News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

ukmarkh

Quote from: Phantomz on 20:28, 01 March 16
I've just done a couple more games, these are " Ninja " from Mastertronic and " Ninja Scooter Simulator " from Silverbird, love the music in this.  :)

Ninja
I've changed the onscreen menu / options, it defaults to Joystick so just press the console pause button to begin.
Quit game with Console Pause Button, I can't find the CAPS button to Remap pause to Joypad 1 Button 2 at the moment.

Seriously dude, thanks for doing Ninja, I played this so much as a kid, looking forward to playing on the GX  :D  Means a lot, will bring back so many memories.

Phantomz

Quote from: ukmarkh on 18:48, 02 March 16

Seriously dude, thanks for doing Ninja, I played this so much as a kid, looking forward to playing on the GX  :D  Means a lot, will bring back so many memories.

You're welcome, I also played Ninja a lot as a kid, I know it don't look great, but loved it back then.  :D

I've just done a small update to " International Karate Plus " you can now Pause / Unpause with the Console Pause Button.

dragon

Quote from: xenon on 16:36, 02 March 16
Oh, are you trying to convert After Burner to CPR?  ;)

Nope, is on the list. The list is big jeje.

xenon

Quote from: dragon on 23:15, 02 March 16
Nope, is on the list. The list is big jeje.

;) my own list includes Space Harrier II, but the 464 version is not available on disk... :P

dragon

Quote from: xenon on 08:48, 03 March 16
;) my own list includes Space Harrier II, but the 464 version is not available on disk... :P

If it not have multiload maybe urusergi can make a dsk from the cdt.

I found a curiosity in my last game. The game is bad in cpcpower and in cpc rulez. You cannot  finish the game because level 9 fail to load. The joke is the reviews in youtube use these dsk images, so when they  research level 9 they cut the game, and it appears the game finish with you walkin around  the world alone jaja.

Fortunly, nvg have a other sub  variant of the xor crack, where the level 9 works. In the nvg if you type list in basic you can only view the .bas . In the bad dsk of cpc power and cpc rulez, you can list all files of the crack in basic.

I remade the cpcrulez image with the level 9 file from nvg, and it appears to work. But i need try the entire levels to confirm it work.

Exactly the xor subrutine decompresion fails to decompress the level. It not finish and is in a infinite loop. In the dsk of cpc power and cpc rulez.

ukmarkh

What about Operation Wolf and Thunderbolt, and any other shooter of this style, but configured to use the Amstrad Light gun?   

Phantomz

It would be good if "Space Harrier II " gets ported  :D

CraigsBar converted the original " Space Harrier " to the GX4000 for us, I noticed it doesn't have a trainer so I've made a poked version too which gives infinite lives.

xenon

Quote from: ukmarkh on 15:40, 03 March 16
What about Operation Wolf and Thunderbolt, and any other shooter of this style, but configured to use the Amstrad Light gun?

Or for example Operation Thunderbolt with a visible cross... to know where are you shooting :P

xenon

Quote from: Phantomz on 19:05, 03 March 16
It would be good if "Space Harrier II " gets ported  :D

CraigsBar converted the original " Space Harrier " to the GX4000 for us, I noticed it doesn't have a trainer so I've made a poked version too which gives infinite lives.

It's available here and on the wiki page now...  ;)

Can you add please Galaxy Force on the wiki page? :-)

ukmarkh

Quote from: xenon on 00:18, 04 March 16
Or for example Operation Thunderbolt with a visible cross... to know where are you shooting :P

Wouldn't that be a case of just turning on a setting for the machine gun or laser? There's a pick up in the game that gives you a cross?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xenon

Quote from: dragon on 14:02, 26 February 16
And one new.

I've been testing the game. When you die, and Game Over appears, it doesn't return to main screen, so I must reset the console to play again.

Regards,

Salva

xenon

Quote from: ukmarkh on 00:39, 04 March 16
Wouldn't that be a case of just turning on a setting for the machine gun or laser? There's a pick up in the game that gives you a cross?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, you're right, but that setting or pick up doesn't exist  :'(

CPC Version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkWOGGlsaQg
CPC Plus / GX4000 Version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wleftz30lYs

and you'right also, it would be great to play this game using light gun, although I've never seen a CPC lightgun :S

Compare it with Operation Wolf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5x1NA5NWHU

Regards,

Salva

ukmarkh

Quote from: xenon on 08:37, 04 March 16
Yes, you're right, but that setting or pick up doesn't exist  :'(

At 47 seconds into that video, he picks up laser guided thingymajig that enables you to at least see where you're aiming... I wonder if this could just be turned on permanently? 

Also, In Operation Thunderbolt, for those who don't already know, I can now confirm that the CPC version, like the arcade and Amiga, doesn't inflict damage on the right side of the screen, if no two player... which means, you only have to concentrate on the enemies on your left side of the screen.

xenon

Quote from: ukmarkh on 12:25, 04 March 16

At 47 seconds into that video, he picks up laser guided thingymajig that enables you to at least see where you're aiming... I wonder if this could just be turned on permanently? 

Humm... yes, a poke would be great :)

Also, In Operation Thunderbolt, for those who don't already know, I can now confirm that the CPC version, like the arcade and Amiga, doesn't inflict damage on the right side of the screen, if no two player... which means, you only have to concentrate on the enemies on your left side of the screen.

Oh, I did't know, even I have the original GX4000 cart :P Thanks for the info ;)

Regards,

Salva

Phantomz

Quote from: xenon on 00:19, 04 March 16
Can you add please Galaxy Force on the wiki page? :-)

Not at the moment, I'm a bit busy sorry, I'll see if I can do it later, why don't you add it yourself, it's not hard.  ;)

I'm not moaning or anything, but I can't do it all by myself, @remax used to even upload mine to the wiki page, but suggested I do it myself, so I tried and figured it out ;D

Quote from: xenon on 00:42, 04 March 16
I've been testing the game. When you die, and Game Over appears, it doesn't return to main screen, so I must reset the console to play again.

Regards,

Salva

It looks like it will need to go into the " Need a fix " section if it gets added then.  :doh:

ukmarkh

Quote from: Phantomz on 16:28, 04 March 16
Not at the moment, I'm a bit busy sorry, I'll see if I can do it later, why don't you add it yourself, it's not hard.  ;)

I'm not moaning or anything, but I can't do it all by myself, @remax used to even upload mine to the wiki page, but suggested I do it myself, so I tried and figured it out ;D

It looks like it will need to go into the " Need a fix " section if it gets added then.  :doh:

If someone shows me, I'm a fast learner, I'll help out.

Phantomz

Quote from: ukmarkh on 17:09, 04 March 16

If someone shows me, I'm a fast learner, I'll help out.

Cheers mate  :)

Maybe someone could explain how to do it on here, I had to do it the hard way, create an account, click edit page and have a look.

You can preview any changes you make and it won't change anything unless you click on save page.

Get the game info you need from somewhere like cpc-power, add any instructions given on here and then upload the game.

Once you edit the page with the info and save it, the game file will be in red, click it, then upload the file, go back to the wiki page, click edit, then save page again, people wll be able to download the game then.

Best thing to do is go and have a look at the page when you click the edit button, I'm pretty sure you'll figure it out.  ;)

Here is another game " Terminus " @chinnyhill10 just posted a video about it, thought I'd convert it incase people wanted to check it out on the GX4000

Phantomz

I've put "Galaxy Force " in the need a fix section.

dragon

Quote from: xenon on 00:42, 04 March 16

Regards,

Salva

galaxy force is thing of urusergui :).

The day of two players.

First a classic (at least for me in the snes). brummm brumm.

Second the finish part of the double dragon 3, i changed it, so if yo began in level x and then you die you return to level 1. pause+2 abandon. This is the game level 9 in cpcrulez and cpc power dsk not work.

And finish this game have a lot a lot of work begin,As the xor compression leave  0 bytes of free memory in the console :(. So this game decompress at the fly using the rom cartridge. And auto rewrites the xor compresion code in memory.

And the xor crack are broken, and in the original choose levels only work in 0-9.So i remade the crack.

Phantomz

I've converted " Fruit Machine " from Amsoft, but not sure which version to upload.

I'd prefer to keep the title screen that displays who made the game, but this takes time to load up and goes in a second, can anyone make it so it stays up until you press fire to pass it.

I've made a second version that loads fast but it has no title screen.

I'm sure the loader program can be changed easy enough, it tells the game to display the title screen then load the "fruit" program (game).

Urusergi

Quote from: Phantomz on 22:14, 05 March 16
I'd prefer to keep the title screen that displays who made the game, but this takes time to load up and goes in a second, can anyone make it so it stays up until you press fire to pass it.

Very easy, it's Basic!

565 IF JOY(0)<>16 THEN GOTO 565

Phantomz

Quote from: Urusergi on 22:39, 05 March 16
Very easy, it's Basic!

565 IF JOY(0)<>16 THEN GOTO 565

Might be Basic to you, but not to me  :laugh:

Thank you.  ;)

Urusergi

Another one with a message:

562 LOCATE 9,25:PEN 2:PRINT"Press FIRE to continue"

It's correct?

Phantomz

Quote from: Urusergi on 23:04, 05 March 16
Another one with a message:

562 LOCATE 9,25:PEN 2:PRINT"Press FIRE to continue"

It's correct?

I'll have a look at that later, just worked on the last disk,I got rid of please wait on the bottom of the title screen, and changed loading to " Press 1 " also removed LOADING PLEASE WAIT, looks better now .  ;)

" Fruit Machine "

Instructions

Joypad 1 Button 1 will set the reels rolling.
Joypad 1 LEFT, DOWN, RIGHT will hold either 1st, 2nd and 3rd reels.
Joypad 1 Button 2 = Gamble
Joypad 1 UP = Collect win or cancel hold
Joypad 1 LEFT = Will exchange wins for nudges
Joypad 1 RIGHT = Will exchange wins for Winner Spinners
Joypad 2 LEFT, UP, RIGHT will nudge UP each reel.
Joypad 1 LEFT, DOWN, RIGHT will nudge DOWN each reel.
Press Console Pause Button to Pass Highscore Table.

Phantomz

I've done a new version that displays " PRESS BUTTON 1 TO CONTINUE ".