News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon

Yes yes, they broadcasting old episodes and new episodes :).(in the simposns).

Just only for curiosity: use google translator.

Hemos podido ver cada episodio de 'Los Simpson' una media de 36 veces | Verne EL

Phantomz

I've been busy sorting out another game for us.  ;D

It was originally converted by @CraigsBar , the game is " Rampage ".

I decided to do a new version, as you could only play 1 player as player 2 and 3 need the keyboard.

Also you could only play as " Ralph " as the game doesn't let you choose what character you want to play, as it set by which controls you use.

I'm happy to say, I've now made it so you can play with 2 players on the GX4000, player 3 can use the cursors and small enter key on PLUS machines.

There is a new version out now.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Phantomz on 13:53, 13 May 16
I've been busy sorting out another game for us.  ;D

It was originally converted by @CraigsBar , the game is " Rampage ".

I decided to do a new version, as you could only play 1 player as player 2 and 3 need the keyboard.

Also you could only play as " Ralph " as the game doesn't let you choose what character you want to play, as it set by which controls you use.

I'm happy to say, I've now made it so you can play with 2 players on the GX4000, player 3 can use the cursors and small enter key on PLUS machines.

I've done a few versions so that Player 1 is not stuck using Ralph if they don't want to play with that Character.

I've done the following six versions, I could have done three versions and people could have swopped over the joypads,
but I thought it would be easier if people decided what they want before they load the version up.  ;)

The First named Character uses Joypad 1, the Second named Character uses Joypad 2, The missing character is controlled by the keyboard ( cursors + small enter ).

Ralph + Lizzie
Ralph + George
Lizzie + Ralph
Lizzie + George
George + Ralph
George + Lizzie

Because the Amstrad version of the game is bugged ( can't get health back ) I've also included a poked version of all the above that give you infinite health.  8)
Now that sounds like the extended format support is needed for another menu cart to be made to load the right games @arnoldemu?
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

zeropolis79

Got a new C4 on the way for my 464 Plus... going to have some fun

Phantomz

Quote from: zeropolis79 on 20:12, 13 May 16
Got a new C4 on the way for my 464 Plus... going to have some fun

I hope you enjoy using it and keep it this time.  ;)

zeropolis79

Thankfully all my debts are cleared. I could kill my stepmother for putting most of my father's funeral expenses my way, especially since we had been estranged for years and years.

Could adventure games be converted into cartridge form (as is) without modification? Subsunk, Seabase Delta or even the tape version of Famous Five?

Phantomz

Quote from: zeropolis79 on 21:15, 13 May 16
Could adventure games be converted into cartridge form (as is) without modification? Subsunk, Seabase Delta or even the tape version of Famous Five?

I would think they should be ok, if they fit on a single sided disc and you have a keyboard.  ;)

Phantomz

I've been busy today doing a new version of " Rampage :D

I've managed to get all the different controlled versions on one cart  ( SS40 Disc) this left 4k on the disc, so there is no loading screen.

I have obviously had to make a menu, showing all the control options, remember player 3 keys are the cursors and small enter key if playing on a plus machine.

seanb

No loading screen?
You haven't tried hard enough.

Fantastic work.
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

Phantomz

Quote from: seanb on 20:02, 15 May 16
No loading screen?

Fantastic work.

I'll see what I can do about the loading screens.  ;)

Gryzor

Quote from: Phantomz on 19:55, 15 May 16
I've been busy today doing a new version of " Rampage :D

I like Rampage, but I guess I'm the only person who prefers Ramparts over it! :D (and it's got an amazing intro tune, too). Can it be done? :)

Phantomz

Quote from: Gryzor on 07:48, 16 May 16

I like Rampage, but I guess I'm the only person who prefers Ramparts over it! :D (and it's got an amazing intro tune, too). Can it be done? :)

I'll have to check it out.  :)

Quote from: seanb on 20:02, 15 May 16
No loading screen?

Fantastic work.

NEW VERSION OF " RAMPAGE " WITH LOADING SCREENS AND CONTROL SELECT OPTION SCREEN.

@seanb
Ok, I've gone the extra mile with this game  :o

I couldn't include the loading screens with all six options  :doh:, only 3 options are needed anyway.  ;)

Therefore, I've gone the extra mile and included both loading screens and the 3 control options that are needed.  8)

Press Joypad 1 Button 1 to Pass the Loading Screens, the Character control option screen will appear after, select whichever option you'd like.  :D

I hope you enjoy this version  8) No need to just use Ralph if want to play with the first joystick / joypad.  :)

Gryzor

seanb

Wow!

I feel really bad now @Phantomz .
I was being sarcastic. I might have to add a sig that days ignore everything I ever say  :-[

You work before and definitely after the added loading screens was appreciated by me.

Now I'm going to crawl into hole...
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

Phantomz

Quote from: seanb on 15:42, 16 May 16
Wow!
I feel really bad now @Phantomz .
I was being sarcastic. I might have to add a sig that days ignore everything I ever say  :-[

You work before and definitely after the added loading screens was appreciated by me.

Now I'm going to crawl into hole...

:laugh: There is no need to feel bad and crawl into a hole  :D

It does look better with the loading screens, so I needed to do it anyway, like I said, we only need 3 options as people can just swop over the pads or joysticks.  :)

dragon

button 2+Up throw granade large shot.
button 2+down thow granade short shot
button 2+right pick up/drop thing from floor
button 2+left,activate invencibility.

vc have invincibility in the p button to avoid activate it acidentally without search it and programmer message can be seen pressing button 1 pad 2

dragon

reworked pokes.

instructions.

For pause press  p alone.

to suicide press 1 in game pad 1, maintain it pressed and then press p. maintain the two buttons pressed until you die, it can take several seconds.

to suicide and reborn with 98 lives press 2 in game pad 1, maintain it pressed and then press p. maintain the two buttons pressed until you die, it can take several seconds.

zeropolis79

Can someone post the link to the page where the download links are please?

Thanks

Phantomz

Quote from: zeropolis79 on 18:01, 17 May 16
Can someone post the link to the page where the download links are please?

Thanks

It's on the first post on page one in this Thread  ;)

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

It gives the link to Converted GX4000 games - CPCWiki  :)

@Gryzor

Quote from: Gryzor on 07:48, 16 May 16

I've checked out the game like I said I would.  ;)

" Ramparts "

Press Console Pause Button to Start Game, Joypad 1 Button 1 for One Player, Button 2 for Two Player

Pause and Unpause with the Console Pause Button.

The original cpr is here ( need health fix ) I've also included a poked version which gives infinite health to both player too, ( only fair to player two )  :laugh:

New version in my next post.

Johnny Olsen

Gryzor

Quote from: Phantomz on 18:22, 17 May 16I did find one version that is uncompressed, however, player one has infinite health by default  :doh:  I'm not sure how to turn this off as it doesn't appear to use the pokes I've found.I've converted this version and remapped the controls, maybe someone can figure out how to turn the cheat off.  ???

Eheheh... first of all, thanks so much for this :) To be honest I like the cheat being on by default (weird??!), but @Johnny Olsen seems to have the answer already!

Bryce

Really, allow me to get my magnifying glass and comment on that.....

Bryce.

Gryzor

Dude; I fixed it within literally five seconds of posting :D

Phantomz

Quote from: Johnny Olsen on 13:49, 18 May 16
Just change &3A in &6889 to &32

Cheer mate  8)

Here is the new version of the game " Ramparts " working how it should by default.  :)

I've included a poked version with infinite health for both players again.  :)