News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

iddod

Quote from: dcdrac on 22:58, 22 November 15
I am imagining a box with chips in with every single Amstrad game going that you plug into the disk drive slot and have instant access.

that was exactly the case until i got my C4CPC... and now i have a box with a lot of blank eproms in it  ;D
(though i kept the rick dangerous as a dedicated cart)
bobbi iddod
poppi iqqoq

Urusergi

Another game!
This time is my first purchase, when i was young  :P

<<<<< MagMax >>>>>

- Compressed with Exomizer v2.
- With trainer
- Cheat menu -> JOY1 UP or y = YES
- Cheat menu -> JOY1 DOWN or n = NO
- Pause = P
- RESET -> JOY2 B1

Phantomz

Ok, I've done another game.

This one is " Star Sabre " shame there is no music, but we can only run the 64k version on the GX4000  :(

remax

Quote from: Phantomz on 20:03, 27 November 15
Ok, I've done another game.

This one is " Star Sabre " shame there is no music, but we can only run the 64k version on the GX4000  :(

I've removed the game as unsure if it is available as a free download like Sub Hunter?  It's shown on CPC Power as PD.

The Demo version is available here.

Send a PM to Axelay, but i'm quite sure it's freeware...
Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

Quote from: remax on 19:28, 29 November 15

Send a PM to Axelay, but i'm quite sure it's freeware...

He is a member here then?

If so, I'll pm him  :)

remax

Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

I had some free time this weekend, so I've been hard at work bringing you all another game.

I hasn't been easy as I'm still getting used to doing keyboard scanning games.  ;)

This time I bring you the original " Barbarian ".

The game is only 1 Player at the moment, I will try and make it 2 Player at a later date if I can.

I've made two versions, this is because whilst it is one player it is easier to have the options on the main joypad.

If I get player two sorted at a later date, space is required to attack for joypad 2, so this will need mapping to button 1 on joypad 2.

This is why I've made two versions, v2 is ready for the controls to be mapped for up down left and right as the attack (space) is already mapped. ;)

Using v2 helps if you want to use a joystick in one player mode to as you can still select mode 1 and start the game with the second pad. ;)

Instructions

v1 = Use Joypad 1 for Options

Button 1 to Start Game
Button 2 to Change Mode ( Select Mode 1 for one Player )

Pause / Unpasue with Console Button

Joypad 2 Button 2 to Turn Music On / Off

v2 = Use Jopad 2 for Options

Button 1 to Start Game
Button 2 to Change Mode ( Select Mode 1 for one Player ).

Pause / Unpasue with Console Button

Joypad 1 Button 2 to Turn Music On / Off

So, I still need to remap joypad 2 controls and maybe the quit button.

I couldn't find where quit is at the moment, but I don't think we have any buttons free for it anyway.

@dragon  ;)

Maybe someone could help remap up down left and right in v2 to joypad 2, fire button's already done  :D

Only Part 1 - Forest and Part 2 - Plain need doing as they are the only parts with mode 3 = 2 Player

I'm close to sorting it out, just someone that can use the winape debugger might be able to do these four buttons and then we can play 2 players.  ;)

I'm pretty sure the following contains Player 2 controls, this is in the cart twice, first being part 1, the second being part 2.  ;)

3A C4 82 0E 00 E6 28 FE 28 28 0C CB 5F 28 02 CB C1 CB 6F 28 02 CB C9 3A C1 82 E6 30 FE 30 28 0C CB 67 28 02 CB D1 CB 6F 28 02 CB D9

5F and 6F and Q and A, 67 and 6F are H and J

I swopped 5F and 6F around and the controls were reversed, the same with 67 and 6F

I know if I change 3A C4 to 3A C2 it will change Q to T and A to F, the controls are in this area.

Anyway, I need a break for now, but I'm happy to say we now have Barbarian to play on our GX4000

Urusergi

:D Ladies and gentlemen, with all of you...
<<<<< FROGGER >>>>>

- Infinite lives & time (Joy1 Up / Joy1 Down - Yes / No)
- Insert Coins : P
- One player : Joy1 B1
- Two players : Joy 1 B2

Gryzor

And they keep coming... great job guys!

mamemeister

As a recent recipient of the wonderful C4CPC may I personally thank everyone who goes to all the effort of converting all these games. You are all appreciated.

Urusergi

Quote from: Phantomz on 21:57, 29 November 15
Maybe someone could help remap up down left and right in v2 to joypad 2, fire button's already done  :D

Only Part 1 - Forest and Part 2 - Plain need doing as they are the only parts with mode 3 = 2 Player

Done!!  ;D

737A   LD A,(&82C2)                 ;A=6º byte in keyboard Buffer
737F   AND &03
7381   CP &03                       ;Up & down not allowed at the same time
7385   BIT 0,A                      ;Test bit 0 = Joy2 Up
738B   BIT 1,A                      ;Test bit 1 = Joy2 Down
7391   LD A,(&82C2)
7394   AND &0C
7396   CP &0C                       ;Left & Right not allowed at the same time
739A   BIT 2,A                      ;Test bit 2 = Joy2 Left
73A0   BIT 3,A                      ;Test bit 3 = Joy2 Right

3A,C2,82,0E,00,E6,03,FE,03,28,0C,CB,47,28,02,CB,C1,CB,4F,28,02,CB,C9,3A,C2,82,E6,0C,FE,0C,28,0C,CB,57,28,02
CB,D1,CB,5F,28,02,CB,D9

Phantomz

Quote from: Urusergi on 16:12, 30 November 15
Done!!  ;D

737A   LD A,(&82C2)                 ;A=6º byte in keyboard Buffer
737F   AND &03
7381   CP &03                       ;Up & down not allowed at the same time
7385   BIT 0,A                      ;Test bit 0 = Joy2 Up
738B   BIT 1,A                      ;Test bit 1 = Joy2 Down
7391   LD A,(&82C2)
7394   AND &0C
7396   CP &0C                       ;Left & Right not allowed at the same time
739A   BIT 2,A                      ;Test bit 2 = Joy2 Left
73A0   BIT 3,A                      ;Test bit 3 = Joy2 Right

3A,C2,82,0E,00,E6,03,FE,03,28,0C,CB,47,28,02,CB,C1,CB,4F,28,02,CB,C9,3A,C2,82,E6,0C,FE,0C,28,0C,CB,57,28,02
CB,D1,CB,5F,28,02,CB,D9

Thanks for the help @Urusergi  :D

Like I said, I'm still getting used to these keyboard scanning games, at least I found the right area  :D

I've just finished sorting out the controls so people can play two players in parts 1 and 2.

I've also searched for the keyboard controls for parts 3 and 4 and changed those, so now mode 2 uses Joypad 2 instead of Keyboard, I did this incase someone started a game in Mode 2 as they wouldn't be able to play the game without turning the console off and loading the game back up, there are no available buttons to remap the quit button.

I've changed it so it shows "JOY1 1" instead of Mode 1, "JOY2 1" instead of Mode 2 and "2 PLAY" instead of Mode 3, to make it less confusing for people, I hope this helps.  :D

Instructions
Change Mode / Option with Joypad 2 Button 2
Start Game with Joypad 2 Button 1

Pause / Unpause with Console Pause Button.

Turn Music On / Off during Fighting with Joypad 1 Button 2

Puresox

All these conversion's are a great help to getting the CPC much better known , seeing as there are many collectors out there who steer clear of the Amstrad on the whole, but the fascination with the GX4000 and the high price of the games has brought a lot of interest so good way of introducing new fans to CPC stuff

Phantomz

@Urusergi

Can you unpack CNGSoft games?  If so, is there any chance you could do " Operation Wolf "

dragon and I have tried to do this game in the past but we haven't been able to find a copy that we could work with, uncompressed versions that we could remap the keys in won't work with nocart due to how the game loads.

The CNGsoft and the NICH version work with Nocart, but we can't remap the controls due to compression.

The game only needs the 2 Menu Buttons remapping to the Joypad Buttons and ESC for Pause to the Console Button, unless you want to remap the Joypad and both buttons as default controls too.  :D

The following might help if you can unpack the game, I would think it would be the same.

menu key.
--------------
go to 1fda: changue The LD A(#3ffe) to 3fff

1fed->changue the and x to and 10.
1fe3->change the and x to and 20

esc key ingame to pause in gx4000.
----------------------------------------------
2221->Chngue the ld A,(#3fxx) to 3ff9

2224->changue and X to and 08

It would be good to have this game on the GX4000 too.  :D

Also if the CNGsoft games can be unpacked, it would be Great if the " Gauntlet " games are able to be done as these are great games for the CPC. :D

dcdrac

remax

Quote from: Urusergi on 19:40, 09 November 15
I join to the party!  ;D

The game is <<<<< Rick Dangerous 2 >>>>>

The buttons are as follows.

Menu:
Level 1 = JOY1  FIRE1
Level 2 = JOY1  LEFT
Level 3 = JOY1  DOWN
Level 4 = JOY1  RIGHT
Level 5 = JOY1  UP (Level 5 appears with cheat on)
"Hurry up" = JOY2  RIGHT (while the letters jump)
ESCAPE = JOY2 FIRE1
Pause = P

cheat menu:
Yes = y or JOY1 B1
No = n or JOY1 B2

How well are the keys assigned?

I'm uploading the games. This one is not .cpr converted. Is it finished or a WIP ?
Brain Radioactivity

Urusergi

Quote from: remax on 21:03, 30 November 15
I'm uploading the games. This one is not .cpr converted. Is it finished or a WIP ?

Yes, it's my first game and I didn't know how

Here you are

Phantomz

I've just redone the Menu on " Barbarian "

I've changed it to show which parts are 1 and 2 players.

Executioner

Quote from: Phantomz on 17:08, 30 November 15
Like I said, I'm still getting used to these keyboard scanning games, at least I found the right area  :D

With the new version of WinAPE you can set a keyboard read breakpoint, that should help you find the keyboard scanning routines.

Phantomz

Quote from: Executioner on 21:53, 30 November 15
With the new version of WinAPE you can set a keyboard read breakpoint, that should help you find the keyboard scanning routines.

I'll check it out, but I've never got my head around the debugger, believe it or not I do most of my work outside of an emulator, I just use the emulator to test my changes  ;)

Urusergi

Quote from: Phantomz on 20:26, 30 November 15
@Urusergi

Can you unpack CNGSoft games?  If so, is there any chance you could do " Operation Wolf "

Yes, of course, but normally this is not necessary. It's the case of Rick Dangerous 2 for example, I haven't unpacked to apply the patch, you just have to wait for decompresion and patch the final jump.

Ok, I will do Operation Wolf  ;)

Quote from: dcdrac on 20:27, 30 November 15
Request

Can we have a CPR of this?

labyrinth &copy bollaware (19??)

It's posible but will only work with 6128+

remax

Quote from: Urusergi on 22:20, 29 November 15
:D Ladies and gentlemen, with all of you...
<<<<< FROGGER >>>>>

- Infinite lives & time (Joy1 Up / Joy1 Down - Yes / No)
- Insert Coins : P
- One player : Joy1 B1
- Two players : Joy 1 B2

WOW!!! Didn't know this game... How could I, it's brillant!

Someone knows what are the exclusive CPC+ Features ? Palette ?
Brain Radioactivity

remax

Everything updated, including Full set !
Brain Radioactivity

Executioner

Quote from: remax on 22:17, 30 November 15
Someone knows what are the exclusive CPC+ Features ? Palette ?

It uses most of the CPC Plus features. DMA Sound, Hardware scrolling, sprites, palette, raster interrupts, and it doesn't run on a standard CPC.

remax

Quote from: Executioner on 22:29, 30 November 15
It uses most of the CPC Plus features. DMA Sound, Hardware scrolling, sprites, palette, raster interrupts, and it doesn't run on a standard CPC.

Ok!  ;)
Brain Radioactivity