News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaun M. Neary

Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Phantomz

Quote from: Sykobee (Briggsy) on 22:10, 31 May 17
Loved that game back in the day!
Is Marauder moddable?

Here is " Marauder;)

Now Joypad Only.

Use Joypad 1 Button 2 for Smart Bombs.

Console Pause Button should pause, however the game doesn't pause properly ( same problem with original disks ).  ???

Shaun M. Neary

@Phantomz is on fire tonight!!

Careful man, this will turn into a request thread before you know it  :laugh:
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Phantomz

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 04:30, 01 June 17
Careful man, this will turn into a request thread before you know it  :laugh:

I think most of the good ( main ) games can now be played on the GX4000.  :)

It's might be a console, but it's an Amstrad system at the end of the day and it needed a better software library than it received.

I'm sure more cpr's will be made, I know a few people are interested in making cpr's so they might like requests.  ;)

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Phantomz on 12:19, 01 June 17
I think most of the good ( main ) games can now be played on the GX4000.  :)

It's might be a console, but it's an Amstrad system at the end of the day and it needed a better software library than it received.

I'm sure more cpr's will be made, I know a few people are interested in making cpr's so they might like requests.  ;)

I couldn't agree more! In fact I have a couple of bids on a couple of GX4000s as a result. I can think of several games that would make welcome additions that narrowly missed a Mastergame or a Rave 😊

dragon

My pentium 4 is repaired. when i have some time i continue with  turrican 2. Finally after five years i killed the freeze.

Gryzor

Oh how I loved Lightforce... I could play it for hours on end without losing a life!

Phantomz

Here is another Shoot'Em Up, this one is" Bedlam ".

Controls remapped to Joypads by default, for one player, two player or dual play.

Joypad 2 Button 2 to Pause / unpause.

Console pause button to quit.

* CHEAT MODE (resume at the level where you lost):
On the main menu, simply press down on Joypad 2.

Phantomz

Here is another Shoot'Em Up to play on the GX4000.  ;D

This one is " Alien Attack ", it's a Type-in/Listing but I think it was worth converting.  ;)

Use Joypad 1 Button 2 to Pause game, any button to unpause.

Shaun M. Neary

Eeeee! Another one for the collection.

Hey @Phantomz, fancy doing a conversion for Wonder Boy? I still think it's a great game, it's 64k, only uses one fire button and would only need buttons 1 and 2 mapped to keys 1 and 2 for one and two player (i think).  :D

Phantomz

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 15:21, 13 July 17
Eeeee! Another one for the collection.

Hey @Phantomz, fancy doing a conversion for Wonder Boy? I still think it's a great game, it's 64k, only uses one fire button and would only need buttons 1 and 2 mapped to keys 1 and 2 for one and two player (i think).  :D

I had a quick look at this the other day, can't find the 1 or 2 or ESC to pause at the moment, will have another look at it when I get some free time, unless someone else does it first.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Phantomz on 13:09, 17 July 17
I had a quick look at this the other day, can't find the 1 or 2 or ESC to pause at the moment, will have another look at it when I get some free time, unless someone else does it first.

Dude, the fact that you're considering it and having a look at it is enough as it is. No panic on it at all. =)
Thank you (and everyone else who's converted) once again for all the work you've put into this.

rickyordi

Oups !! The download link of the latest Full Set version (2017.07.19) seems to be broken.. :(

remax

Argh, i tryied a new thing. Guess it didn't work.

I'll fix it in the afternoon

EDIT : DONE
Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

Here is " Acolyte".  :)

It's one of the Unreleased games by Clockwize.  8)

Information available in the following thread.

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/games/unreleased-games-by-clockwize/

Joypad 1 Button 2 to Pause, unpause with Joypad 1 Button 1, Quit with Console Pause Button.

You can level skip with Joypad 2 Button 1.

Phantomz

Here is " Frogger "

It's another one of the Unreleased games by Clockwize.  8)

Pause with Joypad 1 Button 2, unpause with Joypad 1 Button 1, Quit game with Console Pause Button.

00WReX

The following are more or less straight CPR conversions by me using NoCart v1.4
I have tested them all on a real GX4000 and they appear to be fine.

Burning Wheels:
For the GX4000, full gameplay appears fine.
Joystick / Gamepad control with no keyboard interaction required.

Coolbox:
A BASIC game by Morri on the CPCwiki forum.
Some simple key mods for use on GX4000.
Gamepad 1: Direction pad left/right to move 'Coolbox'. Direction pad up = Restart level. Direction pad down = Music off.
Fire button 1 = Pickup/drop, Pause button = Quit back to main screen.

Crazy Legs:
A BASIC game from ACU magazine.
Instructions within game.
Minor button changes for use on GX4000.

Project Future:

Rock Hopper:
A BASIC game from ACU magazine.

Roland takes a running jump:
A game from ACU magazine.

Rubble:
A BASIC game by Morri on the CPCwiki forum.
Minor button changes for use on GX4000.

Space Mania:
A game from ACU magazine.

Syntax:

Cheers,
Shane

The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Phantomz

Cheers for the games 00WReX.  ;D

I haven't heard of most of them to be honest, I have heard of " CoolBox " however, I already converted that game, it's on the " Converted GX4000 Software " page.  ;D

00WReX

Quote from: Phantomz on 14:25, 31 July 17
Cheers for the games 00WReX.  ;D

I haven't heard of most of them to be honest, I have heard of " CoolBox " however, I already converted that game, it's on the " Converted GX4000 Software " page.  ;D

Thanks Phantomz...woops, I did not notice Coolbox was already done.

I did base mine on the latest revision though, so I will claim ignorance  ;D

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/games/coolbox-revised/

And regarding the others, yeh some slightly obscure ones.
I have been going through a heap of games lately just checking out some of the less 'mainstream' games.
Along the way noting which ones are basically 'Joystick only' and running them through nocart and playing them on the GX4000.

Nothing fancy like you are doing, but I am only including the ones that are fully usable with only the joystick/gamepad.

At some point I will have to start converting games like you are doing, but I will need to look into it a bit more.

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

00WReX

The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

AMSDOS

@00WReX The 10-Liners I made earlier in the year, with the exception of "Red's Exit" (which uses JOY() to control the Red Line) use the cursor keys ( :D ).
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Sykobee (Briggsy)

I should replace the inkey() with joy() in my one.

You could stick all the ten-liners in one program, with a menu selector to select one!

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: 00WReX on 00:17, 01 August 17

At some point I will have to start converting games like you are doing, but I will need to look into it a bit more.

Cheers,
Shane

If you ever figure it out, hit me up. I'd love to convert too, but I've no clue where to start...

AMSDOS

Quote from: Sykobee (Briggsy) on 12:17, 01 August 17
I should replace the inkey() with joy() in my one.

For some reason I thought your game was making good use of the keyboard. If you have a small bit of room you could replace the Key numbers with the Joystick ones (72=Up, 73=Down, 74=Left, 75=Right for example), otherwise it's JOY(0)=1, JOY(0)=2, JOY(0)=4,JOY(0)=8 for Up, Down, Left, Right.

You could stick all the ten-liners in one program, with a menu selector to select one!

I have a Menu Selection program which would do the trick, but wouldn't I need to get everyone's permission? I could email Antonio Corpas Cuenca, though by the looks of him, he might want some Money  :D  I'm unsure if I saw a contact for Wiremu Te Kani, help!  :D
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Phantomz

Here is " Unpredictaball "

It's another one of the Unreleased games by Clockwize.  8)

Pause with Joypad 1 Button 2, unpause with Joypad 1 Button 1, Quit game with Console Pause Button.