News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

iddod

i've been putting some of these converted games onto eproms and loving them, ive now got a c4cpc on the way from Gerald to make life much easier, so while i wait for it to arrive i'd just like to take a couple of minutes and send a huge thank you to everyone who's making the effort to convert the games for all of us that are enjoying them...
THANK YOU

seriously, your work is very much appreciated  :-*

bobbi iddod
poppi iqqoq

CraigsBar

Quote from: iddod on 21:40, 02 July 15
i've been putting some of these converted games onto eproms and loving them, ive now got a c4cpc on the way from Gerald to make life much easier, so while i wait for it to arrive i'd just like to take a couple of minutes and send a huge thank you to everyone who's making the effort to convert the games for all of us that are enjoying them...
THANK YOU

Shucks thanks. I have not done anything like as many as I would have liked. But as my coding skills are limited to basic it gets a bit tricky! I hope to release my dizzy menu carts soon. Stay tuned.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

seanb

THANK YOU

Hear hear
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

Phantomz

THANK YOU

Thank you. ;)

ImpaledGryphon

i've only just ordered a c4cpc for my gx but it was the work you guys put in to doing these conversions that swayed me so i'd like to add my thanks to all of you for a fantastic job, well done and i greatly look forward to playing the fruits of your labours.

Phantomz

Quote from: ImpaledGryphon on 03:03, 03 July 15
i've only just ordered a c4cpc for my gx but it was the work you guys put in to doing these conversions that swayed me so i'd like to add my thanks to all of you for a fantastic job, well done and i greatly look forward to playing the fruits of your labours.

Thanks from me it's much appreciated   :)

The C4CPC is a fantastic card that people have wanted for so long, but some people might be put off by such a small games library for the GX4000, it sounds like you was one of these people.

The C4CPC opened the door for more games to be possible and thanks to arnoldemu for making nocart, this has made it possible for everyone to make cart conversions ( if they can ).  ;D

I hope you enjoy your new fantastic card from Gerald, it's a great piece of kit, and all the fantastic new games available to play on it thanks to arnoldemu, myself and the rest of the guys that have worked
on cart conversions.  ;D

After watching the video from chinnyhill10, I've converted " KANE ".

Dizrythmia

Quote from: Phantomz on 12:41, 03 July 15
I hope you enjoy your new fantastic card from Gerald, it's a great piece of kit, and all the fantastic new games available to play on it thanks to arnoldemu, myself and the rest of the guys that have worked
on cart conversions.  ;D
I keep seeing people having a play with them on here & I can't wait till more become available so I can get one :)

iddod

you're very welcome, i always appreciate the work of people who can do things that i'm not capable of, so i think it's only fair that i let those people know...
for what it's worth, my first attempts with no$cart over the space of a few weeks produced a grand total of zero working eproms, so i gave up... and then a year or so later i tried again and this time i actually managed to reproduce my results and once more completely failed to make a single working game... and i gave up again... a few months ago i was looking into building some kind of larger eprom cart with bank switching for my gx4000 (cos why not) and stumbled across this forum, i promptly joined, lurked, learned and leeched... as you do... i found out about the C4CPC cart and but when i emailed about them i was informed the run was sold out and there were no more, so i went back to using individual games per eprom... i can't remember the exact order, but i think i leeched Chuckie Egg first, i've always wanted to have a version of chuckie egg in an arcade cab but obviously all the versions need you to use a keyboard before you can even start a game, so i was seriously impressed that i was now in possession of a rom image that required no keyboard input and i could burn to an eprom, solder into a cart, plug into a gx4000 and install inside one of my cabs and play it... and then my GX4000 went and died on me... so i'm now using my 464plus with it's monitor to play the likes of Donkey Kong and the Dizzy series on regular eprom based socketed carts, just after the console died i got an email from Gerald to tell me more carts were available if i still wanted one, this was two days before payday, so superb timing (my plan was to buy an Everdrive GG for my gamegear this month, but that was postponed, obviously)... i plan on attempting to repair one of my GX4000s before the end of the year though, they both seem to have the same fault, one of them was given to me faulty and i've never done anything with it... Gerald was good enough to provide me with a link to a different thread on here that details, what looks to be, the same fault and explains the repair procedure, so i'm pretty confident that my dream of an arcade cab running Chuckie Egg will one day be realised... anyway, that's my little story, can i go back to lurking now?
;D

bobbi
bobbi iddod
poppi iqqoq

ImpaledGryphon

Quote from: Dizrythmia on 14:27, 03 July 15
I keep seeing people having a play with them on here & I can't wait till more become available so I can get one :)

i too am waiting but look at it this way, you go on the list and wait, excitement builds and by the time you get to the top of the list these guys will have provided even more stuff to play, and look on the bright side if you'd ordered a channel f multicart instead, you'd pay twice the price at time of order and then wait for upto a year or more for that magical "dispatched" notice all for another system with a pretty restricted library but other than some very good homebrew there is nothing else to convert.

ImpaledGryphon

Quote from: Phantomz on 12:41, 03 July 15
The C4CPC is a fantastic card that people have wanted for so long, but some people might be put off by such a small games library for the GX4000, it sounds like you was one of these people.

the more i read about it the more impressed at the technical achievement it is to make it, i have to say i'd have gone for one eventually but it's a matter of priorities, the work you guys did pushed it to the top of the list otherwise it would still be below a skunkboard and a portfolio cf card adapter which i only really want for 1 game, alter-ego, i used to have it on mine many years ago but that system got broken and i've lost so many of my bits from that era that only now am i getting around to getting the bits i need again, i had to move into an adapted home a number of years ago and so many things (mostly psus, leads and controllers) got lost in the move bit i've never been able to find them, it's made worse by the fact that the last foster kid i had stole a whole lot of stuff i "wouldn't miss" to feed his drug / alcohol habit.

dcdrac

The new cart is an astounding piece of work and all credit to its creator

Phantomz

Done a couple more games today guys.  :)

The first is " Metro Cross  " and the second is " Motos ".

zeropolis79

Quote from: ImpaledGryphon on 20:32, 03 July 15

the more i read about it the more impressed at the technical achievement it is to make it, i have to say i'd have gone for one eventually but it's a matter of priorities, the work you guys did pushed it to the top of the list otherwise it would still be below a skunkboard and a portfolio cf card adapter which i only really want for 1 game, alter-ego, i used to have it on mine many years ago but that system got broken and i've lost so many of my bits from that era that only now am i getting around to getting the bits i need again, i had to move into an adapted home a number of years ago and so many things (mostly psus, leads and controllers) got lost in the move bit i've never been able to find them, it's made worse by the fact that the last foster kid i had stole a whole lot of stuff i "wouldn't miss" to feed his drug / alcohol habit.

My cousin stole a whole load of stuff I had too, including retro items.. teh lowest was when I was in hospital 10 years ago and the chances of me dying was 99%

Phantomz

Just letting you guys know, I've updated " Wec Le Mans " with a version with a Trainer.

I've also done another game, this time it's " Continental Circus ".

I've sorted out the Trainer so it all works, use the following:

(Joystick Fire 1 = yes) (Joystick Fire 2=no) For Trainer
Trainer Level Select: 1 = Joy1 Button 1, 2 = Joy1 Button 2, 3 = Up, 4 = Left, 5 = Right, 6 = Down, 7 = Joy2 Button 1, 8 = Joy2 Button 2

I've put it in the Need a Fix section at the moment as needs Y or N for Continue on Stage remapping as I haven't been able to find that yet,
maybe I will be able to when I've got more time free, unless someone else does the fix first.

Phantomz

I've done another game today guys, this one took some work, but I think you will agree that it was worth it.  ;)

This time I bring you " ROBOCOP "   8)

The Trainer is fully working, just press 1 for yes, press 2 for no, it's onscreen like normal anyway.  ;)

The Trainer level select is also fully working, but I couldn't change the onscreen text as the string would have been to long and I didn't want to mess the game up.  ;)

I've got it to show " PRESS FIRE OR LEVEL BUTTON " just press fire to start on level one.  ;)

Level Buttons are: 1 = Joy1 Button 1,  2 = Joy1 Up,  3 = Joy1 Left,  4 = Joy1 Right,  5 = Joy1 Down,   6 = Joy2 Up,   7 = Joy2 Left,   8 = Joy2 Right,   9 = Joy2 Down

Use Joypad 2 for Ingame Menu

Redefine controls first to get pause to work, then can select Joystick or Keyboard to play

gsxrboy

Another thanks to all the hard worked, underpaid coder gurus making the compatible titles.

Cheers!  :D ;D ;D

Phantomz

I've done a few more updates today.

I've done " Batman The Movie " you can now Turn the Music On or Off and also Redefine the controls to make Pause work.  :D

I've done a new version of  " Green Beret " this has a Trainer for Invulnerability, so you might get off the first level now.  :laugh:
Shoot with Button 2 the same as before, Pause also works now. :D

I've done a new better version of " Gryzor " This is the CNGSoft version that looks a lot better loading up, its also as the added bonus of having a Trainer. :D

I've also done another new game, this one is " Target Renegade8)

Use Joypad 2 for Ingame Menu, Redefine controls first.

CraigsBar

OK I am back again with another patch request.

Attached is the BIN file from the Mode 0 2048. I cannot find where to patch this so that it does not require Space on the loading/title screen

If this can be done, or someone can explain how to find it, then I'll path the mode 1 version too and make a nice Multi option cart of this.

Craig

Phantomz

Just letting you guys know that I have just fixed " Ghouls 'N' Ghosts ".

You can now Redefine the Controls with the console Pause Button, Redefine Controls first to get pause to work.

Pause Once to pause, Pause Twice for Quit.

You can now use Continues with Joypad Button 1 for Yes and Joypad Button 2 for No.

dthrone

Quote from: CraigsBar on 21:01, 08 July 15
OK I am back again with another patch request.

Attached is the BIN file from the Mode 0 2048. I cannot find where to patch this so that it does not require Space on the loading/title screen

If this can be done, or someone can explain how to find it, then I'll path the mode 1 version too and make a nice Multi option cart of this.

Craig

I'm not familiar with Arnoldemu's tool you're using and how exactly you're going about doing these conversions, but this may be of some help  :-\   I've had a look at your .bin, the problem is that the program uses the firmware to read the space bar.  You can skip the bit with the raster bar that needs the space keypress to exit by poking a &c9 to address &8300.  This  works by returning immediately from the subroutine that runs that section and skips to the next bit.  Looks like a multiload though, can your tool handle this?

Phantomz

Quote from: dthrone on 01:13, 09 July 15

I'm not familiar with Arnoldemu's tool you're using and how exactly you're going about doing these conversions, but this may be of some help  :-\   I've had a look at your .bin, the problem is that the program uses the firmware to read the space bar.  You can skip the bit with the raster bar that needs the space keypress to exit by poking a &c9 to address &8300.  This  works by returning immediately from the subroutine that runs that section and skips to the next bit.  Looks like a multiload though, can your tool handle this?

Because of the firmware call, I couldn't fix all the space bar skips whilst in disk form, I can skip past the rastar bar screen , but then would get stuck on the text screen.

Because of this I had to make a cart, to look at getting past the title screen.

I think I've got it sorted now, so I needed to do work on this before and after the conversion, or all after if you get me.  :laugh:

Anway, I'm not sure if multiload will be a problem, it will need to be checked out, not sure if the highscore will need a fix as it's late and I don't know how to play the game .  :laugh:

Anyway, here is the Multi Cart I created, to test, hopefully the multi load won't be a problem.

Dinorast

Awesome work again-Phantomz !!! You are the king of conversions !!! Have you even tried to convert SUB HUNTER from Psytronik21 ? Its now already available as a free download for CPC-I think it would be perfect to play on a GX4000...

Gryzor

Whoa, what a collection...

And I realised that I've never said thanks. So, hey, thanks, that's really awesome indeed and gives a new lease of life to our game machines computers!

Phantomz

Quote from: Dinorast on 06:58, 09 July 15
Awesome work again-Phantomz !!! You are the king of conversions !!! Have you even tried to convert SUB HUNTER from Psytronik21 ? Its now already available as a free download for CPC-I think it would be perfect to play on a GX4000...

I do what I can, I can't do all the games I've tried to do, because I can't find stuff to change due to compression etc.

Sometimes it's just a case of getting  the right version of the game to work with, for example, Target Renegade is the fourth version I tried and got working, the first two copies I found nothing, the third version I got to work, but would crash at level 3 , think due to only 64k, but lucky enough the fourth version worked.  8)

I remember saying....

Quote from: Phantomz on 00:42, 15 June 15
I'd love for Robocop and Target Renegade etc to be done.
I've tried to do them in the past myself but had no luck, so I'm in the same vote as you to a degree, but I won't give up and over time maybe I'll get better at it myself and I'm sure you will too.

Well this turned out true and we have Robocop and Target Renegade now .  ;D

Quote from: Gryzor on 11:10, 09 July 15
Whoa, what a collection...

And I realised that I've never said thanks. So, hey, thanks, that's really awesome indeed and gives a new lease of life to our game machines computers!

You're Welcome Gryzor  ;D

Like I said before, it's nice to get a Thanks from time to time as some of these games are not straight forward to convert, and can take time to do, so it's nice to feel that you haven't put the time in for no reason.

Anyway, I hope people enjoy them.  :D

I've just done " SUB HUNTER "   ;)

CraigsBar

Quote from: Phantomz on 12:16, 09 July 15
I do what I can, I can't do all the games I've tried to do, because I can't find stuff to change due to compression etc.

Sometimes it's just a case of getting  the right version of the game to work with, for example, Target Renegade is the fourth version I tried and got working, the first two copies I found nothing, the third version I got to work, but would crash at level 3 , think due to only 64k, but lucky enough the fourth version worked.  8)

I remember saying....

Well this turned out true and we have Robocop and Target Renegade now .  ;D

You're Welcome Gryzor  ;D

Like I said before, it's nice to get a Thanks from time to time as some of these games are not straight forward to convert, and can take time to do, so it's nice to feel that you haven't put the time in for no reason.

Anyway, I hope people enjoy them.  :D

I've just done " SUB HUNTER " it's here for you now. 8)

It should work fine, but I haven't completed it yet as I don't have the time.

It will need adding to the wiki page if someone has the time and maybe the 2048 multi cart if it works ok, cheers  ;D
I tested the dsk to CPR of the original mode 0 2048 last night, and it works fine. Except the high scores are not saved obviously, but there is no crash or issues at all.

Since you have now done what I planned on doing, I guess I don't have to :( damn in now need to find another game series that I can make a compilation cart from.