News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 14:26, 29 October 15
Frankie returns with patched ppi. I only convert it to a cpr, the creators of the patch are urusegui and artaburu from amstrad.es

Big Thanks to the two.

Haloween is coming, the dead return from grave.

How pause the game, put a stone in the gx4000 pause button. :picard2:

gauntlet 2 not need modifiations, the potions are picked and use at the fly. He not have potion button.

Daley Thompson's Super Test is bad converted cartridge not load.

Capitain america not appears use granade in the code, but it have undocumented buttons.

1 an Z made move the capitains america in break dance style. i not sure if it use granade, but best view the entire video:
Captain America Defies the Doom Tube Amstrad cpc HD Comentado - YouTube

And i not see the graphic glitch in killer cobra ???.

First off, thanks for fixing Rambo that I converted, thanks to your fix, I've just done a new version with a Trainer

Daley Thompson's Super Test runs just fine on my real GX4000 so no idea why it doesn't work for you, it just needs Enter fixing for Highscore table, you enter name with joystick but still need enter.

With regards to Killer Cobra, I have corruption on the bar at the top and on the main helicopter you control on real GX4000.

With regards to Gauntlet, you do need potion buttons, if you press the potion button keys that are listed, they will make a noise to show you are out of potions, I don't think we can remap these as the game looks compressed to me.  :doh:

dragon

1) thomson, o.k it only happend in arnold, arnoldemu take note,another bug  try cartridge it not work :)

2).The corruption is cause of a fix your made or is plus range incomaptibility?.I tried it in emulators only. The corruption is only in gx4000?.

3) Who are the potions buttons in gaunlet?. Manual don't say nothing.

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 20:26, 29 October 15
1) thomson, o.k it only happend in arnold, arnoldemu take note,another bug  try cartridge it not work :)

2).The corruption is cause of a fix your made or is plus range incomaptibility?.I tried it in emulators only. The corruption is only in gx4000?.

3) Who are the potions buttons in gaunlet?. Manual don't say nothing.

1. I hope you can find the Enter key for the game .  ;)

2. I think the game doesn't like the plus range, get the corruption on my gx4000, think it was the same on my 6128 plus

3. Magic Keys are shown on the Player Controls Screen when the game loads, Player 1 Magic = F2, F3, F5, F6, F8, F9      Player 2 Magic = SPACE

Phantomz

I already did " Escape From The Planet Of The Robot Monsters " but it was only one player, as the second player needed the keyboard and the game was compressed.  :doh:

I've now done a totally new version from a different disk, I've remapped all the controls and you can now play 2 players.

I've done two different versions, I've done v1 to use joypads and v2 to use joysticks.

v1 = JOYPAD VERSION

Player 1 Joypad 1
Player 2 Joypad 2

Forward = UP
Left   = LEFT
Right   = RIGHT
Fire   = FIRE BUTTON 1
Bomb   = FIRE BUTTON 2

v2 = JOYSTICK VERSION

Player 1 Joystick 1
Player 2 Joystick 2

Forward = UP
Left   = LEFT
Right   = RIGHT
Fire   = FIRE BUTTON 1
Bomb   = DOWN

remax

Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

Quote from: remax on 16:23, 31 October 15
Full list updated.

Nice one.

dragon

We need a list of ppi incompatible plus games.If anyone knows incompatible games put the name here thanks :) .

Phantom i need you test this.

try if it work in real plus hardware, and if it not work in a real  normal cpc hardware, if its correct it works in plus range but not in normal range cpc computers and corruption is fixed.

Note:is only fixed ppi not keys to the gx4000.

Nich

Quote from: dragon on 13:45, 01 November 15
We need a list of ppi incompatible plus games.If anyone knows incompatible games put the name here thanks :) .
Tom et Jerry has an (incomplete) list of games on his site.

Does anyone know of any emulators that actually emulate the Plus keyboard incompatibility? WinAPE doesn't seem to do it for the large majority of games, even when all the Plus-related configurations are enabled.

dragon

Quote from: Nich on 17:29, 01 November 15
Tom et Jerry has an (incomplete) list of games on his site.

Does anyone know of any emulators that actually emulate the Plus keyboard incompatibility? WinAPE doesn't seem to do it for the large majority of games, even when all the Plus-related configurations are enabled.

Thanks for the list.

good news:Yes i know one.
Bad news: is unreleased, only arnoldemu know when he release the arnlod emulator :).

Phantomz

Phantom i need you test this.

try if it work in real plus hardware, and if it not work in a real  normal cpc hardware, if its correct it works in plus range but not in normal range cpc computers and corruption is fixed.

Note:is only fixed ppi not keys to the gx4000.

I've just tested it and it works great in the GX4000 with no corruption  :D

I've remapped all the controls the same as last time.  8)

dragon

Quote from: Phantomz on 18:56, 01 November 15
I've just tested it and it works great in the GX4000 with no corruption  :D

I've remapped all the controls the same as last time.  8)

COLONY

The New Fixed disk and cpr are here now. @remax

Colony is the Cart
Colony Plus is the disk.

O.k the ppi patch is from urusergui :) . He discover a undocumented form to make the games works in asic with less code, but not works in cpc 6128 with ppi normal in theory  :) .

arnoldemu

What is the code for the ppi on plus?

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

dragon

Quote from: arnoldemu on 19:47, 01 November 15
What is the code for the ppi on plus?

it works in arnlodemu without a problem.

ORG &2424
LD BC,&F40E
OUT (C),C
LD BC,&F6C0
OUT (C),C
OUT (C),A
LD BC,&F792
OUT (C),C
NOP
LD B,&F4
IN A,(C)
LD BC,&F782
OUT (C),C
RET

Urusergi

Yeaaaah! :D

I was freaking out with this patch :'(
cause of mode rupture, perfect synchronization is necessary, you can not optimize anything because it is out of sync with the slightest change, even I can not remove the NOP instruction.

therefore I have discovered this trick, thank goodness

remax

Quote from: Phantomz on 19:16, 31 October 15
I haven't uploaded the new version of " Escape From The Planet Of The Robot Monsters " that I posted above to the wiki page yet.

I believe a couple of games from dragon on here need putting / changing on the wiki page, I'm pretty sure he fixed " Dragon's Lair " and also did " Frankie Goes To Hollywood ".

I'll reupdate as soon as i'll have time
Brain Radioactivity

dragon

Phantomz you golden axe is complete?. Who do you made it?. it have more that 176k.

Phantomz

Quote from: remax on 20:37, 02 November 15
I'll reupdate as soon as i'll have time

@remax No need, I had a bit of free time today, so instead of doing another cpr, I thought I'd update the wiki page.  ;)

As of today, everything should be up to date on there, for now anyway.  :)

Now that the Graphics Corruption is fixed on Colony, I've done a poked version too which includes Infinite Shield and Infinite Laser.

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 17:12, 03 November 15
Phantom you golden axe is complete?. Who do you made it?. it have more that 176k.

Yes, the game is complete, I completed it to test it, even has the ending  ;D

Give it a play test to the end, it's got a trainer  ;)

176k that maybe, but it works fine, maybe due to cngsoft compression.  8)

dragon

So,if its compressed how do you change the keys? what a mistery!

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 17:36, 03 November 15
So,if its compressed how do you change the keys? what a mistery!

I'm not sure how or what compression they use, but some games you can find keys to remap and others you can't , just got lucky with that game.

I mean look at the first version of ISS you did, we can find all the keys to remap apart from the space bar to select the plates, but we can't find that due to compression.

dragon

Quote from: Phantomz on 17:41, 03 November 15
I'm not sure how or what compression they use, but some games you can find keys to remap and others you can't , just got lucky with that game.

I mean look at the first version of ISS you did, we can find all the keys to remap apart from the space bar to select the plates, but we can't find that due to compression.

jaja, supreme :).

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 17:45, 03 November 15
jaja, supreme :).

:)

Just find and change these -@P;:/.0ÿ9OILKM,8ÿ7UYHJN 6ÿ5RTGFBV4ÿ3EWSDCX1ÿxQ½  ;)

Not sure if we can change it so player one can use button 2 for Magic.  ???

dragon

I can try look with my patch base.

Even, urusergui can try compress my game but my game have litte corruption. Thats i asked you about it :) .

remax

Quote from: Phantomz on 17:30, 03 November 15
@remax No need, I had a bit of free time today, so instead of doing another cpr, I thought I'd update the wiki page.  ;)

Great job !

But i was talking of the full set ;)
Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

@dragon

I know that " Sergeant Seymour Robotcop " need fixing for the plus, someone asked for the Seymour games and that was the only one I couldn't do.