News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

RockRiver and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

dragon

Try his remax

Phantomz

Quote from: MissionComplete on 11:46, 29 July 16
Hi, cpc comunity!!

I have a C4CPC and now I am a child again. In the converted games' page says to reporting here the problems not detected, so here I am. I'm trying to play Batman, of Ocean (1986), and I can't get any object, so I can't go very far in the game. Maybe there is no a button for this function (I think was the "enter" button in my old cpc464). I tried with both gamepads.

Thank you for all your work. It makes happy people like me.

@MissionComplete

Any chance you could play the game using the cpr on winape and save a snapshot and upload on here, if I can see the problem I might be able to sort it out.

remax

Quote from: dragon on 12:50, 29 July 16
Try his remax

Nice work ! Don't know what you did but the bug seems fixed.

It goes back to the title screen perfectly now :)
Brain Radioactivity

dragon

Quote from: remax on 14:09, 29 July 16

Nice work ! Don't know what you did but the bug seems fixed.

It goes back to the title screen perfectly now :)

well i not sure if work to finish. I made these other in theory better stable. But the game need testing.

MissionComplete

Quote from: Phantomz on 13:39, 29 July 16
@MissionComplete

Any chance you could play the game using the cpr on winape and save a snapshot and upload on here, if I can see the problem I might be able to sort it out.

@Phantomz

Solved!! You have to select keys.  I selected the fire2 as "Carry function" and it worked. Otherwise, you can't play, but you don't notice until you need to get some object. Sorry for the disturbance, it was too easy!!

Thanks for your help.

Phantomz

Quote from: MissionComplete on 15:41, 29 July 16
@Phantomz

Solved!! You have to select keys.  I selected the fire2 as "Carry function" and it worked. Otherwise, you can't play, but you don't notice until you need to get some object. Sorry for the disturbance, it was too easy!!

Thanks for your help.

@MissionComplete  Glad you got it sorted  :)

I have now made the game default to the Joypad so both buttons will work straight away, there is now no need to select keys first.

You can also Pause the game with the Console Pause Button by default now.

I could do the same for " Head over Heels " but I don't know what keys people want so have left it alone.

MissionComplete

Quote from: Phantomz on 16:59, 29 July 16
@MissionComplete  Glad you got it sorted  :)

I have now made the game default to the Joypad so both buttons will work straight away, there is now no need to select keys first.

You can also Pause the game with the Console Pause Button by default now.

The new version is here and on the wiki page now.  ;D

I could do the same for " Head over Heels " but I don't know what keys people want so have left it alone.

@Phantomz  Wonderful! Fast work!

All right, except the poked version is not poked now http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/Smileys/SoLoSMiLeYS1/shocked.gif

Maybe is the same in "Head over Heels", they are similar games, but I never played, so I can't say.

Thanks again http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/Smileys/SoLoSMiLeYS1/cheesy.gif

Phantomz

Quote from: MissionComplete on 18:48, 29 July 16
@Phantomz  Wonderful! Fast work!

All right, except the poked version is not poked now http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/Smileys/SoLoSMiLeYS1/shocked.gif

Maybe is the same in "Head over Heels", they are similar games, but I never played, so I can't say.

Thanks again http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/Smileys/SoLoSMiLeYS1/cheesy.gif

@MissionComplete

Thanks  :)  Are you sure the poked version isn't poked now? It appears to be giving me infinite lives when I tested it with MESS Emulator.

Dinorast

I saw the other day a review of SALAMANDER and I would like to test this on the GX4000-any chance to convert this ? Many thanks in advance...you really do a great job !!!

MissionComplete

Quote from: Phantomz on 19:55, 29 July 16
@MissionComplete

Thanks  :)  Are you sure the poked version isn't poked now? It appears to be giving me infinite lives when I tested it with MESS Emulator.

@Phantomz you are right, there are infinite lives, I thought there aren't because the two previous questions have disappeared. The "old poked version" asked you two questions: "Do you want infinite lives?" and "Do you want invulnerability?". But you have done enough, phantomz, we can play with infinite lives if we want, and that is the point. Thanks!

Sorry, I don't speak a very good English.

Phantomz

Quote from: MissionComplete on 09:59, 30 July 16
@Phantomz you are right, there are infinite lives, I thought there aren't because the two previous questions have disappeared. The "old poked version" asked you two questions: "Do you want infinite lives?" and "Do you want invulnerability?". But you have done enough, phantomz, we can play with infinite lives if we want, and that is the point. Thanks!

Sorry, I don't speak a very good English.

@MissionComplete

I didn't think that dragon or I had released a version of Batman with a Trainer, that's why I included a poked version that gave infinite lives.

I know there is a version of Batman on disk with a Trainer.

Anyway, I have now found the Batman disk with the Trainer, I have worked on that version.

I've remapped all the controls again and also made the Trainer GX4000 friendly, you are invulnerable unless the shield is at 0, if you get hit whilst it's on 0 then you will die, I believe it was done like this to stop you getting stuck ingame.  ;)

MissionComplete

Congratulations, @Phantomz !!! You have done the perfect Batman for GX4000.

It's usefull being able to die with 0 shield, because you can fall in a hole with no exit and you need to die for continue the game. As I said, it's the perfect version.

:-)

Geo Anas

Congratulations ! I've just programmed an eprom and works great on my GX4000 !!!!

Thanks Phantomz !!! :D

Phantomz

Quote from: Dinorast on 09:42, 30 July 16
I saw the other day a review of SALAMANDER and I would like to test this on the GX4000-any chance to convert this ? Many thanks in advance...you really do a great job !!!

@Dinorast

Here is " SALAMANDER " for the GX4000  ;D

Joypad 1 Button 2 to pause the game, any button to unpause, whilst paused, press the console pause button to quit.

Audronic

Quote from: Geo Anas on 17:27, 30 July 16
Congratulations ! I've just programmed an eprom and works great on my GX4000 !!!!

Thanks Phantomz !!! :D
Do you have details as to the ZIP socket addition to the Cart ??

Thanks   Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

Geo Anas

QuoteDo you have details as to the ZIP socket addition to the Cart ??

Nothing special here.
I initially took a 'Barbarian" cart (link in Greek language) then removed the factory installed eprom and finally replaced it with a 32 pin ZIF socket. It was too thick to have the case closed firmly so I thought to make a kind of "extension" using two pieces of ribbon wire through a small window I cut over the top of plastic case.
Final result is that you see

I managed to program many of these excellent conversions (Phantomz and the other talented and generous people are offering us here) to 27C1001 eproms after I convert them to .bin format.
They are all working flawlessly so far  :D

Audronic

@Geo Anas

Thanks I had a look at the Greek site.
Thanks    Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

Dinorast

Quote from: Phantomz on 19:47, 30 July 16
@Dinorast

Here is " SALAMANDER " for the GX4000  ;D

Joypad 1 Button 2 to pause the game, any button to unpause, whilst paused, press the console pause button to quit.

I've included a couple of poked versions too.  ;)

EXCELLENT MATE !!! Thank you so much for it !!!

dragon

Due to compressing things i send pause to button 1 gamepad 2.

To play simply press 1 in game pad 1.

Phantomz

I've just converted another great game from @EgoTrip  8)

This one is " A Prelude To Chaos " I didn't need to change any controls as EgoTrip has made it GX4000 friendly.  :D

I have made it stop on the loading screen, Press Joypad 1 Button 1 to Start or Press Joypad 1 Button 2 to Replay Intro ( you can also press 1 or 2 on the keyboard on a plus computer ).

If it's ok with @EgoTrip I'll upload it.  ;D

zeropolis79

Has anyone got unmodded versions of the keyboard only games at all please? Especially Fruit Machine and Pinball Simulator? Finding using a joypad tricky for those two..

Many thanks

Phantomz

Quote from: zeropolis79 on 16:44, 06 August 16
Has anyone got unmodded versions of the keyboard only games at all please? Especially Fruit Machine and Pinball Simulator? Finding using a joypad tricky for those two..

Many thanks

:)

dragon

Tennis, read the notes of search use the campeonato codes.

Phantomz

Nice to see you're still doing games dragon. :)