News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Phantomz

Quote from: remax on 23:27, 29 April 16
All missing carts uploaded.

@remax
Thanks for keeping it up to date.  ;)

I don't think the link to " Ivan 'Ironman' Stewart's Super Off Road.rar " is working as it's in red, also " Usagi Yojimbo.rar " isn't lining up in the right place on the page for some reason.

remax

Quote from: Phantomz on 01:48, 30 April 16
@remax
Thanks for keeping it up to date.  ;)

I don't think the link to " Ivan 'Ironman' Stewart's Super Off Road.rar " is working as it's in red, also " Usagi Yojimbo.rar " isn't lining up in the right place on the page for some reason.

Fixed

If someone is bored and out of idea, here is a great game with a keyboard reassignation to do : tennis 3d &copy loriciels (1986)
Brain Radioactivity

dragon

So skweek finally works of not?.

I think the best tennis game are emilio sanchez vicario grand slam.He have speech, and different shots styles

Phantomz

Quote from: remax on 10:43, 30 April 16
If someone is bored and out of idea, here is a great game with a keyboard reassignation to do : tennis 3d &copy loriciels (1986)

I've had a look at this, I can find all the keys needed to be changed in winape, but the game won't load when I make the changes to the disk / cart, I believe this is down to how the game is called?

Maybe @Urusergi  or @dragon could take a look too, like I said, I've found all the keys that need changing, the player control keys don't need changing as both joypads appear to work.  :)

I was working with the " Pro Tennis (UK) (1986) " disk from CPC-POWER

I've found the following and they need changing.

First Menu

I @ 2F23  CHANGE TO  4A   LEFT  <
C @ 2F31  CHANGE TO  4B    RIGHT  >
SPACE @ 2E72   CHANGE TO  4D     BUTTON 2
ENTER @ 2AF1  CHANGE  TO  4C     BUTTON 1

Main Menu

ENTER TO START ON MENU SCREEN @ 32B8      4D   BUTTON 2  ( Use Button 2 as Button 1 Selects Options )
Pause Button and Unpause Button  Start and Stop the Scroll.

DEL = PAUSE @ 1033     CHNAGE TO  4D  BUTTON 2
DEL = UNPAUSE     @ 104C  CHANGE TO  4D  BUTTON 2

CTRL / ESC = QUIT GAME, CTRL    @ 1012  AND  ESC @ 1018    CHANGE BOTH TO 1B  CONSOLE PAUSE BUTTON.

The text will need changing, I to < and C to > also ENTER to FIRE1, SPACE FIRE2 etc.

Hopefully we can get these changes made to the disk / cart.  ;D

dragon

When you find a game that you located a hex code and change it makes game not work.Thats usually mean the game have some type of compression.

You expected when changhe the hex number, change only the hex number you want.but in reality, the game uses these hex number  to generate  some other parts of the code, so when you change these hex code, you change unexpected things in other parts of the code, and game not work anymore.

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 17:56, 30 April 16
When you find a game that you located a hex code and change it makes game not work.Thats usually mean the game have some type of compression.

You expected when changhe the hex number, change only the hex number you want.but in reality, the game uses these hex number  to generate  some other parts of the code, so when you change these hex code, you change unexpected things in other parts of the code, and game not work anymore.

I understand why it's doing it, it's not the first time I've come across this.  ;)

I've got the same problem with " The Untouchables " I can pretty much find everything to change, but can't do it due to having the same problem.

I didn't know if one of you guys could do anything with the game, so thought I'd ask.  ;)

Phantomz

UPDATE

I've just done some more work on " Stormlord "

It is now possible to Pause with the Console Pause Button, any Button to Unpause.

I've changed " Stormlord " you now push up on Joypad 1 to redefine the controls, this is the same as Stormlord II - Deliverance.

Redefine controls first if wish to use Button 2 for Jump, if you do so, up and button 2 will jump.

Also remember to redefine first if using a Plus Computer as P is now used to pause the game.

I also tried to update " Nebulus " for us all, but compression has gotten in my way.

maybe @Urusergi could help with the compression again   :D , as it's the cng version, which is needed due to having " Fixes CRTC bug at the end of the game "

Need the Following changes

3E 40 CD 4D A8 28 08 3E 01 32 45 2F C3 F6 A1 3E 41 CD 4D A8 28 08 3E 02 32 45 2F C3 F6 A1 3E 38 CD 4D A8 28 0B 3A 5C 2F EE 80 32 5C 2F C3 F6 A1 3E 39
to
3E 4A CD 4D A8 28 08 3E 01 32 45 2F C3 F6 A1 3E 4B CD 4D A8 28 08 3E 02 32 45 2F C3 F6 A1 3E 49 CD 4D A8 28 0B 3A 5C 2F EE 80 32 5C 2F C3 F6 A1 3E 48

also

3E 08 01 CD 89 81 4F 20 01 04 0A E6 04 20 11 3E 02 01 CD 89 81 4F 20 01 04 0A 1F D0 E6 02
to
3E 09 01 CD 89 81 4F 20 01 04 0A E6 20 20 11 3E 09 01 CD 89 81 4F 20 01 04 0A 1F D0 E6 08

Urusergi

Quote from: dragon on 17:56, 30 April 16

In this case it was just a wrong checksum  ;D

Urusergi

Quote from: Phantomz on 20:40, 30 April 16maybe @Urusergi could help with the compression again   :D , as it's the cng version, which is needed due to having " Fixes CRTC bug at the end of the game "

Ok, another one  8)

Phantomz

@Urusergi Nice work, yet again.  8)

So we now have " Pro Tennis " that @remax asked for.  ;)

It wasn't to hard for me to find the buttons in this game, was handy that both joypads work by default.  :)

I've updated " Nebulus " You can now Push left and right on the main menu for 1 or 2 player, up for Music on or off, down for fx on or off.

Ingame, Pause the game with Joypad 1 button 2, unpause with joypad 1 button 1, whilst pause push up to quit game.

I've also got Pause working in " Stormlord II - Deliverance " but haven't uploaded it yet, the reason being, I believe we need keys 1 to 5 for weapons, I'm not sure if I can find or change those yet,
will probably be compressed as it's another cng game.

I got pause working in " Stormlord " which is cool, I can't make the game default to joystick due to compression.

The following needs to be changed for that;

DD 7E 04 E6 04 20 01 72 23 DD 7E 03 E6 08 20 01 72 23 DD 7E 08 E6 08 20 01 72 23 DD 7E 08 E6 20 20 01 72 23 DD 7E 05 E6 80
to
DD 7E 09 E6 04 20 01 72 23 DD 7E 09 E6 08 20 01 72 23 DD 7E 09 E6 20 20 01 72 23 DD 7E 09 E6 02 20 01 72 23 DD 7E 09 E6 10

I was going to make Button 2 define keys, but couldn't find the 1 ( onscreen text ) so made it up on the joypad like stormlord 2.

zeropolis79

Quote from: Gryzor on 14:33, 28 April 16
Hey guys,

Just to alert you to the fact that this thread here is the most liked ever in the history of the forum (well, after installing the Likes system at least) and the second-biggest thread ever (quite a long way behind the eBay one, tho): CPCWiki forum - Statistics Center

If it makes people make the mos of their GX4000's without spending huge sums on individual cartridges, then why not?

Phantomz

I ve done another footie game, this one is " Match Day II ".   8)

I've made the game stop on the title screen, so just press joypad 1 button 1 to pass.

In game, press any key to move cursor, use Joypad 1 Button 2 to select an option.

I've remapped player 2 keys to Joypad 2 keys so you're ready to play without having to redefine first.  ;D

Use Joypad 1 Button 2 to Pause game ( brings up menu ).

You won't be able to change " Team Names " or " Start Old Cup " or " Start Old League " as need keyboard input for those, so I can't do anything about that.

remax

I'll try it.

I hope you can still redefine the keys, as i liked a lot mapping the two players to the same joystick, the game was far better like this :)
Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

Quote from: remax on 17:16, 03 May 16
I'll try it.

I hope you can still redefine the keys, as i liked a lot mapping the two players to the same joystick, the game was far better like this :)

You sure can.  :D

I've been hard at work again on another game, this is a game requested by @chinnyhill10 ages ago, at the time I couldn't do it.

The game is " ZUB " I'm happy to say that I have now worked out how to get this game sorted for us to play on the GX4000  8)

I had to find and remap all the menu controls, and also the scanner button.

I've made the game stop at the title screen, press Joypad 1 Button 1 to pass.

If you press " P " to start the game from the main menu, you will start at the default " easy peasy " level, you can however select all the difficulty levels from the options.

Once you select a difficulty level, press p after to begin the game at that level, however if you press p for easy peasy on the level select the game will start straight away at that level.
( this is due to lack of buttons as I wanted to keep it all on one joypad )  :D

I've remap the scanner button to the Console Pause Button ( P ) , It seems sluggish for some reason, but it does work.  ::)
I did this so plus users could still activate it using the keyboard if they redefine the keys ( the scanner button can't be redefined ).
I also did this as wanted to use Joypad 1 Button 2 to help with the gameplay of the game.  ;)

You can still control the game with the Joystick / Joypad as normal, however I have also remapped Duck to Joypad 1 Button 2 ( as long as you don't redefine keys ).
This makes it easy to move on the platforms as you can move left and right whilst holding down button 2 instead of down.  ;D

The following might be helpful;

L C R
1 = 2 3 2
2 = 1 1 3
3 = 1 2 4
4 = 6 5 3
5 = 4 6 4
6 = 7 4 5
7 = 8 9 6
8 = 7 9 7
9 = 7 10 8
10 = 9 9 9

I've included a poked version which gives " No harm from droids " I used this to play test the game to completion on my 6128 plus.  8)

chinnyhill10

Quote from: Phantomz on 18:46, 03 May 16
You sure can.  :D

I've been hard at work again on another game, this is a game requested by @chinnyhill10 ages ago, at the time I couldn't do it.

Super work. Can't wait to try it out.
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

remax

Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

Quote from: remax on 17:06, 04 May 16
Everything upped.

Nice one.  :D

Phantomz

Here is another game, this one is " 180 Darts "

I used to play this game a lot back in the day, I think everyone I knew had it.  :)

I've remapped all the menu buttons, I've changed O and P to U and I for Plus users.

You can use both joypads, the console pause button ( P ) is now used to quit.

Gryzor

Quote from: remax on 23:27, 29 April 16
All missing carts uploaded.

Dude, can't thank you enough. The situation is just crazy in this thread :D

dragon

2=abandon.

You can write hola in name player :).

Phantomz

Here is another fighting game, this one is " Dynamite Dux ".  :)

Joypad 1 Button 2 to Jump, Console Pause Button to Pause / Unpause, Joypad 2 Button 1 to Quit.

Phantomz

I've been busy doing another game for us, it took awhile but I've got it sorted now.   ;)

The game is " The Simpsons Bart Vs. The Space Mutants "   8)

The game had a Trainer for Infinite Lives, Invulnerability, and Level Select, however only the level select appears to work, therefore I've removed Infinite Lives and Invulnerability and left the Level Select Only.

I've made the game stop at the title screen, just press fire to pass it ( I've added text to state this ).

Use Joypad 2 Buttons For Menu Options.

If you start from level 1 you can use the redefine keys option, however if you load any of the other 4 levels you will have to play with the joystick only. ( with up being jump ).

If you play the game through from level 1, then the controls you selected will still work on later levels.

I've made two versions of the game, Joystick Up version, is the default version, however, if you start from the beginning and play the game the correct way, both Up and Button 2 will Jump.
If you start on any other level, only Up will Jump.

The other version is Button 2 version Up and Button 2 will Jump on the first level, all other stages, only Button 2 will Jump. ( Remember to Use Button 2 to Enter Doors ).

I've included poked versions that give Infinite Lives.

Gryzor

Ah, this is ace, thanks!

Who else is still watching the Simpsons? :)

dragon

Here in spain antena 3 continues over the years and years and decades and mileniums, broadcasting the simpsons at the 14:00 pm all days.

But well atresmedia grup are expert in old  stuff, im sure we have the absolute mundial record of broadcasting the simpsons,sin-chan,futurama, knight rider,a-team macgiver, now is time of jessica flecher.

Jaja

Gryzor

Quote from: dragon on 13:45, 13 May 16
Here in spain antena 3 continues over the years and years and decades and mileniums, broadcasting the simpsons at the 14:00 pm all days.

But well atresmedia grup are expert in old  stuff, im sure we have the absolute mundial record of broadcasting the simpsons,sin-chan,futurama, knight rider,a-team macgiver, now is time of jessica flecher.

Jaja

Well yes, but I was talking about the new episodes!