News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon

Quote from: xenon on 09:16, 22 April 16
What a outstanding game :-) Thanks!!  :)

Regards,

Salva

We have  are very good spanish games here in the 80's :). But normally are unkown outside spain. Or hated because the dificulty.

Phantomz

Quote from: ||C|-|E|| on 11:16, 24 April 16
I have a question Phantomz!  :D

Do you think that it would be possible to adapt Tetris 95?  :) It is quite a cool Tetris clone, but does not work with the pad, as far as I found  :)

Thanks!!

I'll have a look but I can't do every game I try, I see so many ways the keys are mapped, but still can't do them all, maybe the other guys can check it out too.  :D

Just done a last tidy up to the " The Way Of The Exploding Fist " games, I didn't like how some of the keys could still be press on the keyboard, like there was no need to select keyboard option
with the TAB key as you can only use the joypads, so deactivated it, also I had to deactivate keyboard T and G because needed for Joypad 2, this left keys like B or N working for Player 1, so I've deactivated them.

Phantomz

Here is another fighting game " Usagi Yojimbo / Samurai Warrior ".  8)

Use Joypad 1 for Trainer, Button 1 for Yes, Button 2 for No.

Use Joypad 2 and Console Pause Button ( P ) for Main Menu.

Don't forget to change from Practice to Game with option 1 when ready to play properly.  ;)

Pause with Console Pause Button, any button to Unpause.

Keep pressing the console pause button ( P ) or any button on Joypad 2 to get passed highscore table.  ;D

Phantomz

Nothing new from me today.  ::)

I did have a look at " Emlyn Hughes International Soccer " as I know people wanted this in the past but you need to enter your name to play the game, so it hasn't been converted.

It should be possible to get this game up and running, but it will need a plus keyboard fix by the look of things, I couldn't move the cursor in MESS Emulator, when I tried it, maybe @Urusergi could take a look.  8)  :D

In Winape, Enter is FE 0D @ 241D it can be changed to FE 50 then you can, enter your names with Joypad 2 for Example, change COMPUTER to RRRRRRRR ( left ) and TTTTTTTT ( right ) then
press the Console Pause Button ( P ) to Enter.  ;D

I believe the rest of the needed buttons for pause etc are located around @ 5650 in winape.

I'm not sure what to change these to as they are a little different to what I've change in the past.

I would like SHIFT to Pause / Unpause mapped to Joypad 1 Button 2 , Maybe also B for the Menu, when ball is out of Play.

Maybe SPACE to skip the sequences where players are running on or off the pitch, or back to their positions after a goal is scored to Joypad 2 Button 2.

Maybe V when the game is paused to terminate the current half prematurely to the Console Pause Button.

This would leave out Press T to abort the game, but I think this is the best option to leave as you could press V twice to quit the game, if you know what I mean.  ;D

I've got it so you can test it out in Winape, like I said it won't work in MESS emulator or GX4000 due to the plus keyboard.   ::)

Like I said I'm not sure what to change the keys too, but I've got it so you can enter your names like I said above.

Also you can pause and unpause the game with F ( joypad 2 button 2 ) also press the same button when the ball is out of play for the menu ( was B )

I was trying to find Button 2 on Joypad 1 instead of Joypad 2 Button 2  ( F ) but finding it a little tricky at the moment, as it stands it would work on the gx4000 if the plus keyboard wasn't a problem.

I changed

05 5F 5F E6 1F 32 D9 49 7B E6 C0 5F 0E 45 CD 05 5F E6 80 07 B3 5F 0E 42 CD 05 5F E6 20 B3 5F 0E 48 CD 05 5F E6 04 B3 32 9C 49 C1 ED 49 01 82 F7 ED 49 ED 7B 38 53 FB 3A 9C 49 E6 20 3A 08 4A 28

to

05 5F 5F E6 1F 32 D9 49 7B E6 C0 5F 0E 45 CD 06 5F E6 80 07 B3 5F 0E 42 CD 08 5F E6 20 B3 5F 0E 48 CD 05 5F E6 04 B3 32 9C 49 C1 ED 49 01 82 F7 ED 49 ED 7B 38 53 FB 3A 9C 49 E6 20 3A 08 4A 28

To get F to work for Pause / Unpause and the Menu out of play, So the game should be doable.  ;D

I also made it stop on the loading screen, just press fire to pass.

zeropolis79

Thanks for doing Gazza 2 - but the main problem now is that in desperate need for funds, I sold both my GX4000 and C4CPC...

remax

Ok i'll try to test emlyn tomorrow
Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

Quote from: zeropolis79 on 22:45, 25 April 16
Thanks for doing Gazza 2 - but the main problem now is that in desperate need for funds, I sold both my GX4000 and C4CPC...

You're welcome, sorry you had to sell your GX4000 and C4CPC, you never know, you might get another in the future, who knows!  :)

Quote from: remax on 22:45, 25 April 16
Ok i'll try to test emlyn tomorrow

Likr I said, I believe it needs a PLUS keyboard fix, it won't work in MESS or on my GX4000.

You can use my TEST version from above to play the game in winape, just change two teams, click on COMPUTER and change it to something like RRRRRRRR and TTTTTTTT for example with Joypad left and right and Enter with P  ;)

Then start a friendly, both sets off joypad keys work, so both pads will be supported on the GX4000 if the plus keyboard gets sorted.

Pause and unpause with Joypad 2 Button 2, F, this also replaces B, so press it when Ball is out of play for the menu screen.  ;)

Urusergi

Quote from: Phantomz on 20:33, 25 April 16It should be possible to get this game up and running, but it will need a plus keyboard fix by the look of things, I couldn't move the cursor in MESS Emulator, when I tried it, maybe @Urusergi could take a look.  8) :D
Plus keyboard fix was particularly complicated in this game  8)
Quote from: Phantomz on 23:34, 25 April 16Likr I said, I believe it needs a PLUS keyboard fix, it won't work in MESS or on my GX4000.
True, but it's solved

Phantomz

Quote from: Urusergi on 23:47, 25 April 16
Plus keyboard fix was particularly complicated in this game  8) True, but it's solved

I thought it might be complicated, is hard to find how to map the buttons how I want them.  ???

At least I've got the enter key and pause / unpause and menu when ball kicked out of play sorted to joypad 2 button 2 for the time being to make the game playable

The plus keyboard problem is sorted to start with, but when the ball is kicked out of play and you press the menu key, B or the game ends, you can't move the arrow.  :doh:

Urusergi

Quote from: Phantomz on 01:26, 26 April 16The plus keyboard problem is sorted to start with, but when the ball is kicked out of play and you press the menu key, B or the game ends, you can't move the arrow.  :doh:
And now?

Phantomz

Quote from: Urusergi on 15:58, 26 April 16
And now?

Nice one, that looks like it did the trick.  8)

The buttons still need to mapped properly if possible, but this is one of those tricky ones.  ::)

SHIFT to Pause / Unpause needs mapping to Joypad 1 Button 2

B for the Menu, when ball is out of Play needs mapping to Joypad 1 Button 2 ( think this is best choice ? )

SPACE to skip the sequences where players are running on or off the pitch, or back to their positions after a goal is scored to needs mapping to Joypad 2 Button 2.

V when the game is paused to terminate the current half prematurely needs mapping to the Console Pause Button.

At the moment, I have only managed to remap, pause / unpause and b when out of play  ( to get menu ) to joypad 2 Button 2 ( F )

With the Enter remapped to the console pause button ( P ) at least you can play, and have a two player game.  :D

remax

Quote from: Phantomz on 16:49, 26 April 16
Nice one, that looks like it did the trick.  8)

The buttons still need to mapped properly if possible, but this is one of those tricky ones.  ::)

SHIFT to Pause / Unpause needs mapping to Joypad 1 Button 2

B for the Menu, when ball is out of Play needs mapping to Joypad 1 Button 2 ( think this is best choice ? )

SPACE to skip the sequences where players are running on or off the pitch, or back to their positions after a goal is scored to needs mapping to Joypad 2 Button 2.

V when the game is paused to terminate the current half prematurely needs mapping to the Console Pause Button.

At the moment, I have only managed to remap, pause / unpause and b when out of play  ( to get menu ) to joypad 2 Button 2 ( F )

With the Enter remapped to the console pause button ( P ) at least you can play, and have a two player game.  :D

The cart is here....

Yeah, it work fine. tested on my GX4000, i played (and won) a Level 10 cup.

Of course, all the other enhancement would be really nice.
Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

OK, I've been hard at work today  :D

I've done two footie games.  8)

The first one is " Microprose Soccer "

Select Joystick to use Joypad 1, Select Keyboard 1 to use Joypad 2

Pause with Console Pause Button, Unpause with Joypad 1 Button 1, Whilst Paused, press Joypad 1 Button 2 to Quit game back to Menu Screen.

I've remapped Keyboard 2 to Q A U I and Space for PLUS Users.

The second game is " Italy 1990 "

I had trouble with the XOR cracktro at the beginning, couldn't find space to pass it, figured out how to bypass it though.  ;D

I've remapped the Menus to Joypad 1, I've remapped the Keyboard to Joypad 2 Keys.

Player 1 uses keyboard by default, player 2 uses joystick / joypad 1.

I've made the game default to use both Joypads, Joypad 1 Button 2 is pause / unpause.

Quit game with the console pause button.

Gryzor

Hey guys,

Just to alert you to the fact that this thread here is the most liked ever in the history of the forum (well, after installing the Likes system at least) and the second-biggest thread ever (quite a long way behind the eBay one, tho): CPCWiki forum - Statistics Center

dragon

fire 1 accelerate
fire 2 stop
up change gear
p pause
fire 1 pad 2 abandon.

Johnny Olsen

Quote from: Gryzor on 14:33, 28 April 16
Hey guys,

Just to alert you to the fact that this thread here is the most liked ever in the history of the forum (well, after installing the Likes system at least) and the second-biggest thread ever (quite a long way behind the eBay one, tho): CPCWiki forum - Statistics Center

And I see that Bryce is number one liked users, which is deserved

Phantomz

Quote from: Phantomz on 19:51, 28 December 15
" Equinox ".

Use Joypad 2 and the console Pause Button for the Menu options.

I haven't had much free time so couldn't find pause to remap, just redefine controls to Joypad 2 and pause if you want pause to work.  ;)

UPDATE

I had another look at this, I've now sorted it, you can now use pause without redefining controls first.  :D

Equinox

Joypad 2 and the Console Pause Button for Main Menu

Use Joypad 1 Button 2 to Pause the Game, Any button to Unpause.

I've also remapped Quit to the Console Pause Button.

Because the Console Pause Button ( P ) is now quit, I've remapped O and P to U and I by default for Plus Users.

Urusergi

Quote from: Phantomz on 16:49, 26 April 16The buttons still need to mapped properly if possible, but this is one of those tricky ones.  ::)
What do you think about this rearrangement?:
    ORG &563D
    INC B
    LD A,&92
    OUT (C),A

LD C,&46
    CALL &5F05
    AND &3F
    LD (&49D9),A    ;Joy2
    AND &20
    RLCA
    LD E,A        ;Tecla B -> Joy2 B2

LD C,&49
    CALL &5F05
    AND &3F
    LD (&49D8),A    ;Joy1
    AND &20
    RLCA
    RLCA
    OR E
    LD E,A        ;Tecla V -> Joy1 B2
    RLCA
    OR E
    LD E,A        ;Tecla Space ->Joy1 B2

LD C,&43
    CALL &5F05
    AND &08        ;Tecla Shift -> P
    RLCA
    RLCA
    OR E
    LD E,A

LD C,&48
    CALL &5F05
    AND &04        ;Tecla ESC
    OR E
    LD (&499C),A
    NOP
    NOP
    NOP
    NOP

Phantomz

Quote from: Urusergi on 22:23, 28 April 16
What do you think about this rearrangement?:

I think that's great  ;) Nice Work  8)

Emlyn Hughes

I've just converted to cpr and changed the Console Pause Button for Enter for the name entering.

click on COMPUTER and change it to something like RRRRRRRR and TTTTTTTT for example with Joypad left and right and Enter with P  ;)

Press Joypad 1 Button 2 to skip the sequences where players are running on or off the pitch, or back to their positions after a goal is scored. 

Press Joypad 2 Button 2 whilst the game is paused and the ball out of play (for a throw-on, corner,goal-kick or penalty) the menu screen will appear.
Menu selections that are unavailable during a game are shown in italics.

Press ESC ( for Plus Users ) to abort the game.

Press Joypad 1 Button 2 when the game is paused to terminate the current half prematurely.

Pause and unpause with the Console Pause Button.

khaz

Hi, can I ask for a controller patch for 1942?
Currently both joystick buttons shoot, and 0, 1, 2, 3 and 4 on the keyboard roll.
If someone could make it so that the button 2 rolls instead of 4, it would be great.

Here is the original non-hacked game (from cpc-power)
[attachurl=2]

Phantomz

Quote from: khaz on 15:24, 29 April 16
Hi, can I ask for a controller patch for 1942?
Currently both joystick buttons shoot, and 0, 1, 2, 3 and 4 on the keyboard roll.
If someone could make it so that the button 2 rolls instead of 4, it would be great.

Here is the original non-hacked game (from cpc-power)
[attachurl=2]

I don't know what you mean?  ???

I made it so Button 2 is used for Rolls and I tested the cart and it works fine.

Quote from: Phantomz on 19:31, 09 April 16
Here is another game, this one is.... " 1942 "

Press Button 1 on Joypad 2 for a 1 Player game, Press Button 2 on Joypad 2 for a 2 Player game.

I've mapped the menu buttons to Joypad 2 instead of Joypad 1, because when I used Joypad 1, I would play the game and when I died from game over.

The game would just start over as if I pressed Button 1, maybe fire lags at game over.

Therefore I decided to map the buttons to Joypad 2.

I can't change the menu text, so just use the buttons I mentioned above.

You can Pause the game with the Console Pause Button, Unpause with Joypad 1 Button 1.

I've remapped 0 to Roll to Joypad 1 Button 2.

The game is available here.  :)

Button 2 will Fire too when you run out of Rolls  ;)

The cart that I did is here and works fine.

If you mean you wanted it changing on disk, then you should of said as this is the converted to cpr thread.  ;)

khaz

Dammit I should have checked that.

Yes, I wanted the change on disc, thanks for your time!

remax

Quote from: dragon on 14:20, 11 April 16Try thesePause=Psuicide =p+fire 1 pad 1, ¿works?.

It doesn't work, it just flash red but don't kill us

Quote from: dragon on 15:45, 11 April 16
Better this, it have a fix from urusergui to the pause intermittent, and i add a little cheat to add 99 lives-1(1 is  for hades paid:).

Oh is activated with three keys find it :) .

Didn't found it!
Brain Radioactivity

remax

Brain Radioactivity

dragon

Quote from: remax on 21:48, 29 April 16

It doesn't work, it just flash red but don't kill us

Didn't found it!

Try more times, and maybe better press keys at the same. In the emulator at least work(but sometime not at the first).

Is p+fire1 pad1 and fire1 pad2 to 99 lives. You suicide and return with 98 lives.