News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

ukmarkh

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 11:48, 17 August 20

Pretty much this. Even if you end up upgrading your GX4000 with an expansion, it's so unstable that you'll end up wanting to throw your console into the fire with the random crashes and glitches trying to play PD on Plus hardware.

Trust me, I've blown several decent score chances on PD on a 6128plus!

Seriously, no issues running Pinball Dreams on my 6128 Plus. With memory expansion.

Urusergi

<<<<< HEARTLAND >>>>>

Joy1 left: left.
Joy1 right: right.
Joy1 up: up.
Joy1 down: down.
Joy1 fire1: fire.
Joy1 fire2: up.
Pause button: abort.

Keyboard enabled. With trainer (Immunity).

iXien

This one is very nice. I didn't know it, so a complete discovery on my GX4000  :-*

What about Eden Blues (Doomsday Blues)? A very nice one too, I just seen that it has never been converted on GX4000  8)
http://homebrew.amstradtoday.com, the only website dedicated to CPC homebrew games.

CraigsBar

Quote from: ukmarkh on 12:14, 23 August 20

Seriously, no issues running Pinball Dreams on my 6128 Plus. With memory expansion.
From my experience there is no pattern to it. sometyimes it runs for hours with no issues. then it might crash with graphical glitches in 10 minutes when you load it again. there is no pattern but it always seems  go graphically then crash.

I've got 2 128k Plus machines and yes it happens on both and on all of my CM14 screens (I have 3 or 4 I think).

Kind Regards

Craig
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

zeropolis79

Quote from: CraigsBar on 22:50, 23 August 20
From my experience there is no pattern to it. sometyimes it runs for hours with no issues. then it might crash with graphical glitches in 10 minutes when you load it again. there is no pattern but it always seems  go graphically then crash.

I've got 2 128k Plus machines and yes it happens on both and on all of my CM14 screens (I have 3 or 4 I think).

Kind Regards

Craig

I've used it on my 6128 Plus with barely any issues (I load it in using a Gotek) but i've not stayed on the game for hours..

Maniac

Quote from: zeropolis79 on 08:04, 24 August 20

I've used it on my 6128 Plus with barely any issues (I load it in using a Gotek) but i've not stayed on the game for hours..
I'm the same. Run it from my M4 board and it works like a dream. No crashes that I've seen.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: zeropolis79 on 08:04, 24 August 20

Only when you're submitting a fake score in a competition to try bag yourself a physical copy?
Yeah, that definitely wouldn't take hours!  :laugh:
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Maniac on 11:20, 24 August 20
I'm the same. Run it from my M4 board and it works like a dream. No crashes that I've seen.

@Craigsbar Hey, I'm wondering if it's your dodgy 6128plus that's the problem?  :laugh:
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Urusergi

@iXien  ;)

<<<<< DOOMSDAY BLUES & EDEN BLUES >>>>>

Joy1 & cursor left: left.
Joy1 & cursor right: right.
Joy1 & cursor up: up.
Joy1 & cursor down: down.
Joy1 fire1 & copy: action.

With trainer (Infinite health & force).

iXien

Quote from: Urusergi on 15:39, 24 August 20
@iXien  ;)

<<<<< DOOMSDAY BLUES >>>>>

Yeah ! An absolute masterpiece!
http://homebrew.amstradtoday.com, the only website dedicated to CPC homebrew games.

Phantomz

THE HIT SQUAD

The game is now Joypad only.

You can now jump with UP or Button 2

Pause game with Console Pause Button, Joypad 1 Button 1 to unpause, Quit Game with Joypad 2 Button 1.

The game comes with a Trainer which gives infinite energy, however I've also made the inbuilt cheat option work in case you change your mind after you have loaded the game with no cheat option on.

You need to score 3000 points, then enter your name as " ZZZZZZZZ " to become " Invulnerable ".

At the high score entry you will get the prompt " PRESS FIRE ONE. " this is to skip past it on GX4000, however, just press button 2 on the pad 8 times, then press button 1 to cheat.  ;D

zeropolis79

@iXien  ;)

Thanks for this one - considered it one of the more unusual CPC games.

iXien

Quote from: zeropolis79 on 16:46, 24 August 20Thanks for this one - considered it one of the more unusual CPC games.

Yeah, the beginning of the French touch with Ere Informatique

tjohnson

I just had a thought, has anyone thought about converting the cpc version of batman the movie and recolouring to plus colours to address the slow music issue in the cartridge version, how feasible would it be?

Phantomz

Just tried the version of " Monument " with the Palette change on the cpr page by Ayor61

MONUMENT

I noticed that a couple of controls needed to be remapped for the GX4000.

I've remapped Pause and Quit to the console pause button, press once to pause, twice to quit

I've also remapped the option to turn pick ups on and off to Joypad 1 Button 2.

Not only have I fixed the plus version, I've also done my own version of the original game, so you can have the original Palette if you wish.

I've also included poked versions of both with invulnerability and infinite Lives.

iXien

@iXien  ;)

Just a little request: Do you think you can do the same with Eden Blues, the French version :)

Urusergi

iXien

Quote from: Urusergi on 22:07, 24 August 20
@iXien it's done, look up  8)
You rock! Many thanks.

I remember that somebody required XOR from Logotron some months ago. Do you think it would be possible?

iXien

Quote from: tjohnson on 19:35, 24 August 20
I just had a thought, has anyone thought about converting the cpc version of batman the movie and recolouring to plus colours to address the slow music issue in the cartridge version, how feasible would it be?
Batman CPC has already been done, which naturally permits to enjoy the musics perfectly on GX-4000... with the main idea of retrieving the darker palette. Indeed, lot of CPC users think that the colours of the GX-4000 release are too much bright. Clearly, just modifying colours using the 4096 colour palette of the Plus range of systems is usually not a good idea IMO. And in Batman The Movie, people that worked on the cartridge release didn't really know what to do to modify GFX that has been created FOR the "neon" standard CPC palette. So they just tried to offer smoother colours but as a result, it's not really visible except that it's surprisingly too much bright.

Once again, it's just my opinion  8)

kawickboy

And the CPC release owns a lovely cheat allowing skipping level (type ED209) that GX release don't have.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: iXien on 10:33, 26 August 20
Batman CPC has already been done, which naturally permits to enjoy the musics perfectly on GX-4000... with the main idea of retrieving the darker palette. Indeed, lot of CPC users think that the colours of the GX-4000 release are too much bright. Clearly, just modifying colours using the 4096 colour palette of the Plus range of systems is usually not a good idea IMO. And in Batman The Movie, people that worked on the cartridge release didn't really know what to do to modify GFX that has been created FOR the "neon" standard CPC palette. So they just tried to offer smoother colours but as a result, it's not really visible except that it's surprisingly too much bright.

Once again, it's just my opinion  8)

I'm of the same opinion here to be honest. I found the Plus colours absolutely garish compared to the original. The music slowdown was completely off putting. I play the CPC version on my C4CPC rather than play the Plus version.

The Plus palette is nice, but Batman's attempt at using it was lazy, rushed and executed pretty poorly.

zeropolis79

Quote from: kawickboy on 11:21, 26 August 20
And the CPC release owns a lovely cheat allowing skipping level (type ED209) that GX release don't have.

Besides Switchblade, I don't think I've ever seen any cheats for GX games listed in AA. I know that the Plus version of the Multiface 2 didn't work on cartridge games.

kawickboy

There is a cheat on navy seals allowing level skipping.

Urusergi

@iXien  8)

<<<<< XOR >>>>>

Joy1 left or K: left.
Joy1 right or L: right.
Joy1 up or Q: up.
Joy1 down or A: down.
Joy1 fire1 or DEL: switch hero.
Joy1 fire2: toggle between maze and map.
Pause button: exit current maze.

Action replay mode:
Joy1 fire2:
yes.
Joy1 fire1:
no (exit).
Joy1 up:
hold action during replay.
Joy1 down: single step through action during replay.

iXien

This make me think that it would be great to patch colour palette of the GX-4000 version of Switchblade. There is a patched version of the CPC 464 version, offering nice white and grey rather than the bad turquoise original colours but it is a dule version as with only 64Kb, the game lack of musics and introduction is strangely organized to be able to be loaded from tape. And of course, no rasters, no additionnal sprites to add more colours on screen.

Well, is someone able to correct the bad two colours of the official GX-4000 version to use white and grey like in the unofficial version converted by Phantomz? 8)