News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Shining

It's not quite the right topic here, but I think, I can address the experts here   :) :

I used nocart1.4 in the past to create cpr's of some dsk's including my productions.

Because I want to burn an eprom now with some stuff and I only have 512kB eproms, I was wondering if nocart can be used to create cpr's with a
bigger size than the usual 178kB-Format. I've read somewhere about a somewhat extended format (DA3A) in newer nocarts but I did not find any documentation or howto about it.

Anyone?
TGS is back

Download my productions at:
cpc.scifinet.org

Phantomz

Quote from: ukmarkh on 04:14, 02 July 18
Would it be possible for someone to have a look at Grand Prix Simulator from Codies, just doesn't work for me.

Pretty sure I tested this when I did it ages ago, I will have a look later unless someone else gives it a test first.

Quote from: ukmarkh on 04:14, 02 July 18
Also, would it be possible for someone to change the controls for Super Hang On, having to press up and hold up for turbo is an absolute nightmare to control. It would be better if pressing down on the D-Pad for brake, button 1 - Accelerate and button 2 - Turbo.

Here is another version with the controls the way you want them, I did it my way as you need to hold down accelerate still whilst holding turbo, so with your controls you will need to hold both buttons at the same time for turbo.

ukmarkh

Sorry to be a pain, could a similar method be provided for Chase HQ, suffers from the same issue of having to press and hold up.

Change Gear = Up, Accelerate = 1, Turbo = 2, Brake = Down

Eternally grateful if anyone could help with this...

Phantomz

@ukmarkh

Here is another version of " Super Hang-On " to give a try.

This is the same as my original version, however I've removed the need of a second button for Turbo, button 1 is now also turbo, therefore accelerate will give the max speed possible.

Use Joypad 1 Button 1 to Accelerate, Button 2 to Brake
Joypad 1 Button 1 is now also TURBO therefore it will work when at MAX SPEED
Pause with Console Pause Button, unpause with Joypad 1 Button 1
Push UP on Joypad 1 to enter intial on score table

ukmarkh

Quote from: Phantomz on 16:58, 02 July 18
@ukmarkh

Here is another version of " Super Hang-On " to give a try.

This is the same as my original version, however I've removed the need of a second button for Turbo, button 1 is now also turbo, therefore accelerate will give the max speed possible.

Use Joypad 1 Button 1 to Accelerate, Button 2 to Brake
Joypad 1 Button 1 is now also TURBO therefore it will work when at MAX SPEED
Pause with Console Pause Button, unpause with Joypad 1 Button 1
Push UP on Joypad 1 to enter intial on score table

Amazing work, I never thought of that  ;)

Phantomz

Here is an update to " CHASE HQ 8)

Controls changed as requested.

Use Joypad 1 UP for Gear ( Start Game ) Joypad 1 DOWN for Brake, Accelerate and Turbo with Joypad 1 Button 1 and 2

Redefine Joypad 2 the same as Joypad 1 = UP, 1, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, PAUSE, 2 ( 6 G 5 R T P F ) to get TEST MODE
Now play the game with Joypad 2, Joypad 1 UP = 1 Life, LEFT = Restart Level, RIGHT = Next Level, DOWN = Congratulation

ukmarkh

Unbelievable turn around there  :)  I think there's lots of racing games on the CPC that could actually benefit from changing the 'up' from accelerate. I bet Outrun would play better... Maybe Wec-Le-Mans... Powerdrift... Continental Circus...

Phantomz

Quote from: ukmarkh on 17:48, 02 July 18
Unbelievable turn around there  :)  I think there's lots of racing games on the CPC that could actually benefit from changing the 'up' from accelerate. I bet Outrun would play better... Maybe Wec-Le-Mans... Powerdrift... Continental Circus...

Cheers.  ;D

I already did it with " Wec-Le-Mans " just use option 2 to use Defined Controls.

I'll take a look at " Continental Circus " as I converted that to cpr.

Outrun and Powerdrift are games converted by @dragon so maybe he could do any changes if they need doing.

Skunkfish

Quote from: Shining on 15:09, 02 July 18
It's not quite the right topic here, but I think, I can address the experts here   :) :

I used nocart1.4 in the past to create cpr's of some dsk's including my productions.

Because I want to burn an eprom now with some stuff and I only have 512kB eproms, I was wondering if nocart can be used to create cpr's with a
bigger size than the usual 178kB-Format. I've read somewhere about a somewhat extended format (DA3A) in newer nocarts but I did not find any documentation or howto about it.

You'll need to use NoCart 1.9. It's been a few months since I played with it, but I managed to put a cracked version of Super Cauldron onto a cart that previously spanned two sides of a floppy.

The disk format available is only a little larger than normal but it was big enough (not sure of the exact size, maybe 260Kish?)

In the 'test' folder when you unzip nocart there is a da3a.dsk disk image. I made a copy of that, and then copied the files I needed onto the disk via WinAPE's 'Edit disc' function (or maybe using ManageDsk?)

I then converted to .CPR using the command line options specified in the 'readme.txt' file accompanying the program.

nocart -f "DA3A" test.dsk test.cpr -c RUN"""test

I hope that helps!

An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

ukmarkh

Hi,

Has anyone converted the Addams Family yet, one of the best Amstrad Games ever made...

Skunkfish

I'm sure it would be possible, but the game is 128K only so would only play on a 6128 Plus or an expanded 464 Plus or GX4000...
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

ukmarkh

Quote from: Skunkfish on 11:16, 03 July 18
I'm sure it would be possible, but the game is 128K only so would only play on a 6128 Plus or an expanded 464 Plus or GX4000...

My GX4000 is 128K enabled [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phantomz

Quote from: ukmarkh on 18:19, 03 July 18
My GX4000 is 128K enabled [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice.  8)

Did you upgrade it yourself?

I've got a 6128 PLUS, but still want to get 128k in my GX4000.

ukmarkh

Game shop near where I live, they mod all sorts...

Phantomz

ukmarkh

Quote from: Phantomz on 19:41, 09 July 18
Nice, are they online?

I'm not sure, but I can drop in and ask them if you like?

ukmarkh

Has anyone converted Bio Spheres yet, it's a great little game.

Phantomz

Quote from: ukmarkh on 00:52, 11 July 18
Has anyone converted Bio Spheres yet, it's a great little game.

Here you go....

" Bio Spheres ".

Joypad 1 Button 2 to Pause, any to unpause.
Console Pause Button to reset game.

Phantomz

Here is a small update to.....

" Into The Eagle's Nest ".

I've made a couple of changes to @Urusergi tape version of the game.

I've changed the look of the Trainer, made it stop on the title screen.

You can now use Joypad 1 Button 2 to pause / unpause.

Quit game with console pause button.

Phantomz

Here is an updated version of....

" BRUCE LEE ".  8)

I've changed the look of the Trainer screen, you can press button 1 or 2 on Joypad 1 or use 1 or 2 on plus keyboard.

I've added the " Bruce Lee C64 " demo by Epyteor as an easter egg, just press the console pause button ( P ) instead of 1 or 2 on the Trainer screen to see it, you will need to reset the console / computer after.

I've made it stop at the loading screen, press any button to pass.

The game has both joypad buttons as punch/kick by default, I have now made it so that Button 1 is punch/kick and Button 2 is now Jump/Climb on both joypads.

Therefore you can push UP to jump or Climb, or use Button 2.  ;)

Phantomz

Here is another game, this one is.....

" ASPHALT ".

Joypad 1 Button 2 to change weapons.
Joypad 1 Button 1 to pass high score table.

I don't believe the game has a pause or quit option.

I've included a Trainer.

Phantomz

Here is a update / fix for an official GX4000 game, this one is....

Tennis Cup II [GX4000]  8)

I've swopped over the Joypads, so Player 1 is now controlled by Joypad 1, and Player 2 is now controlled by Joypad 2.

I've included the Trainer version which gives 255 credits.

Phantomz

I've just updated " Striker in the Crypts of Trogan ".

The game is now Joypad only!

You can now use UP or Joypad 1 Button 2 to Jump, like in the GX4000 version of Switch Blade.  ;)

Pause / unpause with console pause button.
Quit game with Joypad 2 Button 1.
Pass Highscore table with console pause button or any button on Joypad 2.

I've entered "SIMPLICITY" into the highscore table, in the "Striker In The Crypts Of Trogan - Difficulty Select.cpr"
This version gives a Difficulty select option (1=easy - 10=hard) use joypad 1 up and down to select difficulty.
I maxed out "SIMPLICITY" at 99999999 so that it doesn't get removed, I believe the difficulty select would get removed if it got replaced.  ::)

I've included a few poked versions ( that include the difficulty select option ) these give various options like Invulnerability, Infinite Lives, Infinite Energy, Infinite Weapon, and various combinations.  ;)
I believe you can still lose your weapon even with the cheat for some reason.  ???

If a cpr doesn't load in the c4cpc, the name might be to long and will need to be renamed.

This is updated on the next page.

Phantomz

Here is another game, this one is...

" STUNT CAR RACER ".  8)

I've added a GX4000 Joypad option, this uses Joypad 1 Button 1 for Turbo, Button 2 for Accelerate, Steer with Left and Right, Down is Brake, with this option selected, Joypad 1 Button 2 is used for UP in the Menu's.

To Enter Name, you can press the console pause button for p if you wish then up for 1 to get p1.
Up = 1, Down = 2, Left = 3, Right = Delete, Joypad Button 1 or 2 is RETURN.

Console Pause Button to pause game, Joypad 1 Button 1 to unpause ( tap ).

The save and load option will not work on the GX4000 obviously, however you should be able to use these options on the 464 PLUS with TAPE.

I've included a couple or so poked versions.

remax

Few pages but a lot of games since May  :P

I'm starting to updating (at least i have a bit of time for me)
Brain Radioactivity