News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon

remax

I'm currently uploading all the games.

Is Qabbalah OK to upload ?

Request : As we are in Tetris/Columns ports, can someone port the great "Alinka" ?  :)

EDIT : Everything up to date, including the full set.
Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

Quote from: remax on 13:05, 24 March 16
I'm currently uploading all the games.

Is Qabbalah OK to upload ?

Request : As we are in Tetris/Columns ports, can someone port the great "Alinka" ?  :)

EDIT : Everything up to date, including the full set.

Thanks @remax   :)

I believe " Qabbalah " is ok now, it might get a update if @dthrone makes a poked version  :)

Maybe @dragon or @Urusergi could do " Alinka " as I haven't got any free time at the moment.  ::)

dragon

Buff, i lost my free time to make rescue to atlantis,After hours of jumping around the cngsoft compresion, made a new call to make the  keys code  compatible with the gx4000.

all for nothing, because game fail when you finish  the level and only show black screen of death. I try cngsoft 2014, cngsoft 2008, cngsoft 2006. All black sceen, in cartridge, in dsk. All the same.

What a Waste of time buff.

Quoteauthor=xenon link=topic=10511.msg123443#msg123443 date=1458809621]
Oh :) Thanks very much!!  :)

Thank you for playing it :).

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 01:30, 26 March 16
Buff, i lost my free time to make rescue to atlantis,After hours of jumping around the cngsoft compresion, made a new call to make the  keys code  compatible with the gx4000.

all for nothing, because game fail when you finish  the level and only show black screen of death. I try cngsoft 2014, cngsoft 2008, cngsoft 2006. All black sceen, in cartridge, in dsk. All the same.

What a Waste of time buff.

Sorry to hear that  :'(

Thanks for trying to do another game though, I understand the effort it takes.  ;)

Phantomz

Quote from: remax on 13:05, 24 March 16

@remax

I had a bit of free time today so had a look at " Alinka " for you.  ;D

I've mapped the Main Menu to Joypad 2, Button 1 and Button 2 for 1 or 2 Player, UP for Option 3, DOWN for Option 4.

Option 4 is to Redefine the Controls, I have however made the game default to Joypad 1  ;)

I don't think the game has a pause option.

Not sure I can do much with Option 3 for the GX4000 as I believe this is to continue a game with your initials and level you have got to before?

remax

Quote from: Phantomz on 18:26, 26 March 16
@remax

I had a bit of free time today so had a look at " Alinka " for you.  ;D

I've mapped the Main Menu to Joypad 2, Button 1 and Button 2 for 1 or 2 Player, UP for Option 3, DOWN for Option 4.

Option 4 is to Redefine the Controls, I have however made the game default to Joypad 1  ;)

I don't think the game has a pause option.

Not sure I can do much with Option 3 for the GX4000 as I believe this is to continue a game with your initials and level you have got to before?

The game is available here.

Nice ! It's a great Tetris arcade clone... I'll give it a try  :)

EDIT : Seems to play perfectly. Thank you very much !
Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

Quote from: remax on 18:35, 26 March 16
Nice ! It's a great Tetris arcade clone... I'll give it a try  :)

EDIT : Seems to play perfectly. Thank you very much !

You're welcome.  :D

dragon

Quote from: Phantomz on 15:15, 26 March 16
Sorry to hear that  :'(

Thanks for trying to do another game though, I understand the effort it takes.  ;)

Fortunately, I'm too stubborn to let me beat by a half-finished crack.

And now i have it working at least in apperance :) .

Testers?.

predefined keys up=up ,down=select,right=right,left=left,button1=fire,button2=in/out p=pause. joy 2 1=abandon, joy2 2= music on/off in the menu.

In menu all keys except fire 1 moves the cursor, fire 1 seletec the option.

Phantomz

Just converted " cngsoft " great little nebulus type game " Frog A lot;D

Frogalot / CNGSoft

dragon

An update fix to rescue from atlantis from 464+ and 6128+

Fixed keyboard/joystick coexistence.

Toggle music on/off in game pad joy 2 was moved to joy 1 button 2, that was free in the menu.

Select joystick make game use joystick controls in the other post, select keyboard make games use default original keyboard controls o,p,q,a,space,h=hold,m=in/out. esc=abandon.

The menus works with fire 1 pad 1 to enter a option with joystick or return  key for keyboard users.

Also keyboard users can toogle music on/off with m in the menus.

So the game is now complete  joystick/keyboard compatible. :)

Phantomz

I've just done a poked version of " Frog Alot " as it's hard to plug a multiface two into a GX4000  ::) :laugh:

dragon

I forgot include press intro to go  between levels when code displays ... :picard2: :picard2: :picard2: :picard2:

dragon

Sorry guys another update, i think is the defininitive. this happend with these conversions you touch anything to make work a thing, and this cause a unexpected secondary result.

So,summarising.

+add keyboard support to write the level codes using r,t,g keys in the keyboard, same style as using the pad.
+add keyboard support to jump dinamic starwars history pressing space.
+cngsoft picture can be passed pressing any key in the keyboard o joypad.
+fixed bug in menu subrutine with the S of "BEAESFEA".
+faster enter code subrutine limiting the letters to the letter accepted by de game 0-F+S. with lopping in the letters for faster search.
+fixed scorepoints affected by the joystick patch.
+fixed jostick button 2 not working by default  in level 2 and  3 of cngsoft part.

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 19:21, 29 March 16
Sorry guys another update, i think is the defininitive. this happend with these conversions you touch anything to make work a thing, and this cause a unexpected secondary result.

So,summarising.

+add keyboard support to write the level codes using r,t,g keys in the keyboard, same style as using the pad.
+add keyboard support to jump dinamic starwars history pressing space.
+cngsoft picture can be passed pressing any key in the keyboard o joypad.
+fixed bug in menu subrutine with the S of "BEAESFEA".
+faster enter code subrutine limiting the letters to the letter accepted by de game 0-F+S. with lopping in the letters for faster search.
+fixed scorepoints affected by the joystick patch.
+fixed jostick button 2 not working by default  in level 2 and  3 of cngsoft part.

Hope you've it all sorted now.  :D

Phantomz

Ok I've been hard at work today bringing you another game that @CraigsBar asked for ages ago, but I couldn't do it back then.

Anyway, I'm happy to say that I've figured it out now, the game is " Silkworm ".   8)

I've made the game default to both joypads, I had to swop the keyboard and joypad 2 around, I've changed the menu too because of this.

The game has a scanlines mode, this was accessed with T, it didn't help that it's right on joypad 2, anyway, I've remapped that to P ( console pause button ).

I've changed O and P to K and L for Plus keyboard users because of the above.

You can now start the game with FIRE, joypad 1 button 1, joypad 2 button 1 or Space if using the keyboard.

I don't believe the game has a pause or quit option.

I've included a poked version that gives infinite lives for both players.

The game has taken me a bit of time to do so I hope you like it.  ;D

xenon

Wow, Phantomz :-) , Silkworm is a great great game  :)

Thanks very much!

Regards,

Salva

Phantomz

Quote from: xenon on 12:01, 31 March 16
Wow, Phantomz :-) , Silkworm is a great great game  :)

Thanks very much!

Regards,

Salva

You're Welcome.  :)

dragon

When you retun from dead, and fire not start the game,simply select keyboard,press fire some times, select joystick, and game start with fire.

Thinks of the game.

Gryzor

Ooh Silkworm, loved this game indeed! And I had totally forgotten about the scanlines option!!

xenon

Quote from: dragon on 23:39, 01 April 16
When you retun from dead, and fire not start the game,simply select keyboard,press fire some times, select joystick, and game start with fire.

Thinks of the game.

Wow :D, I need to test it :-)

Thanks!

Salva

Phantomz

I had a little bit of free time today so done another game, this one is " Blasteroids "

Press Joypad 1 Fire Button 1 to get passed the first screen that's shows " PRESS SPACE TO START " with the Music.

The " DEFINE KEYBOARD CONTROLS " screen will then appear, Redefine Joypad 2 here.

The game defaults to Joypad 1 for Player 2, so the controls you Redefine for joypad 2 will be player 1.

By default ( Player 2 Joypad 1 ) controls are, Forward = Thrust, Back = Transform, Left = Rotate anticlockwise, Right = Rotate clockwise, Fire 1 = Fire

Press the Console Pause Button to get passed the game over screen, I've changed the text from " Press Space " to " Press Pause "

I haven't been able to find H to pause or R to Unpause the game at the moment, hopefully these can be found and remapped to P.

Also you can quit the game with shift and Q but I haven't found that too yet, not that it's really needed unlike the pause option.

Urusergi

Quote from: Phantomz on 20:46, 05 April 16I haven't been able to find H to pause or R to Unpause the game at the moment, hopefully these can be found and remapped to P.
01 2C 00 CD C0 89 (2C is "H")
01 32 00 CD C0 89 (32 is "R")
you can use P to pause but not the same for unpause

Quote from: Phantomz on 20:46, 05 April 16Also you can quit the game with shift and Q but I haven't found that too yet, not that it's really needed unlike the pause option.
01 43 00 CD C0 89 (43 is "Q")

and you have to change this
01 15 00 CD C0 89
by this
C3 E7 1C CD C0 89

Phantomz

Quote from: Urusergi on 23:19, 05 April 16
01 2C 00 CD C0 89 (2C is "H")
01 32 00 CD C0 89 (32 is "R")
you can use P to pause but not the same for unpause
01 43 00 CD C0 89 (43 is "Q")

and you have to change this
01 15 00 CD C0 89
by this
C3 E7 1C CD C0 89

Thanks for that. :)

I've done some more work, I've made Joypad 1 Button 2 Pause, I've made Joypad 1 Button 1 Unpause.

I've made the Console Pause Button ( P ) Quit

Press Joypad 1 Button 1 to  get passed the game over screen, I've changed the text from " Press Space " to " Press Fire "

Because Joypad 1 Button 2 is now Pause and the Console Pause Button ( P ) is now quit, I've made it so those two keys / buttons can't be selected in the Redefine Keys option,

I didn't want people doing Q A O P SPACE on a plus machine and quiting the game everytime they pressed right.  :laugh: