News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Phantomz

Here is another western game where you need to be a quick draw.  ;)

This one is " West Bank ".

I've made it default to Joystick, so just press Joypad 1 Button 1 to begin.

Use Joypad 2 Dpad to use menu options, like changing level etc.

Use Joypad 2 Button 1 to Pause, Use Joypad 2 Button 2 to Turn Music On / Off

I've included a poked version with infinite lives.  :D

Phantomz

I've done a new version of " Chase HQ 8)

dragon already converted this game, so I've also included his as some people might prefer the original controls.

I did this because you can't redefine keys to the joystick, and I'd much prefer to use the buttons to Accelerate and Brake, than to have to hold up on the Dpad.

I've changed Accelerate and Brake to Buttons 1 and 2, I've changed Gear to Up and Turbo to Down.

I've left the Console Pause Button Pause, I haven't mapped the quit button to Joypad 2 in case you want to redefine to that Joypad.

You might be thinking why change the joystick controls if you could just redefine the controls to Joypad 2 with Accelerate and Brake etc.

I did realise this, but I wanted the controls how I'd prefer them on Joypad 1 as default, but also because I'm SHOCKED at having to redefine to Joypad 2 everytime.  ;)

If you redefine the buttons the same as Joypad 1 to Joypad 2, you might be SHOCKED.  ;D

REDEFINE TO JOYPAD 2 = UP, 1, 2, LEFT, RIGHT, PAUSE, DOWN ( 6 G F R T P 5 )

Now play the game with Joypad 2, Joypad 1 Up = 1 Life, Left = Restart Level, Right = Next Level, Down = Congratulation

Don't forget, Gear is UP in my version, so press that to Start.   ;)

I've also changed the Trainer at the start, so Fire Button 1 is now level 1 as I prefer it like that. ;)

Dinorast

Absolutly fabulous, that this topic is not drying out !!! Thanks again !!! Loderunner is one of the best versions to be found on the amstrad-any chance of this being converted ?

Phantomz

Quote from: Dinorast on 10:46, 05 January 16
Absolutly fabulous, that this topic is not drying out !!! Thanks again !!! Loderunner is one of the best versions to be found on the amstrad-any chance of this being converted ?

It's not as busy as it once was.

Here is " Loderunner " Don't think the editor would work in cart format so haven't looked at remapping buttons for it like esc etc.

You can now press the fire button to get passed the title screen.

I can't find a pause button, not sure if it has one, P did nothing, I've remapped Esc to P now for Quit, so use th console button to quit.

chinnyhill10

Anyone noticed that with the hacked version of Feud, if you select infinite spells, the enemy wizard also gets infinite spells. So if you keep on hurling fireballs at him, he keeps casting endless heal spells!

ChinnyVision on Twitter: "Playing Feud with infinite spells. But it gives other

A quick Vine. Ended up having to freeze him and then zap him. Even with infinite fireballs it was the only way I could do it.  :D
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Phantomz

Quote from: chinnyhill10 on 22:43, 05 January 16
Anyone noticed that with the hacked version of Feud, if you select infinite spells, the enemy wizard also gets infinite spells. So if you keep on hurling fireballs at him, he keeps casting endless heal spells!

ChinnyVision on Twitter: "Playing Feud with infinite spells. But it gives other

A quick Vine. Ended up having to freeze him and then zap him. Even with infinite fireballs it was the only way I could do it.  :D

:laugh: Thanks for letting us know, not sure if anything can be done about it as it was a crude hack of FEUD to get the pokes to work with the game on disk.

Quote from: SuTeKH/Epyteor on 10:30, 17 May 15
Here's a crude hack of FEUD with your cheats bolted on. To get it to work (properly), then the POKEs listing needs reprogramming... but, as it is, it nearly works! (NOTE: no STE title screen!)

Type RUN"FEUDPOKE" to test game with cheat options.

I guess you still get a challenge even if you cheat.  :laugh:

Phantomz

@dragon

I had a look at your " Navy Moves " games today that is in the wiki page need a fix section due to " Part 2 unfinishable as you can't enter code on computers ".

I've had a look to see if I can do anything to try and sort this.

I don't speak Spanish so can't understand the text unless I try and use google translate, which is probably not 100%  :laugh:

Anyway, I've done the following, so maybe you or @Urusergi could give it a play test.  ;)

I've mapped keys to.....

1    JOY1   1   
2   JOY1 2   
3   JOY1   U   
4   JOY1   L   
5   JOY1   R      
6   JOY1   D   
7   JOY2   U   
8   JOY2   L   
9   JOY2   R   
0   JOY2   D   
SPACE       JOY2  1
RETURN   PAUSE   

DELETE still needs mapping to Joypad 2 Button 2, doesn't seem to work when I change it to 4F or 7F etc.

I haven't changed all the computer inputs, so hopefully the ones I have done will be enough, if not you can see how to go about it.  ;)

I've done the following.

EMER    = 3333             
PARA MOTO = 4441 4442    
ABRI PUER    = 5551 5552          
TRAN    = 1111             
OABERBYAMD = 2222222222   
FIN = 666

Both games now default to Joystick so there is no need to select before you start.

PART 1 = DEFAULT JOYSTICK  WITH PAUSE TO PAUSE, JOYPAD 2 BUTTON 1 QUIT      
PART 2 = DEFAULT JOYSTICK  WITH JOYPAD 1 BUTTON 2 SELECT, PAUSE TO PAUSE, JOYPAD 2 BUTTON 1 QUIT

I've included a Poked version gives Unlimited Lives and Unlimited Ammo.

Hopefully all the computer inputs will work ok now ?  ;)  If they do we just need the delete key mapped to Joypad 2 Button 2 to delete input errors  ;)

The Two Mag version would be good, as it contains English too, I think the trainer is compressed though.  :doh:

dragon

Quote from: Phantomz on 20:49, 06 January 16
@dragon

I had a look at your " Navy Moves " games today that is in the wiki page need a fix section due to " Part 2 unfinishable as you can't enter code on computers ".

I've had a look to see if I can do anything to try and sort this.

I don't speak Spanish so can't understand the text unless I try and use google translate, which is probably not 100%  :laugh:

Anyway, I've done the following, so maybe you or @Urusergi could give it a play test.  ;)

I've mapped keys to.....

1    JOY1   1   
2   JOY1 2   
3   JOY1   U   
4   JOY1   L   
5   JOY1   R       
6   JOY1   D   
7   JOY2   U   
8   JOY2   L   
9   JOY2   R   
0   JOY2   D   
SPACE       JOY2  1
RETURN   PAUSE   

DELETE still needs mapping to Joypad 2 Button 2, doesn't seem to work when I change it to 4F or 7F etc.

I haven't changed all the computer inputs, so hopefully the ones I have done will be enough, if not you can see how to go about it.  ;)

I've done the following.

EMER    = 3333             
PARA MOTO = 4441 4442   
ABRI PUER    = 5551 5552           
TRAN    = 1111             
OABERBYAMD = 2222222222   
FIN = 666

Both games now default to Joystick so there is no need to select before you start.

PART 1 = DEFAULT JOYSTICK  WITH PAUSE TO PAUSE, JOYPAD 2 BUTTON 1 QUIT     
PART 2 = DEFAULT JOYSTICK  WITH JOYPAD 1 BUTTON 2 SELECT, PAUSE TO PAUSE, JOYPAD 2 BUTTON 1 QUIT

I've included a Poked version gives Unlimited Lives and Unlimited Ammo.

Hopefully all the computer inputs will work ok now ?  ;)  If they do we just need the delete key mapped to Joypad 2 Button 2 to delete input errors  ;)

The Two Mag version would be good, as it contains English too, I think the trainer is compressed though.  :doh:

Emer=emerger= up submarine to surface.
PARA MOTO=parar motor=stop submarine motor.
ABRI PUER=abrir puerta=open door
TRAN=transmitir=broadcast.
OABERBYAMD=final word trasmited to solicite a rescue for you.
FIN=end.

Are all words in the spanish manual,it can be o.k.

Tell me the  delete direction and i take a look.

Two mag crompression(croco compresion) is best use these crack as the ultimate resource. They need some time to made around and normally for now,they always are out of memory to patch all these things. As you patch many things,now propably is impossible use this crack version.

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 22:10, 06 January 16
Emer=emerger= up submarine to surface.
PARA MOTO=parar motor=stop submarine motor.
ABRI PUER=abrir puerta=open door
TRAN=transmitir=broadcast.
OABERBYAMD=final word trasmited to solicite a rescue for you.
FIN=end.

Are all words in the spanish manual,it can be o.k.

Tell me the  delete direction and i take a look.

Two mag crompression(croco compresion) is best use these crack as the ultimate resource. They need some time to made around and normally for now,they always are out of memory to patch all these things. As you patch many things,now propably is impossible use this crack version.

I just need Joypad 2 Button 2 changing from " F " to " DEL ", F = 46 @ 711A in Winape Debugger, tried chaning to 4F or 7F, no luck.

Maybe @Urusergi could unpanck the cng release so we can do the English version too.  :D

Urusergi

Quote from: Phantomz on 16:25, 07 January 16
Maybe @Urusergi could unpanck the cng release so we can do the English version too.  :D

@Phantomz ok, What I have to do?

Phantomz

Quote from: Urusergi on 22:52, 13 January 16
@Phantomz ok, What I have to do?

Where to begin  :laugh:

I believe the Spanish version should be playable and completable now, It just needs Joypad 2 Button 2 changing from " F " to " DEL ", F = 46 @ 711A in Winape Debugger, tried chaning to 4F or 7F, no luck.

For The English version, we would need cngsoft version depacking, then.... do the same as the Spanish version

I believe there was a poke to let anycode be valid to get past the first code screen, so you don't need to enter Code Phase 2 = 28750

then....

Change the Menus, to Up for Keyboard, Down for Joystick, fire 1 to start, make it joystick by default.

PART 1

01 00 0F 02 1B 22 43 45 2F 2C 30 4B 4A 48 49 = DEFAULT KEYBOARD

change to....

01 01 0F 02 1B 22 43 45 2F 1B 34 4B 4A 48 49 = DEFAULT JOYSTICK  WITH PAUSE TO PAUSE, JOYPAD 2 BUTTON 1 QUIT

PART 2

00 1B 22 43 45 2F 26 2C 30 = DEFAULT KEYBOARD

change to.....

01 1B 22 43 45 2F 4D 1B 34 = DEFAULT JOYSTICK  WITH JOYPAD 1 BUTTON 2 SELECT, PAUSE TO PAUSE, JOYPAD 2 BUTTON 1 QUIT

then...

Remap keys to.....

1   JOY1   1   
2   JOY1   2   
3   JOY1   U   
4   JOY1   L   
5   JOY1   R       
6   JOY1   D   
7   JOY2   U   
8   JOY2   L   
9   JOY2   R   
0   JOY2   D   
SPACE       JOY2  1
DELETE     JOY2 2
RETURN   PAUSE

then change the computer inputs to code numbers so they can be entered with the remapped numbers....

Something like....

EMERGE  = 333333 <- 1st official code
STOP ENGINE = 4441 444442 <- 1st official code
OPEN DOOR = 5551 5552 <- machine official code
TRANSMIT = 11111111 <- transmission official code
OABERBYAMD = 2222222222 <- the message you've to send (=bomb ready)
END = 666 <- exits terminal and continue playing

I think that should be about it to make the English version work.  ;D

dragon

It not work becauae you are changuin the ascii code. But i not sure if del is in the ascii code of the game, maybe is asccesed directly. And is necessary search it apart.

I forgotten post it :).

dragon

Manual designing in this game:

avenger &copy gremlin graphics software (1986)

O,P,Q,A,espace=In the real world q,w,p,l and in reverse.....

1=del  :picard2:
2=oh miracle  2 works as manual says!.
3 And 4=signal lost,unkown localitation.

To the bonfire!

dragon

This game was convertly previusly by phantom.

The diferences are:To pause press button pause in gx4000, to unpause press fire(button1 game pad).To abandon press "2" when you are in pause mode.

keyboard O,P are changed to I,O

dragon

Two version, with button 2 and button pause.The taste of each.

Phantomz

My turn.  ;D

I've done a new version of " Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom ".

This game was previously converted by dragon.

UPDATED

The differences are: You can now pause with the Console Pause Button, Unpause with Joypad 1 Button 1,

Whilst Paused you can Press Left or Right on Joypad 1 to change game colours.

I've also changed onscreen instructions.

I couldn't find a version of this game with a trainer, so I've made it so you can use the games inbuilt cheat mode;

At the main menu Press the Console Button 5 times, a beep will sound, this will give you Infinite Lives.
During the game, you can press Button 1 on Joypad 2 to go to the next level.

I've also changed the keys to Q, A, I, O and SPACE for PLUS users.

dragon

New eagle version(until i learn how to modify sprites).

The stats are now in game. From left to right->Ammo->keys->->hits.

When hit=50 you die.

Take in mind  the stats at the moment only actualize when you kill an enemy or when you generate scroll in the screen.

Dsk is included,if you want play it in normal cpc.

More....

Night breed.

Manual:http://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&onglet=notices&num=1514

Transform=buttton 2 game pad. P=pause keboard

Dizrythmia

Quote from: dragon on 22:58, 22 January 16
New eagle version(until i learn how to modify sprites).

The stats are now in game. From left to right->Ammo->keys->->hits.

When hit=50 you die.

Take in mind  the stats at the moment only actualize when you kill an enemy or when you generate scroll in the screen.
One of my first games was Into the Eagle's Nest & I still love it today. Pressing ESCape to view stats was annoying, having them on screen sounds brilliant! I'll be giving this one a try tomorrow.

So the stats aren't on the screen all the time?

dragon

Quote from: Dizrythmia on 16:10, 23 January 16
One of my first games was Into the Eagle's Nest & I still love it today. Pressing ESCape to view stats was annoying, having them on screen sounds brilliant! I'll be giving this one a try tomorrow.

So the stats aren't on the screen all the time?

Yes, but its not complete because I out of ram, anyway We discover the tape version have the menu in game,so ususergi have in the list  things intent to convert the tape version to disc and then port to gx4000.

arnoldemu

I have sent @dragon a new nocart which allows you to use the unused cart pages to store binary data. This can be used for code or data. So now you can patch the game to use this extra data :)
Free pages start at 15 and go up to 31.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Phantomz

Quote from: arnoldemu on 18:16, 23 January 16
I have sent @dragon a new nocart which allows you to use the unused cart pages to store binary data. This can be used for code or data. So now you can patch the game to use this extra data :)
Free pages start at 15 and go up to 31.

Nice one.  :)

Any news on larger disk support with nocart or cpm support?

I could try and do more ports too then.  ;)

I've done a couple more updates of games originally done by dragon.

"Boy Racer" Changes....

Game is ready for two players with joypads by default
Press Button 1 on Joypad 1 to Begin a Two Player Game
Press Button 2 on Joypad 2 to Redefine Controls
Press Button 1 on Joypad 2 to turn player two on or off ( car disappears for one player game )
Press the Console Pause Button on Menu to turn menu music on or of
Press the Console Pause Button ingame to quit
Poked version included which makes both players INDESTRUCTABLE.

"Bravestarr" Changes....

New version with a Tainer, gives infinite days, game can now be paused with Joypad 1 Button 2 and quit with the Console Pause Button.

@remax

I've also updated a a couple of games I did, made a change here and there and also included a couple of poked versions etc.
I think everything is upto date on the wiki page now.

Game changes since your last pack are as follows I believe......  ;)

Dan Dare III - The Escape
West Bank
Smash TV
Tombstowne
Friday13
Official Father Christmas
Quick Draw McGraw
Savage
Trantor The Last Stormtrooper
Equinox
Guardian II - Revenge Of The Mutants
Thanatos
Tombstowne
Chase HQ
Robocop
Darkman
Avenger
Into The Eagle's Nest
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Crystal Castles
Hunchback
Bravestarr
Boy Racer

arnoldemu

Quote from: Phantomz on 18:46, 23 January 16
Nice one.  :)

Any news on larger disk support with nocart or cpm support?

I could try and do more ports too then.  ;)
The disk image data is stored uncompressed, so the max is 80 track *single* sided or ~396KB.

I will check cpm support, it may be working on the new one.

Another way to get more space would be if I stored the files close together and changed the file loading routines to find and load them. Sector by Sector access would no longer work, but you should be able to have a lot of hacked games on there that use file access to load.

I will look at larger size first.
My games. My Games

arnoldemu

I tested cpm2.2 (because it will work with 64kb) and new nocart. It worked.
CPM is now possible, but only if disc is not copyprotected. It is not possible to put copyprotected discs onto cart using nocart without hacking the game and removing the protection.

My games. My Games

dragon

The tape port of eagle+ pokes thanks urusergui for the conversion.

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 22:17, 24 January 16
The tape port of eagle+ pokes thanks urusergui for the conversion.

The info I posted above for @remax is still correct for when he makes the next pack.  ;)