News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

MiguelSky

Ok, new cpr version from an ESP soft game, this time modified by artaburu, the programmer: Gates to Hell.

iXien

Quote from: MiguelSky on 16:10, 24 September 19
Ok, new cpr version from an ESP soft game, this time modified by artaburu, the programmer: Gates to Hell.
One more  ;D  ! Any chance that Artaburu adapts Phantomas Saga Infinity ?

Quote from: JayBlood on 03:56, 19 September 19
Good choices, Ixien. Thank a lot. I love those games. ;) 
Maybe, one day, a chance to see XOR game for GX4000? :)
A nice game, clearly. That's this kind of game that is very interesting to convert to GX4000. There are a lot of arcade conversions that are nice too but imo GX4000 is also an amazing opportunity to easily play games only available on 8bits computers until there.
http://homebrew.amstradtoday.com, the only website dedicated to CPC homebrew games.

MiguelSky

JayBlood

Quote from: iXien on 20:27, 24 September 19
One more  ;D  ! Any chance that Artaburu adapts Phantomas Saga Infinity ?
A nice game, clearly. That's this kind of game that is very interesting to convert to GX4000. There are a lot of arcade conversions that are nice too but imo GX4000 is also an amazing opportunity to easily play games only available on 8bits computers until there.
Cool! :)
Jay

dragon

Quote from: iXien on 17:21, 28 August 19
I tried a lot of different DSK but I think there are all from the same crack. The french version from XOR perfectly works converted in CPR. But it's a french version. It won't disturb people like me as I'm French but it seems to be the only version that can be converted as it uses plain files.

And there is a lot of work. On the cracktro first as it has to be adapted to GX4000 joypad. 3 choices and a level selector using keyboard. And then in the game with some keys to remap to joypad. It's way beyond my current skills. CPR and DSK attached if it interests someone  :)

Patch the xor games its relativy easy. He always use the same algoritmh to decompress the game. The trick is copy the algorim to the cartridge. Change the algoritm (is always  uncompressed in disk) to call the cartridge. Wait until he decompress the ram zone you want patch. And patch it at fly.
The are a lots of examples in my games converted. I always upload it with the code.

PD Im busy now converting  the zx spectrum rusian levels of laser squad  i not out of gx4000 :) .

iXien

Hy guys,

Thanks to the help of Kukulcan, here is a game that I really love. This time it is : BUBBLE GHOST from Ere Informatique (published by PSS in England). This is the English release.

Just press fire to start game and fire 1 to breath while playing, press the pause button to have a break 8)

Those who previously played the game maybe remember that the 8bits computer versions offer two control systems. The original one needs two keys to rotate and one more to breath, of course unusable on GX4000 with a two button joypad. So we only kept the one thought for one button controllers as the ghost turns himself to the direction you move. This is the control system used in the nice Gameboy version of Bubble Ghost and it perfectly works.

Have a good time...

http://homebrew.amstradtoday.com, the only website dedicated to CPC homebrew games.

MiguelSky

As some ESP Soft games are being edited in order to get a proper cpr, gg has revised his BCM: El Buscador de Código / BCM: Code Searcher and now we have both cpr from the 2019 revision.

iXien

And a last revision (I hope) of MANGE CAILLOUX with Tristar cracktro.

Now PAUSE doesn't quit anymore but just pause the game. I think it's more useful. And on mainscreen, right move information have been replaced from P to I, as ingame.

00WReX

Here's 'Chiller' from Mastertronic 1986.
Game already Keyboard or Joystick control.
Tested on a real GX4000.  ;)

Cheers,
Shane

[attach=1]
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

iXien

Quote from: 00WReX on 04:30, 10 October 19
Here's 'Chiller' from Mastertronic 1986.
A good opportunity to discover a game I didn't know, programmed by guys that also worked on nice titles like The Last V8 and Spellbound. Sadly, CPC version is really blocky, slow and unplayable compared to C64 version but there is a little bit of charm in it  ;D  Thank you for this one, my GX4000 says : yum, yum !

B0wman

Dragon Attack, THE shmup for the CPC should be converted!

Someone`s able to change the "S" key in the game (for game START) to "FIRE"?
That would be enough to play the main game, although you will not be able to change settings or enter something into the highscore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OjHjAnOKjA

I attachted the unconverted CPR file. Maybe someone will give it a try?!  ;)

Urusergi

Quote from: B0wman on 02:03, 20 October 19
Someone`s able to change the "S" key in the game (for game START) to "FIRE"?
That would be enough to play the main game, although you will not be able to change settings or enter something into the highscore.
I attachted the unconverted CPR file. Maybe someone will give it a try?!  ;)

Hi!
In 464-6128 "mode" control menu cannot be selected due to compression issues... anyway, it works for what you wanted.

Gryzor

Quote from: iXien on 19:27, 10 October 19
A good opportunity to discover a game I didn't know, programmed by guys that also worked on nice titles like The Last V8 and Spellbound. Sadly, CPC version is really blocky, slow and unplayable compared to C64 version but there is a little bit of charm in it  ;D  Thank you for this one, my GX4000 says : yum, yum !

Got Chiller along with a bagful of games for Christmas ('86?). It was nearly unplayable on the Amstrad, but being a kid in love with his CPC I perservered. I do believe part of my nerve damage today can be traced back to that period :D

siccoyote

Quote from: Phantomz on 17:21, 01 June 18
@amijim

Here is.....

" PAC-LAND "

Just been going through the list and checking it against the collection you can download

https://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Converted_GX4000_Software#GX4000_Compatibles_Demos

Pac Land has no link to the game, it links to Pac-Mania instead.

I've found in the Combined Collection: Monument, & Legend of Steel are not included. Plus obviously the ones iXien did in September etc.

iXien

Quote from: siccoyote on 01:40, 12 November 19
Pac Land has no link to the game, it links to Pac-Mania instead.

I've found in the Combined Collection: Monument, & Legend of Steel are not included. Plus obviously the ones iXien did in September etc.

Of course mistakes or oversights are possible and it's already very nice that @Urusergi sometimes makes updates to the full-set  ;) . But with all the games that have been converted since 4 years, it's interesting to report eventual flaws to make sure that no game is forgotten in the full set or in the complete listing.

siccoyote

Quote from: iXien on 16:42, 13 November 19
Of course mistakes or oversights are possible and it's already very nice that @Urusergi sometimes makes updates to the full-set  ;) . But with all the games that have been converted since 5 years, it's interesting to report eventual flaws to make sure that no game is forgotten in the full set or in the complete listing.
Yeah I wasn't complaining, just sharing what I'd noticed since Legend of Steel & Monument were older games, I think?
Was just noting it for when it next gets updated.
Good work by all involved, thanks!
Myself I'm working on a complete collection of Vic-20 Games(1986 forward) and can do with more people correcting me on that, but that's a tale for another forum.

iXien

Hi guys,

here is a new release for your GX4000. Today it's Z-Pilot, also known just as "Z" or as "Z Comme Zark Davor" in France. This version offers nice cheats and patched keys. Once again, thank you to Kukulcan for all these wonders :

J1B1 : Fire
J1B2 : smartbombs to destroy energy shields
PAUSE : Pause game

Hey, if my investigations are correct, it seems that Z-Pilot is the 600th game converted !  8)  517 commercial games and 83 homebrews !

What an unbelievable amount of work and effort between spring 2015 and this winter! 4 years of conversions and patches that now permit to play more than 600 games on GX4000 if you include the official releases! I just participated on the conversion of a few ones so I really want to congratulate all the guys involve in this project. 600 games! You're kings, guys! Lot of game systems do not offer such a choice.

WELL DONE guys, don't give up, lot of wonders are already waiting  :D

...600 games!

Gryzor

That's pretty amazing. As I've said before, the amount of dedication and work put into this... unbelievable!

Also: Read 290320 times, and most-liked thread. Speaks volumes.

iXien

@Urusergi, we can list updates waiting to save you time :

• Modify Pac-Land link in the complete online listing
The actual games to add to the fullset and the complete listing (with the exception of "Legend Of Steel" and "Monument" that are already referenced in the complete listing) since the last update (08-20-19) :

• 3D-Fight
  • Bactron
  • BCM (English & Spanish versions in one archive)
  • Bubble Ghost
  • Chiller
  • Dragon
  • Gates to Hell
  • Infernal Runner
  • Legend of Steel
  • Maddog
  • Mange Cailloux
  • MLM 3D
  • Monument
  • Phantis Legacy
  • Z-Pilot
  • Zorro
  • Zox 2099
I prepared for you a Zip file containing all these things.

Once again, that's just astonishing... 600 different unofficial games to play on our sweetheart GX4000. Crazy !!!

Urusergi

I don't know how to update it.
I think, I remember that it was @remax

iXien

@remax did not come here since August the 19th. Hope he will see our posts naming him and be able to take time to make these updates  :D

siccoyote

Had a go at Joe Blade III on the GX, found it worked okay up till having to break a code on a door it warned me to get ready but no matter what I pressed it never actually started the puzzle.
Also noticed that this game hasn't been converted:

One of the games I have nostalgia for on the ZX Spectrum, but it seems to be pretty unknown to most.
It is handy having the unlimted health trainer on, but still tough, needed a map.

LewisCPC

I saw Chase HQ CPC+ conversion at RGC, is that being made available?!