News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Phantomz

I've just updated " Striker in the Crypts of Trogan " that was converted by @Arnoldemu

The following thread contains information about all the hard work he put in.  8)

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/games/stryker-(cart-edition)/

I will use his cart on my 6128 plus, but I've updated the cart to make it more GX4000 friendly, so will use my version on the GX4000.  :)

I decided to look at the game, because after I played it on the GX4000 I got stuck on the highscore table.

I've made the following changes to make the cart more GX4000 friendly.

The game is now Joypad only!
Pause / unpause with Joypad 1 Button 2.
Quit game with console pause button.
Pass Highscore table with console pause button or any button on Joypad 2.

I've entered "SIMPLICITY" into the highscore table, in the "Striker In The Crypts Of Trogan - Difficulty Select.cpr"
This version gives a Difficulty select option (1=easy - 10=hard) use joypad 1 up and down to select difficulty.
I maxed out "SIMPLICITY" at 99999999 so that it doesn't get removed, I believe the difficulty select would get removed if it got replaced.  ::)

I've included a few poked versions ( that include the difficulty select option ) these give various options like Invulnerability, Infinite Lives, Infinite Energy, Infinite Weapon, and various combinations.  ;)
I believe you can still lose your weapon even with the cheat for some reason.  ???

If a cpr doesn't load in the c4cpc, the name might be to long and will need to be renamed.

I hope @Arnoldemu and otheirs are happy with these changes for a GX4000 version.  ;)

dragon

Phantomz

GHOSTBUSTER  UPDATE

I had an account number that contained a number 7, because I had a free button, I've removed one of the delete keys and added the 7.

USE ACCOUNT NUMBER: 35574050  FOR $2876000   :)

Controls mapped to.....

JOYPAD 1
1 = ENTER
2 = SPACE
U = Y
L = 7
R = 0
D = DELETE

JOYPAD 2
1 = 1
2 = 2
U = 3
D = 4
L = 5
R = 6

PAUSE BUTTON = E

Use Joypad 1 Button 2 to Pause / Unpause, you will need to do this for STATUS as STATUS is also remapped to Joypad 1 Button 2.

Console Pause Button for Bait.

I've also done a new version of  " Teodoro Can't Fly ".

Changes are.....

This old version was English only, this version contains Spanish and English.
You can now pause and unpause with Joypad 1 Button 2.
Quit game with console pause button.
O and P changed to U and I for Plus users.

dragon

A gift for phantomz,This is the dsk off dan dare ii with all bugs fixed ,Game now can be completed :) .

Note:The other Game is a not in test, i was testing nocart 1.8 (60 traks support).

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 18:59, 14 April 17
A gift for phantomz,This is the dsk off dan dare ii with all bugs fixed ,Game now can be completed :) .

Note:The other Game is a not in test, i was testing nocart 1.8 (60 traks support).

nocart 1.8 (60 traks support). ???  I might need to get hold of that  ;D

Is it available for download? also how do you use 60 tracks?

I thought could only do 40 or 80 ???

Nice work with Dan Dare II - Mekons Revenge , nice to see that you sorted out the bug.  8)

I've just converted your disk to cpr  ;D

Dan Dare II - Mekons Revenge

I've remapped Pause / Unpause to Joypad 1 Button 2, Quit game with console pause button.

I've included a couple of poked versions with infinite lives and time.  ;)

dragon

Quote from: Phantomz on 20:22, 14 April 17
nocart 1.8 (60 traks support). ???  I might need to get hold of that  ;D

Is it available for download? also how do you use 60 tracks?

I thought could only do 40 or 80 ???

Nice work with Dan Dare II - Mekons Revenge , nice to see that you sorted out the bug.  8)

I've just converted your disk to cpr  ;D

Dan Dare II - Mekons Revenge

I've remapped Pause / Unpause to Joypad 1 Button 2, Quit game with console pause button.

I've included a couple of poked versions with infinite lives and time.  ;)

I think they support  the two, but i don't know if arnoldemu finished it, i have not try the part with the add bin. That because i testing it :D. I try turrican 2 to test these part. Im sure arnodemu don't have any problem to share it when its full tested.

PD:Bugs, not bug the have many bugs!.

Phantomz

I've just updated the first Dan Dare game....

" Dan Dare - Pilot Of The Future "

This was one of the first games that I converted, at the time I didn't know how to sort out the trainers or remap keys.

Due to dragon being good enough to fix the bugs in Dan Dare 2, I just remapped the keys in that game, so thought that I would do the same for the original " Dan Dare ".  ;)

Here is a new version of " Dan Dare - Pilot Of The Future ".

This version has a Trainer, you can pause the game with Joypad 1 Button 2, unpause with any button apart from console pause button as this is used to quit game.

Pass the highscore name entry with Joypad 1 Button 1.

Phantomz

Thanks to @arnoldemu and his nocart 1.9 with (60 track support).

I bring you my first cpr with 60 tracks.  ;D

This one is " Teenage Queen ", I did this game as I knew the XOR one side version was 60 tracks, so thought would be a good test.  ;D

Use Joypad 1 to play the game.
Use Joypad 1 Button 2 to confirm your choice when changing cards.
To see your partner entirely press Console Pause Button.

Phantomz

Here is a new version of " Enduro Racer ".

I've made this new version with the new fixed disk by @Nich , he also added a Trainer.  8)
The game does not crash at the end of level 5 now.  :)

I've left the controls the same as the old version I did.

Joypad 1 = Default Joystick controls, incase you want to plug a joystick in a play like the original
Joypad 2 = Button 1 for Increase Throttle, Button 2 for Apply Brake, Steer with Left and Right, Down to Pull Wheelie
Pause with Console Pause Button
Reset the game (Quit) with Joypad 1 Button 2

You can use Joypad 1 or 2 for Trainer options, so if you want to play with the joypad controls, you could just use port 2 if only have one pad.  ;)

Phantomz

I've done another game, this one I think is a hidden gem, it's taken a bit of work but think it's worth it.  8)

This game is " Spherical ", the game is a Solomon's Key clone.

The game is for one or two players, however I've done two different versions, one for one player and the other for one or two players.

I did this due to lack of buttons in the two player version, I've had to leave out the pause option, also you can't use the level skip on this version as there is no free buttons for level up or down free.

I have changed all the level codewords so that they all work ok on the console.   ;)

1 PLAYER VERSION
JOY 1 BUTTON 2 = MAGIC         
CONSOLE BUTTON = QUIT         

JOY 2 BUTTON 1 = PAUSE / UNPAUSE   
JOY 2 BUTTON 2 = TRY AGAIN      
JOY 2 UP AND DOWN TO CHANGE LEVELS    ( IF CHEAT MODE ACTIVATED WITH CHEAT CODE )

CODE ENTRY
----------
CONSOLE PAUSE BUTTON = P   JOY 1 BUTTON 1 TO ENTER      JOY 1 BUTTON 2 TO DELETE   

Player 1 Codes:
LEVEL 09 = P
LEVEL 19 = PP
LEVEL 39 = PPP
LEVEL 59 = PPPP
LEVEL 75 = PPPPP

CHEAT MODE (Next Level):
Code = PPPPPPPPPPP

2 PLAYER VERSION
JOY 1 BUTTON 2 = MAGIC         
CONSOLE BUTTON = QUIT         
JOY 2 BUTTON 2 = TRY AGAIN      

CODE ENTRY
----------
CONSOLE PAUSE BUTTON = P   JOY2 BUTTON 1 = G   JOY 1 BUTTON 1 TO ENTER      JOY 1 BUTTON 2 TO DELETE

Player 1 Codes:
09 = P
19 = PP
39 = PPP
59 = PPPP
75 = PPPPP

Player 2 Codes:
09 = G
19 = GG
39 = GGG
59 = GGGG
75 = GGGGG

Phantomz

Quote from: robcfg on 15:15, 19 May 16
May I ask if we already have Starquake, now that you mentiones Bubblebus?

@robcfg

I didn't try to make " Starquake " GX4000 friendly after I read the following from @dragon...

Quote from: dragon on 19:33, 19 May 16
Sound that starquake need severe modification as it uses clave routine  from a to z probaly it need build a alternative subroutine, and the only is cngsoft.

I haven't played this game before, but heard that it's really good so thought I'd check it out and see if it would be possible to convert to the GX4000.  ;D

I know that a keyboard is required to enter teleportation codes into the teleporters, also 1 to 5 at cheops pyramid to exchange items, and at core of heroes.

If there is anything I missed out then please let me know.  ;)

Anyway I've tried to make the game gx4000 friendly.  ;D

STARQUAKE

I've made the game default to the Joypad so you can press down to begin straight away from the menu screen, you can however select options on the menu screen with the joypad incase you want to use the keyboard on a plus machine.

Do not redefine the P key as I've mapped this to QUIT GAME.

Use Joypad 1 to play the game, pause game with button 2, unpause with any joypad button apart from button 2, quit game with console pause button.

I've had to change the teleportation codes so that they could be entered with the joypad, these are as follows.....

01 - VOREX      00001   
02 - RALIQ   00002
03 - TALIS   00003      
04 - ASCIO   00004   
05 - DULON   00005      
06 - QUORE   10005   
07 - ELIXA   20005
08 - ANGLE   30005
09 - KRYZL   40005
10 - OPTIK   50005   
11 - AMBOR   10505   
12 - INDOL   20505
13 - SNODY   30505
14 - ZODIA   40505   
15 - UPAZZ   50505

You can enter these with the following using Joypad 1....

1=1  2=2  U=3  L=4  R=5  D=0

You can also use the above to select 1 to 5 at cheops pyramid to exchange items, and at core of heroes.  ;)

Sykobee (Briggsy)

Phantomz

robcfg

Thank you very much!

Now, where do I have the game map?...  ;D

Phantomz

Quote from: robcfg on 15:36, 24 April 17
Thank you very much!

Now, where do I have the game map?...  ;D

There are maps here if you can't find yours.  ;)

Phantomz

I've been working on another game, this one is " Tornado Low Level ".

I can't release on cpr for the GX4000 yet as it needs the plus keyboard fix  :doh:

Maybe @Urusergi would be kind enough to work his magic and do a plus fix.  ;D

Urusergi did his magic.  8)

Urusergi

Quote from: Phantomz on 18:05, 03 May 17
Maybe @Urusergi would be kind enough to work his magic and do a plus fix.  ;D
Yeah,  8) here you are!

Phantomz

Quote from: Urusergi on 23:19, 03 May 17
Yeah,  8) here you are!

Thanks again Urusergi , great job yet again.  8)

So here is....

" Tornado Low Level ".

I've changed the Trainer to English to work with the Joypad.

The game is now Joypad only, I've changed the game menu....

1 to Start Game, 2 Mission Info, any button on Joypad 2 or console pause button to exit screen.

Ingame use Joypad 1 button 2 to view / exit map screen.

Pause the game with Joypad 2 Button 1, whilst paused, press Joypad 2 Button 1 again to quit, unpause with joypad 2 button 2 or any direction on Dpad or the console pause button.

Gryzor

Gryzor! Yesssss :D

Man you're unstoppable...

Anyobody updating the wiki table?

Shaun M. Neary

Just a quick post to thank everyone for their hard work on this. My C4CPC arrived today and the list of converted games is nothing short of remarkable.

It's almost worth hunting down a GX4000 for!
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

dragon

Appears turrican(2) can take some time, each level change the directions to the keys, so i need search and  patch level in level. 12 times to make the  entire game.

Sykobee (Briggsy)

Wow, each level includes its own game engine then. Makes sense given the variety of game styles. Looking forward to it.

(this game would be perfect for a plus rewrite using sprites and scrolling, and thus having a bigger screen, but there's only so much manpower in the community!)

Phantomz

" Midnight Resistance8)

Use new version on the next page.

Skunkfish

Here is my first GX4000 cart conversion, Potsworth & Co. from Hi-Tec Software.

Press any button to proceed on the new loading screen.

On the menu:
Fire 1 starts the game.
Pause button / 'P' will redefine the controls (necessary if keyboard controls are required)

In game:
Joystick controls by defaults. Up = jump, Down = crouch, Left = left, Right = right. These can be redefined as described above (you may want to move jump to Fire 2)

Pause button / 'P' will pause the game - press Fire to unpause.

I've not had a chance to test on real hardware, please let me know if any issues.
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

Phantomz

All updated.