News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

xenon

Quote from: dragon on 20:04, 05 March 16
galaxy force is thing of urusergui :) .

Ok, hope @Urusergi, will be able to fix the problem :)

The day of two players.

First a classic (at least for me in the snes). brummm brumm.

Second the finish part of the double dragon 3, i changed it, so if yo began in level x and then you die you return to level 1. pause+2 abandon. This is the game level 9 in cpcrulez and cpc power dsk not work.

And finish this game have a lot a lot of work begin,As the xor compression leave  0 bytes of free memory in the console :( . So this game decompress at the fly using the rom cartridge. And auto rewrites the xor compresion code in memory.

And the xor crack are broken, and in the original choose levels only work in 0-9.So i remade the crack.

Thanks for these games :D

Regards,

Salva

Phantomz

I've changed a couple of buttons around on " Fruit Machine ".

I've moved collect / cancel to DOWN on Joypad 1, and 2 to hold or Nudge to UP on Joypad 1.

Both Joypads use left up and right for nudges now, hopefully it will make it easier to remember, so pad 1 for down nudges, pad 2 for up nudges.  :D

Instructions
Joypad 1 Button 1 will set the reels rolling.
Joypad 1 LEFT, UP, RIGHT will hold either 1st, 2nd and 3rd reels.
Joypad 1 Button 2 = Gamble
Joypad 1 DOWN = Collect win or cancel hold
Joypad 1 LEFT = Will exchange wins for nudges
Joypad 1 RIGHT = Will exchange wins for Winner Spinners
Joypad 1 LEFT, UP, RIGHT will nudge DOWN each reel.
Joypad 2 LEFT, UP, RIGHT will nudge UP each reel.
Press Console Pause Button to Pass Highscore Table.

Phantomz

I've just done another game, this one is " Roland In The Caves " @Urusergi followed your basic instructions on the last game for this one  ;D

I've also been hard at work doing a new better version of " Roland On The Ropes8)

The game now has a fully working trainer, you can now also pause and quit the game, the instructions are onscreen too.  :D

Phantomz

I've just done " Golden Basket "

You can just select a 1 or 2 player game and begin, it defaults to the joypads.

Pause / Unpause remapped to Joypad 1 Button 2, Quit game remapped to Console Pause Button.

Gryzor

Quote from: Phantomz on 17:34, 07 March 16
I've just done " Golden Basket "

You can just select a 1 or 2 player game and begin, it defaults to the joypads.

Pause / Unpause remapped to Joypad 1 Button 2, Quit game remapped to Console Pause Button.

Heheeeheh perfect time to actually play the game I posted in another thread :)

Phantomz

Quote from: Gryzor on 17:38, 07 March 16

Heheeeheh perfect time to actually play the game I posted in another thread :)

Have Fun  :D

I checked it in MESS so it should work ok, haven't tested in the GX4000 yet.

Phantomz

I've just done some more work on some of the original " Amsoft " games I converted.

I've made them stop at the title screen, like what I did with " Fruit Machine ", " Roland in the Caves " and " Roland on the Ropes ".

I've done " Blagger " same as before, no changes apart from needing to press button 1 to pass title screen.

I've done " Galactic Plague (The) " You now press the Console Pause Button to Cheat.

I've done " Harrier Attack " I've changed the onscreen level select to Arrows, you now also Press Joypad 1 Button 1 to Bypass Highscore Table .

I've done " Oh Mummy ! " I've changed the onscreen instructions, this now also shows what to press for level difficulty and speed ( I had to change the word difficulty to level ).

seanb

Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

Phantomz

Quote from: seanb on 13:48, 08 March 16
Fantastic work @Phantomz

Thank you.  :)

I've just done some more work on a couple more " Amsoft games "

I've done " Catastrophes " same as before, but the title screens stays until you press button 1 now.

I've done " The Scout Steps Out " the title screen and all information screens now stay until you press button 1 instead of just flashing up.

I've also made it so 1 and 2 on the keyboard work the same as the joypad ingame, so 2 for Tour, 1 to Stop tour.

Phantomz

I've done another game today, this one is " Druid ".  :D

Instructions
Pause / Unpasue with Console Pause Button
Joypad 1 Button 2 = CYCLE THROUGH the missile spells; water, fire and lightning
Joypad 2 UP = Key, LEFT = Invisibility, RIGHT = Golem, DOWN = Chaos
Joypad 2 Button 1 = Command the Golem to: WAIT, FOLLOW the druid or SEND the golem in the direction the druid is facing

dthrone

Can I add one to the request list please, the Amsoft game Qabbalah, gagging to play through it on the GX4000  ;)

Zoe Robinson

Did anyone ever actually finish Qabbalah? I used to play it as a kid despite not knowing how it worked, and now it's stuck in my mind as an unfinishable game.

dthrone

Quote from: Zoe Robinson on 02:29, 11 March 16
Did anyone ever actually finish Qabbalah? I used to play it as a kid despite not knowing how it worked, and now it's stuck in my mind as an unfinishable game.

haha, yes, me, very recently.  I think I'm the first person in the whole world  :D

Once I had figured out where to go for the spheres it wasn't that hard.  I did a youtube video of me replaying the final bit that shows the ending -

[/url]

Zoe Robinson

It's a really colourful game, which I think is why I used to play it a lot, but the annoyance factor of the character literally not being visible on the screen for a huge amount of game time all came flooding back to me when I watched that video. Well done on completing it though; it's nice to finally see the ending. :)

dragon

1=UP 2=down 3=left 4=right 5=1 6=2 7=boton pause. (for when he ask you dificulty level 1 to X)

+ Custom subrutine load levels to fix the direct acces disk that made the game incompatible with  no&scart.
+ Game of the century edition. It include all levels of the game. Five level from laser squad original+the two level of the expansion disk :) .
+ The game cannot load save, as you can't load save in cartridge obiusly.
+ Warning if you play it in emulator, the game has a bug when use joysticks, if more that two joystick directions are pressed  at the same time the game crash.

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 13:26, 11 March 16
+ Custom subrutine load levels to fix the direct acces disk that made the game incompatible with  no&scart.

Any chance this can work with other games? it would be good to have the plus version of " Operation Wolf " ;)

dragon

who knows.

The trick consist in first delete the call  in 52d2 call &57fe (delete &52fe en next). is the disc file subrutine. Then  a code in injected in &5ef2, that call one page rom that contains the loader. This loader examine wich level you want to load, and copy a code in the subrutine &52fe thats loads two roms from  a x level and copy it in memory where the normal &57fe load the files.

Total the game uses 15 extra roms. 1 with the loader +14 with the seven levels. Each level is divided in two page roms.

PD: thanks arnoldemu  for the info.

Phantomz

I had a bit of free time today, so tried to do another game, it all works apart from the quit option, the game is " On The Run ".  ;D

Use Joypad 2 and the Console Pause Button for Menu Options.

I've made the game default to Joystick, the game doesn't allow you to redefine to joypad button 2, so I've made joypad button 2 default to use Smart Bombs.  ;)

Use the Console Pause Button to pause the game, unpause with Joypad 1 Button 1.

Use Joypad 2 Button 1 to Turn Sound On / Off, I was hoping to use Joypad 2 Button 2 to Quit Game, but haven't been able to do so yet.

To quit the game you need to hold down CONTROL, SHIFT then Press ESCAPE, I've remapped ESCAPE to Pause, so now it quits with CONTROL, SHIFT and then press P (PAUSE BUTTON).

So I need to find CONTROL and SHIFT and map them to Joypad 2 Button 2, to make it Hold Down Button 2 on Joypad 2 then press the console Pause Button to Quit.

remax

Quote from: Phantomz on 20:06, 16 February 16
Here is a new version of " Confuzion "

I used a different disk with this version, I don't believe the game has a pause function, however, you can now quit the game by pressing the console button twice.

The game is available here.  :)

You forgot to upload the new version, don't you ?

I did for you ;)

In few time, i will upload the two games from today.
Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

Quote from: remax on 13:41, 12 March 16

You forgot to upload the new version, don't you ?

I did for you ;)

In few time, i will upload the two games from today.

Thank you.  ;)  I must have missed that one.  :doh:

Phantomz

Quote from: dthrone on 00:33, 11 March 16
Can I add one to the request list please, the Amsoft game Qabbalah, gagging to play through it on the GX4000  ;)

I had a look at this today, but can't seem to find any objects, I need to find some to try and find the keys to remap  :doh: are they randomly placed each time?

I've done everything else apart from the above....

Menu Buttons Remapped, Pause Remapped from H to Joypad 1 Button 2, Quit remapped from ESC and CTRL, to the Console Pause Button.
Scroll Scenery Remapped from Cursor left and right to Joypad 2 Dpad Left and Right.

I don't think the game has a highscore table so that just leaves Cursor UP and Down needing to be remapped to Joypad 2 Dpad Up and Down.

If I could find stuff I could work on it  :laugh: :doh:

Zoe Robinson

Quote from: Phantomz on 20:06, 12 March 16
I had a look at this today, but can't seem to find any objects, I need to find some to try and find the keys to remap  :doh: are they randomly placed each time?

Yes, the game randomly places objects each time. It's quite annoying.

dthrone

Quote from: Phantomz on 20:06, 12 March 16

I've done everything else apart from the above....

Menu Buttons Remapped, Pause Remapped from H to Joypad 1 Button 2, Quit remapped from ESC and CTRL, to the Console Pause Button.
Scroll Scenery Remapped from Cursor left and right to Joypad 2 Dpad Left and Right.

I don't think the game has a highscore table so that just leaves Cursor UP and Down needing to be remapped to Joypad 2 Dpad Up and Down.

If I could find stuff I could work on it  :laugh: :doh:

The game is available here, incase someone can find items and remap the keys.  ;D

Thanks for your efforts!  ;)

I spent quite a bit of time recently pulling this game apart.  Objects are placed at random and in sequence, so you don't know where the later objects will be until they are placed later in the game.  Their positions are mapped in the same way as the scenery which helped figuring it out how to locate them.  If anyone actually has a go at playing through it I'll dig out my notes and write a little guide.

Do you mean the keys to cycle through the objects, i.e. pink key, red key etc.?  It is just the up and down cursor keys.  There is no high score table.
If you need any other game or technical info let me know.  Image attached is near the end of the game so you can use that for testing if it helps?

Thanks again, appreciate it.

Phantomz

Quote from: dthrone on 20:50, 14 March 16

Thanks for your efforts!  ;)

I spent quite a bit of time recently pulling this game apart.  Objects are placed at random and in sequence, so you don't know where the later objects will be until they are placed later in the game.  Their positions are mapped in the same way as the scenery which helped figuring it out how to locate them.  If anyone actually has a go at playing through it I'll dig out my notes and write a little guide.

Do you mean the keys to cycle through the objects, i.e. pink key, red key etc.?  It is just the up and down cursor keys.  There is no high score table.
If you need any other game or technical info let me know.  Image attached is near the end of the game so you can use that for testing if it helps?

Thanks again, appreciate it.

Thanks for that. I just had a quick look, I've now found the down cursor, so I would think that the up cursor should be close by, the down cursor = 02 @ 8523 in winape ;)

Maybe that is all we need really, as I only need 1 button to change items, I will still look for the up cursor, but haven't got the free time at the moment.

I've remapped the down cursor to Joypad 2 down, so you can use that to scroll through items.

It should work fine now, but there is only one button to change items for the time being.

dthrone

Great, I'll whack it on to the C4CPC tomorrow and give it a whirl on the GX  :D

Thanks again!  ;)