News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Phantomz

I've done another game, this one is " Secret Agent Sly Spy "

The Trainer is fully working, the level buttons are as follows;

1 = JOY1  FIRE1,  2 = JOY1  UP,  3 = JOY1  LEFT,  4 = JOY1  RIGHT,  5 = JOY1  DOWN,  6 = JOY2  UP,  7 = JOY2  LEFT,  8 = JOY2  RIGHT,  9 - JOY2  DOWN

On the OCEAN SOFTWARE CREATION SCREEN, press the console pause button or any button on joypad 2 to continue.

USE JOYPAD 2 FOR OPTIONS ON MAIN SCREEN

UP        FOR OPTION 1 = DEFINE KEYS
DOWN  FOR OPTION 2 = SELECT JOYSTICK

PUSH DOWN FOR JOYSTICK IF WANT TO USE JOYPAD 1, PAUSE WILL NOT WORK
DEFINE KEYS TO JOYPAD 2 AND PAUSE BUTTON OR BUTTON 2 IF WANT PAUSE TO WORK.

dragon

two mag compression mocked , the magic of the pokes in basic at least in winape/arnold :).

Phantomz

Quote from: zeropolis79 on 09:09, 07 June 15
Would Captain Planet, Paperboy 2, Myth, Back to the Future 2 and Power Drift be unreasonable requests please?

Myth does have a keyboard control for inventory but sure that could be mapped onto Button 2.

Many thanks..

PS - Captain Planet is underrated!

@zeropolis79

I had some free time today so thought I'd check out " Captain Planet And The Planeteers ".

At first I wasn't having much luck as the game doesn't use key numbers (which I'm used too).

I had to figure out the keyboard scanning on this game ( first game I've done alone like this ), for example enter for special power = 3A 02 86 CB 57 this needed to be changed to 3A 09 86 CB 6F, for it to be Joypad 1 Button 2.  ;)

Anyway, I'm happy to say I've got the game all sorted now.

I've remapped the controls and changed the onscreen instructions, just use Joypad 1 Button 2 for Special Power.

The game has a Trainer for Infinite Lives, but I've also included a poked version with Infinite Time.

Captain Planet And The Planeteers

Phantomz

I've just done a new version of " Smash TV ".

dragon already converted this game, but there was no pause option and I wanted to move the quit button, so I've done it all over from stracth.

I've remapped the menu buttons to joypad 1, I've mapped Pause to Joypad 2 Button 1 and Quit to Joypad 2 Button 2.

The main reason I did this game, was that I wanted to make a version with a poke, when I changed the poke address in the cart in didn't work.

I then looked into this game a bit more and found out that it has a in built cheat mode but it has been disabled by the programmer, I changed what I needed to and reactivated it.

During the game, you needed to press the keys simultaneously: SHIFT + G + H + 1 + 0
CHEAT MODE ON or OFF appear on the bottom of the screen.

Now the GX4000 has no keyboard so, I needed to do more work to get the cheat mode working.

I didn't want people to have to press 5 buttons on the joypads to make the cheat mode work and I didn't want it to mess up the controls that I already mapped.

I have now made it so you can turn the cheat mode on and off with 2 buttons really easy.  :D

During Play , simply hold down Button 2 on Joypad 1, then press Button 1 on Joypad 2, this will turn the Cheat Mode On or Off.  8)

Urusergi

I join to the party!  ;D

The game is <<<<< Rick Dangerous 2 >>>>>

The buttons are as follows.

Menu:
Level 1 = JOY1  FIRE1
Level 2 = JOY1  LEFT
Level 3 = JOY1  DOWN
Level 4 = JOY1  RIGHT
Level 5 = JOY1  UP (Level 5 appears with cheat on)
"Hurry up" = JOY2  RIGHT (while the letters jump)
ESCAPE = JOY2 FIRE1
Pause = P

cheat menu:
Yes = y or JOY1 B1
No = n or JOY1 B2

How well are the keys assigned?

dragon

I think is ok a love the mini icons in the menu :)

Gryzor

Man, what an amazing amount of effort... thanks to all of you, guys!

Phantomz

@Dan Hero

I've just converted " Beyond The Ice Palace ".

This is the normal version of the game, I did convert the plus version, everything seems to work ok in the plus version, but it resets at random times, no idea what's wrong, I'll look into it sometime.....  ???

Anyway, here is the normal version of the game, all working and play tested to the end on a real GX4000.  ;)

The game originally had a Trainer with " INVULNERABILITY  Y or N "

I've disabled this as when I died from falling on the jumping part on the first level ( to see what would happen ) it gave me screen corruption which I didn't like.

I've made it so the game will load without the cheat by pressing button 1 or 2 on Joypad 1.

I've included a poked version with INVULNERABILITY and Infinite Summon Spirit.

My INVULNERABILITY poke will not give the screen corruption.  ;)

I can't get any infinite lives pokes to work, so be careful when jumping on the first level.

You can't redefine controls to Joystick or Joypad 1, so if you want fire and summon on the same pad, or jump etc, just select No to Joystick and Redefine Controls to Joypad 2 and the pause Button.

Press the console PAUSE Button or any button on Joypad 2 to get passed the Title and Scroll Screen.

dcdrac

yes thank you all fantastic work, more cartridge games in a few months than were ever released in the first place

Dan Hero

Thank you so much for converting Beyond the ice palace, I'm sooo happy, this really takes me back to the summer of '88!

Gryzor

Man, what a conversion machine are you...

dragon

ffffff. I'am out of memory patching two mag compressed wwf after 2020 lines of poke in basic.

So i out of memory to patch return from two players and for patch pause with cheat up to bypass combat. :picard2: and the letters.

But you can view the final game in a computer in the other dsk pressing pause + up.

if someone can find me free space that is not overwrite during  game load i cant patch the rest.

zeropolis79

Quote from: Dan Hero on 23:31, 13 November 15
Thank you so much for converting Beyond the ice palace, I'm sooo happy, this really takes me back to the summer of '88!

Wish we could make real carts out of this lot..

dragon

New wwf, now is possible return from two players mode.

No pause, and not changed letters in menu return=1 space=2.

Dinorast

Really good work, what you do here,many thanks - I would have a suggestion for the next maybe possible "blast from the past" one: Master of the lamps.  Fantastic arcade style game, would be perfect for the gx4000

Urusergi

Quote from: Dinorast on 19:33, 18 November 15
Really good work, what you do here,many thanks - I would have a suggestion for the next maybe possible "blast from the past" one: Master of the lamps.  Fantastic arcade style game, would be perfect for the gx4000

Very easy!!! ;D

EDIT: Redo: ESC key redirect to P

zeropolis79

Got me buying a replacement C4 to replace the one I had to sell to raise funds..

Urusergi

Another one!

<<<<< AFTER THE WAR >>>>>

The buttons are as follows:

Cheat menu -> JOY1 UP or y = YES
Cheat menu -> JOY1 DOWN or n = NO
Level 1 -> JOY1  DOWN
Level 2 -> JOY1  UP
Intro -> JOY1  RIGHT

Ingame:
Shoot & hit -> JOY1 B1
Crouch & kick -> JOY1 B2
RESET -> JOY2 B1
Pause = P

iddod

Quote from: zeropolis79 on 18:35, 16 November 15
Wish we could make real carts out of this lot..

you do realise that you can right?
just take ANY gx4000 cart, open it up, desolder the big chip from the pcb, this is an eprom and can be erased and rewritten... just erase it, reprogram it with your game of choice (after removing the header data), solder it back onto the pcb, print a new label and there you go... (google is your friend if you want to look further into the whole eprom erasing and programming thing)
i have a rick dangerous cart i made thanks to the efforts of those peeps on here who are modifying the code of all these games to make em fully functional on the gx4000
:-*
bobbi iddod
poppi iqqoq

dodogildo

Quote from: iddod on 21:37, 22 November 15
i have a rick dangerous cart i made thanks to the efforts of those peeps on here who are modifying the code of all these games to make em fully functional on the gx4000
:-*

Rick Dangerous cart?  Very cool.
M'enfin!

dcdrac

I am imagining a box with chips in with every single Amstrad game going that you plug into the disk drive slot and have instant access.

Urusergi

I've done another game in a record time  8)

This time it's <<<<< Sergeant Seymour Robotcop >>>>>

with trainer and keyboard fix for pluses & gx4000

Pause = P
RESET -> JOY2 B1 (It works only pressing pause previously)

Phantomz

Quote from: Urusergi on 22:45, 23 November 15
I've done another game in a record time  8)

This time it's <<<<< Sergeant Seymour Robotcop >>>>>

with trainer and keyboard fix for pluses & gx4000

Pause = P
RESET -> JOY2 B1 (It works only pressing pause previously)

Nice one, that's the Seymour set done now then  :) I couldn't do that one because of the plus keyboard compatibility issue.  ::)

It's nice to see other's doing conversions, I'll try and do more when I've got some free time again, just really busy this time of the year.

I did a new version of Paperboy sometime ago, dragon already did this game, but it had no trainer and you needed to select Joystick before you started.

This version has a Trainer and you can use the joypad / joystick straight away, just press the console button to start game.  8)

MENU

BUTTON 1 = KEYBOARD                           
BUTTON 2 = JOYSTICK      
UP = REDEFINE KEYS
DOWN = DEMONSTRATION
CONSOLE BUTTON = START GAME   

BUTTON 2 TO PAUSE
CONSOLE BUTTON  TO QUIT

CONSOLE BUTTON TO PASS HIGHSCORE TABLE

remax

Quote from: Phantomz on 19:33, 24 November 15
I've noticed that the GX4000 game page is falling behind now, the last few games haven't be added.

Until half of next week i have too much work to update myself...

Moreover, i have great difficulties to follow what is WIP and what is ready to be uploaded...

If someone could at least do a list of all the game needing an upload, it would be great !
Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

Quote from: remax on 22:33, 24 November 15

Until half of next week i have too much work to update myself...

No worries, I know what it's like  ???

Like I said I haven't got much free time at the moment, I have done another game though, I know it's not great, but I used to play it a lot as a kid for some reason  ??? so I've converted it.

The game is " 720 Degrees " I haven't mapped the Music On / Off button because it only plays for a short while so didn't seem worth it, I can do it if it's wanted.  ;)

I've also got around to fixing the QUIT Y/N option in " Batman The Caped Crusader8)

I couldn't do it when I first converted the game as the game doesn't use key numbers, It uses keyboard scanning.

I'm happy to say I've now got it sorted, I've changed the onscreen Quit prompt too.   ;)