News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Phantomz

Here is a new version of " PSYCHO PIGS UXB ", I've used and added the new screens from @iXien

The game controls are the same as the previous version I did.

Quote from: Phantomz on 21:24, 23 April 20PSYCHO PIG UXBThe game is now Joypads only.Joypad 1 UP to Select 1 Player GameJoypad 1 Down to Select 2 Player GameJoypad 1 Button 2 for Info Screens.Joypad 1 Button 2 to Pause, Joypad 1 Button 1 to unpause (best to pause whilst not holding a bomb)  ;)  Whilst Paused, press Console Pause Button to Quit.Press Joypad 1 or Joypad 2 Button 1 to continue, Button 2 is no.

iXien wanted a version without a Trainer as prefers the cleaner look, I myself prefer to have a Trainer, therefore I've done a version with and without a Trainer.

On the version without a Trainer you you can hold Button 2 down when you load the cpr to see iXien older style screen, if you don't press button 2 you will get his new style screen.

I've made my Trainer left for Yes and right for No, therefore you can hold button 2 down on the Joypad whilst selecting your prefered option to load the old style screen, if you don't press button 2 you will get his new style screen.

iXien

Thank you Phantomz for this version and to let me satiate this little whim to see a splashscreen a little bit more conform to the spirit of the game which is called Butasan in its original japanese version. I don't really know why US GOLD decided to make their visuals with a "punk-pig" on the box and this atrocious terrified pig in the original splashscreen of game for CPC, C64 and Spectrum.

All started showing that the CPC splashscreen is a bugged version of the Spectrum one, so I decided to correct it. Then, as it was possible to make a CPR conversion of the game on GX-4000, the idea came to make a more colorful one, closer to the original spirit of the game, using Butasan pigs and PYCHO PIGS logo. In this regard, have you noticed that the game is titled PSYCHO PIG on the original splashscreen while the trademark from US GOLD used on visuals is PSYCHO PIGS in plural?

Now about the mode 1 reworked screen. As Phantomz said, if you press Fire 2 on J1 while loading, it will appear instead of the completely new screen. I started to remake it but in the end, it was TotO which gave it its final look by making a small touch up a real wonder using screening and a raster to add colors. Thank you for that TotO.

As a little twist, if you convert this CPR version to BIN and launch it on a standard CPC, this mode 1 screen will automatically appear, making this new version compatible with all CPC despite the new screen which only appears when testing the presence of ASIC at launch thank to a nice program wrote by Kukulcan.

Below, just for your eyes is this new mode 1 screen as well as my little work for GX-4000 in all humility. Enjoy this funny multiplayer game on your GX-4000  :P
http://homebrew.amstradtoday.com, the only website dedicated to CPC homebrew games.

KaosOverride

Quote from: XeNoMoRPH on 09:29, 23 March 20
El tesoro perdido de cuauhtemoc converted by @KaosOverride tested on CPC 6128 Plus

Me?? When????? ::)
KaosOverride · GitHub
MEGA Amstrad Public Amstrad folder

iXien

Quote from: KaosOverride on 19:41, 17 May 20

Me?? When? ??? ? ::)

That's why it's wonderful! You converted this one without even knowing it! That's the magic of GX-4000  ;D ;D ;D
http://homebrew.amstradtoday.com, the only website dedicated to CPC homebrew games.

KaosOverride

Ohh now I remember, we where making some dirty conversions but was supposed to be a test cpr because It requires a 256kb eprom for real hardware, and there is no GX4000 adaptation. Is not a release  ;D

But anyway, if it works for people, then until a better conversion is done...  ;)
KaosOverride · GitHub
MEGA Amstrad Public Amstrad folder

Phantomz

Here is another game for the GX4000, this is a good budget operation wolf clone.

Operation Hanoi

The game is now Joypad only.

Use Joypad 1 Button 2 for Grenades, the game doesn't have a pause or quit option.

I've included a couple of poked versions too.

emuola

Any chance for California games? :D Would be cool to run that from the C4CPC!
Amstrad CPC 6128+ and internal HxC floppy emulator

GUNHED

Of all that "games" series only Winter Games look great on CPC (Biathlon).
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

Phantomz

Here is another budget game, I saw @Novabug youtube video yesterday and thought I'd check it out.

CPC-Power says its two player simultaneous players, unfortunately it isn't, you have to take turns.

The game is " 2088 ".

The game is now Joypad/s only.

You can play with both Joypads.

Joypad 1 Button 2 to Pause / Unpause.

Console Pause Button to Quit

I've included a poked version with infinite lives.

Phantomz

Here is another game, this one is....

SPLIT PERSONALITIES

The game needed the plus keyboard fix, this was done by @Maniac  and @Urusergi8)

I've changed the keys to Q A O P and SPACE for PLUS users, H to Pause and ESC to Quit.

You can redefine the keys if you wish, I haven't changed R to redefine so this is for plus users only.
( don't really need to redefine on the GX4000 so left it ).

GX4000 Controls.

Joypad 1 Button 2 to Pause, any Button to unpause, Quit with the Console Pause Button.

I've included some poked versions with infinite lives, infinite time and bombs don't explode.

Phantomz

Here is another game for the GX4000, this is a good budget Centipede clone, by the Oliver Twins. 8)

KILLAPEDE

Use Joypad 1 Button 2 to pause game, unpause with Button 1, Console Pause Button to Quit.

To activate the inbuilt cheat ( +1 life ) pause the game, then hold down Joypad 1 Button 2 and press UP to add a life.

I've also included a poked version with infinite lives.

JayBlood

Thank so much, PhantomZ. ;) Good stuff!
Jay

iXien

Nobody can stop Phantomz!  ;D

Wait, wait, I'm sur we can find lot of other missing games that would be simple to patch :P

Phantomz

@iXien

I can't do some games due to compression and sometimes I can't find where the controls are.  ::)

I think most of the good games are available to play on the GX4000 now, so we're no longer limited to the small library.  8)

I know you wanted " Bobby Bearing " maybe one of the other guys could do that game for you.  ;D

Shaun M. Neary

Quick HAIL HAIL to @Phantomz @Urusergi and @Maniac for the Plus compatible of Split Personalities!

I couldn't fix that one if my life depended on it!  :laugh:

Nice work, guys!
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Phantomz

Here is another game for the GX4000.

This was converted by myself and @Urusergi , thanks to @Nich for the uncompressed crack disk.  8)

METAL ARMY

You can now press UP or Joypad 1 Button 2 to Jump.
Console Pause Button to Pause / unpause.
Quit with Joypad 2 Button 1.

You can enter your name in the high score table by using the joypad by default, however there was no space option available so you couldn't put less than four character in, this has now been fixed.  ;)

Urusergi

<<<<< SARACEN >>>>>

LEFT: K or joy1 left
RIGHT: L or joy1 right
UP: Q or joy1 up
DOWN: A or joy1 up
FIRE: space or joy1 fire1
Music on/off: joy1 fire 2
Console pause button to Pause/unpause -> joy1 fire1 for start level again, joy1 fire2 for terminate game.

CHEAT:
Infinite lives: G and F or joy2 fire1 and joy2 fire2 at once during the game.

Modified routine to be able to change the level on the menu using the joypad instead of numeric keys.

Phantomz

Here is another game for the GX4000

The controls for this game had to be changed by @Urusergi due to the routine needing to be changed.

I've changed the onscreen instructions and added a poked version with infinite time.

BOBBY BEARING

Pause / unpause with Console Pause Button.

Joypad 1 Button 1 = Cheat (restart current screen . time goes down)
Joypad 1 Button 2 = Find
Whilst Paused, Press Joypad 1 Button 2 to Quit.

iXien

At last Bobby Bearing on GX-4000  8) 8) 8)

I was on the move this week-end to my new home, so I just see it now. Many thanks guys !!!  ;)

Phantomz

Here is another game for the GX4000

I watched @chinnyhill10 video on youtube last night and thought I'd check it out.

TRAFFIC

Pause with Joypad 1 Button 2, unpause with Joypad 1 Button 1, Console Button to Quit.

Urusergi

<<<<< JONNY QUEST >>>>>

LEFT: "O" or joy1 left
RIGHT: "P" or joy1 right
UP: "Q" or joy1 up
DOWN: "A" or joy1 down
FIRE: "space" or joy1 fire1
Select object:"1" or joy1 fire2
Pause: "H" or Console pause button

CHEAT:

Infinite lives (second level and successive) and Infinite energy (Joy1 UP to activate)

Urusergi

<<<<< ATOM ANT >>>>>

Left: "K" or joy1 left
Right:
"L" or joy1 right
Up: "Q" or joy1 up
Down: "A" or joy1 down
Start: "space" or joy1 fire1
Pause: Console pause button, unpause with joy1 fire1 and quit with joy1 fire2

CHEAT:

On the main menu you can press Pause button to activate the inbuilt cheat (Immunity)

Urusergi

<<<<< KNIGHT GHOST >>>>>

Joy1 left: Left.
Joy1 right:
Right.
Joy1 up: Pass doors & stop select object mode.
Joy1 down: Activate select object mode (Joy1 left or right to select).
Joy1 fire1: Start, Jump & use object.
Joy1 fire2: Exit the final screen.

CHEAT:

On the main menu you can press Pause button to activate the cheat (Infinite Lives).

iXien

Some great games are already missing, what about Saboteur 1 and 2 or the nice Tapper from SEGA ;D ?

I join versions tested on GX4000 (DSK and CPR) that I already cleaned but waiting for key patches (Saboteur 2 has a password system to adapt)

Please, please, please  :-*

Urusergi

Quote from: iXien on 08:35, 28 June 20Please, please, please  :-*

Ok, just one game from your wish list  :P

<<<<< TAPPER >>>>>

Joy1 left or joy2 left: Move left along bar.
Joy1 right or joy2 right:
Move right along bar.
Joy1 up or joy2 up: Move up to next bar.
Joy1 down or joy2 down: Move down to next bar.
Joy1 fire1: Fill the mugs.
Pause button: Exit and reset default values.

On the main menu:

Joy1 left: Expert mode.
Joy1 right:
Arcade mode.
Joy1 up: Start.
Joy1 down: Two player select controls: Joy1 or Joy2 (key).
Joy1 fire1: One Player.
Joy1 fire2: Two Players.
Pause Button: Reset default values.