News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon

Quote from: Skunkfish on 20:08, 30 August 16
I have to admit I'm struggling with Strider II a little.

I've found all the right bits (or bytes!) that I want to change, but I suspect both the loader and the game are using some sort of compression as I can't find the same data using a sector editor....

Most probably. Xor and two mag are always compressed. Others depend.

Its possible evade the compressions. But until now nobody made  compressed games except me : p

Phantomz

Quote from: Skunkfish on 20:08, 30 August 16
I have to admit I'm struggling with Strider II a little.

I've found all the right bits (or bytes!) that I want to change, but I suspect both the loader and the game are using some sort of compression as I can't find the same data using a sector editor....

Compression is a pain  :doh:

I can't decompress games, but I have converted a few with compression, sometimes you can get lucky and still find what you need to change, it's just harder to find, you might find a key address in winape and look for that string on a disc but you won't find it due to compression, but like I said, sometimes it's possible.

International Karate Plus strings to mind, I found how to change pause and turn the music and sfx on / off in winape after a while, but took ages to find it on the disc due to compression, but I got the job done.  8)

Sometimes you just can't do a game and that's that.  ::)

Maybe @dragon could help out with " Strider II " as he can deal with compression, unless he is busy, he might still be trying to do " North & South ".  :)

dragon

Quote from: Phantomz on 20:32, 31 August 16
Compression is a pain  :doh:

I can't decompress games, but I have converted a few with compression, sometimes you can get lucky and still find what you need to change, it's just harder to find, you might find a key address in winape and look for that string on a disc but you won't find it due to compression, but like I said, sometimes it's possible.

International Karate Plus strings to mind, I found how to change pause and turn the music and sfx on / off in winape after a while, but took ages to find it on the disc due to compression, but I got the job done.  8)

Sometimes you just can't do a game and that's that.  ::)

Maybe @dragon could help out with " Strider II " as he can deal with compression, unless he is busy, he might still be trying to do " North & South ".  :)

I not say is a pain. But requiere more time that only edit with the hex editor. Is more pain that It reassemble a Game with Direct acces  disk, specially if have multiload levels type heroquest.

Anyway, he not say what version  used.

But It have xor version in cpc rulez. All my games are uploaded with source Code. If you search in thread my xor games as rod-land double dragon 3 or other. Yo can view that for xor games. The comprensión routine is the same in all games.

And is posible execute It from cartridge using nocart 1.7. So the trick was found the subrutine. And whith the hex editor make It jump to the cartridge.  Then It always made a decompresion in your Code. So when It decompressed the zone you want changue in memory Simply patch it with your Code.

DokiGames

I appreciate the effort, Skunkfish. :) Hope you manage to convert something a bit less taxing. I'm having my C4CPC 3d case delivered today so I'll dare take it out and add some more games to the microSD (it's been sitting in the cart slot wearing an oversized, broken Mega Drive 'shell' suit since I got it. ;)

Thanks again, guys.

MissionComplete

Hi, guys!

Any charity soul would convert Bestial Warrior to a GX4000 friendly version, if it is possible?

Thanks a lot!!

dragon

Quote from: MissionComplete on 20:03, 10 September 16
Hi, guys!

Any charity soul would convert Bestial Warrior to a GX4000 friendly version, if it is possible?

Thanks a lot!!

Este finde si no hace calor te lo miro, que estas semanas con la que ha caido no habia ni cristo que se sentase aqui  :).

xenon

Hi :)

First, thanks again for your great work converting games :)

Will the full set on Converted GX4000 Software - CPCWiki be updated soon? :)

Regards,

Salva

MissionComplete

Quote from: dragon on 20:55, 13 September 16
Este finde si no hace calor te lo miro, que estas semanas con la que ha caido no habia ni cristo que se sentase aqui  :).

Ah, amigo, vente a Asturias y estarás fresquito, jejeje... ¡Un saludo!

Phantomz

It's been awhile, so here is a new game, this one is " Stryfe - The Everlasting Battle ".

The game is for one or two players, but I've made separate versions for 1 player and 2 players.

The reason for two versions is because the potion buttons for the players are the " TAB " key for the " SORCEROR " and the " RETURN " key for the " FIGHTER ".

I mapped both the potion attacks to both of the controllers second button and everything is fine when you play a two player game, or a one player game as the " SORCEROR "
as the " TAB " key for the potion attack is mapped to the second button on joypad one, however if you play a one player game as the " FIGHTER " the potion attack is mapped to the second button on joypad two.

Instructions;

Press Joypad 1 Button 1 to pass title screen and scrolling text screen.

One Player version, press Joypad 1 Button 2 to Select " Sorceror " or " Fighter ", then Press Joypad 1 Button 1 to Begin a one player game.
Two Player version, press Joypad 1 Button 1 to begin a two player game.

Pause the game with the Console Pause Button, unpause with Joypad 1 Button 1.

Turn the Music on / off with the Console Pause Button ( you will need to pause unpause the game until you have it off or on ).

I had to use the pause button for music on and off as when you have a two player game all the buttons are being used, I could have changed this for the one player version of the game, maybe Joypad 2 Button 1 for music off and Joypad 2 Button 2 for music on, I have however left the one player version of the game the same as the two player version.

Press the Console Pause Button to pass the highscore table.

I've included poked versions that give you infinite energy too, enjoy!  :D

dragon

Quote from: MissionComplete on 10:54, 14 September 16
Ah, amigo, vente a Asturias y estarás fresquito, jejeje... ¡Un saludo!

Ya, ahora de repente esto parece invierno XDDDD.

P=pause pad 2 fire 1= abandon.

No press buttons to much time in pokes or pass screen, or it cause black screen in game.

I don't have these lightgun so is unkwon if it works....

MissionComplete

Quote from: dragon on 21:43, 15 September 16
Ya, ahora de repente esto parece invierno XDDDD.

P=pause pad 2 fire 1= abandon.

No press buttons to much time in pokes or pass screen, or it cause black screen in game.

I don't have these lightgun so is unkwon if it works....

Sí, recuerdo que había una versión para pistola de este juego, aunque no me explico cómo funcionaría, a no ser moviendo al personaje con una mano con joystick mientras con la otra te vas cargando bichos con la pistola. Pero yo tampoco tengo la pistola, por lo que la versión que me interesaría sería la normal para poder jugar con el pad de la GX4000.

Por cierto, ¿no debería ser en formato .cpr? ¿O el C4CPC también lee otros formatos? Perdón por la ignorancia y gracias por todo tu trabajo.

dragon

Quote from: MissionComplete on 19:30, 16 September 16
Sí, recuerdo que había una versión para pistola de este juego, aunque no me explico cómo funcionaría, a no ser moviendo al personaje con una mano con joystick mientras con la otra te vas cargando bichos con la pistola. Pero yo tampoco tengo la pistola, por lo que la versión que me interesaría sería la normal para poder jugar con el pad de la GX4000.

Por cierto, ¿no debería ser en formato .cpr? ¿O el C4CPC también lee otros formatos? Perdón por la ignorancia y gracias por todo tu trabajo.

Ostras no he metido el cpr?. Bueno, luego lo arreglo que ahora estoy por ahí perdido . De todas formas mientras puedes coger el dsk y pasarlo con el noscart 1.4 ( primera página).ya esta parcheado.

MissionComplete

Quote from: dragon on 20:37, 16 September 16
Ostras no he metido el cpr?. Bueno, luego lo arreglo que ahora estoy por ahí perdido . De todas formas mientras puedes coger el dsk y pasarlo con el noscart 1.4 ( primera página).ya esta parcheado.

Jajaja, debo ser muy torpe, porque no me rula ese programa. Tengo Windows 10 y cualquiera de los dos ejecutables (32 o 64 bits) abre y cierra una pantalla como un parpadeo...

Na, tranqui, que puedo esperar, no tengo ninguna prisa...

dragon

Si solo es poner el archivo en el rar. Ya esta resubido.

Es que no es un punto bat. Se hace por linea de commandos como el antiguo ms-dos. Si le das a ejeturar  /cmd te sadra la ventana de msdos, y luego tienes que ir hasta la carpeta del noscart y ponerle nocart(el nombre que tenga el ejecutable) nombre.dsk nombre.cpr run"""dragon.bas

Si no recuerdo mal, lo he dicho de memoria.

MissionComplete

Quote from: dragon on 22:47, 16 September 16

Es que no es un punto bat. Se hace por linea de commandos como el antiguo ms-dos. Si le das a ejeturar  /cmd te sadra la ventana de msdos, y luego tienes que ir hasta la carpeta del noscart y ponerle nocart(el nombre que tenga el ejecutable) nombre.dsk nombre.cpr run"""dragon.bas

Si no recuerdo mal, lo he dicho de memoria.

Según sus propias instrucciones, el comando se usa así:

Usage: <disk image> <output cart> <run filename>
e.g. nebulus.dsk nebulus.cpr disc

Pero no sé en "disc" qué hay que poner. Como me has sugerido no funciona. Crea un cpr, pero sale disc not found en la consola. No es que me haga falta, pero sabiéndolo podré convertir juegos que no necesiten remapeo y así no dar mucho la lata. Y cuando tenga un plus, ya a saco.

Por otro lado, al port le pasa algo raro, no sé si el fallo lo arrastrará del dsk. No se ven las cuerdas por las que tiene que subir el sprite. Si no te conoces el juego de memoria, no puedes jugar.

dragon

Quote from: MissionComplete on 10:50, 17 September 16
Según sus propias instrucciones, el comando se usa así:

Usage: <disk image> <output cart> <run filename>
e.g. nebulus.dsk nebulus.cpr disc

Pero no sé en "disc" qué hay que poner. Como me has sugerido no funciona. Crea un cpr, pero sale disc not found en la consola. No es que me haga falta, pero sabiéndolo podré convertir juegos que no necesiten remapeo y así no dar mucho la lata. Y cuando tenga un plus, ya a saco.

Por otro lado, al port le pasa algo raro, no sé si el fallo lo arrastrará del dsk. No se ven las cuerdas por las que tiene que subir el sprite. Si no te conoces el juego de memoria, no puedes jugar.

Lo de disc es el nombre del ejecutable. En mi caso dragon.bas lo que hace es que arranca automáticamente  ese archivo.

Yo me lo he pasado entero en el winape y las cuerdas se veian¿?. Pero no lo he probado en el hardware real.  Lo dices en la gx4000?.

De todas formas el juego me ha estado dando un problema my raro en el winape. Se queda el botón como presionado, y cuando llegaba a donde el menú pensaba que estaba presionado siempre y eso provocaba la pantalla negra.

Se me ve asi en el winape: ¿No sera que tienes el brillo de la tv my bajo?.Es un verde muy tenue.

MissionComplete

Quote from: dragon on 11:12, 17 September 16
Se me ve asi en el winape: ¿No sera que tienes el brillo de la tv my bajo?.Es un verde muy tenue.

No me parece. Todo lo demás se ve muy bien. Sí, en la gx4000.

Archivo_000.mov - Google Drive

He intentado grabar un vídeo a ver si se aprecia. En estas primeras cuerdas aún se ve el inicio con un punto verde, pero más adelante hay cuerdas que ni eso. Yo sé que están ahí porque me las conozco de memoria, jejeje...

dragon

Pues si es raro, si se ve en el winape pero no se ve en la gx4000. Es que hay algo diferente en el emulador y el hardware real  :D .

Lo mismo se pierde por como el plus traspasa la paleta del cpc normal ¿?.

Tengo localizada la paleta es: 00 0D 1A 09 18 00 12 10 0F 00 14 0B 02 01 03 06 (linea 8b10 en el editor hexacecimal)

EL verde de la cuerda es el 09. que tambien cambia el suelo. Y el verde de la punta es otro de esos. El juego usa la call bc32 para ponerlos.

Pero es que si te fijas en mi foto el suelo tampoco te sale bien. las pizquitas verdes oscuras no las tienes XD. Es como si verde oscuro te lo cambiara por un negro?.

Hoy no voy a poder mirarlo, pero puedes probar a ir cambiando la paleta eh ir probrando a ver que colores salen en la cuerda. :picard2: .

Devilmarkus

Is anyone able to patch the game Dark Fusion for the GX4000?
I have no idea, how to remap the keys.
dark fusion &copy gremlin graphics software (1988)
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

MissionComplete

Quote from: dragon on 12:47, 17 September 16
Hoy no voy a poder mirarlo, pero puedes probar a ir cambiando la paleta eh ir probrando a ver que colores salen en la cuerda. :picard2: .

xDDDD gracias por el voto de fe, pero me temo que no tengo ni idea de hacer todo eso, aunque me encantaría aprender. Sólo soy un jugador de 8 bits y no muy bueno...

Urusergi

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 13:26, 17 September 16I have no idea, how to remap the keys.

In &1A96-&1A9D you have the keys:
&2F -> space
&45 -> A
&47 -> Z
&25 -> K
&24 -> L
&1B -> P
&43 -> Q
&3C -> S

Phantomz

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 13:26, 17 September 16
Is anyone able to patch the game Dark Fusion for the GX4000?
I have no idea, how to remap the keys.
dark fusion &copy gremlin graphics software (1988)

Here is " Dark Fusion;D

I've made the trainer work but I can't change the text due to compression.

Unlimited lives and energy (y/N):
Joypad 1 Button 1 for Yes, Button 2 for No.

Stage (1-4):
Joypad 1, Up = 1, Left = 2, Right = 3, Down =4

Select Weapon Key now mapped to Joypad 1 Button 2
Quit Game Key now mapped to Joypad 2 Button 1

I've also made it possible to use the inbuilt cheat mode.

CHEAT MODE:
At the "PRESS FIRE TO START" screen, press Joypad 1 Button 2, sound will ring. (The word CHEATER appear on the top right for the game)

During the game:
Press Joypad 2 UP for Part 2 of the current level
Press Joypad 2 LEFT for Part 3 of the current level
Press Joypad 2 RIGHT for End of level
Press Joypad 2 DOWN to Get 8 lives (If displayed after your death)

dragon

Quote from: MissionComplete on 13:33, 17 September 16
xDDDD gracias por el voto de fe, pero me temo que no tengo ni idea de hacer todo eso, aunque me encantaría aprender. Sólo soy un jugador de 8 bits y no muy bueno...

O.k  i have bad news sorry  :( . It works ok in my gx4000. I try it in one phlips 170T(composite), and in a samsung le23r86bd(rgb). And is the same as winape and arnold emu. I can view the ropes.So the problem is in your tv,in your rgb clable or in the gx4000.

Maybe is time to ask a hardware guy as bryce.

Someone can try it in the gx4000 and comfirm it works ok?.

Phantomz

Here is another " Gauntlet " type game, this one is " Ninja Massacre ".

When the green boxed screen loads up, press any key to bring the menu up.

Use Joypad 1 Button 1 and 2 and the console pause button for menu options.

PASSWORD ( LEVEL CODES )

05 : P666
10 : P555
15 : PRRR
20 : PTTT
25 : 6666
30 : 5555
35 : RRRR
40 : TTTT

ENTER THEM USING THE FOLLOWING

P = CONSOLE PAUSE BUTTON, 6 = JOYPAD 2 UP, 5 = JOYPAD 2 DOWN, T = JOYPAD 2 RIGHT, R = JOYPAD 2 LEFT

Both Players use Joypad Button 2 for Magic.

Pause Button to Pause and Unpause the game.

Whilst Paused, hold down Joypad 1 Button 2 and press pause button twice to turn music off, pause the game, hold down Joypad 1 Button 2 then press pause button twice to turn music back on.

Whilst Paused, hold down Joypad 2 Button 2 and press pause button twice to quit game and return to game menu screen.

Press the Console Pause Button to pass the High score table.

I've included a poked version which gives Infinite Strength, and Infinite Magic and Keys for Both players ( after collected ).  ;D

MissionComplete

Quote from: dragon on 11:24, 18 September 16
O.k  i have bad news sorry  :( . It works ok in my gx4000. I try it in one phlips 170T(composite), and in a samsung le23r86bd(rgb). And is the same as winape and arnold emu. I can view the ropes.So the problem is in your tv,in your rgb clable or in the gx4000.

Maybe is time to ask a hardware guy as bryce.

Someone can try it in the gx4000 and comfirm it works ok?.

Ok... I am an absolute idiot and you were right from beginning. The fault was the brightness configuration of my tv. The best part is that now I can watch all the games very much better xDDDD

Thank you, dragon, for give me light into my darkness