don't really need N as the timer can just run out, so you only need Y for it to work.

When I changed 59 to 50 ( P ) this worked and you could continue, therefore could we make a POKE to change 59 to 50 @ 32B1 ?

I'm not sure if this is possible, just an idea.   ;)

If we can make a poke and this works, maybe we could fix more compressed games this way, like maybe the potion buttons for GAUNTLET II etc.  ;D

The disk with the space bar changed to fire and trainer fixed is here if this is possible.

dragon

Two more today.

To use the pause redefine the keys, if not simply select joystick.

Phantomz

@remax

I worked on Dizzy - Down The Rapids some more today, I've got both players sorted out now.

Use Up for option 1, Down for option 2, Fire on Controller 1 for option 3, use pause (P) to enter your initials for name.

I've remaped all the Keys to the Joypads.

I've been looking at " CRYSTAL KINGDOM DIZZY " I've found that the " THE EQUALIZOR " version is not compressed.

The game can be fully controlled by the Joystick and the P is pause by default.

This leaves the pass codes and the menu's, I'm still looking at trying to find both menu screen button addresses, but the passwords shouldn't be a problem.
There are only 3 four letter words for passcode and I did a quick test and changed them to GGGG FFFF and PPPP and these worked, so hopefully won't be a problem.

I can't test stuff out properly at the moment with MESS as this version as a Cracktro, can anyone help me bypass it with the fire button please or remove it, and maybe help with finding menu addresses.

Cheers  ;D

remax

Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

Quote from: remax on 17:58, 03 June 15
I'm going to do it...

Cheers, I see you have started  ;D

They have all been tested and work on the GX4000  ;)

seanb

Could I make some request for someone.

Batman (head over heels version)
Sweevos World
Movie

he also wants head over heals but I don't think that can be done.
I'm away this weekend or I'd attempt it. I still will next week but other than finding how to change controls in a snap shot which doesn't help that much I'm still learning.
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!