News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

TFM

Ok, you guys to a great job for sure!!! Now a little petition... can you attach new updates here too? If not asked too much this would be really great!  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

yurif74

Quote from: Phantomz on 16:50, 04 August 15
Indeed  :D

yurif74  did a fantastic job fixing the continues for us.

I try and do fixes and conversions myself when I get time, but can't always get the time free, so it's great when someone else helps out.  8)

My fix after yurif74 fix is not a pop at his work if that's what you thought, I just like to change the on screen prompts when I can.

I would have liked to do the Trainer prompts but that appears to be compressed, at least I made the Trainer fully functional.  8)

hello Phantomz,
thank you for fixing the text, like you i too prefear a modified text on screen, but this time  i completely forgot to modify that text  :P
i think it's the age!

Dan Hero

got my C4CPC today in the mail, it's awesome. Also, thank you guys for providing great classics on the console, it's an Amstrad heaven! Is it hard to convert the games? controls aside, I'm interested since there are a few games that I'd love to play on the GX4000.

Dizrythmia

Mine arrived by courier 2 hours ago while I was teaching a class. I wish the day was over so I could go home & try it out, but 5PM is 3 hours & 40 minutes away :)

Bryce

Quote from: Dizrythmia on 04:49, 12 August 15
Mine arrived by courier 2 hours ago while I was teaching a class. I wish the day was over so I could go home & try it out, but 5PM is 3 hours & 40 minutes away :)

Teacher waiting for the bell to ring? :D Damn, as a school child I always knew this happened, only now do I get the proof!

Bryce.

Dizrythmia

Ahh yes, it's true.

Got to try it out & it works a treat! Gerald, you're a genius!

CraigsBar

Quote from: Dizrythmia on 14:04, 12 August 15
Ahh yes, it's true.

Got to try it out & it works a treat! Gerald, you're a genius!
That he is. And the C4CPC is a true marvel Thanks cannot possibly say enough.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

zeropolis79

I sold mine the other day to raise some funds...

CraigsBar

Quote from: zeropolis79 on 23:10, 12 August 15
I sold mine the other day to raise some funds...
Awwww :( I hope you got a good price, and the buyer realises the genius behind their new board.

onofrix

I've read some pages back that tmht1 is not possible to convert because keyboard use. But, would it be possible mapping those extra keys to joypad 2?

Thanks for the good job converting those good games!

zeropolis79

TMHT uses three keys during gameplay - ENTER to go to character select screen, one key to enter party wagon and another key to select weapons.. If you were trying to convert the C64 or other versions, then the second pad would be necessary but in theory, the PAUSE button could be used to go to character select, Button 1 during the map scenes can enter party wagon and Button 2 during the sideways scenes can select weapons.

dragon

Quote from: arnoldemu on 09:24, 13 July 15
correct it will do 64k or 128k or 512k etc.
The disc format needs to be DATA or SYSTEM.
I doubt Orion Prime will convert, it's a special disc format and communicates directly with the floppy disc controller.

Is possible made a version with parados instead of amsdos?.

Where is the source code?. I want learn how works.

onofrix

Quote from: zeropolis79 on 20:20, 13 August 15
TMHT uses three keys during gameplay - ENTER to go to character select screen, one key to enter party wagon and another key to select weapons.. If you were trying to convert the C64 or other versions, then the second pad would be necessary but in theory, the PAUSE button could be used to go to character select, Button 1 during the map scenes can enter party wagon and Button 2 during the sideways scenes can select weapons.
yeah. That sounds good. Is possible then?

Dan Hero

Renegade should be a most wanted as well as Savage, but the first uses too many keys (maybe using both pads?) and the second needs passwords for level two and three, if I recall well. Dunno if it can be bypassed, also Operation Wolf, Beyond the ice palace, Satan  and ikari warriors would be ace, I love the games where the CPC outperforms the c64, and I'm a commodore owner myself  ;D

Dizrythmia

I notice that the Dizzy series has been converted, with the exception of Crystal Kingdom Dizzy. Does anyone plan to do this one?

dragon

dragon

Renegade is too complicated, it need other most experience people as arnold emu a TFM take a look.

I not undestand what he does, it start in 030E LD A,(#A76F). read the keboyard in the next call, take the keyboard reading from memory. make a strange thinks and at the finish it load the restul in #A76F and a770 and a771. But he not read these memorys in all game except in 030E the begining.

To change the keys is needed understand and change heavely the entire funciton and subrotines, at least in apperance.

it appears designing to filtrate all keys except the predefinied. So all keys except the predefinied return 0 as result of the subrotine to save in a76f

Dan Hero

very interesting, and very clever. Or messy :D

DARKGATE

;D Hope of see very soon a .cpr version of IKARI WARRIORS, GAUNTLET, GAUNTLET 2, THE DEPPER DUNGEONS, DOUBLE DRAGON 1 and 2, DRAGONNINJA, SHADOW DANCER, TURTLES THE COIN OP, and others, but a tutorial for explain how made the conversions?
Do not underestimate the power of AMSTRAD CPC.

Dizrythmia

Quote from: DARKGATE on 08:36, 23 August 15
;D Hope of see very soon a .cpr version of IKARI WARRIORS, GAUNTLET, GAUNTLET 2, THE DEPPER DUNGEONS, DOUBLE DRAGON 1 and 2, DRAGONNINJA, SHADOW DANCER, TURTLES THE COIN OP, and others, but a tutorial for explain how made the conversions?
Some of those might not be possible. Doesn't TMNT the Coin Op take up 2 sides of a disc?

Dan Hero

Dragon Ninja is already on the page, and it's ace. Best 8 bit version.

Dinorast

I would vote for Raid over Moscow, if its possible at all...

CraigsBar

Quote from: Dinorast on 10:55, 24 August 15
I would vote for Raid over Moscow, if its possible at all...
Oh god I remember that one. Getting the planes out of the hanger was so frustrating!

Puresox

Quote from: CraigsBar on 14:19, 24 August 15
Oh god I remember that one. Getting the planes out of the hanger was so frustrating!
Yes really trying little section the hanger, especially  when you were a kid,  this game would be good for a remake tbh , there were elements of it that were ported reasonably ok , but other parts were dreadful and lacking , such as the flying left to right scrolling section. These Carver games were some early days classics, with so much variety to keep you thrilled. Especially the C64 version.

dragon

Nunchake style to renegade?. 1 pad (horizontal).

Up=up left=left right=right down=down?

second pad(in vertical). Left=jump up= attack right down attack left?

or in reverse?.

or two gamepads in vertical.
:D .