News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

00WReX

Quote from: ukmarkh on 07:47, 29 April 18
That's a bloody good time, well done [emoji1303] what's your strategy for corner three (the loop)?

Here goes...

As you approach the second lap, ensure you are crossing the start/finish line at top speed (250).
Back off a little to enter turn one, but try not to wash off too much speed, and once out of turn one, accelerate to hit 250 again (or very close to it) momentarily.
As you see turn 2, quickly change down from 6th to 3rd gear, as this will wash of a lot of speed.
You will be entering turn 3 right on the limit (turn in slightly early), as your speed will take you wide, and right to the edge of the track.
All going well, you feather it around turn 3 at around 110, ready to punch it straight out...

[attach=1]

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

paradroid90

Embrace all 8 Bits :-)

Phantomz

Quote from: paradroid90 on 10:23, 29 April 18
How about Starstrike 2 guys :-)

Maybe @Urusergi would be kind enough to do this game.  :)

He converted the first game, so he might have an idea how the keys are mapped in this one too. 

ukmarkh

Is Mercs a 64k or 128k game, I just remember loving it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phantomz

Quote from: ukmarkh on 18:47, 29 April 18
Is Mercs a 64k or 128k game, I just remember loving it.

I had a look at this game sometime ago, the game is 64k but most cracks use 128k or are compressed if I remember correctly.
I believe the version by spanishhacker works in 64k, but I believe that the joystick doesn't work for player 2 if I remember correctly.

I know something stopped me working on it!

ukmarkh

Quote from: Phantomz on 19:33, 29 April 18
I had a look at this game sometime ago, the game is 64k but most cracks use 128k or are compressed if I remember correctly.
I believe the version by spanishhacker works in 64k, but I believe that the joystick doesn't work for player 2 if I remember correctly.

I know something stopped me working on it!

At the very least, thanks for trying. It would have been nice [emoji1303] but you can't have everything

Phantomz

Here is another game, this one is.....

" The Curse Of Sherwood ".

The game is now Joypad Only.

Use Joypad 1 Button 2 for Map when collected.

Press Console Pause Button ( P ) to continue from score screen.

I remapped space to continue to the console pause button because it would skip past the score screen if remapped to joypad button/s.

I've included a Trainer to give Infinite lives.

Phantomz

Just done a small update to....

" BALL CRAZY ".

It's the same as the version on the GX4000 game page ( Trainer still the same ), apart from the following...

You can now pause with Joypad 1 Button 2, unpause with Joypad 1 Button 1.

ukmarkh

Quote from: Phantomz on 20:25, 01 May 18
Just done a small update to....

" BALL CRAZY ".

It's the same as the version on the GX4000 game page ( Trainer still the same ), apart from the following...

You can now pause with Joypad 1 Button 2, unpause with Joypad 1 Button 1.

That's great! Thank you, I needed this pause button last night [emoji23] Great little game

Phantomz

Quote from: ukmarkh on 21:36, 01 May 18
That's great! Thank you, I needed this pause button last night [emoji23] Great little game

I noticed someone was playing it last night on facebook, take it that was you.  ;D

It made me look at the game again and I noticed pause wasn't remapped.  ;)

Some of my earlier cpr's might not have paused mapped as didn't know as much as I know now.

ukmarkh

Quote from: Phantomz on 21:48, 01 May 18
I noticed someone was playing it last night on facebook, take it that was you.  ;D

It made me look at the game again and I noticed pause wasn't remapped.  ;)

Some of my earlier cpr's might not have paused mapped as didn't know as much as I know now.

That pause button saved my life a few times back in the day, can't believe more consoles didn't use a similar thing. But yes, all games need a pause button [emoji23] The door bell rings, kids wake up, wife forgets her keys, toilet 🤪

Phantomz

" CON-QUEST ".

The game requires both Joypads.

ukmarkh

Has Rex been converted yet, great little shooter for the CPC? Couldn't see it in the list [emoji848]

ukmarkh

Also, where is Gothik, from Firebird, some people rate that higher than Gauntlet

ukmarkh

Quote from: 00WReX on 09:52, 29 April 18
Here goes...

As you approach the second lap, ensure you are crossing the start/finish line at top speed (250).
Back off a little to enter turn one, but try not to wash off too much speed, and once out of turn one, accelerate to hit 250 again (or very close to it) momentarily.
As you see turn 2, quickly change down from 6th to 3rd gear, as this will wash of a lot of speed.
You will be entering turn 3 right on the limit (turn in slightly early), as your speed will take you wide, and right to the edge of the track.
All going well, you feather it around turn 3 at around 110, ready to punch it straight out...

[attach=1]

Cheers,
Shane

This is the best I've managed thus far, but will give it another go this evening. Such a great technical game that my ten year old brain couldn't fathom out back in the day [emoji23]

Phantomz

" CLASSIC INVADERS ".

The game is now Joypad only.

Joypad 1 Button 2 to Pause / unpause.

Console Pause Button to Quit.

I've removed the save and load scores as this will not work on the cpr, however you still need to pass the high score table so not to get stuck.

You couldn't just press enter, something needs to be typed first.

I've remapped the joypad to the following, Up = 1, Left = 2 , Right =3 , Down = 4 , Fire 1 = Enter, Fire 2 = Delete.

Therefore you could press console pause button for P, then Joypad Up for 1, then press Joypad Button 1 to Enter to enter name as P1.  ;)

ukmarkh

Quote from: Phantomz on 19:52, 06 May 18

" CLASSIC INVADERS ".

The game is now Joypad only.

Joypad 1 Button 2 to Pause / unpause.

Console Pause Button to Quit.

I've removed the save and load scores as this will not work on the cpr, however you still need to pass the high score table so not to get stuck.

You couldn't just press enter, something needs to be typed first.

I've remapped the joypad to the following, Up = 1, Left = 2 , Right =3 , Down = 4 , Fire 1 = Enter, Fire 2 = Delete.

Therefore you could press console pause button for P, then Joypad Up for 1, then press Joypad Button 1 to Enter to enter name as P1.  ;)

There is a god [emoji1303]

Phantomz

Quote from: ukmarkh on 20:33, 05 May 18
Also, where is Gothik, from Firebird, some people rate that higher than Gauntlet

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkH

Here is " GOTHIK;D

The game is Joypads only, both Joypads required.

Joypad 1 Button 2 = STATUS DISPLAY
Joypad 2 Button 1 = TO TAKE POTION / ENTER PORTAL
Joypad 2 Button 2 = FIRESTORM
Joypad 2 UP = METAMORPHOSE FOOD / GOLD
Console Pause Button = QUIT

I've included the original title screen and the new C64 version, I've also included a Trainer for Infinite Energy.

I don't know if there is a highscore table, let me know if it all works ok as haven't got real hardware available at the moment.

Chinnery

I've got a wee question regarding the file sizes of these carts.
Essentially I am trying to play some of these on a real GX4000. I have boatloads of M27C1001 eproms that need using up and a hacked up GX4000 cart.  This works fine for all the "official" releases.
I know I need to modify the links in the cart to use a larger rom as in this collection, but am wondering why the size of some of these images is overly large?
This is not a criticism, it is a genuine question.
For example, I've converted Arkanoid from CPR to BIN, which is a 512k file size. However looking at the actual data, it shows that from 0x1288e, it appears to be just padding, with a few kb of character 0xe5 then the rest is 0xff.
In this instance, would it be safe to trim the bin file to 128kb and write to a smaller eprom which works with my existing hacked cart?? Is there a checksum that will need need to recalculated? I suppose I could just "try and see"... I know the intention of these files is for a C4CPR gadget which this over-sizing isn't probably an issue.

And whilst I am here, I've noticed in the collection that "Blue Angel 69" and "Puzznic" aren't technically valid CPR files as they contain the following string in them at the end:
File downloaded from * * * C P C - P O W E R * * * 2015-05-02 12:20:38 * * *
I'm still working on my parser/converter so I may find a few other niggles.

Phantomz

I've done another game, this one is.....

" ARMY MOVES ".

@dragon converted this game ages a go, but I've done my own version.  8)

The game is pretty hard so thought we could do with a version with a Trainer, all the versions I found with a Trainer couldn't be worked on due to compression. :doh:

I found a cracked version of the game that I could work on and thought I'd sort a Trainer out myself.

The original version by dragon has no trainer and skips the title screen pretty fast, I've now included a Trainer for Infinite Lives and Invulnerability ( still die if fall through gaps or hit the ground ).

I've also made it stop on the title screen until you press a button.

In the old version you had to select joystick before you could start, I've now made it default to the joypad so you can just press button 1 to begin.

In the old version you couldn't redefine button 2 on the joypad, I've made it so you can redefine the joypad in case you want to swop the buttons around.  ;)

I made the console pause button the pause button, any button to unpause, however the console pause button will also turn music on / off if you press it a second time. ( handy if only got 1 pad plugged in ).

Only need pad two for Joy 2 Button 1 ( G ) to Quit.

Phantomz

I've just updated " BOMB JACK ".

I've included two versions, one with the original Title screen and one with the Title screen in Overscan and CPC+ Palette ( Push UP to pass ).

I thought the Trainer to enter the amount of lives was a bit of a pain in the old version, so thought I'd remove it and make a fresh version.

I've changed the Trainer completely and done a new one, you can now choose to have Infinite Lives instead of setting the amount, I think the Trainer looks a lot better now.

In the old version you also had to select joystick before you start, I've made this new version default to the joypad so you can press 1 or 2 to start a 1 or 2 player game straight away.

Press any direction of the joypad d-pad to skip high score table.

I've also updated " BOMB JACK II ".

I've changed the look of the Trainer.

In the old version you also had to select joystick before you start, I've made this new version default to the joypad so you can press 1 or 2 to start a 1 or 2 player game straight away.

Press any direction of the joypad d-pad to skip high score table.

Phantomz

I've just updated " GOLDEN AXE ".  8)

It was hard to do, but I've found how to get the game to let you remap magic to Joypad 1 Button 2 at long last, so we can now have both Joypads fully working, instead of playing one using the console pause button.  ;D

I can find pause and quit when the game is running, however I can't remap pause to the console pause button due to compression.

All the controls are the same as the version on the GX4000 wiki page, the only thing changed is Joypad 1 Button 2 can be remapped too.

Phantomz

" WORLD CLASS LEADERBOARD ".

I've made four cpr's, one for each course, so just load the course you wish to play.

Select Number of Players with, 1 = Up, 2 = Left, 3 = Right, 4 = Down

Enter Player Level with the following, Pause Button is P = Professional, Controller 2 Button 1 is a = Amateur, Controller 2 Button 2 is k = Kids

Controller 1 Button 2 = Enter, so you can enter your name/s as X, XX, XXX, XXXX  ( Can't enter numbers ).

Phantomz

" GUNSMOKE ".

When I converted this game, I didn't realise that @dragon had already converted it, well sort of, his version is the Spanish version ( Desperado ), therefore I thought I'd share my version too, so both versions can be available.  ;)

The game menu is sluggish for some reason, but all options work, just keep pressing the option you want.  ???

I've included a poked version which give infinite lives.

Phantomz

Here is an update to " OPERATION WOLF ".

The game was converted by @Urusergi a while back.

I haven't changed anything to the game itself, however I have added the Operation Wolf -Animation by  Musicman3512.

I've added a menu option to view animation or run the game.

Hopefully it will all work ok, I haven't got access to real hardware at the moment, but it appears to work ok in winape.  ;)