News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaun M. Neary

Couple of requests if you think you're up to it guys?

Trying to complete the They Sold A Million II set. We already have Bruce Lee.

How about Knight Lore, Match Day and Match Point?  :)
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Phantomz

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 21:44, 11 February 18
Couple of requests if you think you're up to it guys?

Trying to complete the They Sold A Million II set. We already have Bruce Lee.

How about Knight Lore, Match Day and Match Point?  :)

@Shaun M. Neary I did one of these games sometime ago, just forgot to upload it.

Here is........

" Knight Lore "   ;D

The text is encoded so I can't change it.

When the game loads up music will play on the main menu, when the music stops joystick will be selected automatically.  8)

Use Joypad Button 2 to turn directional control on / off, start game with Joypad Button 1.

Directional control on = Joypad Button 2 to pick up
Directional control off = Joypad Down to pick up.

Console Pause Button to Pause / unpause.

Shaun M. Neary

We're off to a good start! Shall I keep the suggestions coming if these get finished?
Plenty of unfinished compilations out there!  ;)
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Phantomz

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 23:40, 11 February 18
We're off to a good start! Shall I keep the suggestions coming if these get finished?
Plenty of unfinished compilations out there!  ;)

If some other people help out, I can't do them all, got to spend sometime with the other half.  :laugh:

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Phantomz on 00:13, 12 February 18
If some other people help out, I can't do them all, got to spend sometime with the other half.  :laugh:

Ah of course. There's no pressure or panic on anything I request.

And if I can figure it out over the weekend with the guide posted recently, hopefully I'll be able to contribute to it too.  :)

Phantomz

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 12:39, 12 February 18

Ah of course. There's no pressure or panic on anything I request.

And if I can figure it out over the weekend with the guide posted recently, hopefully I'll be able to contribute to it too.  :)

Cool, I'll do what I can when I can like normal then.  ;)

Have you got a link to the guide, I must have missed it if it was posted on here.  ???

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Phantomz on 15:52, 12 February 18
Cool, I'll do what I can when I can like normal then.  ;)

Have you got a link to the guide, I must have missed it if it was posted on here.  ???

Yep. @Skunkfish posted it last week here: http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/games/converted-gx4000-cpr-the-topic/msg155518/#msg155518

Phantomz

@paradroid90

I've done the best I can with " Magica ", the problem is that the game disks that are available are compressed so I can only do so much.

Maybe if there was a working cngsoft version @Urusergi could do his magic.  :)

Here is " Magica ".

You can press fire to start straight away on the joystick option, UP or Button 2 is used to jump, use Joypad 2 Button 1 ( G ) to pause / unpause.

or push down once to select keyboard option, this will allow you to use the Joypad to play the game, UP or Button 2 is used to jump, however with this option you can use the console pause button to pause / unpause.

If you push down twice you can redefine the controls, you won't be able to redefine up on the joystick though so will need to select both buttons to fire / jump.

I can't remap quit anywhere or add pokes due to compression.

This is the best I can do so I hope it's ok for you.  ;D

paradroid90

Thanks Phantomz :-) I will leave you in peace.....for now  :laugh:
Embrace all 8 Bits :-)

Phantomz

@Shaun M. Neary

Here is one of the game you wanted.  ;)

This one is.....

" Match Point ".

Press Joypad 1 Button 1 for Enter at enter names, this will make Player names default to Player1 and Player2.

I've mapped y and n to joypad 1 left and right, y and n can still be pressed on the plus computer.

If you press y or n by mistake at name entry, just press joypad 1 button 2 to delete, I've also mapped delete to delete as you needed to press joystick left on the original ( well in winape you do ).  ???

Press console pause button to Restart Game, then push left or right for y or n, or use keyboard on the plus.

Token

I always loved this tennis Phantomz, thank you, the first I played, other were pong.

Jet set Willy and Manic Miner still not converted :)

paradroid90

Quote from: Token on 01:00, 13 February 18
I always loved this tennis Phantomz, thank you, the first I played, other were pong.

Jet set Willy and Manic Miner still not converted :)

Manic Miner has already been converted and plays great with the GX Joypad :-)
Embrace all 8 Bits :-)

ukmarkh

Did anyone convert Classic Invaders, Classic Muncher and Classic Axiens?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ukmarkh

Quote from: Phantomz on 23:18, 12 February 18
@Shaun M. Neary

Here is one of the game you wanted.  ;)

This one is.....

" Match Point ".

Press Joypad 1 Button 1 for Enter at enter names, this will make Player names default to Player1 and Player2.

I've mapped y and n to joypad 1 left and right, y and n can still be pressed on the plus computer.

If you press y or n by mistake at name entry, just press joypad 1 button 2 to delete, I've also mapped delete to delete as you needed to press joystick left on the original ( well in winape you do ).  ???

Press console pause button to Restart Game, then push left or right for y or n, or use keyboard on the plus.

Thank you, I used to play this all the time as a kid [emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shaun M. Neary

Token

Quote from: paradroid90 on 07:52, 13 February 18
Manic Miner has already been converted and plays great with the GX Joypad :-)
Cool! Can you share it, it's not on the full set or in the converted GX4000 wiki list. Maybe in a compilation? 

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Token on 15:51, 13 February 18
Cool! Can you share it, it's not on the full set or in the converted GX4000 wiki list. Maybe in a compilation?

Was only posted a few days ago. Scroll back a couple of pages, you'll find it here:
http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/games/converted-gx4000-cpr-the-topic/msg155476/#msg155476

Token

Wow great. I'm going to be busy with it now  :D I've tried to convert it in the past, but couldn't change the controls, I think it's also the case with JSW. (but have it for 6128+)

Shaun M. Neary

Always found JSW insanely difficult.

I think I got as far as two screens from finishing Manic Miner, possibly one screen.

Phantomz

UPDATE

@Shaun M. Neary

I've updated " Match Point ".

I noticed that there is a trick for this game.

* Play in slow motion:
  Hold down the CTRL + CAPSLOCK keys

I've made the game use Joypad 1 Button 2 to play in slow motion, if you say yes on the menu, if you say no, then it will be CTRL on the keyboard.

If you activate the slow motion option to Joypad 1 Button 2, then only button 1 will work on the pads to hit the ball, if you put no, then both buttons will work on the game pads.

Phantomz

@Shaun M. Neary

Here is the second game that you wanted.  ;)

This one is " Match Day ".

I've remapped the controls to both Joypads by default.

I can't seem to get pause to work in winape, does it even work in the original?

Because of this there is no pause option at the moment, If the original game has working pause keys let me know, I also can't see any quit option.

Because there is no pause option at the moment, I've made both the joypad fire buttons do the same, so will both kick by default.

I can't change the onscreen prompts for the option screens, but the controls are as follows....

CONTROLS ON MENU
UP = ESC
DOWN = SPACE
LEFT = YES
RIGHT = NO
FIRE 1 = ENTER
FIRE 2 = DELETE

Because I've mapped these controls to the Joypad, the keys will also work as normal on the plus computer.  ;)

Shaun M. Neary

You are a machine!

The pause was kinda fiddly on the original I think, literally had to be tapped if memory serves me well.
It also has the same menu system as winter games I think.

Thank you!

Urusergi

****** JET SET WILLY THE FINAL FRONTIER AKA JET SET WILLY 2 ******

Controls:
Joy1 Fire1 -> Start
Joy1 Up  -> Colour monitor
Joy1 Down -> Monochrome monitor

Ingame:

Joy1 Fire2 -> Pause & Music on/off
Pause button -> Exit

CHEAT MODE!!
Pressing Joy1 Down, Right, up and left. After, every time you press exit, it will appear The Cartography Room to be able to choose the screen that you want  8)

Apart this rom comes with a Trainer (infinite lives & harmless enemies)

Shaun M. Neary

Token

Quote from: Urusergi on 17:05, 15 February 18
****** JET SET WILLY THE FINAL FRONTIER AKA JET SET WILLY 2 ******

Controls:
Joy1 Fire1 -> Start
Joy1 Up  -> Colour monitor
Joy1 Down -> Monochrome monitor

Ingame:

Joy1 Fire2 -> Pause & Music on/off
Pause button -> Exit

CHEAT MODE!!
Pressing Joy1 Down, Right, up and left. After, every time you press exit, it will appear The Cartography Room to be able to choose the screen that you want  8)

Apart this rom comes with a Trainer (infinite lives & harmless enemies)
Wowowow :)))  :-* :-* :-*