News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

xenon

Quote from: Nich on 20:57, 09 May 17
Most of 4Mhz's games require 128KB of memory, so they won't be playable on the GX4000 (which has only 64KB of memory).

Oh, you're right. Games have been released even on tape... but 128 KB only. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

xenon

Quote from: dragon on 00:34, 10 May 17
I have a little conversation in retromadrid with one of the guys of 4mhz. He not know who i are.  So they are not very fan of cartridges conversions. He tell me he want buy one gx4000. But i tell her  retrocables not sell more.

Most people ignored the plus range as they not exist. And only want programm to the old range.

Im out now of make conversions. My pc have died, so i not know how many time i need to found the cause. And found a spare piece  of old tecnology from socket 478 era to repair it.

I was at Retromadrid  ;) , on my stand Klax for GX4000 was present  8)

dragon

Quote from: Phantomz on 19:08, 11 May 17
@dragon

Sorry to hear this.  :(

Hope you get your pc fixed soon.  ;)

Its a crap. When i shutdown the computer. It not boot more after 20 minutes. Then It switch on automatically . It can be power supply,motherboard or button case. I need dismount it   entire to chek the motherboard alone in a table.

Anyway there are are not spares. Found  power supply is a nightmare. Because he need high wattage in 3.3v +5v.  :picard2:  just the reverse of actual  power supply orientes to +12v

There are now no New motherboard to in 478  only these asrock crap with less ram and pci module.

Anyway the pc  suffers freeze. Some people in bad caps forum suggested me change al capacitators in the board(is a board manufactures in 2003).

But here i not know sites who recap motherboard :p. Their service is only for eeuu.

An autentic nightmare.

Quote from: xenon on 12:31, 12 May 17
I was at Retromadrid  ;) , on my stand Klax for GX4000 was present  8)

The only gx4000 in retromadrid. I not sit down( i have klax here).. But i view the stand with all klax versions :) . In the late night i was in the amstrad user Group  stand, i try Chichen itza  in the Spectrum +3  and was horrible. These delete key in the tab  colum aghh. Jaja.

Urusergi

Quote from: Phantomz on 00:05, 12 May 17
I think this version is 64k, it's the tape version without the music, maybe it could be fixed.  ;D

Yes, it could be fixed  ;)

Phantomz

Here is another game, this one is " Desert Fox ".

Use Joypad 2 Button 1 to quit, use Joypad 2 Button 2 to pause, any button to unpause.

Johnny Olsen

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 02:46, 12 May 17

I've attached both the fixed dsk image and the cpr in case anyone knows how to map 1 and 2 to up or down.

You have to run Adidas Championship Tie Break in WinApe,
when the xor screen show up press F7 and goto #8b8b.

8B8B CALL #BB06
8B8E CP #31 ----- Change #31 to #0B = Joystick up
8B90 JR Z,8B98
8B92 CP #32 ----- Change #32 to #0A = Joystick Down
8B94 JR NZ,#8B8B
8B96 JR #8B9D
8B98 LD A,#C9
8B9A LD (#8C18),A
8B9D CALL #8A70

or you can change to
character #58 = X = Joystick fire 1
character #5A = Z = Joystick fire 2

From The Amstrad CPC Firmware Guide:
&BB06 KM WAIT CHAR
Action  Waits for the next character from the keyboard buffer

Entry  No entry conditions

Exit  Carry is true,
A holds the character value,
the other flags are corrupt,
and all other registers are preserved

Shaun M. Neary

Jail Break.
8/10 of Konami's Arcade Collection is converted, so I figured this would be worth bundling in.

Space bar could use a re-mapping to button 2 for the weapon select, but other than that it's fairly plain sailing. =)
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

DanyPPC

CPC 464 with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 464+ with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 6128+ with C4CPC and Gotek HxC USB Drive Emulator

Phantomz

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 19:11, 15 May 17
Jail Break.
8/10 of Konami's Arcade Collection is converted, so I figured this would be worth bundling in.

Space bar could use a re-mapping to button 2 for the weapon select, but other than that it's fairly plain sailing. =)

Did you remap any controls for the GX4000 ?  or just convert the disc to cpr?

I can't get past the Trainer, also I think this version is 128k as just loops on winape in 64k mode.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Phantomz on 21:11, 15 May 17
Did you remap any controls for the GX4000 ?  or just convert the disc to cpr?

I can't get past the Trainer, also I think this version is 128k as just loops on winape in 64k mode.

Straight conversion. Works fine on 6128+
Original dsk file from NVG.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Phantomz

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 21:13, 15 May 17

Straight conversion. Works fine on 6128+
Original dsk file from NVG.

No problem   :)

I was just checking as didn't want @remax to add it to the GX4000 page when it doesn't work on that system, not only due to keys not being mapped but also this version requiring 128k.

Shaun M. Neary

I can have a look for a 64k version and try again. 😊

Shaun M. Neary

Jail Break again.
This time it has no Trainer, 64k version Abraxas rip from cpc-power.

Still could use a keymap for space to button 2
@Phantomz if you wanna give it a try on a GX4000 and see how you get on?

Phantomz

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 23:04, 15 May 17
Jail Break again.
This time it has no Trainer, 64k version Abraxas rip from cpc-power.

Still could use a keymap for space to button 2
@Phantomz if you wanna give it a try on a GX4000 and see how you get on?

This one will work as it's 64k , you just need to work out how to remap space to button 2 and maybe delete to pause to the console pause button.

Hopefully there will be a guide soon so that you can do this.

Anyone can convert a disc to cpr with nocart, the tricky part comes with remapping all the controls.  :doh:

I was working on this game myself, I just haven't gone back to it yet, I've got it so that it stops on the loading screen, I know where the space and delete are just didn't figure out what to change them too.

I might have a look at it again sometime.

Hopefully you might figure it out, then it's your conversion.  ;)

Some games have taken me ages to find the controls to remap, I just go back to them from time to time,  Feud is one of my favourite games and that took me ages.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Phantomz on 02:10, 16 May 17
This one will work as it's 64k , you just need to work out how to remap space to button 2 and maybe delete to pause to the console pause button.

Hopefully there will be a guide soon so that you can do this.

Anyone can convert a disc to cpr with nocart, the tricky part comes with remapping all the controls.  :doh:

I was working on this game myself, I just haven't gone back to it yet, I've got it so that it stops on the loading screen, I know where the space and delete are just didn't figure out what to change them too.

I might have a look at it again sometime.

Hopefully you might figure it out, then it's your conversion.  ;)

Some games have taken me ages to find the controls to remap, I just go back to them from time to time,  Feud is one of my favourite games and that took me ages.

The console pause button will never happen on my end at any time soon due to not having a GX4000 to test it on.  :laugh:

Phantomz

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 02:34, 16 May 17
The console pause button will never happen on my end at any time soon due to not having a GX4000 to test it on.  :laugh:

The P key on a real cpc or emulator will have to do then.  ;)

Johnny Olsen

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 02:34, 16 May 17

Now, You can have one. 

https://sourceforge.net/projects/javagx4000/

remax

Yeah, please avoid 128k only games on this topic, or at  least add a clear description that it's not usable on a GX4000
Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

Here is another game, this one is....

" CABAL "

I applied the bug fix for the highscore table and fixed the plus keyboard bug.  ;)

The game has a trainer for infinite lives, I have however included a couple of poked versions that give you infinite grenades and Invulnerability, it helped me play test it to completion on my gx4000.   ;)

The game is joypad only.

Use Joypad 1 Button 2 for grenades, pause with the console pause button, any button to unpause.

Joypad 2 Button 1 to quit.

Phantomz

Here is another game, this one is " Sonic Boom ".  8)

It's a nice looking Shoot'Em Up, it's has six levels but no ending unfortunately so just loops.

It has a trainer with infinite lives and start level select.

Use Joypad 1 Button 2 for Super Shot.

You can redefine controls if you wish by pressing console pause button ( P ) on main screen.

Press console pause button ( P ) for Yes to Continue or Yes to confirm redefine controls, any other button is no.

Joypad 2 Button 1 ( G ) to Quit game.

AxelStone

Man thanks for your work, really a quite impressive collection of CPR already available  ;)

Gryzor

Going on towards the 200th page of this thread... :D

Phantomz

I've been working with @Urusergi
This one is " Total Recall "

Use Joypad 1 Button 2 to Pause, any button to unpause.
Console Pause Button to Quit game.
Joypad 1 Button 1 or 2 to pass high score table.

Joypad 1 Fire Button 1 and Down will toggle between armed and unarmed combat. ( original game controls ).

You can choose " Total Recall " or " Total Rewrite ", Total Rewrite is when the level skip inbuilt cheat ( test mode ) is activated.  ;D

Phantomz

Here is another game, this one is " Light Force ".

It's was the only game in the original 8 bit wars that we couldn't play on the GX4000

The game is now Joypad only.

Use Joypad 1 Button 2 to Activate Special Weapons, pause / unpause with the console pause button.

The game had a trainer for infinite lives, I've made it look better and included a Invulneraility option.

Sykobee (Briggsy)

Loved that game back in the day!
Is Marauder moddable?