News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Phantomz

Here is another good game, this one is " Hostages 8)

It's only the 64k version so don't believe the " Menu Map " Button you have to redefine at the start does anything as that is for the 128k version.

You can Skip the Intro with Joypad 1 Button 1

PART 1
DELTA = JOYPAD 2 BUTTON 1      
ECHO = JOYPAD 2 BUTTON 2
MIKE    = JOYPAD 2 UP

PART 2
DELTA = JOYPAD 2 BUTTON 1      
ECHO = JOYPAD 2 BUTTON 2
MIKE    = JOYPAD 2 UP
HOTEL = JOYPAD 2 LEFT
TANGO = JOYPAD 2 RIGHT
BRAUD = JOYPAD 2 DOWN

I've included a poked version which makes you " Invincible and gives you Infinite Time. "  :)

dragon

Somewhere her can pass heroquest return of the wich lord and make a snapshot where it go to load the last tape block.?.

Or knows sometipe of poke to pass levels rapdly.

Or have pass the game in tape and know if it have true finish?

I need it to make the cart conversion, i need view the cpc loading this file:

hero quest return of the witch lord &copy gremlin graphics software (1991)

remax

Everything upped again...

This will be my last commit for a long time as my daughter is coming in the next days.

So do count on me for upping the next releases. Hence, if nobody takes care of it, the releases will be at risk to fall into the limbo of a really big topic...
Brain Radioactivity

dragon

ohhh, :(  See if I can register on the wiki and no fuss brown.

I working in a extrange experiment Heroquest port from tape with 4096 palette+ hardware sprites.

At finish the original sure is looking best wtf as i not know how draw sprites :D.

Phantomz

Quote from: remax on 20:56, 29 May 16

This will be my last commit for a long time as my daughter is coming in the next days.

So do count on me for upping the next releases. Hence, if nobody takes care of it, the releases will be at risk to fall into the limbo of a really big topic...

OK, no problem @remax , thanks for letting us know and uploading the games.  :D

I see you changed " The Way Of The Exploding Fist " and " The Way Of The Exploding Fist+ " that I uploaded to the wiki page into one download, that's fine, but they are separate games.

The + version is a hack of sorts with different backgrounds, not a plus conversion with the Plus Palette, it does include a different set of colours for the title screen, but this works on the normal cpc.

the way of the exploding fist &copy melbourne house (1985) = original

the way of the exploding fist+ &copy melbourne house (1986) = + with extra backgrounds

remax

Brain Radioactivity

xenon

xenon

dragon

Update heroquest status:

After 42.bin file,(record wtf) in a Dans une sorte de miracle. Urusergui and me made the miracle of incorpored the face of the lord brujo displayed in upper part of the screen of the 128k version in the gx4000..

I still do not think it worked so well the first time. Only coping first 15 lines of the screen directly manually  in cpc  video ram.And the rest of image with a little algoritm i made that filters all 00 and f0 from a file copy( to no overwrite ingame screen and marcador screen). of the 128k game buffer video game ram. Injecting it in the 64k tape port buffer video ram &9400+ videogame. Every time the game call to my subroutines to changue the cpc normal palette to use the plus 4096 palette  ingame and activate  pac-man hardware sprites.

Urusergui made great work copyng the upper screen lines of the 128k to a two split system middle asm, and rest in a .bin

Im not sure if at the finish it looking good, but anyway  i designed the conversion in a dual-mode support. So when cartridge is executed gx4000 ask you to choose execute the original cpc tape port in old blue fashion. Or execute the alternative version with plus palette, hardware sprites to decorate the down part of the screen,lord face in the upper part as 128k.

The game will be included the normal heroquest + the expansion return of the witch lord. It also implements a system so when you play the normal heroquest, and then you load return of the witch lord. The game trasspass the arms treasures,armor, and money you have recollected in the first part.

But if you die latter you lost it :) .

In principe,only made hardware sprites decorations is left to made, it not have sound as i not know how made sounds.

GOB

Hi dragon.
I also work on a CPC+ version of heroquest. Mine will be in mode 0 as you can see on the screenshot.
There is still much work it.
But it inching.

robcfg

This looks awesome!

The colors remind me of Gods on Amiga/ST/PC.

Also, being the CPC+/GX4000, you could still render the players using hardware sprites on mode 1.

dragon

Quote from: GOB on 15:55, 01 June 16
Hi dragon.
I also work on a CPC+ version of heroquest. Mine will be in mode 0 as you can see on the screenshot.
But it inching.

Looks great marevollus, the mine is only a patching of the existing game, so not much can be done withouth kill ôriginal the code. ^^

Instead of made trashy lyrics lettlers :D .

dragon

O.k,  this is a small tutorial how to change ink colours  and hardware sprites in heroquest. So phantomz you can modify it if you want with other colours combinations. Or someone know made sprites better ^^.(me no seriusly  :picard2: )

Open cartucho.asm in winape assemble editor.

go to line 1044.

Yo can view these:

;prueba colores
;registros colores de (6400-601f), 1 color de los 16 son 12 bits.primer byte (d3-d0)verde.d7-d4 rojo,y el otro byte (d3-do)-azul.
;luego para 4 colores del modo 1, seria color 0= 6400/01 2=6402/03 3=6404/5
;color 0
ld a,&00
ld (&6400),a
ld a,&00
ld (&6401),a
;color 1
ld a,&11
ld (&6402),a
ld a,&01
ld (&6403),a
;color 2
ld a,&00
ld (&6404),a
ld a,&0a
ld (&6405),a
;color 3
ld a,&FF;&C5 ¿ROJO?,¿AZUL?
ld (&6406),a
ld a,&0F;0A¿NADA? ¿VERDE?
ld (&6407),a

Each ink of the game have two hex numbers in the first number first byte is red,second blue. In the second number, first byte is nothing, second green.

Red+blue+green(rgb)=color of these ink :) in the 4096 palette. game have four inks.

after change it with winape paused and memory write select  go to winape menu and press assemble (ctrl+f9).

select in the memory of cpc from &c000 to &ffff  righ click and then save "heroquestcartucho.bin" witouth  "".

Execute heroquestcompile.bat simple press space or other button until it finish.

Then go open *.cpr and you can view youn new combination of colours in the plus part :).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hardware sprites:
they are  located in the same asm under the colours. Yo need know these thinks to modify it:

begining in line 1320 each sprite have a x coordinate and y cordinate, so you can put it anywhere in the screen.

+767 and -256 for X, and between +255 and -256 for Y

All are in file.

Unther that you can view a third parameter,maginifcation. This is the mode of the sprite,0000 desactivate it(not show in the screen), 1010 mode 1 1111 mode 0(more bigger)

The palette of hardware sprites beggin in 1590 pen 0-15

The data of hardware sprites are located in 1612 all are in file :). Programs such retro game assets studio can generate it automatically.

Then is the same compile it in the same form.

I not recommend modify other thing if you not know what are you doing, problaby the result is heroquest fail to boot XD,pure experience.

Thats all,enjoy the heroquest fallout 3030 with green radiocative.(ink suggestions are welcome).

GOB

Quote from: dragon on 17:03, 01 June 16
Looks great marevollus, the mine is only a patching of the existing game, so not much can be done withouth kill ôriginal the code. ^^

Instead of made trashy lyrics lettlers :D .

Mine is also a patching of the existing game !!! :) So you can !!!

GOB

Here is an exclusive preview of what the game is.

I move icons and there will be hard sprite.
Menu of the game will be remake. Introduction will be had. New music also.... And some other features ;)

dragon

Quote from: GOB on 13:37, 02 June 16
Mine is also a patching of the existing game !!! :) So you can !!!

amazing gob. ¿You are porting the 128k version?. You can make it work in 64k?

You disassembly all code?. this is a lot a lot of work :) . You are making it from cero without no&scart in the midde?.

||C|-|E||

If you make this Hero Quest happen, it will be amazing!  :o

TFM

Quote from: GOB on 13:44, 02 June 16
Here is an exclusive preview of what the game is.

I move icons and there will be hard sprite.
Menu of the game will be remake. Introduction will be had. New music also.... And some other features ;)

Is that the good old CPC!?! Looks awesome! Really looking forward.  :)

BTW: Please go for 128 KB or more.  8)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Phantomz

@mr_lou

Asked for a working version of " Kung-Fu Master "  in the following thread Help me find working DSK files of a few games

This got me thinking, because @dragon sorted out the game so that joypad button 2 would replace the space bar to let you swop from kicks to punches and back again.

I didn't look at changing the controls as dragon had made the game playable for us, I just sorted out the infinite lives and changed the game back to normal.

This was one of the very first games to get ported to the GX4000 over a year ago, it's on page two of this very long thread.  ;)

Anyway, because @mr_lou asked for the disk, it made me check out the game again on the GX4000, I've learnt a couple of things over the past year so thought I'd see if I could improve the GX4000 version.  ;)

I'm happy to say that I've done a new cart with a couple of improvements.

" Kung Fu Master "

The game now has a working Trainer, it stops on the title screen, pass with joypad one or space bar on the plus.

The game is now Joypad Control only!

Press Joypad 1 Button 1 to Start, you can now select to have Kick and Punch Button Separate
Button 1 = Yes  ( Button 1 to Kick, Button 2 to Punch )
Button 2 = No   ( Button 1 to Kick/Punch, Button 2 Swops )

Use the Console Pause Button to Quit the game.

dragon

A little update to heroquest, fixed mind points not displayed(thanks urusergui to fix the draw).

And working with hardware sprites in the upper part.

Its look like that for now:

Gryzor

Quote from: GOB on 15:55, 01 June 16
Hi dragon.
But it inching.

Oh wow, this looks really great... hope you finish it!!!

Quote from: dragon on 12:45, 04 June 16
A little update to heroquest, fixed mind points not displayed(thanks urusergui to fix the draw).

And working with hardware sprites in the upper part.

Its look like that for now:

So we have two Heroquest updated being prepared? That's unbelievable. Amazingly I was talking about Heroquest to a colleague just yesterday! Can't wait to see this one, too!!!

Quote from: remax on 20:56, 29 May 16

Ahhh congratulations mate... I guess it'll be some time before we see you here again :) But it's worth it. All the best for you, your daughter and the mother =)

I really appreciate the trouble you've gone into with updating the list.

If there's nobody else ready to pick up the wiki page, I'll start doing it myself, just le me know guys!

dragon

I think they are two different versions. The heroquest is wortking GOB, i think maybe is only to 128k. Because the music subrutine, is a interruption in &0058 thats call to bank c7 in in &4006.

He writes continusly in &4000-7fff zone , so this make rom cartridge incompatible. Until you reroute all rams access ^^. A big big big work is neccesary follow all sound subrutine, and you need free memory in the stardard 64k.

The mine is the version of the poor 64k for gx4000 and 464+ it lost sound, but atleast  it works :).

Is Ok for me if you want take the releve in the wiki.

Gryzor

@dragon : thanks mate; but, I should have pointed out - the member who undertakes it must make sure that the list gets updates with all the new releases... it doesn't matter if it takes some time (I won't be able to do it as fast as the releases are coming out), but at least they should all go in the list in the end. If you feel up to it then by all means, please do it with my thanks and gratitude :)

Phantomz

I've just done a new version of " Kung-Fu Master "

I've added a secret version  :-X  :P that gives Infinite energy.  ;D

The game can be tricky even with the infinite lives trainer ( that level 5 boss is a pain ).

GOB

Quote from: dragon on 15:36, 02 June 16

amazing gob. ¿You are porting the 128k version?. You can make it work in 64k?

You disassembly all code?. this is a lot a lot of work :) . You are making it from cero without no&scart in the midde?.
128K version. Try to make it work on 64k but i think it will be difficult... So i think 6128+ only on cardtridge.

I don't use no&scart. I disassemble all code; change routines with mine; move gfx on cardtridge gradually etc etc.
Hard sprite are used for mouse cursor and game icones.