News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon

Quote from: Skunkfish on 23:24, 17 March 17
Wow, sounds like a lot of work went into that Lemmings conversion! Great work!

Quote from: zeropolis79 on 13:28, 19 March 17
Would have loved to try Lemmings on it before I sold my 6128 Plus..

Yeah, the problem with these games type heroquest of lemmings that use 16k of ram for music (lemmings use only c4 blok =16k from the other bank). Is he used that as ram. They write infomation to these ram constantly, so to convert it to 64k is necesary located all access ram in the code, redirige it to a free ram zone in the gx4000. And put the rest of the code in the cartrige.

In lemmnings maybe should be possible because i stole a big call and i made it free en ram. But need more people examining the code to make the job easy only one can take.. uff XD.

Thats because chase h.q is realitivy easy. They not write nothing in the second bank, they only read data to use in speech.

Is the diference in rom vs ram, rom only can be read(cartridge), and ram can be read/write (Ram).

Anyway i go to Fix the Crash when pass level 60 using button 2  so he return to 1 and is not more necesariy switch on/off the console or the plus  to go to lower level.

Edit: fixed crash selecting level +60 now return to 1 in 61.

Phantomz

Here is another game, this one is " Karateka ".

Joypad 1 Button 1 to start game.

Joypad 1 Button 2 for combat mode  on / off

Console Pause Button to Bow.

Joypad 2 Button 1 to Pause / Unpause.

Joypad 1 Button 2 to pass end screen when game completed.

This game has a Trainer so no need for poked versions.  ;D

dragon

Lemmings bugfix.

-Fixed my own bug, that cannot be selected dificult in main menu.
-Fixed xyphoe finding mayhem 11 and 12 cannot be finished  because lemmings not jump to the exit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4ucwl1hOVs

-fixed clock so faster, slowdown x2. If is so easy tell me and i become it more faster.

remax

Karateka and Prohibition upped.

Dragon, drop a message here when you think Lemmings is mature enough to be uploaded.
Brain Radioactivity

dragon

If people is o.k with the actual clock speed you can upload It

If nobody found nothing wrong the only left is the music in  64k. That maybe happend some day or not But not Soon.

I not know more bugs :) . Anyway i go to ask arnoldemu about the clock subrutine.

Phantomz

Quote from: remax on 14:07, 15 March 17
All uploaded

Did you upload the new " Renegade " with the rest ?

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/games/converted-gx4000-cpr-the-topic/?action=dlattach;attach=21911

I've just updated " Feud " again.

I've been trying to find the controls for sometime, I've got it sorted at last.  8)

changes in new version....

O and P changed to U and I for Plus users.

Console Pause Button ( P ) or ESC to Pause.
Joypad/s Button 1 or SPACEe to Unpause.

Game can be played with either joypad.

Joypad/s Button 2 or ENTER to CENTRE.

dragon

O.k remax not upload lemmings Arnoldemu tell the clock función is bugged to wtf.

remax

Quote from: Phantomz on 18:20, 22 March 17Did you upload the new " Renegade " with the rest ?

I think, yes...

Quote from: dragon on 21:24, 22 March 17
O.k remax not upload lemmings Arnoldemu tell the clock función is bugged to wtf.

OK Thanks.
Brain Radioactivity

dragon

Yeah, the problem with lemmings clock it sometimes it go more faster or slow.Depending of number of lemmings in screen.Thats the cause xhypoe in her day found the game so dificult or impossible. Spectrum have best frame rate so is less affected.

I left here a temporary solution until arnoldemu found a definitive  solution for the clock bug. Choose you a delay in timer clock :) .

Edit: amazing, lemmings tape(no the disc version) have another bug. He not show you the final message of the game when you finish the game  only trash.

solved: :picard2: :picard2: :picard2: :picard2: :picard2: The programmer not have molested to aligned the text to wtf. (solved to).

Phantomz

Here is another game, this one is " Action Fighter ".

Game is now Joypad only.

Any Button to Start Game, Joypad 1 Button 2 to change from bike to car / car to bike when letters collected.

Console Pause Button to Pause, Joypad 1 Button 1 to unpause.

Joypad 2 Button 1 to quit game.

This game has a Trainer so no need for poked versions.  ;D

Kris

The file in the 1st post is not available anymore ?

Skunkfish

An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

Kris

Sorry, I mean the link to the "full set" in the 1st post is down....

dragon

i don't know why it not work problem with mega remax?.

PD: I think (finally)  the last upload of lemming is the definitive. Only can change if arnoldemu send me code to fix the clock.

remax

Yeah, don't know the problem.

I'm gonna upload a new version with all the newly released games (Lemmings included)

Done
Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

I've been working on making " Wizball " a little more GX4000 friendly.

It can be a little tricky waggling the Joypad left and right to select the feature represented on the glowing Icon at top of screen.

Urusergi has helped deal with the compression, so my changes could be made to the cngsoft version ( Wizball v2 ).

Changes to the game.....

You can now press Joypad 1 Button 2 to select the feature represented on the glowing Icon at top of screen.

Pause the game with the Console Pause Button, unpause with Joypad 1 Button 1, Whilst paused press the Console Pause Button again to quit game and return back to title screen.

Gryzor

Have given up trying to keep up and test everything... amazing work.

Phantomz

Here is another game, this one is " Jackal ".

Game is now Joypad only.

Joypad 1 Button 1 to pass loading screen.

Joypad 1 Button 1 for 1 Player Game, Joypad 1 Button 2 for 2 Player Game.

Press UP on the Joypad to change between game start and programmers screen.

Ingame...

Hold down Joypad 1 Button 1 to fire a stronger bullet ( grenade ? ).

Joypad 1 Button 2 to Pause, Joypad 1 Button 1 to unpause.

Console Pause Button to Quit Game.

Phantomz

I've done some more on " Gryzor ".

Urusergi has helped deal with the compression again, so my changes could be made to the cngsoft version.  ;)

Changes to the game.....

You can now select one or two player game, by pressing left or right on Joypad 1 or 2, or 1 or 2 on a PLUS computer.

On a 6128 PLUS you can change from FX / MUSIC with ESC or P.

O and P changed to U and I for PLUS users.

You can now pause the game with P or ESC, unpause with Joypad/s button 1 or space, whilst paused, press P or ESC again to Quit.

You can play the game with both Joypads.

Phantomz

I've just updated another game that was 1 player only, this one is " Motos ".

Changes to the game.....

You can now push UP to select 1 or 2 player game.

Game is now controlled by Joypad/s only.

Pause and unpause with the console Pause Button.

Phantomz

I've just updated the last game that was 1 player only ( by myself ) , this one is " Metro Cross ".

Changes to the game.....

You can now start a 1 or 2 player game, use Joypad 2 Button 1 for 1 Player, Joypad 2 Button 2 for 2 Player.

I used Joypad 2 buttons instead of Joypad 1, the reason being, if I mapped Joypad 1 Buttons the game would auto restart.

You can Pause and unpause the game with Joypad 1 Button 2.

Quit game with the console pause button.

Phantomz

After listening to 8 Bit Wars Part 3.

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/other-retro/ra-156-8-bit-wars-iii/msg143210/#msg143210

I've done another game, that was included in the war at 1:56,35

This one is....

" Trailblazer ".  ;D

Joypad 1 Button 1 to Pass Loading Screen.
Joypad 1 Button 1 to Start Game.
Joypad 1 Button 2 Music On / Off
Console Pause Button on Game Screen for options.
Console Pause Button ingame to quit.

Phantomz

New version of " GHOSTBUSTERS " in my next post.  ;)

Phantomz

GHOSTBUSTERS

I've managed to find the disc version of the game with no protection, so I've converted the tape and disc version.  ;D

I've included the credit screen and loading screen from the tape version on the converted disc cpr.  8)

Phantomz

I've updated " Soccer 86 " that was converted by @remax.

The game was " Only one player, as player 2 needs keyboard ".

I've remapped the keys to Joypad 2, so you can now play with two players.

Just select the Joypad you want to play with, both controllers work on the menu.

Ignore the arrows with S, K, L, X, I'm not sure where they are to remove them.

Pause the game with Joypad 1 Button 2, unpause with Joypad/s Button 1, whilst paused, press console button to quit.