News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Phantomz

I've just done some more work on " Xybots " this game can now be played by two players.  8)

Use Joypad 2 for Player 1, Player 2 Uses Joypad 1 by default

Phantomz

I've just done some more work on " Badlands " this game can now be played by two players.  8)

Press Fire to Accelerate, Steer with Left and Right, Down to Fire.

Console Pause Button to Pause the Game, Unpause with Joypad 1 Fire 1.

dragon

wait is finish boys.

Pad1: up=up down=down Left=left right=right 1=fire 2=select weapon.
Pad2: 1 changue turtle 2 quit game where in pause. right=in/out vehicule. up=cheat mode on/off.

gx4000 button=pause.

Phantomz

I've been busy trying to bring us another game, I've managed to do so, but only one player at the moment.

This time I give you " Ikari Warriors8)

I've sorted out the trainer and got the game to work as a one player game ok, just can't get the 2 player to work yet!

I'm a bit puzzled as I know where the menu numbers are to change, but it won't work when I change them.  ???

Instructions

Press Fire button 1 on Joypad 1 on Player 1 select screen, Redefine the Joypad 1 controls.

Press Up on Joypad 2 on Player 2 select screen, press Joypad 2 button 2 for toggle.

Press Fire Button 1 on Joypad 1 to start a 1 Player game.

You can bypass the High score board with Joypad 1 Fire Button 1

I'm not sure what needs changing, but I know it's not a lot, just can't find it at the moment, I've left 2 for 2 player alone at the moment, so 2 players will work on a plus computer, if I change 2 to joypad 2 UP it still starts a 1 player game.  ???

I'll keep trying to sort it out, or maybe @dragon might be able to help with this one.

xenon

Hello:

I converted from disk last month (using NOCART) the great Betiled! from CEZ. It seems to work very well on the console and on my CPC 464 Plus.

Here is a link from my Twitter account the day I converted the game with some shots :) VEB Xenon op Twitter: "Betiled! de CEZ GS, 2009... En GX 4000

Hope you'll enjoy it :-)

Regards,

Salva

Token

One man and his droid (added C64 pic)

Token

Space Hawks (Trainer, tape cover pic)

Phantomz

IKARI WARRIORS UPDATE

New version.  :)

dragon

Quote from: Phantomz on 19:04, 20 October 15
I've been busy trying to bring us another game, I've managed to do so, but only one player at the moment.

This time I give you " Ikari Warriors8)

I've sorted out the trainer and got the game to work as a one player game ok, just can't get the 2 player to work yet!

I'm a bit puzzled as I know where the menu numbers are to change, but it won't work when I change them.  ???

Instructions

Press Fire button 1 on Joypad 1 on Player 1 select screen, Redefine the Joypad 1 controls.

Press Up on Joypad 2 on Player 2 select screen, press Joypad 2 button 2 for toggle.

Press Fire Button 1 on Joypad 1 to start a 1 Player game.

You can bypass the High score board with Joypad 1 Fire Button 1

I'm not sure what needs changing, but I know it's not a lot, just can't find it at the moment, I've left 2 for 2 player alone at the moment, so 2 players will work on a plus computer, if I change 2 to joypad 2 UP it still starts a 1 player game.  ???

I'll keep trying to sort it out, or maybe @dragon might be able to help with this one.

UPDATE

I haven't had time to try a fix the 2 player problem yet, but I have now included a version with the new title screen, so the rar contains both the original and new title screen version.

Anyway, the game is here and on the wiki page for you to enjoy, sorry it's only one player at the moment.

I would say... poke &1de6,5d

And now the explanation:  :D

In 1D85 They  load the character read in the memory buffer keyboard(register A) Thats is hidden in the last line of the screen FFEF-FFF8.

Is in a blucle,they read 1 by one. Line 0, 1,2,4,10,20,40,80.(in reverse in the cpcwiki table). Line 1 0,1,2 etc... This is loaded from register C

Register DE(memory ascii localitation) is incremented 1 in  1. when A And C make 0. He exist the routine and load the corresponding ascii memory localitation from register DE.

Then he load the ascii code and then he make  a substraction to the ascii code to leave it in 01 02 and 06. Corresponding to option 1,2,3.

If we folow when key number two is pressed we can observe it correspond to DE=11DA=5D, so is as simple as folow the button 2 keypad and its correspond to DE=1DE6=01.

So we changue 1DE6=5D And game pad number two launch two players.

note*This can changue others menus so take a look :) .

Antoher metod can be changue the substration number in 64CB to acomode it to ascii table game pad buttons.
And other one can be changuing the comparations numbers in cp below 64CB

Phantomz

Thanks for the help @dragon  8) you're a star  :D

I knew it was going to be something small to sort it, I just couldn't figure it out, as you know I'm useless with the debugger  :doh: :laugh:

I've never come across f01 f02 f03, normally it's just 31,32,33 or 40,41,39 etc  ;)

I've now sorted it, and two players can now be played.

Instructions are the same as before, but you can now press Joypad 1 Button 1 for 1 Player or Joypad 1 Button 2 for 2 Player.

I also bring you another game, this one is " Golden Axe8)

Use Joypad 2 for Menu / Options

Press UP for Joystick 1, Redefine Magic to Console Pause Button, Select Character With Joypad 1.

Use Joypad 2 for Menu / Options.

Press DOWN for Joystick 2, Redefine Magic to Joypad 2 Button 2, Select Character.

Happy with your controls Yes or No = Joypad 2 Button 1 for Yes, Joypad 2 Button 2 for No.

Press Joypad 1 Button 1 to Start a 1 Player game, Press Joypad 2 Button 1 after you have started to get Player 2 to join for two players.  ;)

I would have liked it if we could remap Player 1's Magic button to Joypad 1 Button 2, but can't figure it out at the moment.

It doesn't let you redefine joypad 1 button 2 for magic unless I change 3E20 @ 101E4  in a HEX Editor to 3E00, this then lets me redefine the button but it doesn't work.

dragon

Sorry i am looking this  thats why i not response you :)

golden axe¿?. I lost something?

remax

Quote from: xenon on 01:54, 21 October 15
Hello:

I converted from disk last month (using NOCART) the great Betiled! from CEZ. It seems to work very well on the console and on my CPC 464 Plus.

Here is a link from my Twitter account the day I converted the game with some shots :) VEB Xenon op Twitter: "Betiled! de CEZ GS, 2009... En GX 4000

Hope you'll enjoy it :-)

Regards,

Salva

Tested and upped

Quote from: dragon on 21:06, 19 October 15wait is finish boys.Pad1: up=up down=down Left=left right=right 1=fire 2=select weapon.Pad2: 1 changue turtle 2 quit game where in pause. right=in/out vehicule. up=cheat mode on/off.gx4000 button=pause.

Not even a trainer ?!?

Well, tested and upped  ;D

Quote from: Token on 07:01, 21 October 15One man and his droid (added C64 pic)

Tested and upped
Brain Radioactivity

xenon

Thanks for testing and upping it into the wiki, remax :-) Betiled! is one of my favorite CPC games.

Regards,

Salva

PS: I converted Super Monaco GP and Columns (CEZ release). Both work on a CPC 464 Plus, but I don't have the knowledge to adapt the keyboard into pad codes for playing then on GX4000.

dragon

Quote from: remax on 18:16, 21 October 15

Tested and upped

Not even a trainer ?!?

Well, tested and upped  ;D

up=cheat mode on/off.
up=cheat mode on/off.
up=cheat mode on/off.
up=cheat mode on/off.
up=cheat mode on/off.
up=cheat mode on/off.
up=cheat mode on/off. ^9999999999999999999

remax

Quote from: xenon on 18:30, 21 October 15Thanks for testing and upping it into the wiki, remax :-) Betiled! is one of my favorite CPC games.Regards,SalvaPS: I converted Super Monaco GP and Columns (CEZ release). Both work on a CPC 464 Plus, but I don't have the knowledge to adapt the keyboard into pad codes for playing then on GX4000.

Thank you for converting the game  ;)

Quote from: dragon on 18:30, 21 October 15
up=cheat mode on/off.
up=cheat mode on/off.
up=cheat mode on/off.
up=cheat mode on/off.
up=cheat mode on/off.
up=cheat mode on/off.
up=cheat mode on/off. ^9999999999999999999

Whoops! when do you have to press up ?
Brain Radioactivity

dragon

remax

Brain Radioactivity

dragon

Quote from: remax on 18:35, 21 October 15

Ok, thanks ;)

Anyway with inmortality you can fail in the level water becuse its depend of the time :).

remax

Quote from: Token on 07:03, 21 October 15
Space Hawks (Trainer, tape cover pic)

And done !

Quote from: dragon on 18:42, 21 October 15Anyway with inmortality you can fail in the level water becuse its depend of the time :) .

Yeah, damned level !
Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

Quote from: xenon on 18:30, 21 October 15

PS: I converted Super Monaco GP, but I don't have the knowledge to adapt the keyboard into pad codes for playing then on GX4000.

Do you know how to start a two player game? Also what type of highscore table does it have ? if any, and can it be bypassed by typing anything in? eg keep pressing joystick fire button for X ?

I'm not very good at this game, so can't check out how to input name on the highscore table.

Anyway.... I've converted the game to cpr so here is " Super Monaco Gp "

Press Button 1 on Joypad 1 to load the 64k version for the GX4000

Press Console Pause Button for Option 1 = Redefine Controls  ( can redefine joypad 2 if want to use both buttons )
Push UP on Joypad 2 for Option 2 = Joystick 1
Push DOWN on Joypad 2 for Option 2 = Joystick 2

Happy with your controls Yes or No = Joypad 2 Button 1 for Yes, Button 2 for No.

dragon

Pad 1: 2 sound on/off

Pad 2.cross and 1 changue views in train. 2:restart 

gx4000 button=pause.

I have a problem with two games, maybe someone can help me.

The first is sim city. is plus imcompatible (ppi).
And the second is hot rod the cracked version reset in plus computer :S.

Phantomz

I did " Super Monaco GP " earlier and now I bring you.....

" Columns CPC (UK) (2008) "

I can't change the onscreen text as I can't find it with the hex editor, probably done in graphics or compressed.

Anyway I've remapped all the controls and they work fine.  8)

MENU
1 = FIRE BUTTON 1
2 = FIRE BUTTON 2
3 = CONSOLE PAUSE BUTTON
4 = LEFT
5 = RIGHT
9 = UP
0 = DOWN (resets game)
JOYPAD 2 FIRE BUTTON 1 = MUSIC ON/OFF

INGAME
LEFT = LEFT
RIGHT = RIGHT
FIRE BUTTON 1 = ROTATION
FIRE BUTTON 2 = ACCELERATE THE FALL
JOYPAD 2 BUTTON 1 = MUSIC ON/OFF
CONSOLE PAUSE BUTTON TO QUIT

dragon

Experimenting.... probably is bad, because i think i need remap the keyboard subrutine to a not used memory ,buy i don't know how find it. So I  delete  a rst was below to write the code to fix it, but the game not appears to crash :P.

But, at least i learn how to fix ppi plus games fault :).

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 21:37, 22 October 15
Experimenting.... probably is bad, because i think i need remap the keyboard subrutine to a not used memory ,buy i don't know how find it. So I  delete  a rst was below to write the code to fix it, but the game not appears to crash :P.

But, at least i learn how to fix ppi plus games fault :).

Nice work  :D

Maybe you could do " Colony " or even " Breakthru " now, they don't seem to be plus friendly

dragon

Quote from: Phantomz on 22:11, 22 October 15
Nice work  :D

Maybe you could do " Colony " or even " Breakthru " now, they don't seem to be plus friendly

Really is easy, you can do that the problem is the space.

The plus need this sentences in keyboard routine.

This is a routine compatible with the plus:

LD BC,&F4OE
OUT(C),C
LD BC &F6C0
OUT(C),C
LD C,&00
OUT(C),C
LD BC,&F79E
OUT(C),C

In game incompatible with the plus. normally The LD C,&00 is not present, or the F6C0 is called first (the plus need have in these order).

In the sim city case they don't have the LC C,&00 and f6C0 is called first. So  i interchange F40E and F6E0 and add the LC C,&00. And thats the problem,to write the LC C,&00 you need a  space you don't have :D .