News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Phantomz

Quote from: Urusergi on 01:41, 30 December 15
Part 2 with initial three lives:
search FC 01 01 04 00 C5 and replaced with FC 03 01 04 00 C5

Thanks for that, I decided to leave it in practice mode with one life like normal unless you enter the code for the full 3 lives.

I have now changed both the codes from  * Code Phase 2 SABATTA to PPPPPPP and * Code Phase 3 FERGUS to PPPPPP, so they can now be entered with the console pause button or P on a plus keyboard.

I have changed all onscreen text to state the above.  8)

I can't find H to pause for all 3 parts at the moment, these need to be remapped to joypad 2 button 1.

I've changed jump from button two back to up on the joystick for now.

New version of " Savage "

dcdrac

Quote from: Phantomz on 04:49, 30 December 15
Thanks for that, I decided to leave it in practice mode with one life like normal unless you enter the code for the full 3 lives.

I have now changed both the codes from  * Code Phase 2 SABATTA to PPPPPPP and * Code Phase 3 FERGUS to PPPPPP, so they can now be entered with the console pause button or P on a plus keyboard.

I have changed all onscreen text to state the above.  8)

I can't find H to pause for all 3 parts at the moment, these need to be remapped to joypad 2 button 1.

I've changed jump from button two back to up on the joystick for now.

New version of " Savage " here...

Thank you thank you two of my fave games on a Plus cart Thanatos and Savage

Urusergi

Quote from: Phantomz on 04:49, 30 December 15I can't find H to pause for all 3 parts at the moment, these need to be remapped to joypad 2 button 1.

Part 1:
search 04 07 ED F7 10 and replace with 04 07 EE F7 10

Part 2:
search 04 07 BB F7 10 and replace with 04 07 BC F7 10

Part 3:
search 04 07 B6 DE 10 and replace with 04 07 B7 DE 10

Phantomz

Quote from: Urusergi on 15:15, 31 December 15
Part 1:
search 04 07 ED F7 10 and replace with 04 07 EE F7 10

Part 2:
search 04 07 BB F7 10 and replace with 04 07 BC F7 10

Part 3:
search 04 07 B6 DE 10 and replace with 04 07 B7 DE 10

Thanks for that Urusergi  :D

Urusergi

Quote from: Phantomz on 15:40, 31 December 15
I can't change the text from J or K to 1 or 2 as it just comes up blank, maybe no numbers in font?
&38 = "1"
&39 = "2"

Quote from: Phantomz on 15:40, 31 December 15For Part 3, it's Joypad 1 Button 1 for Keyboard, or Joypad 1 button 2 for Joystick, this is stated onscreen.
Best if you can swap both options, no?

dragon

Quote from: Phantomz on 15:40, 31 December 15
Thanks for that Urusergi  :D

I've been busy trying to make us a better version, I need some help bypass the cracktro at the start.  :doh:

This version has a level select option which includes the game intro, the text is compressed so I can't change it, but it all works.

Press UP for 1, LEFT for 2, RIGHT for 3 and DOWN for the Intro.

All 3 parts have a Trainer in this version, I've translated all the text to English and remapped the options to button 1 and 2, these all work fine.

For Parts 1 and 2, Press Joypad 1 Button 1 for Joystick, Joypad 1 Button 2 for Keyboard, I can't change the text from J or K to 1 or 2 as it just comes up blank, maybe no numbers in font?

For Part 3, it's Joypad 1 Button 1 for Keyboard, or Joypad 1 button 2 for Joystick, this is stated onscreen.

All 3 parts use, Joypad 2 Button 1 for Pause, and Joypad 2 Button 2 to Abort / Quit.

In Part 2 and Part 3, you can press the console pause button or P on a keyboard to enter the code that allows the game to change from practice mode ( 1 life ) to normal mode ( 3 lives ) by pressing the console pause button or P several times.

This version will not work on the GX4000 until the cracktro can be bypassed.

Now my computer is busy uploading a file to urusegui, but i can take a look when it finish.

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 16:15, 31 December 15
Now my computer is busy uploading a file to urusegui, but i can take a look when it finish.

Nice one  ;D

Phantomz

Quote from: Urusergi on 16:02, 31 December 15
&38 = "1"
&39 = "2"
Best if you can swap both options, no?

I've got it sorted, it was easy to swop the options around and remap the keys, did that for both parts 1 and 2, I left part 3 as didn't want to mess about with the text string incase I messed it up.

I have now got it for 1 for Joystick and 2 for Keyboard the same as the first two parts, I've also got the displayed text correct too.  8)

dragon

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 20:11, 31 December 15
can you upload the dsk? is better to work with encryptions.

;D

dragon

Quote from: Phantomz on 20:22, 31 December 15
Sure  :)

This is the disk as it comes with no changes as I always do my work ( changes ) after I've converted to cpr, it's easier and quicker for me to test stuff.  ;)

well, urusergi have it done, so i not have to work :). only wait until he released it.

Urusergi

@Phantomz

I have to recompress the crackto so I need the new keys and names for:
1 ==> LEVEL     1
2 ==> LEVEL     2
3 ==> LEVEL     3
4 ==> INTRO JEU

for example?
B1 => LEVEL     1
B2 => LEVEL     2
UP => LEVEL     3
LF => INTRO JEU

Phantomz

Quote from: Urusergi on 21:08, 31 December 15
@Phantomz

I have to recompress the crackto so I need the new keys for:
1 ==> LEVEL     1
2 ==> LEVEL     2
3 ==> LEVEL     3
4 ==> INTRO JEU

Because it was compressed I did a firmware hack, changed, joystick to numbers, 0B to 31, 08 to 32, 09 to 33, 0A to 34.  ;D

I also changed 58 to 31 and 5A to 32 to do the Trainer, I can easily change this back and change 31 or 32 to 58 or 5A as the Trainers are not compressed.

Are you working with the original disk or the cart ?

If it's not a easy fix, just get it so Fire Button gets passed that cracktro and I'll start over if need too.

Urusergi

Quote from: Phantomz on 21:13, 31 December 15
Because it was compressed I did a firmware hack, changed, joystick to numbers, 0B to 31, 08 to 32, 09 to 33, 0A to 34.  ;D

Are you working with the original disk or the cart ?

If it's not a easy fix, just get it so Fire Button gets passed that cracktro and I'll start over if need too.

I'm working with .dsk, it's the only way with compressions & encryptions.

Ok, I will rebuild savage.bas with Fire Button for the first screen of the crackto and you handle the rest with your magic  :)

Phantomz

Quote from: Urusergi on 21:28, 31 December 15
I'm working with .dsk, it's the only way with compressions & encryptions.

Ok, I will rebuild savage.bas with Fire Button for the first screen of the crackto and you handle the rest with your magic  :)

Ok no problem, will take a little time to redo it, but will be worth it.  :D

Urusergi

Quote from: Phantomz on 21:33, 31 December 15
Ok no problem, will take a little time to redo it, but will be worth it.  :D

Well, It's done. The crackto is completely bypassed

EDIT: Try this code in Trantor:
Search 30 F7 C6 41 77 23
Replace 30 F7 3E 50 77 23

Phantomz

Quote from: Urusergi on 01:26, 01 January 16
Well, It's done. The crackto is completely bypassed

Thanks for that.  ;)  It gave me a lot more work to do but it was worth it.  :D

Here is " Savage "

This version has a level select option which includes the game intro.

Press UP for 1, LEFT for 2, RIGHT for 3 and DOWN for the Intro.

All 3 parts have a Trainer in this version, I've translated all the text to English and remapped the options to button 1 and 2, these all work fine.

For all three parts it's Joypad 1 Button 1 for Joystick and Joypad 1 Button 2 for Keyboard, this is stated onscreen.

All three parts use Joypad 2 Button 1 for Pause and Joypad 2 Button 2 to Abort.

In Part 2 and Part 3, you can press the console pause button or P on a keyboard to enter the code that allows the game to change from practice mode ( 1 life ) to normal mode ( 3 lives )
by pressing the console pause button or P several times.

Here is " Trantor The Last Stormtrooper " a game which I looked at before but didn't think would be possible due to having to input codes etc.

You can input anything for a password so keep pressing the pause button, this doesn't make the game any easier as you still need to deactivate all the terminals.  ;)

Once you have done that you will need to use the TRANSPORTER ACTIVATION BEAMCODE, this is PPP, so just press the console button 3 times.

Press the Console Pause Button or any button on Joypad 2 to skip intro and probe software screen.

The menu buttons have been remapped, use joypad 2 button 1 to pause and joypad 2 button 2 to quit.

If you can't move when you get " Stormtrooper you've looked here before " just press the console pause button or wait like 10 seconds.

I've included a poked version which gives Unlimited Energy, Unlimited Fuel, Unlimited Time and Invulnerability to blue monsters on level 4.

SMALL UPDATE, the poked version also gives Infinite time to disarm the bomb now.

I hope you enjoy them, Happy New Year.  8)

Dan Hero

Phantomz

Quote from: Dan Hero on 10:27, 01 January 16
you guys are awesome, this is great!

Thank You.  :D

dragon

Phantomz

dragon

Quote from: Phantomz on 04:16, 02 January 16
Don't forget Pause / Unpause 3A 01 04 CB 67 x4 and Abort 3A 04 04 CB 57   ;)

:D

Manual forget pause and abort  not me! wtf

P=pause
pad 2 1 =esc.

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 10:51, 02 January 16
Manual forget pause and abort  not me! wtf

P=pause
pad 2 1 =esc.

It should have said it the manual, I find a few games don't and I have to try and find if the game has a pause key.  :doh:

Don't think I was moaning, I was just trying to help, I found what needed to be changed but thought I'd leave it to you.  :)

dragon

Quote from: Phantomz on 13:51, 02 January 16
It should have said it the manual, I find a few games don't and I have to try and find if the game has a pause key.  :doh:

Don't think I was moaning, I was just trying to help, I found what needed to be changed but thought I'd leave it to you.  :)

Oh not worry, you can help everything you want.

Who is the designer of the manual?, a bonfire!.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv6QjnEmRK0

;D ;D ;D ;D jajaja.

Phantomz

I've done a new version of " Dan Dare III - The Escape ".

This was one of the first lot of games I did, where we was looking for games that could be started with the fire button only.

Because of this the menu keys wasn't remapped, and you couldn't pause or quit etc.

Now I've got a bit of experience remapping keys  8) I thought I'd see if I could find them in this game and get it sorted.

I did this as when I tried the game out the other day, I found out that you need to press numbers 1 to 6 in the game shop, there was no mention of this in the game manual.  :doh:

Anyway, I've changed the game menu around so it's, 1 for Joystick, 2 for Keyboard now, I've changed all the menu text too.

Pause with Joypad 2 Button 1, Quit with Joypad 2 Button 2.

For the ingame shop options, Use Joypad 2, I've changed it from 1 2 3 4 5 6 , to 1 2 U L R D, so just use the two buttons and Dpad on Joypad 2.  ;)

I also included a poked version with infinite lives, infinite energy, infinite jetpack etc  :D