News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

SyX

Quote from: iXien on 23:26, 22 September 20So, can we expect you reactivate this project in a near future  :)  ?
Sincerely, I don't know, it is true that during the last month I have been reviewing the old projects to see in which state they are... in case that I can release a few ones after a fast night hack.

But the great thing of Ms. Pacman and Pengo is that those are CTC-AY games where the funny thing is that you can run them in classic CPCs... maybe this time CTC-AY could have a chance, because I love every bit in that expansion.

Novabug

Quote from: Phantomz on 12:04, 14 September 20
@Novabug might like this one, he enjoyed it on his latest youtube live game testing vid.  ;D

MR FREEZE

Use Joypad 1 to Play, Button 1 to Jump, Button 2 to Fire.

Console Pause Button to Pause, Joypad 1 Button 2 to unpause.

Joypad 2 Button 2 to Turn Music off, Joypad 2 Button 1 to Turn Music on.

Joypad 1 Button 2 to leave Demo Mode.

I've included a poked version with infinite lives.

Wonderful sir

Phantomz

I noticed on the Converted GX4000 Software page, that Spy Vs Spy II - The Island Caper,
and Spy Vs Spy III - Arctic Antics are one player only as player 2 requires the keyboard.

I know that the orignal Spy Vs Spy is on the page and that you can play two players on that game, however there is no working pause and quit option.

Myself and Urusergi have looked at these games and done new cpr's of them. :)

All three games are now Joypad/s only, they can all be played by one or two players now, pause and quit option also work.

Spy Vs Spy

Press any key to pass Title Screen
Joypad 1 Button 2 to Pause / Release
Console Button to Abort

Spy Vs Spy II - The Island Caper

Press any key to pass Info Screen
Joypad 2 Button 2 to Turn Music On / Off
Console Button to Abort

Spy Vs Spy III - Arctic Antics

Press any key to pass Info Screen
Console Button to Abort

iXien

A great choice, Spy Vs Spy is a worldwide famous game series on 8bit computers. And two player games are not so numerous on GX-4000 what is a shame with its two joypads feature.

In short, good work!  8)
http://homebrew.amstradtoday.com, the only website dedicated to CPC homebrew games.

XeNoMoRPH

https://youtu.be/B6U9QEPKsxg
This version get a Colors slight differencies , Neon style. (CPC+ / CPR) By Cyrille / Ayor61
your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

iXien

It would be nice if the final release of this game could be natively compatible with GX-4000.

The actual preview is fully playable on GX-4000, so here is a quick CPR conversion :P
http://homebrew.amstradtoday.com, the only website dedicated to CPC homebrew games.

XeNoMoRPH

This is the official Space Moves 2020 - version in CPR format converted by RetroBytes Productions.

XeNoMoRPH

Davor Vitief

I am starting to play with the C4CPC thanks to Gerald and i have seen that the advanced pacman Mad Mix Game is not converted yet, i have tried to do the conversion myself but i can't track the addresses of the key presses in the debugger  :-X please, can someone with more knowledge convert this game?

I have attached the cpr version converted with nocart.

Phantomz

@Davor Vitief

I've converted the game to cpr and made changes to make it playable on the GX4000, I did a fresh cpr instead of using yours so that I could get the game to stop on the loading screen, press any button to pass.

MAD MIX GAME

The game now defaults to Joypad 1, with Button 2 to pause, there is no quit option ingame.

You can still redefine the controls if you wish.

I've also made the inbuilt cheat mode GX4000 friendly.

CHEAT MODE (Infinite Lives):
When we see the programmer's name appear, just press CONSOLE PAUSE BUTTON, behind the letters we see a blue bar.

Phantomz

Here is the English version of Mad Mix Game.

THE PEPSI CHALLENGE - MAD MIX GAME

The game now defaults to Joypad 1, with Button 2 to pause, there is no quit option ingame.

When we see the programmer's name appear, just press CONSOLE PAUSE BUTTON, behind the letters we see a blue bar.

Davor Vitief

Thank you! I have tested both games and they work like a charm, its funny how they changed the MC and deleted the first level in the english version to avoid copyright infringement.

Quote from: Phantomz on 21:12, 27 October 20@Davor Vitief

I've converted the game to cpr and made changes to make it playable on the GX4000, I did a fresh cpr instead of using yours so that I could get the game to stop on the loading screen, press any button to pass.

MAD MIX GAME

GMT
Detectar idiomaAfrikáansAlbanésAlemánAmháricoÁrabeArmenioAzeríBengalíBielorrusoBirmanoBosnioBúlgaroCamboyanoCanarésCatalánCebuanoChecoChichewaChino simpChino tradCincalésCoreanoCorsoCriollo haitianoCroataDanésEslovacoEslovenoEspañolEsperantoEstonioEuskeraFinlandésFrancésFrisioGaélico escocésGalésGallegoGeorgianoGriegoGujaratiHausaHawaianoHebreoHindiHmongHolandésHúngaroIgboIndonesioInglésIrlandésIslandésItalianoJaponésJavanésKazajoKirguísKurdoLaoLatínLetónLituanoLuxemburguésMacedonioMalayalamMalayoMalgacheMaltésMaoríMaratíMongolNepalíNoruegoPanyabíPastúnPersaPolacoPortuguésRumanoRusoSamoanoSerbioSesotoShonaSindhiSomalíSuajiliSuecoSundanésTagaloTailandésTamilTayikoTeluguTurcoUcranianoUrduUzbecoVietnamitaXhosaYidisYorubaZulú
AfrikáansAlbanésAlemánAmháricoÁrabeArmenioAzeríBengalíBielorrusoBirmanoBosnioBúlgaroCamboyanoCanarésCatalánCebuanoChecoChichewaChino simpChino tradCincalésCoreanoCorsoCriollo haitianoCroataDanésEslovacoEslovenoEspañolEsperantoEstonioEuskeraFinlandésFrancésFrisioGaélico escocésGalésGallegoGeorgianoGriegoGujaratiHausaHawaianoHebreoHindiHmongHolandésHúngaroIgboIndonesioInglésIrlandésIslandésItalianoJaponésJavanésKazajoKirguísKurdoLaoLatínLetónLituanoLuxemburguésMacedonioMalayalamMalayoMalgacheMaltésMaoríMaratíMongolNepalíNoruegoPanyabíPastúnPersaPolacoPortuguésRumanoRusoSamoanoSerbioSesotoShonaSindhiSomalíSuajiliSuecoSundanésTagaloTailandésTamilTayikoTeluguTurcoUcranianoUrduUzbecoVietnamitaXhosaYidisYorubaZulú
La función de sonido está limitada a 200 caracteres
Cerrar

Davor Vitief

I have converted the game Lone Wolf - Mirror of Death to cpr. It's a great fantasy action platformer with combat mechanics like Barbarian and based on the books of the same name, the menu is fully navigable, the pause button works and i think you can play it in its entirety in its current state BUT although you can choose your starting powers, you can't use them in game, because the keyboard keys 1 to 4 are needed, i think a solution could be remapping them in the second controller pad. I have attached it in case someone would want to look into it.

Phantomz

@Davor Vitief

I've had a look at this game, I did my own cpr again so that we get the title screen.

I've had to change some controls so can't really use the redefine keys option, so removed it the best I could.

LONE WOLF - THE MIRROR OF DEATH

You can now jump with UP and Direction, or Joypad 1 Button 2 and Direction.

Console Pause Button now Quits Game.

Pause with Joypad 2 Button 1 or Button 2, any key to unpause.

I've remapped 1 to 4 to Joypad 2 Dpad to use powers ingame.

Up = 1, Left = 2, Right = 3, Down = 4

Davor Vitief

Wow!, thank you, that was so fast, the game works just perfect and the jump button is a welcome improvement.
Quote from: Phantomz on 19:38, 28 October 20@Davor Vitief

I've had a look at this game, I did my own cpr again so that we get the title screen.

I've had to change some controls so can't really use the redefine keys option, so removed it the best I could.

LONE WOLF - THE MIRROR OF DEATH

You can now jump with UP and Direction, or Joypad 1 Button 2 and Direction.

Console Pause Button now Quits Game.

Pause with Joypad 2 Button 1 or Button 2, any key to unpause.

I've remapped 1 to 4 to Joypad 2 Dpad to use powers ingame.

Up = 1, Left = 2, Right = 3, Down = 4

iXien

I consider the game ALIENS (the good one, created by Electric Dreams) as a true masterpiece of the action adventure game of the mid-80s on 8 bits computers. So, it's been a while since I searched for the possible solutions to adapt this monument on GX-4000. But no matter how hard I wrack my brains, even if we could completely change the control system for choosing the characters that we lead during the game, it is impossible to control everything with a single joypad and its 2 buttons.

And we must also forget the system of commands allowing to order one of the characters to move alone in a predefined direction through a certain number of rooms in the manner of a board game. However, it is also possible to direct each character directly in turn with the joypad, a perfect gameplay system for the GX-4000 which makes you lose a little responsiveness but without making the game insurmountable.

There remains the problem of choosing the character to lead. I would have liked to avoid this somewhat wobbly alternative but I think that the only viable solution remains to choose each of the 6 characters using the second joypad (4 directions of the d-pad and the 2 buttons) like that:

J1UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT  Move the sight ALREADY WORKING NATIVELY :-)
J1B1        Fire  ALREADY WORKING NATIVELY :-)
J1B2        Enter door

J2UP        Play Vasquez
J2DOWN   Play Bishop
J2LEFT     Play Ripley ALREADY WORKING NATIVELY :-)
J2RIGHT  Play Burke
J2B1        Play Gorman ALREADY WORKING NATIVELY :-)
J2B2        Play Hicks

PAUSE : pause the game and show statistics (PAUSE again to continue) ALREADY WORKING NATIVELY :-)

Key M can be used to restart the game. No real idea on how to remap that if not using a specific button as a new function only active when the game is paused.

Attached is a clean version that perfectly runs directly converted to CPR. Someone ok to patch it?  ;D

PLEASE, PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEEEEASE !

Urusergi

"The selected crew member can be told to move up to 9 rooms at once in a given direction. To do this, type any number from 1 to 9, then immediately type a direction key N (north), S (south), E (east), W (west)"
The game seems to have more keys  ???

iXien

Quote from: iXien on 21:37, 02 November 20And we must also forget the system of commands allowing to order one of the characters to move alone in a predefined direction through a certain number of rooms in the manner of a board game. However, it is also possible to direct each character directly in turn with the joypad, a perfect gameplay system for the GX-4000 which makes you lose a little responsiveness but without making the game insurmountable.

;)

Of course it is more playable with the keyboard system but with joystick it works too. It's not the same feeling. With the keyboard command system, you give quick orders, let your characters move automaticaly but you have to be vaware of their gauges to quickly switch to the one that is attacked by an Alien or face-hugger. It's more frenetic. On the other hand, using the joystick to move by yourself each character one after other, you have less surprises as you follow the character moving in each new room, and you're able to react immediatly. Moving each character is longer, sometimes a little repetitive of course.  8)

Urusergi

<<<<< ALIENS >>>>>

Joy1 left: left.
Joy1 right: right.
Joy1 up: up.
Joy1 down: down.
Joy1 fire1: fire.
Joy1 fire2: enter door.
Joy2 left: play Ripley.
Joy2 right: play Burke.
Joy2 up: play Vasquez.
Joy2 down: play Bishop.
Joy2 fire1: play Gorman.
Joy2 fire2: play Hicks.

Pause button: pause, Joy1 fire1: unpause, Joy1 fire2: abort.

iXien

Wonderful! This one is a so huge game, clearly more ambitious and mature than so many others.

It's a clever game that needs steel nerves, strategy, reflexes and a great sense of direction too. For those who want to try it, don't forget that the colony map provided with the original game is just essential, just like reading the original game manual to discover all the rules of this game that can be compared to a cardboard role playing game. It's clearly not about firing everything to win.

As you can move your characters only using the joypad on GX-4000, be sure to have a look on all monitors to quickly react while you are moving one of them. If you plan to play it on a 464/6128+, I suppose the keyboard command system is still available, @Urusergi  ?

This is surely not a game for kids. And that's why we all loved it as kids! ;D  Many thanks @Urusergi , that's what I call a great addition to the GX-4000 game library.

zeropolis79

Quote from: iXien on 08:11, 04 November 20
As you can move your characters only using the joypad on GX-4000, be sure to have a look on all monitors to quickly react while you are moving one of them. If you plan to play it on a 464/6128+, I suppose the keyboard command system is still available, @Urusergi  ?

I second that request - I only have one GX controller unless one I have for the Sega Master System will work. .

robcfg

Sega Master System ones should work well with the CPC.

iXien

@Urusergi

Nice :) But if the player wants to use the keyboard command system on its 464/6128+, is it still available fully working now after the patch ?

Davor Vitief

@Urusergi thank you for taking the time to convert this game!

Playing this i remembered another great game in the same genre called "zombi", i have converted it to .cpr and only three keys are missing, the key "ESC" to cancel actions and keys "Z" and "X" to struggle if you get caught by a zombie (you have to smash them), also there is the the key "F" to invert the actions open and close but i think its not needed at all, "ESC" could go into button 2 and "Z" and "X" into second controller buttons and maybe into the pad too to make the struggle easier, i have attached the cpr in case anyone is interested.

iXien

Quote from: Davor Vitief on 13:54, 04 November 20i have attached the cpr in case anyone is interested.
The conversion of a good game on our beloved GX-4000 is always welcomed ! Many thanks for this one. Once again, if no better alternative, the second controller save the day.

In the end, maybe it was a good thing those consoles that offered a numeric keypad on their joypad like the Colecovision, the Intellivision A7800 and the Jaguar.