News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

gerald

Quote from: Nightwolf on 23:51, 12 July 15
So, seems all points to convert 64k games for the console. That's fine. But, what about 128 games? What about the 6128+? Im dying to play Rtype enhanced or Orion Prime, Bloodwych (damn, with two joysticks could be possible???) Will anyone had interest on that? For what I see, NO$CART just convert 64k programms, is that correct?
As Mr_lou said, nocart is working for 128k game as well  ;)

arnoldemu

Quote from: mr_lou on 05:57, 13 July 15
I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure NO$CART will convert 128k programs too. People has just been focusing on 64k games in order to support the GX4000.
correct it will do 64k or 128k or 512k etc.
The disc format needs to be DATA or SYSTEM.
I doubt Orion Prime will convert, it's a special disc format and communicates directly with the floppy disc controller.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

CraigsBar

The 64kb goal is to bring games to a gx4000. The 6128+ has a perfectly good disc drive, and even easy access to a 3.5inch 2nd floppy, or hxc/gotek meaning you can play r-type 128k or rick dangerous 128k etc from disc. Its not like the CPC discs run as slow as the c64 ones lol. Even a 464+ can have disc and 128k added relatively easily.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

gerald

Quote from: arnoldemu on 09:24, 13 July 15
I doubt Orion Prime will convert, it's a special disc format and communicates directly with the floppy disc controller.
I would love to see a 64k cartridge version of Orion prime !
But It would requires multiload or direct access to sd file as 512k is too small. Not even talking of game save.

Phantomz

I've been doing the 64k GX4000 carts mainly as like people have said, you have no way to play most of the games on the system as you can't connect a floppy drive up to it.

I'm happy to do 128k games, but nocart can only do 40 track discs and non protected games, so it's not as easy as just picking a game and thinking I'll convert that.

I think I mentioned doing a page for 128k games for the plus machines, but people though it was pointless as people would just convert games for themselves, maybe they will maybe they won't,
I have no idea.

Nocart is easy to use, so maybe look into trying to convert the games, it really is easy if the game isn't protected and is 40 tracks or less, I mean you have a keyboard on a computer so there is no problems
with a converted game.

The GX4000 games I do require more work than just using nocart to transfer the game from disc to cart, as there is the added problem of no keyboard on the console, I have to remap all the keyboard controls to the Joypad Buttons available to me, I do this as it might be hard for most people to do.

If a page gets made for 128k games then I'm happy to upload any games I make, I mean I did the 128k Hack version of Paperboy with Music that people might want, but it will probably get lost with the post I added it to.

remax

Quote from: Phantomz on 10:59, 13 July 15
I've been doing the 64k GX4000 carts mainly as like people have said, you have no way to play most of the games on the system as you can't connect a floppy drive up to it.

I'm happy to do 128k games, but nocart can only do 40 track discs and non protected games, so it's not as easy as just picking a game and thinking I'll convert that.

I think I mentioned doing a page for 128k games for the plus machines, but people though it was pointless as people would just convert games for themselves, maybe they will maybe they won't,
I have no idea.

Nocart is easy to use, so maybe look into trying to convert the games, it really is easy if the game isn't protected and is 40 tracks or less, I mean you have a keyboard on a computer so there is no problems
with a converted game.

The GX4000 games I do require more work than just using nocart to transfer the game from disc to cart, as there is the added problem of no keyboard on the console, I have to remap all the keyboard controls to the Joypad Buttons available to me, I do this as it might be hard for most people to do.

If a page gets made for 128k games then I'm happy to upload any games I make, I mean I did the 128k Hack version of Paperboy with Music that people might want, but it will probably get lost with the post I added it to.

Do not refrain yourself from creating such a page, it's really easy ;)

My only demand, is that people try to keep things well separated and try not to mix the two categories (ie : make a new topic to talk about it).
Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

Quote from: remax on 16:39, 13 July 15
Do not refrain yourself from creating such a page, it's really easy ;)

Maybe it is, but I'm busy enough as it is  ???

Maybe people that have a little free time and want 128k games could make one.  ;)

Nightwolf

Thank you for your reply guys. I found C4CPC very handly to play all CPC games. Hope more games can be converted and this way more interest doing special editions by adding music, sfx, those kind of ugrades (and CPC+ features!!!) By the way, is there any tutorial for convert games? I've tried Laser Squad for example, but I had no luck. Tried witht:

"nocart64 LASERSQ.DSK disc"

Then tried with arnold, and it didnt work :_(

remax

Quote from: Phantomz on 17:00, 13 July 15
Maybe it is, but I'm busy enough as it is  ???

Maybe people that have a little free time and want 128k games could make one.  ;)

Myself, i only have a GX4000, and even if i had a Plus, i have an HXC, so i have absolutely no interest in such a page. ;)

(And hundreds other things to do too).

Quote from: Nightwolf on 17:40, 13 July 15
Thank you for your reply guys. I found C4CPC very handly to play all CPC games. Hope more games can be converted and this way more interest doing special editions by adding music, sfx, those kind of ugrades (and CPC+ features!!!) By the way, is there any tutorial for convert games? I've tried Laser Squad for example, but I had no luck. Tried witht:

Try to add the .cpr extension to "disc".

Or try another disk (a very standard one to begin with).
Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

Quote from: Nightwolf on 17:40, 13 July 15

"nocart64 "disk name" "cart name" "file to load"

so for example, I got the cracked disk version from cpc-power.com, and used nocart32

I renamed the disk to LS to make the disk name easier and quicker to type, then did......

nocart32 ls.dsk ls.cpr ls

It makes ls.cpr, I renamed this to " Laser Squad.cpr ".

This is how you do most games and they work, but nocart doesn't like this game, the drive light just keeps flashing, I had the same problem when I tried to do the plus version of Operation Wolf.  :'(

Phantomz

Just letting you guys know, I've just done another game today, this one is " Prehistorik II - Back To Hungerland "

I could only do the normal CPC 64k version as the other 2 versions need 128k.

CraigsBar

Did you use the CNG soft source with the menu to select version and simply hard code the results?
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Phantomz

Quote from: CraigsBar on 12:44, 14 July 15
Did you use the CNG soft source with the menu to select version and simply hard code the results?

I had removed the other two versions from the menu, and put press fire button 1 to load the 64k version as don't won't GX4000 users trying to load other versions with nothing happening.

I had to remap all the menu buttons, so you can move the screen etc.

It wasn't just the menu that needed doing as when you load the game you need to press space to get past the title screen, this needed to be fixed too, lucky enough I could do it, as CNGsoft games are not easy to change stuff on due to compression.

Nightwolf

Quote from: Phantomz on 12:50, 14 July 15
UPDATE

I have now updated the version on the wiki page so it can now be used to play the 128k and plus version, for people with a 6128 plus.

Thank you very much!!

seanb

Quote from: Phantomz on 19:24, 07 June 15
Yep that was it  ;) ;) ;) ;) :laugh:

@remax

Here is another game for the list  " Exolon "

It wouldn't let me remap Joypad 1 Buttons even when I tried 58 and 5A and 4C and 4D

Use Joyad 2 Button 1 and 2 for options, use option 2 and redefine controls before you start.

I'm not to good at bypassing Highscore Tables, I've done so in this game by making the scores really high, so the option shouldn't come up.

I've just changed the rar to include a poked version also which gives:

Unlimited Bullets

Unlimited Grenades

Unlimited Lives

I've just done the same trick with " Solomon's Key " maxed out the Highscore board so it shouldn't come up to get stuck on.

Ayer 30 years I finally competed Exolon :) and I don't care if I used trainers the games bloody hard and I put enough hours into it as a child.
seems I got quite far as a sprog too
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

Phantomz

I've done another couple of games guys, they are....

" Thrust " and " Thrust II "

Phantomz

I've just done another game, this time it's " Battle Ships "

I've also done a new better version of " Head Over Heels " This one includes a Trainer.

They are both on the wiki page now.

Enjoy  :D

remax

Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

I've just done " Sweevo's World " and " Hydrofool "

I haven't added them to the wiki page yet as not sure if they have highscore tables, I didn't see any.

Remember to press button 2 to select Joystick before you start. ;)

Then press, Up, Left, Right, or Down to start on your choice .

Enjoy  :)

zeropolis79

Could Shadow of the Beast be converted (in theory)?

yurif74

Hello mates,
good new here, i finally fixed "Continental Circus"  :P

when you're asked to press y/n to continue, you can use fire button 1 to reply YES and fire button 2 to reply NO (controller 1)

8)

zeropolis79

Phantomz

Quote from: yurif74 on 10:06, 03 August 15
Hello mates,
good new here, i finally fixed "Continental Circus"  :P

when you're asked to press y/n to continue, you can use fire button 1 to reply YES and fire button 2 to reply NO (controller 1)

8)

Well done  :D

Update.

I've just done another fix to your fix, it now shows Y1 N2 on screen when asked if wish to continue.  ;D

zeropolis79

Nice show of community spirit..

Phantomz

Quote from: zeropolis79 on 14:29, 04 August 15
Nice show of community spirit..

Indeed  :D

yurif74  did a fantastic job fixing the continues for us.

I try and do fixes and conversions myself when I get time, but can't always get the time free, so it's great when someone else helps out.  8)

My fix after yurif74 fix is not a pop at his work if that's what you thought, I just like to change the on screen prompts when I can.

I would have liked to do the Trainer prompts but that appears to be compressed, at least I made the Trainer fully functional.  8)