News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Phantomz

Here is another shooter, it's a budget title called " Cobra Force "

I've done two versions of the game, both versions work fine on the GX4000

Version 1 is Best for GX4000 User.

Version 1 lets you use Joypad 1 Button 2 to Freeze the Enemies,
with the Console Button ( P ) being used to Pause the Game.

Version 2 is Best for PLUS User.

Version 2 lets you use Joypad 1 Button 2 to Pause the game,
with the Console Button ( P ) being used to Freeze the Enemies.

I did two versions as I think the first configurations is best for the GX4000, however this makes it hard to play with the Keyboard on the PLUS computer,
the reason being you would still need to press the second button on the joypad to freeze the enemies.

Both versions, Start the game with Joypad 1 Button 1, or Change Controls from Joystick to Keyboard with Joypad 1 Button 2.

Joypad 1 Button 1 will unpause the game on both versions.

I've made the game default to Joystick.  ;)

The Keys are now Q A U I and Space on Both versions.

Phantomz

@Urusergi  I need your help with a cngsoft game if you've the time, cheers  ;D

Sometime a go I did " Forgotten Worlds " It is a two player game, but we can only use 1 player at the moment on the GX4000 as the second player uses the Keyboard, Q A O P and Space.

I can find the keys for player 2 ok and change them in the winape debugger to use joypad 2, I just can't change them on the disk or cpr due to compression.

The game doesn't even have a redefine keys option or a option to select joystick for player 2.

I poked all the addresses in winape and added them to the poke database " Joystick for Player 2 " so I could turn the joystick on or off for player two ( nice little option because can't select joystick )  8)

I'm sure people could use the multiface two and then save the game if they want the joystick option.

The following addresses need to be changed.

05DA  05 TO 06
05DF  7F TO 67
05E6  08 TO 06
05EB  5F TO 47
05F2  6F TO 4F
05F9  04 TO 06
0605 03 TO 06

Hopefully you can sort out the cngsoft compression and change the above addresses, thanks.  ;)

Urusergi

Quote from: Phantomz on 23:02, 07 April 16
@Urusergi  I need your help with a cngsoft game if you've the time, cheers  ;D
No problem, here you are  ;)

Phantomz

Quote from: Urusergi on 16:10, 08 April 16
No problem, here you are  ;)

Nice one, thanks for that.  8)

It's a pain when compression gets in my way.  ;)

I just sorted out the trainer and the title screen on the disk again, so it's all sorted.

Phantomz

My C4CPC won't read the sd card anymore, just come's up " no card " I know it's not the micro sd  :'( Maybe it's had to work to hard bringing all these games.  :doh:

I've sent @gerald a pm so hopefully he will get back to me and I can get it repaired and get back to testing games out on the GX4000 with it.

Anyway on a positive note, I've done another game for you guys, this one is...... " 1943 "

The game defaults to Joystick, so I haven't remapped J for Joystick, I also haven't remapped K to redefine controls as you can't redefine some of the buttons joypad 2 uses anyway.
I do know the addresses of J and K if I want to change them later for any reason.

I've remapped SHIFT for Rolling to Joypad Button 2, I've also remapped ENTER for Smart Bomb to the Console Pause Button ( P ).

I've remapped all the Keys for Player 2 to Joypad 2, like I said you couldn't redefine them all, these are the same as Joypad 1, with Button 2 being used for Rolling.

I haven't got a key free for Player 2 for Smart Bombs, therefore I've had to also map this to the Console Pause Button ( P ).

The downside to this is you will both use a smart bomb at the same time, therefore only have half the amount of bombs.

On the upside, if player 2 collects any bombs ( I would think you get them as power up, but unsure as haven't played in years ) you will be able to use them, even if player 1 has none,
this is why I decided to do this.

It's the best I could do with what's available ( need more buttons )  ;)

Press Joypad 1, Button 1 for 1 Player, Button 2 for 2 Player

Phantomz

Well I've been in touch with Gerald about my " C4CPC " so hopefully he will see whats happened and get it back up and running for me.   ;D

Here is another game, this one is.... " 1942 "

Press Button 1 on Joypad 2 for a 1 Player game, Press Button 2 on Joypad 2 for a 2 Player game.

I've mapped the menu buttons to Joypad 2 instead of Joypad 1, because when I used Joypad 1, I would play the game and when I died from game over.

The game would just start over as if I pressed Button 1, maybe fire lags at game over.

Therefore I decided to map the buttons to Joypad 2.

I can't change the menu text, so just use the buttons I mentioned above.

You can Pause the game with the Console Pause Button, Unpause with Joypad 1 Button 1.

I've remapped 0 to Roll to Joypad 1 Button 2.

dragon

Who is the master can beat the 180 game levels with 8 lives ?.

:D

the kino & funo crack, is fixed by urusergi, The discover of fail, and patching game is mine.
P=pause
1 button pad 2 suicide.

1 and 2 are diferent fires, the 1 go in to the lift/sub the  two not.

Ewok

Hi,

Can Manic Miner and Jet Set Willy be configured to use the joypads? I downloaded the arcade classics pack but these games can not be used with a joypad. Is this possible? Would be very great.....

Thanks for answering my question.

Phantomz

@Urusergi  any chance you could do your magic again?  :D

I've done another game, but I don't think it likes the plus machine  :doh: , this one is " Road Runner "

I've patched the disk already, You can now start the game with the Console Pause Button ( P ).

You can turn the inbuilt cheat for infinite lives on / off with Joypad 1 Button 2 on the main screen.

I've left all the keys alone so it can still be played by a plus user, pause with console pause button ( P ) by default, Unpause with Joypad 1 Button 1 or space on the plus.

Hopefully you can make it plus friendly.  :D

Urusergi

Quote from: Phantomz on 18:00, 10 April 16
@Urusergi  any chance you could do your magic again?  :D

Yes! it's done  ;D

&01,&82,&F7,&ED,&49,&01,&C0,&F6,&ED,&49,&01,&0E,&F4,&ED,&49

by this:

&01,&0E,&F4,&ED,&49,&01,&C0,&F6,&ED,&49,&01,&00,&F6,&ED,&49

remax

Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

Quote from: Urusergi on 21:42, 10 April 16
Yes! it's done  ;D

&01,&82,&F7,&ED,&49,&01,&C0,&F6,&ED,&49,&01,&0E,&F4,&ED,&49

by this:

&01,&0E,&F4,&ED,&49,&01,&C0,&F6,&ED,&49,&01,&00,&F6,&ED,&49

Thanks again for the help.  8)

If it's not compression it's the plus keyboard problem.  :laugh:

Quote from: remax on 21:47, 10 April 16
Every cpr is upped.

Nice one.  :)

" Road Runner " it should work fine now  :D

dragon

Super skweek have a epic falil, put suicide in pad2 fire 1 when the game can be played by two players simultaneosly is not a good idea  :picard:

jajaja.

remax

Quote from: dragon on 12:31, 11 April 16
Super skweek have a epic falil, put suicide in pad2 fire 1 when the game can be played by two players simultaneosly is not a good idea  :picard:

jajaja.

As suicide is far more important than Pause, fix i with Suicide on P, no ?
Brain Radioactivity

dragon

Try these

Pause=P
suicide =p+fire 1 pad 1, ¿works?.

remax

Quote from: dragon on 14:20, 11 April 16
Try these

Pause=P
suicide =p+fire 1 pad 1, ¿works?.

Thanks !

I have yet to plug back my GX4000, i'll test it this evening if i have time
Brain Radioactivity

dragon

Quote from: remax on 14:52, 11 April 16

Thanks !

I have yet to plug back my GX4000, i'll test it this evening if i have time

Better this, it have a fix from urusergui to the pause intermittent, and i add a little cheat to add 99 lives-1(1 is  for hades paid:).

Oh is activated with three keys find it :) .

Phantomz

I've just been having a mess about on " Renegade " it's would be so much better if you could play just with the joypad.  :doh:

I'm not keen on the nunchuck controls really, as I find them a little awkward but it's the only option available to us, unless you want to try my new version.

I've tried to make the game playable with just the 1 Joypad, it works but it feels a little awkward still ( I personal prefer it ) , people might like it as another option though.

I've remapped ESC to the Console Pause Button ( P ) so you use this on the main screen to select Music, FX or Music/FX.

The Console Pause Button will also Pause the game, any button to Unpause, if you press the console pause button again whilst paused you will quit the game.

The Blood will change from Blue to Red after you pause the game.

I've remapped the left cursor to Joypad 1 Button 1 and the right cursor to Joypad 1 Button 2, I've remapped the down cursor to Joypad 1 Up.

You can still move around with the Joypad, but if you push up, you will jump before you move, whenever I try and move I normally move down first to sort of get safe then push up,
or you could try holding down button 1 before you push to move up.

Phantomz

I've done a new version of " Exolon :)

This version has a fully working Trainer so no need for a separate poked version.

The high score table is no longer maxed out, I've redefined the return / enter key to Joy 1 Fire 1 ( onscreen text also changed to show this ).

You can now select the main menu options with Button 1 and 2 on Joypad 1 instead of Joypad 2.

You can now Pause the game with the Console Pause Button ( P ) , unpause with any button / key.

The game now defaults to Joypad 1 with Button 2 being used to jump, redefine if you want up for jump.   8)

Urusergi

Finally I had a bit of free time to fix this game:

<<<<< SKWEEK >>>>>

Joy2 B1 -> Suicide (To start the level again).
Joy2 B2 -> Quit the Game.
Joy2 UP -> Music ON/OFF and change music.
Joy2 DOWN -> Sound effects ON/OFF.
P -> Pause

Phantomz

I'm trying to do the " Cybernoid " games next.  :)

I've pretty much got them sorted, just having trouble finding the 1 to 5 in Cybernoid and the 1 to 7 in Cybernoid II for weapon select.

For Cybernoid I need to map 1 to Joypad 1 button 2, 2 to Joypad 2 Up, 3 to Joypad 2 Left, 4 to Joypad Right, 5 to Joypad 2 Down

For Cybernoid II I need to map 1 to Joypad 1 button 2, 2 to Joypad 2 Up, 3 to Joypad 2 Left, 4 to Joypad Right, 5 to Joypad 2 Down, 6 to Joypad 2 Button 1, 7 to Joypad 2 Button 2.

So far, I've remapped The Menu Buttons to Joypad 1 Buttons 1 and 2 and the Console Pause Button ( for option 3 ).

I've changed O and P to K and L, I've changed Control and P for Pause to Just P to Pause.

The High Score table can be passed by Pressing Joypad 1 Fire 1 ( onscreen text also changed to show this ).

The game defaults to Joystick in both games, I have however remapped the Cheat for Infinite Lives to the Joystick keys, just redefine the controls to Joystick Left, Right, Up, and Fire to Activate (sound should sound).

I've also worked on the plus patched version of Cybernoid II  I've removed the Trainer as it doesn't appear to work, I've done it all the same as the normal Cybernoid II so hopefully the weapon keys will work the same with this version.

I have run into a small problem with this version too, I can't find the space button to get passed the title screen.   ::)

Urusergi

Quote from: Phantomz on 02:03, 16 April 16Maybe @Urusergi can help finish them off.  ;D
Yes, here you go  ;)

Phantomz

Quote from: Urusergi on 14:22, 16 April 16
Yes, here you go  ;)

Thanks for that, that's sorted out the title screen, I didn't realize it needed one of the overscan title screen fixes, no wonder I couldn't find it.  :doh:

Still need to find all the weapon select keys.  ???

Phantomz

I've done a version of " Renegade " that uses 2 Joysticks, you might want to use this version if you've got a couple of good joysticks with suction cups.  :)

You might even want to make some sort of joystick controller that uses both joystick ports.   ;)

I've mapped the attack keys to joystick 2, so left and right is attack, down with left or right to jump attack.

Everything else is the same as before, P to select options on Main Menu, also to Pause the Game, Pausing game activates Red Blood.

Poked version with Infinite Lives and Time included again.

I hope it helps some people play the game.  ;D

Urusergi

Quote from: Phantomz on 14:33, 16 April 16Still need to find all the weapon select keys.  ???

Ok, it's done  ;D

BOMBS -> Joy1 B2
TIME BOMBS -> Joy2 B1
DEFENCE SHIELD -> Joy2 B2
BOUNCE BOMBS -> Joy2 up
SEEKER -> Joy2 Down
SMART -> Joy2 left
TRACER -> Joy2 right