News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

StarshipUK

This is a really great project, but can a new column be shown on the Wiki Page please to show when the game was added?
Converted GX4000 games - CPCWiki

At the moment new games are being added alphabetically which was fine when there was just a few games, but now there are so many I am having to download each one as its not easy to tell what has been newly added since the last time I visited and what I already have downloaded.

Another way would be to place newly added games at the top, rather than alphabetically. Just a thought.

yurif74

OMG
never noticed how long was "the list", last time i checked there was around 60 converted games, somtime i check to see if it is updated but actually there are over 200 games!
After all this years the GX4000 is starting a new life :D

BTW:
Mission Elevator from Eurogold
this is fully playable with joypad but please give it a try

Juri

remax

Quote from: StarshipUK on 19:40, 15 June 15
This is a really great project, but can a new column be shown on the Wiki Page please to show when the game was added?
Converted GX4000 games - CPCWiki

At the moment new games are being added alphabetically which was fine when there was just a few games, but now there are so many I am having to download each one as its not easy to tell what has been newly added since the last time I visited and what I already have downloaded.

Another way would be to place newly added games at the top, rather than alphabetically. Just a thought.

I might release a weekly .dat file to use with ClrMame Pro. Might be easier to spot what is missing...
Brain Radioactivity

Gryzor

Unfortunately the Added date should have been done from the beginning (or near it) probably, now it's not of much use... :(

dcdrac

Still plenty to plug and pay with on the GX and Plus machines now, maybe even tempt a programmer type to try a new Plus game.....*ducks for cover*

Phantomz

@remax

Couple more games from me today guys.

The first game is " Grand Prix Simulator " The disk has some message at the start from CHANY with swearing, I tried to remove this, but I can't find it to do so, it must be compressed.

Anyway, I've translated the Trainer and made it GX4000 Friendly like normal.

I've remapped 1 or 2 to play to Controller 1 Button 1 and 2
I've remapped all the controls to both Joypads as default, with Button 1 being the accelerator and Button 2 being the brake, steer with left and right obviously.
I've remapped ESC to the Console Pause Button, so you can redefine the controls if you wish, not that you really need to do so now.
I've remapped SPACE to continue to the Console Pause Button.
I've remapped ENTER to the Console Pause Button so you don't get stuck on the High Score Table.
I've changed all onscreen prompts so you know what to press .  8)

The second game is " Ghost Hunters " I've included a normal version of the game and a poked version with Infinite Macho Energy.

Again.....

I've remapped 1 or 2 to play to Controller 1 Button 1 and 2
I've remapped all the controls to both Joypads as default.
I've remapped ESC to the Console Pause Button, so you can redefine the controls if you wish, not that you really need to do so now.
I've remapped ENTER to the Console Pause Button so you don't get stuck on the High Score Table.
I've changed all onscreen prompts so you know what to press .  8)

remax

Quote from: Gryzor on 13:33, 16 June 15
Unfortunately the Added date should have been done from the beginning (or near it) probably, now it's not of much use... :(

That's what Revision History is for...
Brain Radioactivity

dcdrac

Hmm would a GX/Plus games competition by a crazy idea?

EgoTrip

Quote from: dcdrac on 20:41, 16 June 15

Yes but crazy isn't always bad

magentis

Soooo,
I have just purchased a gx4000 on ebay,it has not arrived yet.
It comes with burnin rubber(surprise) how do i get hold of some more games for it?
Is it possible to purchase a multirom cart somewhere?

magentis

andycadley

Quote from: magentis on 22:49, 16 June 15

Yes i would be up for one of these.
Do you get to choose the 16 roms?
You can choose the 16 ROMs. More importantly, one of the ROM options gives you a directory listing of as many cart images as you can fit on the SD card and let's you boot any one of them, so you don't even have to limit yourself to 16! An absolute must have for any GX4000 owner.

TFM

Quote from: dcdrac on 20:41, 16 June 15

Actually a great idea!  :)

Now...
- Organize some prices
- Define the rules
- Define the deadline
- Get somebody doing  a Wiki-page for it

Guess with some luck I would participate, but with a smaller production only. Depends on my time.

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

EgoTrip

Quote from: TFM on 19:41, 17 June 15

Actually a great idea!  :)

Now...
- Organize some prices
- Define the rules
- Define the deadline
- Get somebody doing  a Wiki-page for it

Guess with some luck I would participate, but with a smaller production only. Depends on my time.

Prize: the glory of winning
Rules: A game that runs on the plus/GX4000 machines. Preferably utilising the extra features.
Deadline: 31st November 2015
someone else can do the wiki page

Mmm

Hi,
can i ask you to add some description when you update a game ? SOmething like updated in this date...
Therefore, we will know if you have the latest version.

Or am i seeing all wrong?

Thanks

TFM

Quote from: EgoTrip on 20:43, 17 June 15
Rules: A game that runs on the plus/GX4000 machines. Preferably utilising the extra features.

Suggestions:
- Deadline: 30st June of 2016 (so we can use the X-MAS break and the cold ugly winter days)
- Must run on GX4000 too (you kinda stated that, just to make it clear)

We could copy & paste the ROM competition page for that purpose... ?

Participants:
- EgoTrip
- TFM
- anybody else???

Less than 5 participants is ... boring...
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Bryce

Quote from: EgoTrip on 20:43, 17 June 15

I think the timing is too tight. I'd rather wait another 3 months and get a better game.

Bryce.

EgoTrip

I'm not entering, I don't have a coder.

Revise the deadline to February 30th I think.

dcdrac

Quote from: Bryce on 21:16, 17 June 15
I think the timing is too tight. I'd rather wait another 3 months and get a better game.

Bryce.

Yes I can imagine to learn the capabilities of the Plus will take a while.

Phantomz

No new games from me today, but I did fix one.

" Ghosts 'N' Goblins " needed a High Score Fix so you don't get stuck, I've fixed it now so you can get past it with the Pause Button.
I've changed it to show " Pause to Continue ".

I've also done a Poked version of " P-47 The Freedom Fighter " as this game can be hard, I've included the Normal version and Poked version
with Infinite Lives in the rar.

I've changed the files on the wiki page for these new versions.  ;)

Bryce

Quote from: dcdrac on 22:02, 17 June 15
Yes I can imagine to learn the capabilities of the Plus will take a while.

In my case it would be - Learn to program, learn classic CPC coding, learn the capabilities of the plus :D
But I don't intend competing.

Bryce.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Bryce on 22:38, 17 June 15
In my case it would be - Learn to program, learn classic CPC coding, learn the capabilities of the plus :D
But I don't intend competing.

Bryce.
Ditto!
But I look forward to playing the results.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

dcdrac

I have not programmed anything for donkeys years very rusty at coding now.

Phantomz

Well I don't know &%&%£ about programming so can't join in the fun.  :laugh:

Do I win anything for all these conversions to the GX4000 ?  :laugh:

Bet people that are making all these new games available to the GX4000 didn't even get a mention in the Retro Gamer Article ?

Anyway, I've done another game guys, this time its " Commando " loved playing this as a kid.  :D

I've remapped the S to Start to the Pause Button.
I've remapped J to for Joystick to Left on Joypad 2
I've remapped K for To Redefine Keyboard to Right on Joypad 2.

I've changed all the onscreen prompts so you know what to press.  8)

Remember to select Joystick or Redefine to Joypad 2 before you start.  ;)

If you select Joystick, hold down fire to use grenades.
Redefine to Joypad 2 if you want to use one button to fire and one button for the grenades.  ;)

I've also included a version with infinite lives and grenades in the rar.

I didn't know that there was another version of this called " Space Invasion "
This is "Commando (Capcom)" modified for the West German marketplace, In this version, the enemy soldiers were replaced by robots.