News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Phantomz

Quote from: CraigsBar on 14:40, 09 July 15
I tested the dsk to CPR of the original mode 0 2048 last night, and it works fine. Except the high scores are not saved obviously, but there is no crash or issues at all.

Since you have now done what I planned on doing, I guess I don't have to :( damn in now need to find another game series that I can make a compilation cart from.

Sorry  :(  But due to the firmware calls I needed to make a cart to fix the game/s.

Therefore after all that was needed to be fixed was done,  the cart was made,  even though I was only looking at fixing the problems  :laugh:

Look on the bright side, it is done now and you can play it.  :D

CraigsBar

Lol. After watching the Atari 2600 battle zone on you YouTube, I was thinking about tank busters. The original design design release.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Dinorast

I've just done " SUB HUNTER "   ;)

Excellent !!! You are a star-I will test it straight away !!!

Phantomz

Quote from: Dinorast on 19:03, 09 July 15

I've just done " SUB HUNTER "   ;)

Excellent !!! You are a star-I will test it straight away !!!

Have fun  :D  It works fine though, I thought it looked so good I played it to the end  ;)

I've just noticed that the version I did doesn't show the intro  >:(

I got it from CPCRULEZ, its says skip the intro with RUN"SUBHUNTE.BIN", I didn't know that, I used it to get past the CNG Crack intro as I haven't got any experience bypassing cracktros yet.

I'll look at it when I get more free time, unless someone can remove the cracktro from " SUBHUNTE.BAS " as we need that file to load the intro.

I used "SUBHUNTE.BIN" to bypass cracktro but we have lost the game intro.  :o

Dinorast

Its in my opinion one of the best games for the Amstrad. The speed of the game is also excellent-good that you took the trained version!!!

Phantomz

Quote from: Dinorast on 19:39, 09 July 15
Its in my opinion one of the best games for the Amstrad. The speed of the game is also excellent-good that you took the trained version!!!

The original, wouldn't work when converted.  :o

CraigsBar

Quote from: Phantomz on 03:54, 09 July 15
Because of the firmware call, I couldn't fix all the space bar skips whilst in disk form, I can skip past the rastar bar screen , but then would get stuck on the text screen.

Because of this I had to make a cart, to look at getting past the title screen.

I think I've got it sorted now, so I needed to do work on this before and after the conversion, or all after if you get me.  :laugh:

Anway, I'm not sure if multiload will be a problem, it will need to be checked out, not sure if the highscore will need a fix as it's late and I don't know how to play the game .  :laugh:

Anyway, here is the Multi Cart I created, to test, hopefully the multi load won't be a problem.

Yours works fine @Phantomz , but I was hoping for a more graphical menu, and the Hi Score table reset to the default... I've done my own and attached it here. Any chance you and hack the CPR on this one to allow Fire 1 to move past the Raster Screen for both Mode 0 and mode 1 games please.
Up to you which is on the wiki page, I'd just like this one back for me LOL

Craig

CraigsBar

Quote from: CraigsBar on 15:03, 09 July 15
Lol. After watching the Atari 2600 battle zone on you YouTube, I was thinking about tank busters. The original design design release.
Yikes! I've just been reminded of the TankBusters menu structure.... Erm no, this one won't be done by me.

Shame it is a cracking game. One to live on the HxC tho I think.

Phantomz

Quote from: CraigsBar on 22:17, 09 July 15

Yours works fine @Phantomz , but I was hoping for a more graphical menu, and the Hi Score table reset to the default... I've done my own and attached it here. Any chance you and hack the CPR on this one to allow Fire 1 to move past the Raster Screen for both Mode 0 and mode 1 games please.
Up to you which is on the wiki page, I'd just like this one back for me LOL

Craig

You get a bad command if you press the fire before the cursor direction, I don't know it you knew this?

CraigsBar

Quote from: Phantomz on 23:38, 09 July 15
I'll have a look when I get some free time, menu screen looks good by the way ;)

Got some odd behaviour when I run your cart, the first time I run it, it runs fine, no problem, the second time I run it, it comes up bad command when I press the fire button  ???

Does your menu use firmware calls? if so can you change it to space to select, it might work better when I have to change the other calls, I'll make the fire button space if you get me.

If I manage to get this sorted, I'll put this version on the wiki page by the both of us.  :D
OK, I'll put the disc up here tomorrow. The menu is 100% basic with a mf2 screengrab. I can add space to the fire button no worries.

Phantomz

Quote from: CraigsBar on 23:47, 09 July 15
OK, I'll put the disc up here tomorrow. The menu is 100% basic with a mf2 screengrab. I can add space to the fire button no worries.

I've done it, but you might need to give me another version to do, the reason being is, if you press fire before moving the cursor, you get bad command.

People might press fire first as it's pointing to select mode 0.

Why not do it the same as I did, just make it one button press for whichever verision, the menu will still look good.  ;)

If you give me another to do, just leave fire as it is, I'll let you know if I need it changed, I will probably be able to do so anyway  ;)

CraigsBar

Quote from: Phantomz on 00:05, 10 July 15
I've done it, but you might need to give me another version to do, the reason being is, if you press fire before moving the cursor, you get bad command.

People might press fire first as it's pointing to select mode 0.

Why not do it the same as I did, just make it one button press for whichever verision, the menu will still look good.  ;)

If you give me another to do, just leave fire as it is, I'll let you know if I need it changed, I will probably be able to do so anyway  ;)

Here is your cart done.  ;D
Oh yeah. Sh!t I know already where the bug is. 1 extra variable to define. Will fix it and give you a new CPR to patch and upload tonight. Thanks.

CraigsBar

Quote from: CraigsBar on 08:41, 10 July 15
Oh yeah. Sh!t I know already where the bug is. 1 extra variable to define. Will fix it and give you a new CPR to patch and upload tonight. Thanks.
Bug Squashed.... Variable defined.... Shoudl now work without needing to waggle first.

Tested and all OK, If you could patch this one @Phantomz and upload it, thanks.

Edit: Oh I added "space" to the selection options so Fire 1, Fire 2 or Space all now select the mode to load.

Phantomz

Quote from: CraigsBar on 22:00, 10 July 15
Bug Squashed.... Variable defined.... Shoudl now work without needing to waggle first.

Tested and all OK, If you could patch this one @Phantomz and upload it, thanks.

Edit: Oh I added "space" to the selection options so Fire 1, Fire 2 or Space all now select the mode to load.

All done.  ;D

CraigsBar

Quote from: Phantomz on 22:39, 10 July 15
All done, the new version is on the wiki page now.  ;D
Thanks [emoji3]

CraigsBar

Quote from: Phantomz on 22:39, 10 July 15
All done, the new version is on the wiki page now.  ;D
Just playing this now. And I dunno if in your firmware hacks you can remap M to P (or P to M) so that the Pause button on the console will pause the music?

If not, no worries, just thought it would be a nice "feature" to have on the GX.

Phantomz

Quote from: CraigsBar on 21:40, 11 July 15
Just playing this now. And I dunno if in your firmware hacks you can remap M to P (or P to M) so that the Pause button on the console will pause the music?

If not, no worries, just thought it would be a nice "feature" to have on the GX.

Done! , Console Pause Button will Turn Music On or Off.  ;D

CraigsBar

Quote from: Phantomz on 23:58, 11 July 15
Done! It's on the wiki page now, Console Pause Button will Turn Music On or Off.  ;D
You sir, Are a legend :)

remax

Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

Just done a couple more guys, the first is " Ball Crazy " and the second is " Postman Pat - The Computer Game ".

zeropolis79

Will let my goddaughter Molly play Postman Pat during the week...

Phantomz

Quote from: zeropolis79 on 16:29, 12 July 15
Will let my goddaughter Molly play Postman Pat during the week...

You might need to leave the music on even though it doesn't sound to great.

I've converted this game ok, and the buttons work fine, but when I tested it the sound is bad, when you turn the music off to fx, you get some sort of sound corruption.

I tested both fixed versions of the game ( sheep bug fix ) the one from NICH and the CNGSoft version and they are both the same, so it looks like the GX4000 doesn't like it for some reason.

I believe it is fully playable, just the sound seems to be the problem.  ???

zeropolis79

Nightwolf

Ho! Finally C4CPC cart is here.... hoowooo!!! :) Im so happy :)

So, seems all points to convert 64k games for the console. That's fine. But, what about 128 games? What about the 6128+? Im dying to play Rtype enhanced or Orion Prime, Bloodwych (damn, with two joysticks could be possible???) Will anyone had interest on that? For what I see, NO$CART just convert 64k programms, is that correct?

Anyway thank you for the conversions!

mr_lou

Quote from: Nightwolf on 23:51, 12 July 15
For what I see, NO$CART just convert 64k programms, is that correct?

I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure NO$CART will convert 128k programs too. People has just been focusing on 64k games in order to support the GX4000.