News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

remax

To be sure not to forgot anything, i unzip everything from scratch (i doesn't take long)...

But if i didn't did what i did (that is reuploading the files where you put folders), i would have to  manually get all the files inside a folder everytime i do a new pack (or i can use nasty tricks like rezipping and then unzipping without path but i can cause come problems).

Anyway, if you really feel that you need to add a path in your archive, then keep on going, i'll pursue what i've been doing from now, but i can't really think of any advantage (in general having a folder containing all files in a zip is bad practice, as every unpacker already add a folder when unzipping).
Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

I'll try and remember not to use folders, just got into a habit of doing so as a lot of time I include a poked version and maybe a small readme file with instructions or whats included in the poked version.

I do this as I've noticed whilst watching you tube videos that people don't appear to look at instructions on the wiki page, this might be due to getting all the games in a single download.

I think the single download is great, but appears to have pros and cons.  :doh:

remax

Quote from: Phantomz on 17:04, 14 February 16
I'll try and remember not to use folders, just got into a habit of doing so as a lot of time I include a poked version and maybe a small readme file with instructions or whats included in the poked version.

I do this as I've noticed whilst watching you tube videos that people don't appear to look at instructions on the wiki page, this might be due to getting all the games in a single download.

I think the single download is great, but appears to have pros and cons.  :doh:

If you want i can add a huge RTFM at the root of the archive :-D

From now on, i've added a doc folder with all the txt files, and i was thinking that at one point we might add a txt for each game that need special instructions... but it would need a looooot of work, unless someone find how to automate this thing (i might be able to do that using a PHP script, but i will probably miss the time to write it).
Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

Quote from: remax on 17:14, 14 February 16

If you want i can add a huge RTFM at the root of the archive :-D

From now on, i've added a doc folder with all the txt files, and i was thinking that at one point we might add a txt for each game that need special instructions... but it would need a looooot of work, unless someone find how to automate this thing (i might be able to do that using a PHP script, but i will probably miss the time to write it).

Adding Docs is a good idea, even if it's copy and paste whats on the wiki page for each game, like you said a lot of work though.   :picard:

Maybe someone would like to do it  ??? I'm busy trying to find keys in another game at the moment so doing my bit.  ;D

gerald

Quote from: Phantomz on 17:23, 14 February 16
Adding Docs is a good idea, even if it's copy and paste whats on the wiki page for each game, like you said a lot of work though.   :picard:

Maybe someone would like to do it  ??? I'm busy trying to find keys in another game at the moment so doing my bit.  ;D
Talking about doc, I am preparing an updated version of CprSelect that will display TXT file.
If you could limit the width of the lines 44 char that would be nice  ;)

remax

Quote from: gerald on 17:41, 14 February 16
Talking about doc, I am preparing an updated version of CprSelect that will display TXT file.
If you could limit the width of the lines 44 char that would be nice  ;)

People read in my mind today... I was thinking of that too  :D
Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

Ok here is the next game that I've been working on today, this one is a puzzle game called " Confuzion "

All the control Instructions are onscreen.  8)

I haven't been able to find ESC for Pause at the moment, you're supposed to press ESC twice to abort, this doesn't appear to work with the disk?  ???

Everything works apart from pause / abort.

Phantomz

Just watched Novabugs  CPC Vs GX4000 - Comparison of the ported games video.

I see he thinks that the CPC version of Barbarian 2 is better as it has the title screen included which isn't in the GX4000 version.

I know the game is pretty much the sane apart from the title screen, but I thought I'd convert it anyway.

So we now have a disc to cart port with the title screen.  ;D

I've made the game default to Joystick so just press Button 1 on Joypad 1 to start.

I've made the controls the same as the GX4000, O and P are now replaced with K and L , you can now pause and unpause with the console pasue button.

I've remapped ESC to Quit to Joypad 2 Button 1.

The game has a trainer, but it only seems to let you select any level if you use the warrior, if you select the princess you must begin on level 1, this is nothing that I've done this is how the trainer is on the disk.

ukmarkh

Would it be possible to change controls on Burnin Rubber, where the controls don't default to pressing up to 'Accelerate'?

Also, how would Renegade controls work on the GX4000?

Phantomz

Quote from: ukmarkh on 13:35, 16 February 16
Would it be possible to change controls on Burnin Rubber, where the controls don't default to pressing up to 'Accelerate'?

Also, how would Renegade controls work on the GX4000?

You can change the controls in Burnin Rubber, I normally only make it default to joystick with games that normally default to keyboard so they can be played on the GX4000.

I can change the controls in Burnin Rubber though  ;)

Burnin Rubber

The game now defaults to;

Button 1 = Accelerate, Button 2 = Brake, UP = Change Up a gear, DOWN = Change down a gear, Console Pause Button to PAUSE / UNPAUSE.

I can changed if the game starts as Automatic gears or Manual gears too, I've left it as the deault Automatic gears.

I've included a Poked version which gives infinite time too.  ;D

@dragon made the nuchuk edition of " Renegade ", I found the wires got in my way so I reversed the pads.

dragon   v1 = Use both pads : Left pad with wire looking to the right and right pad with wire looking to the right

Phantomz v2 = Use both pads : Left pad with wire looking to the right and right pad with wire looking to the left

ukmarkh

Wow! I love your work!!!

Infinite time on Burnin Rubber is a fantastic addition, and the controls, OMG! lol

Is it possible to provide cheats for all the GX4000 games, some of them including Robocop 2 were so difficult. And imagine if we could have more lives and time on Navy Seals.

One final question, are you GOD?

Phantomz

Quote from: ukmarkh on 15:59, 16 February 16
Wow! I love your work!!!

Infinite time on Burnin Rubber is a fantastic addition, and the controls, OMG! lol

Is it possible to provide cheats for all the GX4000 games, some of them including Robocop 2 were so difficult. And imagine if we could have more lives and time on Navy Seals.

One final question, are you GOD?

CPC-Power has versions of the GX4000 carts that are poked, have look there.  ;)

ukmarkh

I was thinking, instead of infinite time on Burnin Rubber, how about an option to increase the percentage of time, making it more accessible to everyone, say by, ten, twenty or thirty seconds for the game?

I feel cheeky requesting all this. Maybe three different version, easy, medium or hard! 

Phantomz

Quote from: ukmarkh on 16:32, 16 February 16
I was thinking, instead of infinite time on Burnin Rubber, how about an option to increase the percentage of time, making it more accessible to everyone, say by, ten, twenty or thirty seconds for the game?

I feel cheeky requesting all this. Maybe three different version, easy, medium or hard!

I'm not really the right guy for the job, doing pokes isn't my thing, I didn't do the poke on the Burnin Rubber cart, I just changed the controls on that version too.

Maybe someone else might be able to help with cheats / pokes in GX4000 games, I know Robocop 2 is hard.  :o

ukmarkh

Quote from: Phantomz on 16:41, 16 February 16

I just changed the controls.

I love the way you play this down, great guy and humble to the last. Keep up the good work matey.

Phantomz

Here is a new version of " Confuzion "

I used a different disk with this version, I don't believe the game has a pause function, however, you can now quit the game by pressing the console button twice.

andycadley

ukmarkh

xenon

Just a curious question... I know that there are not popular CPC games, but is there any possibility to see converted multiload games like After Burner, Turbo Outrun or Outrun?

Regards,

Salva

ukmarkh

Quote from: xenon on 22:36, 17 February 16
Just a curious question... I know that there are not popular CPC games, but is there any possibility to see converted multiload games like After Burner, Turbo Outrun or Outrun?

Regards,

Salva

Multiload should work, only if 64K

Phantomz

I've done another game today, this one is " Yie Ar Kung-Fu8)

I can't change the Menu as can't find the text, but I've remapped all the buttons.  :)

0 = Joypad 1 Up, to see High Scores
1 = Joypad 1 Button 1, 1 Player Game
2 = Joypad 1 Button 2, 2 Player Game
3 = Joypad 1 Down, Redefine Keys

I've made the game default to Joystick so you can just press Joypad 1 Button 1 or 2 to Start Game, it's a shame it's alternating players and not Vs.

Pause with the Console Pause Button, Unpause with Joypad 1 Button 1.
Whilst Paused press Joypad 1 Button 2 to turn music on / off, this also unpauses the game ( same as the disk ).
Whilst Paused press Joypad 2 Button 1 to Quit game.

dragon

When mission finish mays/shift=press 2 to next level, if you press fire you repeat the last level.

dragon

Double dragon v2(cpc 464+ can redefine keys)

And double dragon 2.

Phantomz

I've done some more work on a couple of earlier games I converted.   ;)

" Commando " and " Space Invasion "  now defaults to Joystick Control, just press the Console Button to start game.

I've also done a couple more games, these are " Alien " and " Blagger "

Phantomz

I'm trying to convert " Steve Davis Snooker " and " Steve Davis Pool " for us.

Maybe @Urusergi or @dragon could help  ;D

I just need the SHIFT key in both games remapping to Joypad 2 Button 1, I can't seem to Find (21) = 15 to change to Joypad 2 Button 1 (52) = 34

It might use keyboard scanning but I can't seem to find it at the moment.

You need;

SHIFT AND N = NEW GAME
SHIFT AND C = CHANGE ORIGINAL SHOT INSTRUCTION BEFORE PLAYING IT
SHIFT AND R = RETAKE LAST SHOT

I've changed N to JOYPAD 2 BUTTON 2
I've changed C to JOYPAD 2 UP
I've changed R to JOYPAD 2 DOWN

So once SHIFT is remapped to Joypad 2 Button 1 it will be;

Joypad 2, 1 and 2 = New Game
Joypad 2, 1 and Up = Change Original Shot Instructions Before Playing It
Joypad 2, 1 and Down = Retake last shot ( don't think works in pool, but the key is there ).

I've pretty much done them both, and you can play them, I just need the above sorting.

Use Joypad 2 for Menu Options.

Use Joypad 1 button 2 for snooker , green screen option.

Use Joypad 2 for selecting colour after you pot a red.

2 = Yellow = Button 2
3 = Green = Up
4 = Brown = Down
5 = Blue = Left
6 = Pink = Right
7 = Black = Pause Button

Play again = Joypad 1 Button 1 = Yes,  Joypad 1 Button 2 = No