News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Phantomz

Quote from: Urusergi on 15:51, 16 April 16
Ok, it's done  ;D

BOMBS -> Joy1 B2
TIME BOMBS -> Joy2 B1
DEFENCE SHIELD -> Joy2 B2
BOUNCE BOMBS -> Joy2 up
SEEKER -> Joy2 Down
SMART -> Joy2 left
TRACER -> Joy2 right

Thanks for that.  ;D

dcdrac

Once again thank you to all of you doing this wonderful work

Phantomz

Quote from: dcdrac on 17:41, 16 April 16
Once again thank you to all of you doing this wonderful work

You're welcome  :D

Ok " Cybernoid " all done too  8)

1 = Bombs > Joy1 B2
2 = Mines > Joy2 B1
3 = Shield > Joy2 B2
4 = Bounce > Joy 2 UP
5 = Seeker > Joy 2 DOWN

TFM

Quote from: Phantomz on 17:45, 16 April 16
You're welcome  :D

Ok " Cybernoid " all done too  8)

1 = Bombs > Joy1 B2
2 = Mines > Joy2 B1
3 = Shield > Joy2 B2
4 = Bounce > Joy UP
5 = Seeker > Joy DOWN

WoW! You really got into that!!!  :) :) :)  One day I have to download all your great conversions and get the GX4000 going.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Phantomz

Quote from: TFM on 17:59, 16 April 16

WoW! You really got into that!!!  :) :) :)  One day I have to download all your great conversions and get the GX4000 going.  :)

I hope you do  :D

I'm like you, I can play these games on the 6128 or the 6128 plus, but it does feel nice being able to play them on the GX4000 too.  8)

xenon

Quote from: Urusergi on 22:00, 15 April 16
Finally I had a bit of free time to fix this game:

<<<<< SKWEEK >>>>>

Joy2 B1 -> Suicide (To start the level again).
Joy2 B2 -> Quit the Game.
Joy2 UP -> Music ON/OFF and change music.
Joy2 DOWN -> Sound effects ON/OFF.
P -> Pause

Great :) Did you see what happens on Galaxy Force also?

Thanks for your great work!  :)

Regards,

Salva

Phantomz

@Urusergi  I need some help with another game if you've got the time, Cheers  ;D

I'm trying to do " Rambo III " I think we will need to use the cngsoft version for the game to load properly.

I've found all the keys to remap, it's the compression that is getting in the way again.  :doh:

The following need changing if you've got the time.  :)

MENU

1 = 3A FE 14 E6 01      CHANGE TO   3A FF 14 E6 10      JOYPAD 1 FIRE 1
2 = 3A FE 14 E6 02      CHANGE TO   3A FF 14 E6 20      JOYPAD 1 FIRE 2
3 = 3A FD 14 E6 02     CHANGE TO    3A F9 14 E6 08      CONSOLE PAUSE BUTTON

( Need to change text, 3 to P )

DEFAULT CONTROLS

3A FE 14 E6 08 C9 3A FE 14 E6 20 C9 3A FA 14 E6 04 C9 3A F9 14 E6 08 C9 3A FB 14 E6 80 C9 3A FA 14 E6 01 = DEFAULT

CHANGE TO THESE, JOYPAD 1 WITH CONSOLE PAUSE BUTTON TO PAUSE.

3A FF 14 E6 01 C9 3A FF 14 E6 02 C9 3A FF 14 E6 04 C9 3A FF 14 E6 08 C9 3A FF 14 E6 10 C9 3A F9 14 E6 08 = JOYSTICK

EXTRA NEEDED CONTROLS

K            = 3A FA 14 E6 20      CHANGE TO   3A FC 14 E6 10           JOYPAD 2 BUTTON 1     PICK UP OBJECT / SWAP OBJECT WITH INVENTORY
ENTER    = 3A F8 14 E6 04       CHANGE TO   3A FC 14 E6 01           JOYPAD 2 UP               INVENTORY SCREEN
H           = 3A FB 14 E6 10       CHANGE TO   3A FF 14 E6 20           JOYPAD 1 BUTTON 2     CHANGE WEAPON
J            = 3A FB 14 E6 20       CHANGE TO   3A FC 14 E6 02           JOYPAD 2 DOWN          SCROLL INVENTORY
L            = 3A FA 14 E6 10       CHANGE TO   3A FC 14 E6 20           JOYPAD 2 BUTTON 2     USE OBJECT

Thanks  :D

dragon

Quote from: Phantomz on 16:06, 18 April 16
@Urusergi  I need some help with another game if you've got the time, Cheers  ;D

I'm trying to do " Rambo III " I think we will need to use the cngsoft version for the game to load properly.

I've found all the keys to remap, it's the compression that is getting in the way again.  :doh:

The following need changing if you've got the time.  :)

MENU

1 = 3A FE 14 E6 01      CHANGE TO   3A FF 14 E6 10      JOYPAD 1 FIRE 1
2 = 3A FE 14 E6 02      CHANGE TO   3A FF 14 E6 20      JOYPAD 1 FIRE 2
3 = 3A FD 14 E6 02     CHANGE TO    3A F9 14 E6 08      CONSOLE PAUSE BUTTON

( Need to change text, 3 to P )

DEFAULT CONTROLS

3A FE 14 E6 08 C9 3A FE 14 E6 20 C9 3A FA 14 E6 04 C9 3A F9 14 E6 08 C9 3A FB 14 E6 80 C9 3A FA 14 E6 01 = DEFAULT

CHANGE TO THESE, JOYPAD 1 WITH CONSOLE PAUSE BUTTON TO PAUSE.

3A FF 14 E6 01 C9 3A FF 14 E6 02 C9 3A FF 14 E6 04 C9 3A FF 14 E6 08 C9 3A FF 14 E6 10 C9 3A F9 14 E6 08 = JOYSTICK

EXTRA NEEDED CONTROLS

K            = 3A FA 14 E6 20      CHANGE TO   3A FC 14 E6 10           JOYPAD 2 BUTTON 1     PICK UP OBJECT / SWAP OBJECT WITH INVENTORY
ENTER    = 3A F8 14 E6 04       CHANGE TO   3A FC 14 E6 01           JOYPAD 2 UP               INVENTORY SCREEN
H           = 3A FB 14 E6 10       CHANGE TO   3A FF 14 E6 20           JOYPAD 1 BUTTON 2     CHANGE WEAPON
J            = 3A FB 14 E6 20       CHANGE TO   3A FC 14 E6 02           JOYPAD 2 DOWN          SCROLL INVENTORY
L            = 3A FA 14 E6 10       CHANGE TO   3A FC 14 E6 20           JOYPAD 2 BUTTON 2     USE OBJECT

Thanks  :D

¿You have complete the game first?.Before asking help urusergi test the game first if is cngsoft. It appears cngsoft not test the games when he compact her to the finish, and sometimes you can patch a game and then found the game is innacabable.And then all work is for nothing.

And now sure you are asking  why i tell this yo you. Thats for two reasons, the rescue to atlantis case, and skweek case that you are stuck in the level 18. :).

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 18:25, 18 April 16
¿You have complete the game first?.Before asking help urusergi test the game first if is cngsoft. It appears cngsoft not test the games when he compact her to the finish, and sometimes you can patch a game and then found the game is innacabable.And then all work is for nothing.

And now sure you are asking  why i tell this yo you. Thats for two reasons, the rescue to atlantis case, and skweek case that you are stuck in the level 18. :).

I haven't completed the game to test it out no, hopefully it will work ok, I'll have to try it out, hopefully it's not to much work to uncompress the game and make my changes.

I haven't got time to play a game all the way through to see if it can be completed, the time would be taken away from trying to remap the keys then, it's a gamble at the end of the day!

I understand what you mean about doing all the work if it's for nothing, I will be disappointed if we can't get the game to work, but I'll stay positive and think " it gave me more practice finding the keys ",
as you know a lot of these games use different methods for the key mapping and there isn't any easy way to do it, therefore the more I do the more I know what to look for.  ;)

I originaly worked on the XOR version, but that doesn't work when converted to cart due to how it loads, the cngsoft version appears to load the levels but I can't remap the keys in that version to test due to compression.

dragon

If it not work when you pass to cpr, probably it use direct access disk. (its mean it not use the firmware calls to load files.) So it needs the laser squad type patch, he have a lot more work that the other option.

So yes, the cngsoft.

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 20:05, 18 April 16
If it not work when you pass to cpr, probably it use direct access disk. (its mean it not use the firmware calls to load files.) So it needs the laser squad type patch, he have a lot more work that the other option.

So yes, the cngsoft.

I agree, we need the cngsoft version doing, hopefully @Urusergi can make the changes I made if the cngsoft version works ok.

It's a shame that nocart doesn't or can't support direct access disk.  :'(

I've done another game with the same problem  :doh:

I've done " Renegade III - The Final Chapter " yes I know it's crap  :laugh: but I thought I'd finish the set for the GX4000  :P

It the same problem as " Rambo 3 " it doesn't work when converted to cart and I can't work with the cngsoft version again due to compression.

The following needs changing.

MENU

1 = 3A FE D6 E6 01   CHANGE TO   3A FF D6 E6 10      
2 = 3A FE D6 E6 02   CHANGE TO   3A FF D6 E6 20
3 = 3A FD D6 E6 02   CHANGE TO   3A FF D6 E6 04
4 = 3A FD D6 E6 01   CHANGE TO   3A FF D6 E6 08

CHANGE 3 AND 4 TEXT TO < AND >

CONTROLS

3A FE D6 E6 08 C9 3A FE D6 E6 20 C9 3A FA D6 E6 04 C9 3A F9 D6 E6 08 C9 3A FB D6 E6 80 C9 3A FA D6 E6 01 = DEFAULT

3A FF D6 E6 01 C9 3A FF D6 E6 02 C9 3A FF D6 E6 04 C9 3A FF D6 E6 08 C9 3A FF D6 E6 10 C9 3A F9 D6 E6 08 = JOYPAD 1 AND P

Phantomz

Quote from: zeropolis79 on 21:28, 08 June 15
How about Gazza 2?

@zeropolis79

Here is " Gazza II 8)

Well this was a hard one for me, been looking at it for ages, I guess the more you do, the more you learn as I have now found where the " O " is for the options.

I've managed to change it so the game stops at the title screen until you press fire ( looks better )  ;D

I've left all the keys alone as haven't had chance to look for them, however I don't think I need to as you can select both Joypads in the options menu.

The game defaults to P for pause so that's ok at the moment, the only thing that may need to be done is map ESC to quit to P then remap Pause to maybe Fire button 2 on the joypads.

Not sure if I'll be able to do that as the game already uses both fire buttons and this game was tricky for me to do.

So we now have " Gazza II " on the GX4000 , it might not be the enhanced version, but it's better than nothing, enjoy.  8)

UPDATE

I've just made it default to Joypad 1 for Player 1.  8)

It originally default's to both players controlled by the computer, I did this incase you wanted to start straight away or if you pressed fire by mistake.

There is no ESC on the GX4000 so you would have needed to reload the game.

I've also done a version that displays " PRESS FIRE TO PLAY " on the title screen if people would prefer that.  :D

Urusergi

Quote from: Phantomz on 16:06, 18 April 16

Here you have, sir  8)

Phantomz

Quote from: Urusergi on 14:37, 20 April 16
Here you have, sir  8)

Nice One  8) Thanks again  ;D

Glad you got it sorted so my work wasn't a waste of time, hopefully the game will play ok.

I know dragon  had trouble with a couple of his games cngsoft games.  :'(

The " Rambo III " cpr is here.  :D

JOYPAD 1 TO PLAY, PAUSE WITH CONSOLE PAUSE BUTTON.

JOYPAD 1 BUTTON 2   CHANGE WEAPON
JOYPAD 2 BUTTON 1   PICK UP OBJECT / SWAP OBJECT WITH INVENTORY
JOYPAD 2 BUTTON 2   USE OBJECT
JOYPAD 2 UP              INVENTORY SCREEN
JOYPAD 2 DOWN         SCROLL INVENTORY

Hopefully we can get the amazing " Renegade 3 — The Final Chapter " working too.  :laugh: Well it will finish the set.  ;)

Thanks again.  8)

dragon

1 left 2 right 3 down 4 up.

P=pause pad 1 reset. To pass between level is neccesary reset the console. When level is finished it begins from begining.

Enjoy the four layer paralax.

xenon

Quote from: dragon on 16:21, 21 April 16
1 left 2 right 3 down 4 up.

P=pause pad 1 reset. To pass between level is neccesary reset the console. When level is finished it begins from begining.

Enjoy the four layer paralax.

What a outstanding game :-) Thanks!!  :)

Regards,

Salva

Urusergi

Quote from: Phantomz on 16:39, 19 April 16I've done another game with the same problem  :doh:

I've done " Renegade III - The Final Chapter " yes I know it's crap  :laugh: but I thought I'd finish the set for the GX4000  :P

It the same problem as " Rambo 3 " it doesn't work when converted to cart and I can't work with the cngsoft version again due to compression.

... and the other one  :P

Phantomz

Quote from: Urusergi on 15:08, 22 April 16
... and the other one  :P

Thanks again  8

I'm glad that my work wasn't a waste of time again.  ;D

Phantomz

Ok, I've been hard at work, updating a game I did sometime ago.  ;D

The game is " The Way Of The Exploding Fist " the old version was one player only as player 2 needed the keyboard.

I have now made it possible to play both players with the Joypads, so you can now have 2 player games.  8)

The moves can be found here;

PictureZoom v2.1

The new version also comes with a working trainer, you can also see a different loading screen ( colours ) if you press joypad 2 button 2 when it's displayed.

Use Joypad 1 Button 2 to change from 1 or 2 players, Use Joypad 1 Button 1 to start game, quit game with the console pause button.

I hope you enjoy it as it took sometime to do.   8)

Urusergi

<<<<< Wanderer 3D >>>>>

3D/Mono -> Joy2 B1
Quit -> Joy2 B2
Pause -> P
Speed Up -> Joy2 Up
Speed Down -> Joy 2 Down
Fast Turn -> Joy1 B2 + Direction

I need 3D glasses urgently!!!!  :P

Phantomz

I've just done " The Way Of The Exploding Fist+ :)

I've changed the level select ( backgrounds ) text to English, remapped the buttons to joypad 1.

Remapped all the controls the same as the original " The Way Of The Exploding Fist " that I converted.

dcdrac

We should get a whip round for all this work

Urusergi

Quote from: Phantomz on 00:55, 23 April 16
The cart is here but it's still not playable on the gx4000 as I can't work out how to get rid / bypass the Chany Intro:doh:

Keyboard plus fixed in cracktro + Joy1 B1, so your magic is needed again.

Phantomz

Quote from: Urusergi on 23:10, 23 April 16
Keyboard plus fixed in cracktro + Joy1 B1, so your magic is needed again.

Thanks for the plus keyboard fix.  ;)

My Magic is done.  8)

The new versions are in my next post.  ;)

||C|-|E||

I have a question Phantomz!  :D

Do you think that it would be possible to adapt Tetris 95?  :) It is quite a cool Tetris clone, but does not work with the pad, as far as I found  :)

Thanks!!