News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil79

The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

Urusergi

Quote from: Dinorast on 19:51, 14 December 15
Would be Monty on the Run and Tempest also be possible ?
... and second  8)

<<<<< Tempest >>>>>

- Cheat mode (Joy1 up = YES & Joy1 down = NO)
- Super Zapper = Joy1 B2
- Fire plasma =Joy1 B1
- Move Zapper clockwise = Joy1 Right
- Move Zapper anticlockwise = Joy1 Left
- P = Pause
- Abort game = Joy2 B1

In "Press enter to start" screen:
- Q -> Joy1 left (level up)
- A -> Joy1 right (level down)
- 2 -> Joy1 down (select two players game)

Phantomz

I had a few minutes before dinner :D so here is Tombstowne

Pause / Unpause remapped to Joypad Button 2, Console Pause Button is now the Quit Button.

Neil79

The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

Phantomz

Quote from: Neil79 on 17:55, 20 December 15
Massive respect! THANK YOU

You're welcome  :D

I'm working on " Thanatos " now, hopefully I'll have it uploaded soon.  ;)

Neil79

Quote from: Phantomz on 18:37, 20 December 15
You're welcome  :D

I'm working on " Thanatos " now, hopefully I'll have it uploaded soon.  ;)

I just spent the last two hours trying to get my Mini SD to work, I thought it was dead :(

Turned out it was the multi usb reader that was broken, so got a cheap new one

Phantomz

Quote from: Neil79 on 18:38, 20 December 15

I just spent the last two hours trying to get my Mini SD to work, I thought it was dead :(

Turned out it was the multi usb reader that was broken, so got a cheap new one

Hope you've got it sorted now.  :)

Thanatos " I've changed the onscreen display where I can so you know what to press.  ;)

You need to go into alter playing keys and select joystick before you start.

To alter skill 1 to 8, use the following: Pad 1 = Up 1, Left 2, Right 3, Down 4,  Pad 2 = Up 5, Left 6, Right 7, Down 8.

Pause / Unpasue with Console Pause Button.

Highscore table is bypassed with Joypad 1 Fire Button 1, onscreen prompt changed too.

It's available below.  8)

Neil79

remax

There is a massive overhaul of the wiki page pending...

It's now far too heavy, barely editable (very slow) and barely readable...

Might have to split by letters.
Brain Radioactivity

Neil79

If anyone gets the time, please add " Friday The 13th "

I want to hear those screams :D

Urusergi

Quote from: Neil79 on 01:56, 21 December 15
If anyone gets the time, please add " Friday The 13th "

I want to hear those screams :D

Ok! it was very easy

<<<<< Friday The 13th >>>>>

Quit button remapped to "P" button

Phantomz

Quote from: Urusergi on 16:48, 21 December 15
Ok! it was very easy

<<<<< Friday The 13th >>>>>

Quit button remapped to "P" button

Nice and easy  ;)

dragon

dodogildo

Folks, the cover image to this thread is somehow showing as this disturbing Zelda game poster while browsing via Tapatalk. Disturbing not just because it's got nothing to do with Amstrad but also because it's the weakest and lamest game of an otherwise great franchise. :)  :)  :)
Could pls someone at least upload a pic of Santa :)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

M'enfin!

dragon

Quote from: dodogildo on 19:49, 24 December 15
Folks, the cover image to this thread is somehow showing as this disturbing Zelda game poster while browsing via Tapatalk. Disturbing not just because it's got nothing to do with Amstrad but also because it's the weakest and lamest game of an otherwise great franchise. :)  :)  :)
Could pls someone at least upload a pic of Santa :)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I not know who is the administrator put it, i not have tapatalk, but from the description maybe is the picture i post pages ago. Its only a joke related with the triforce. The characters have the three colours you can see in the plate of old cpc models. And tri-force means i, urusergui, and phantomz :).

dodogildo

Haha I think Tapatalk shows the latest pic uploaded. Plz someone post some other picture. Anything :)

Allright, I'll do it:

M'enfin!

Gryzor

Quote from: Phantomz on 18:04, 16 December 15
Maybe make it a sticky or pin it (whatever it's called) in the Games Section, like the " Converting a game to ROM - and LOTS of ROM files inside! " for example.  :)

Indeed, this thread deserved to be stickied, so I just did it :)

Gryzor

Quote from: remax on 00:05, 21 December 15
There is a massive overhaul of the wiki page pending...

It's now far too heavy, barely editable (very slow) and barely readable...

Might have to split by letters.

Actually for me it loads and gets edited very fast, almost as fast as any page (hitting Edit takes a bit longer, but far from being unusable)...

zeropolis79

Brought a new C4CPC then had to sell it straight away as funds were needed.. Guilt over it.

Dan Hero

Thank you for all the awesome new stuff, at last we have even the impossible Op Wolf, I'm sooooo happy  :D

Any chance for Savage? It has 3 different stages with multiload, but 2nd and 3rd need a password, if I recall well.

Maybe a cracked version where you can input anything to let the stage start? Uhm, puzzling...

Phantomz

I hope you all had a great Xmas  :D

Here are another couple of games, the first one is " Equinox ".

Use Joypad 2 and the console Pause Button for the Menu options.

I haven't had much free time so couldn't find pause to remap, just redefine controls to Joypad 2 and pause if you want pause to work.  ;)

The second game is a Defender clone called " Guardian II - Revenge Of The Mutants "

Press 1 or 2 on Joypad 1 to start a 1 or 2 Player game.

Use Joypad 1 Button 2 for Smart Bombs
Use Joypad 2 Button 1 for Hyperspace
Use Joypad 2 Button 2 for Energy Cloak

I hope you all enjoy the rest of the holiday.  ;D

dragon

An spanish  anecdote about gx4000.

In the 30-05-2008. Tve1 broadcast a program called "la lista" (the list).

The mecahic was simply. The presenter select a theme, and then the  contestants  made a list of these theme, if they fail they fired from program.

These day the presenter select  manufacturer of game consoles theme.

The contestantas made the list in turns, sega, nintendo, etc etc..

And then a couple said "Amstrad" .(they know the gx4000).

Presenter say. Oh sorry, amstrad not is a manufacturer of game consoles, is a manufactures of microcomoputers.

And then the couple was fired from the program.
:D.

dcdrac

Quote from: Dan Hero on 15:58, 28 December 15
Thank you for all the awesome new stuff, at last we have even the impossible Op Wolf, I'm sooooo happy  :D

Any chance for Savage? It has 3 different stages with multiload, but 2nd and 3rd need a password, if I recall well.

Maybe a cracked version where you can input anything to let the stage start? Uhm, puzzling...

I would love to see Savage working

Phantomz

Quote from: Dan Hero on 15:58, 28 December 15

I had a little bit of free time, so had a look at it, I can't unpack cngsoft games, so used a version I could work with.

The boot menu is compressed so I can't change the text, just press 1 for part 1, 2 for part 2 and the console pause button for part 3.

I've changed all onscreen prompts so you know what to press.

To abort game, just press button 2 on joypad 2.

For Part 1, I've remapped joystick up to button two for jump instead.

I haven't had time to find pause again yet ??? This will need remapping to Joypad 2 Button 1 for all 3 games.

With regards to the codes, I haven't had time to try and find and change these, all they do is give you three lives instead of one, I've mapped the console pause button to the enter code button incase we find these codes or you use a plus machine.

This version I worked with gives 255 lives to start with in part 1 instead of of just 3, I'm not sure how to fix this at the moment.

I've also included a poked version, which gives infinite lives in all 3 parts.

Quote from: dcdrac on 15:21, 29 December 15
I would love to see Savage working

"Savage "

There is a new version in my next post.

Urusergi

Quote from: Phantomz on 23:41, 29 December 15With regards to the codes, I haven't had time to try and find and change these, all they do is give you three lives instead of one, I've mapped the console pause button to the enter code button incase we find these codes or you use a plus machine.

Part 2 with initial three lives:
search FC 01 01 04 00 C5 and replaced with FC 03 01 04 00 C5