News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon

Quote from: Davor Vitief on 21:25, 27 November 20
Thanks a lot, what a great work!

Could this mean that a Frank Bruno's Boxing conversion is possible?  :o

First I need made the English version, then when I finish it I take a look this game.

dragon

Navy moves done english/spanish.
Edit: i remember now  that i can take more that one dsk standard size with nocart 1.9. So i add a 2in1 version.The two in one cartrige.(exatly same that alone version)

iXien

Quote from: dragon on 22:52, 28 November 20Navy moves done english/spanish.
Edit: i remember now  that i can take more that one dsk standard size with nocart 1.9. So i add a 2in1 version.The two in one cartrige.(exatly same that alone version)
And you even took time to modify the game launcher in BASIC of the the spanish version to make a very clean version! The two in one CPR is very nice two ! A great work for sure  ;) .

Before you start to deal with Franck Bruno's Boxing (real challenge 8) ), I was asking myself if it could be possible to convert Phantis. You converted Game Over 2 in the past but for me, it's not the same. Game Over 2 was just a commercial approach to take advantage of the notoriety of Game Over outside Spain but in reality, many of us have played Phantis by means, let's say ... parallel. CNG Soft made a nice version but of course it's compressed and the password has to be seized.
http://homebrew.amstradtoday.com, the only website dedicated to CPC homebrew games.

dragon

It don't much to make to the spanish loader. The guy that made the  loader. Made their loader begin en &0300. If one simple locate add to their basic then don't load the game.(64k free and it put in 0300  :picard2: )

---

Thats because here the cpc was gifted with a dinamic pack of games.And phantis were not included,only game over 1 and 2. If you view my games i have converted the included in the pack that was the tapes i have :).

https://www.amstrad.es/doku.php?id=packnacional:pack_regalo_amstrad_dinamic

I take note to the list.

remax

All updated...

Great thanks to iXien with his great work, that made a full day task into a 2/3 hours one  ;D
Brain Radioactivity

iXien

And many thanks to you @remax for taking time to upload all the new games and ensure the cohesion of the list and fullset  8) 

@CyrilAmstrad You told that you want to add some more upgrades to THE ABDUCTION OF OSCAR Z, that's why this game is not in the list yet  :D
http://homebrew.amstradtoday.com, the only website dedicated to CPC homebrew games.

remax

I'll try to do a xx.1 update in a few days so if some games missed the cut, they can hop on board  ;D
Brain Radioactivity

CyrilAmstrad

Quote from: iXien on 20:52, 29 November 20
And many thanks to you @remax for taking time to upload all the new games and ensure the cohesion of the list and fullset  8) 

@CyrilAmstrad You told that you want to add some more upgrades to THE ABDUCTION OF OSCAR Z, that's why this game is not in the list yet  :D

Indeed , It's under WIP about Abduction of Oscar Z
In meantime , I converted Fips'Tale from Norman (#11 at CPCretrodev2020)
Jump : Joypad up  Or  Fire 1
Sword fighting : Fire 1
Key actionning for bridges : Fire 2
Pause : Pause Button
While Pause + Fire 2 : game escape
I added to the Upload list of "converted GX4000 software" too
Amstradiens Facebook Group
AMSTRAD CPC/ _+ /GX4000
Amstradiens Channel

iXien

EDIT : End of the update availability. Now visit the Converted GX-4000 Softwares page to download the definitive version of each game.

CyrilAmstrad

Well done Ixien , about whole game list
Please find ,   Sorcerers_GX4000:
Overscan CPC+ screen
In game CPC+ colors
Controls:Player 1 =Joy1  ; Player 2=Joy2   
Main Menu : J1Fire 1= 1 player game     J1Fire 2= 2 players game     Joy down = Turbo mode selected /unselected         
While game:
J1B2=quit         J2B2 : music Off/On         
GX4000 Pause button = game paused       
  I updated in the game list
AMSTRAD CPC/ _+ /GX4000
Amstradiens Channel

iXien

Quote from: CyrilAmstrad on 23:15, 04 December 20
Well done Ixien , about whole game list
I updated in the game list
And well done for this one! Always a pleasure to play a new game on GX-4000. Just a little thing, @remax is trying to maintain coherence in the game list so please, ask to him when you want to upload a game or add a look on the other games in the list to add the same kind of content. Many thanks  ;)

CyrilAmstrad

Fire Tyre   by CNG Soft  ; CPCRetrodev2020

please find GX4000 version: Full Joystick updated .

Main menu :

Fire 1 = Game Start

In Game :Fire 1 = Gear

Fire 2 = Acceleration / Gaz 

Joypad Left /right : Left/Right Direction

Joypad down: Brake

Joypad Up : Game paused

GX4000 Pause button : Game quit

I let @remax  update the concerned list.
AMSTRAD CPC/ _+ /GX4000
Amstradiens Channel

CyrilAmstrad

Miss Input 2 ( Chupi games ,CPCRetrodev 2020)
- Added a small Overscan loading screen
- Full Joypad playable version
2 Players Controls possible:
Player 1 with Joypad 1 Joy Left/Right Jump :Up or Fire 1
Player 2 with Joypad 2 Joy Left/Right Jump :Up or Fire 1
Main Menu game Controls:

1 - Fire 1 : Start 1 Player Game
2 - Fire 2 : Start 2 Players Game"
3 – Joy1 Left or Right : Options & God Mode Off/On
4 – Joy1 Up: Palette select
6 – Joy1 Down : Option menu exit
GX4000 Pause Button: Game Paused
Fire 1 while Pause: Game Resume
Fire 2 while Pause: Game Quit

I still let @remax update the list
AMSTRAD CPC/ _+ /GX4000
Amstradiens Channel

CyrilAmstrad

Please fin my slight GX4000 CPR version : Anima (Sugar Free , #3 CPCRetrodev2020)
By Cyrille Ayor61:

Loader Changed and screen display too
Full Joypad playable
Menu language :
Fire 1 : English
Fire 2 : Spanish
Menu Demo / Instructions :
Yes or Si : Fire 1
N           : Fire 2
Game Menu :

Fire 1 : Game start

Fire 2 : Dual stick game mode
Joypad Left or Right :Palette  Colors change
Let @remax about list update again ;)
@remax : updated V3 , modified some inscription on game main menu , more clean ;)
AMSTRAD CPC/ _+ /GX4000
Amstradiens Channel

iXien

Ok, here is the real new big release on our beloved GX-4000. ALCON from Abalore, TotO and Targhan is available for free and it perfectly works on the white spaceship from Amstrad. It's here and it's HUGE:

ALCON Official website

iXien

Thanks to all of you, it is Christmas all year round for our little GX-4000! Merry Christmas, and in these uncertain times, above all take care of yourself and your loved ones!  ;)

CyrilAmstrad

Hi , please find my GX4000 release version :
The Promotion ( Bitestudios , #4 at CPCRetrodev2020 )please find my update release  :

• adding a new little overscan CPC+ screen
  • full GX4000 Joypad playable game
Game menu:  Fire 2 = Start Game

In game controls :

Jump = Fire 1 or Joypad Up
Weapon = Fire 2
Left/Right = Joypad Left/right
Game Pause = GX4000 Pause Button
Let @remax making the list update as usual

AMSTRAD CPC/ _+ /GX4000
Amstradiens Channel

iXien

An happy new year to everyone! All the best for your projects and personal life! May this year be great once time for our beloved GX-4000! Lot of games and news!  ;)

Xyphoe

If anyone could convert the Thomas The Tank Engine game ... it would make my nearly 3 year old boy very happy!! Thanks in advance!  :D

Xyphoe

Couldn't get "Secret Agent Sly Spy" to start on my GX4000 using the version done here - fire buttons 1,2 or pause doesn't seem to do anything on the title screen :(

OH and one final request ... would love someone to do "CPC Soccer" conversion, it was one of my favourite games of 2020 :)

Davor Vitief

Quote from: Xyphoe on 11:27, 04 January 21
Couldn't get "Secret Agent Sly Spy" to start on my GX4000 using the version done here - fire buttons 1,2 or pause doesn't seem to do anything on the title screen :(

OH and one final request ... would love someone to do "CPC Soccer" conversion, it was one of my favourite games of 2020 :)
I have tried the instructions from the wiki: https://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Converted_GX4000_Software
and the "Push DOWN for Joystick if you want to use Joypad 1" didn't work for me, but i still could play following the redefine keys method:

With controller 1 select the cheats you want, when prompted for stage select press controller 1 button 1 to start in stage one, press this button again to skip the title screen, push up on controller 2 to show the game menu and then push it again to select redefine keys, redefine the keys on controller 2 as you like, after that press fire on controller 2 to star the game.

Phantomz

Quote from: Xyphoe on 11:27, 04 January 21

I did "Secret Agent Sly Spy" ages ago, I think you need joypad 2 for the menu if I remember, I sometimes need to do that as can't easily change stuff sometimes due to compression.

I converted "CPC Soccer" ages ago too, but didn't upload it as not sure if ok to do so, as it's still being sold.

Gryzor

Quote from: Phantomz on 16:36, 04 January 21I converted "CPC Soccer" ages ago too, but didn't upload it as not sure if ok to do so, as it's still being sold.

Good point - I don't remember, was there a free version distributed online?

Phantomz

Quote from: Gryzor on 16:47, 04 January 21
Good point - I don't remember, was there a free version distributed online?

I believe so, think it's the "Community Edition", that's the version I converted to use on the GX4000.

I don't think the game creator is on this forum or I would have dropped them a pm.

Gryzor

Pretty sure he is? There is a thread about the game...