News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

iXien

Quote from: XeNoMoRPH on 08:16, 23 November 20
Chevy Chase GX4000, converted by @CyrilAmstrad  :)
CPC+ colors
Load screen / whole gamefull joypad control
---------------------------
V2 : modified car controls => more ergonomic
Fire1 : accelerate
Fire2 : brake
Joypad up : gear
Many thanks. I see on the CPC Wiki list of GX-4000 conversions that a new Chevy Chase entry appears. Is it this version?
http://homebrew.amstradtoday.com, the only website dedicated to CPC homebrew games.

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

iXien

Quote from: XeNoMoRPH on 08:41, 23 November 20
affirmative  :)
Perfect !

I don't remember I've seen a post that gave this information. But maybe I didn't see it. If not, a post in this thread is highly recommended as nothing permits to identify new entries and the list becomes to be very looooong  8)

@CyrilAmstrad teases us with a very nice upcoming and upgraded version of Operation Alexandra too  ;D  Is this version available (it's still the CraigsBar version 1.1 in the list)?
http://homebrew.amstradtoday.com, the only website dedicated to CPC homebrew games.

Davor Vitief

I cant play none of  the abduction of oscarz versions, i have my gx4000 connected to the tv through an OSSC, the intro plays but when the game starts the screen is off-center then goes black and the OSSC start to jump from one resolution to another in an infinite loop  :o .

CyrilAmstrad

Quote from: Davor Vitief on 12:49, 23 November 20
I cant play none of  the abduction of oscarz versions, i have my gx4000 connected to the tv through an OSSC, the intro plays but when the game starts the screen is off-center then goes black and the OSSC start to jump from one resolution to another in an infinite loop  :o .
I think the convertissor makes you trouble because it is a scrolling at 2 pixels .on my original harware with CM monitor or a scart TV , it works well.
Amstradiens Facebook Group
AMSTRAD CPC/ _+ /GX4000
Amstradiens Channel

CyrilAmstrad

AMSTRAD CPC/ _+ /GX4000
Amstradiens Channel

CyrilAmstrad

Quote from: iXien on 08:47, 23 November 20
Perfect !

I don't remember I've seen a post that gave this information. But maybe I didn't see it. If not, a post in this thread is highly recommended as nothing permits to identify new entries and the list becomes to be very looooong  8)

@CyrilAmstrad teases us with a very nice upcoming and upgraded version of Operation Alexandra too  ;D  Is this version available (it's still the CraigsBar version 1.1 in the list)?
Indeed , I had answered you  ;)    . It still under Wip for some further features and beta test too . Yes , it will Craigsbar version and even Joseman version too  :)
AMSTRAD CPC/ _+ /GX4000
Amstradiens Channel

iXien

Quote from: CyrilAmstrad on 13:24, 23 November 20Indeed , I had answered you      . It still under Wip for some further features and beta test too . Yes , it will Craigsbar version and even Joseman version too 
Nice to read that! Hope to see it on my screen soon!  ;)

CyrilAmstrad

Quote from: Phantomz on 00:30, 23 November 20

@iXien

I did this game too, but didn't upload it yet, you might want this version too.

The Abduction of Oscar Z

Joypad Fire Button 1 or Button 2 to Skip Into

Joypad 1 Button 1 or UP to Jump.
Joypad 1 Button 2 for Action.
Console Pause Button to Quit Game.

@CyrilAmstrad

Not sure if you want to leave your version how it is or change it, I could change it, but will leave it for you to do if you wish.

I don't mind if your version gets added to the wiki page instead of mine as yours has instructions, can even add both to the rar.
@Phantomz  , Well i will modifiy mine and maybe add something more ( V2)  ;)Then after this moficication and possible add features , we could gather both yours and mine  :)
AMSTRAD CPC/ _+ /GX4000
Amstradiens Channel

CyrilAmstrad

Just  last topic , from my side :
I will release Sorcerers from Salavador Cantero , with a GX4000 Joypad version , with a new splash screen and CPC+ in game colors very soon ;)
that's all folks :))
AMSTRAD CPC/ _+ /GX4000
Amstradiens Channel

Phantomz

@CyrilAmstrad

Nice work with " Chevy Chase ".  8)

Just played it to the end in winape, nice to see a game with an ending.  ;D

I've made changes to both version to use on my GX4000.

I've made the game default to Joypad, so it's Joypad / Joystick only now.

This lets me just Press Fire Button 1 to Start Game, I've changed the instructions and menu screen too.

iXien

Quote from: Phantomz on 19:32, 23 November 20@CyrilAmstrad
Nice work with " Chevy Chase ". 
Just played it to the end in winape, nice to see a game with an ending. 
I've made changes to both version to use on my GX4000.
I've made the game default to Joypad, so it's Joypad / Joystick only now.
This lets me just Press Fire Button 1 to Start Game, I've changed the instructions and menu screen too.
And would this beauty be available?  8)

Phantomz

Quote from: iXien on 20:54, 23 November 20And would this beauty be available? 

I can upload it if @CyrilAmstrad doesn't mind.  ;)

CyrilAmstrad

Quote from: Phantomz on 21:00, 23 November 20

I can upload it if @CyrilAmstrad doesn't mind.  ;)
@Phantomz
Yep no problem ,   I thought to let a last possibility to CPC+ keyboard users lol XD ;)
AMSTRAD CPC/ _+ /GX4000
Amstradiens Channel

Phantomz

Quote from: CyrilAmstrad on 21:14, 23 November 20
@Phantomz
Yep no problem ,   I let a last possibility to CPC+ users lol XD ;)

Cool, cheers.  ;D

@iXien

Here you go.  ;)

iXien

dragon

Nothing relevant to tell.
[=intro/=space
]=delete
Or you can enter 001 for example instead of use intro.

wild bunch spanish/english.

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 02:12, 24 November 20
Nothing relevant to tell.
[=intro/=space
]=delete
Or you can enter 001 for example instead of use intro.

wild bunch spanish/english.

@dragon
@Joseman

Thanks so much for this, loved playing it as a kid.

Cheers  8)

iXien

Quote from: Phantomz on 14:32, 24 November 20Thanks so much for this, loved playing it as a kid.
You converted so many games, that's nice to show they manage to give you a game that seems important in your own history ;)

iXien

EDIT : This message had no more interest. Suppressed it.

dragon

Navy moves sound near imposible.. The problem was they used the screen memory to execute the  part of the computer.... And nocart mount the cartridge rom pages in the screen memory. He don't allow mount pages in the lower rom.

So when you try to stole the code a interrupts call low ram code that call high code that was your rom page instead her code and all crash...

Add they use full ram. And they kill the firmware. So you can't use the firmware to display in screen.   :picard2:

iXien

At last done. I prepared a RAR file for all the new games patched since the last list update. For games that need it (specific controls, cheatcodes...), I added a TXT file with full information. I added more informations for some games too, like ZOMBI with a little PDF that describes the icons, or BOBBY BEARING in which I give more gameplay informations really missing in the instruction manual. I also prepared a file with informations needed to update the GX-4000 conversions list.

I gave the files to @remax that told me that he will upload all this content soon!  :)

dragon

So finally what a nighmare :D .no stack.no free ram.code game in the upper rom

I hope he can be completed now.  For now only in spanish becase the english version need lidiate with cngsoft compresion.(alot more work)

Keyboard controls:
left and right change letter.Fire1 go to next letter.Fire2 delete letterup=enter combination of letters.(he enter the letters show in screen at this moment)down=enter space.(can be enter to with the carrusel is between 0 and z.)

part 2 in game controls.
menu=fire 2 redefine joystck buttons.         =fire 1 begin to play directly.
In game:move up down left right.fire 1 firefire 2 change weaponp=pausefire 1 pad 2 abandon

part 1.menu=fire 2 redefine joystck buttons.         =fire 1 begin to play directly.
In game:move up down left right.fire 1 firefire 2 pause
p=abandon
i something not work please tell me(and made a snapshot)

iXien

Quote from: dragon on 19:10, 27 November 20So finally what a nighmare  .no stack.no free ram.code game in the upper rom

I hope he can be completed now.  For now only in spanish becase the english version need lidiate with cngsoft compresion.(alot more work)
And we have a "grand-master"!  :D  After so many years (well, some years), Navy Moves at last on GX-4000. Well done. I made some tests and it seems to work perfectly but I didn't have time to finish it yet. Hope you'll manage to convert the english version from CNGSoft soon  :P

Davor Vitief

Quote from: dragon on 19:10, 27 November 20
So finally what a nighmare :D .no stack.no free ram.code game in the upper rom
Thanks a lot, what a great work!

Could this mean that a Frank Bruno's Boxing conversion is possible?  :o