News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

As luck would have it, I bought some (plenty of) cheese this very morning, so I'm all set :D

Phantomz

Just found a game I converted back in november 2020, must have forgot about it. :doh:
Rock'N Roller

Joypad 1 Button 2 to pause, any to unpause.

CHEAT MODE (Infinite Lives):
Wait for the game demo to start, at this time hold UP on joypad 1, only release it when you see the credits and blue screen appear in the design.

Phantomz

I'm not sure if anyone wants it or is interested.

But here is.....

ROBOCOP 2

I've always wanted to play the game to see all the levels for myself, but the game is stupidly hard.  ::)

There is already a version with a Trainer that gives infinite lives and energy, this helps, but not enough.

Here is a version that makes you invulnerable to most things, I can't make you invulnerable to the spike things on the ground, if I do, it doesn't detect you at the end of the level.

The downside is you won't be able to collect items or make arrests, however you should get to see the game through if can put up with all the jumps required.  ::)

I could have given infinite time, but then would be stuck on the memory levels where you need to collect the chips if you can't do the level, where as by default it goes to the next level if the time runs out.

Anyway the cpr is here for those interested.  8)

iXien

Quote from: Phantomz on 17:55, 17 May 21
I'm not sure if anyone wants it or is interested.

But here is.....

ROBOCOP 2

So many thanks to give us the opportunity to see by ourselves the end of this nightmare  :P :P :P
http://homebrew.amstradtoday.com, the only website dedicated to CPC homebrew games.

Gryzor

Quote from: Phantomz on 17:55, 17 May 21

Anyway the cpr is here for those interested.  8)

You're doing god's work.

I'm glad others find it so hard as well!

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

Phantomz

I've been busy making the " Trivial Pursuit " games playable on the GX4000.

You can enter your name as 1 to 6 using the following...

Joypad 1: 2=Enter, Console Pause Button=Delete.
Joypad 2: 1=1, 2=2, Up=3, Left=4, Right=5, Down=6.

Use Joypad 1 Button 2 for options (was ESC) , can't change text.

The following games are in the rar. 8)

Genus Edition
Baby Boomer Edition
Young Players Edition
Revolution Edition (French)
A New Beginning

Phantomz

Here is another 2 player game to play on the GX4000  :)

This one is....

HOTSHOT

Press Joypad 1 Button 1 when ready to play.

When asked " PLEASE ENTER YOUR NAME ", you can just press Fire Button 1 to skip, this will name you something like " FACELESS ",  "  NO NAME ", " ANON ",  or " NOBODY ".

If you wish to name your players, P1 and P2, you can use the following...

Joypad/s = Up=P, Left=1, Right=2, Down Space (why not), Button 1=Enter, Button=Delete.

Joypad 1 Button 2 = Pause / unpause.
Console Pause Button = Quit.

I've included a poked version that lets you go straight to the next level without the necessary points.

iXien

Quote from: Phantomz on 20:30, 31 May 21

HOTSHOT

One more game totally unplayable with obscure gameplay but I have so fond memory playing it at the time  :D  Many thanks! Music is just unforgettable and justify the game itself.

Honestly, I don't remember if we talked about it previously but converting SUPER CYCLE would be interesting as it's imo one of the best moto race games, fast and good looking. I made some tests on the disk version and the tape one.

In one hand, the disk version works with 64k and offers a nice introduction sequence with music and a high-score table accompanying the title screen. In this version, high-score table needs to be patched (keyboard required to type your name) and spacebar needs to be patched too to be able to pass the intro sequence. In the other hand, the tape version just show the title screen while loading. No high-score table (ideal for a GX-4000 version) and direct access to the game, but we lost the nice music  8)  and we can see an awful "rewind side 2 and press play" on the main screen of the game.

In addition, I managed to add and modify a cheat menu working on GX-4000 on the disk version that is not present on the tape version. In any case, main menu and ingame controls will have to be patched to make the game playable on GX-4000. In addition, I have "+" problem of compatibility in both version if I remember well.

Ok, lot of things to check and patch. But it would be a really nice addition to the GX-4000 games, something like a Hang-On counterpart on the Amstrad console. 

Attached is the result of my investigations  ;)  (USERS DON'T DOWNLOAD THESE VERSIONS THAT ARE NOT PATCHED, JUST PREPARED IN ORDER TO)
http://homebrew.amstradtoday.com, the only website dedicated to CPC homebrew games.

Phantomz

Maybe @Urusergi or @dragon could do " Super Cycle " when they have time.

I remember looking at it in the past, I had trouble with the level select screen if I remember correctly, wasn't sure what to change the values to, I remember I found where 1 2 and 3 was, but it was difficult working out how to get it to work.  ???

Phantomz

I did the rest of the Epyx Games, so thought I might as well do the last one in the series.  :)

Summer Games II

Use Joypad / Joystick 1 to Play, Console Pause Button is quit.

iXien

Quote from: Phantomz on 14:30, 01 June 21
Maybe @Urusergi or @dragon could do " Super Cycle " when they have time.

I remember looking at it in the past, I had trouble with the level select screen if I remember correctly, wasn't sure what to change the values to, I remember I found where 1 2 and 3 was, but it was difficult working out how to get it to work.  ???
It would be a very nice addition, hope @Urusergi or @dragon will want to have a look on this one.

Phantomz

Quote from: iXien on 19:15, 01 June 21
It would be a very nice addition, hope @Urusergi or @dragon will want to have a look on this one.

I've had a look at your disks, I think a new crack is required by the look of things.  :'(

The tape version has graphic corruption, starting on level 2.

Hopefully one of the other guys can do something with the disk version as it's compressed, this might make it tricky to apply a plus keyboard fix.

I can find 1 2 and 3 for the level select, but like I said before, It's difficult for me to make it work.

The best I can do is Up for 2 and Down for 3, just press fire for level 1, can't change back to 1 if go to 2 or 3, will need to reset.

I haven't found where the joystick control is yet so haven't tried to change it, but have remapped pause to button 2.

I've made the tape version playable on the gx4000, it would be good to use with a joystick with 2 buttons if it wasn't for the graphic corruption.  :'(

It's here if you want to check it out, I've included a poked version with infinite time.

Phantomz

Here is another great game to play on the GX4000  8)

MOBILE MAN

I don't think the game has a pause / quit option.

I've included poked versions with infinite lives, energy, don't lose flower.

Phantomz

Here is another game.

BEVERLY HILLS COP

The game is now Joypad only.

Use Joypad 2 Button 1 to pass title screen, also use Joypad 2 for Menu.

Joypad 2 is also used when asked " replay?  y1/n2 ".

There is no quit option that I can see, only level 2 ( Car Chase ) appears to have a pause option which is activated with P, therefore left it alone so can use console pause button.

I've included a poked version with infinite lives.

iXien

Quote from: Phantomz on 16:54, 10 June 21
Here is another game.

BEVERLY HILLS COP

The game is now Joypad only.

Use Joypad 2 Button 1 to pass title screen, also use Joypad 2 for Menu.

Joypad 2 is also used when asked " replay?  y1/n2 ".

There is no quit option that I can see, only level 2 ( Car Chase ) appears to have a pause option which is activated with P, therefore left it alone so can use console pause button.

I've included a poked version with infinite lives.
Yeah, a very nice one. I had no time to test Super Cycle and Mobile Man this week  :-[  I will have a look on these 3 conversion this week-end!  8)

iXien

@Phantomz  Ok, at last, I took time to try all the wonders you gave us this week  8)

At first my GX-4000 crash when I try to load the HOTSHOT poked cpr. No problem with the normal one but crash every time with the poked version  :-X

About Super Cycle, now that I played it again, I remember the GFX glitches after the first race. Thay's why I was searching to patch the disk version as I didn't manage to find a correct tape version. Sorry for that. And having to push up on a joypad to accelerate is a terrible thing too. If it's not possible to patch that, the game is imo near to unplayable, I'm scared. But thank you for trying  ;)

Phantomz

@iXien

Like I said , I think one of the other guys will need to look at " Super Cycle ". :(

Maybe I can't pre poke HOTSHOT then due to how it loads maybe!

It works ok under emulation. :doh:

Phantomz

Here is another game, " TURBO GIRL " or " TURBO BIKE ".

Trainer options;

Button 1 for Yes, Button 2 for No, Up = Level 1, Left = Level 2, Right = Level 3.

You can press Joypad Button 1 or 2 to Start game, as Joypad also mapped to keys by default.

Joypad 1 Button 2 is Jump, console pause button to pause, Joypad 1 button 1 to unpause.

Joypad 2 Button 1 is Quit.

Press Console Pause button for option 3 if wish to redefine controls.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: iXien on 17:45, 13 June 21
@Phantomz  Ok, at last, I took time to try all the wonders you gave us this week  8)

At first my GX-4000 crash when I try to load the HOTSHOT poked cpr. No problem with the normal one but crash every time with the poked version  :-X

About Super Cycle, now that I played it again, I remember the GFX glitches after the first race. Thay's why I was searching to patch the disk version as I didn't manage to find a correct tape version. Sorry for that. And having to push up on a joypad to accelerate is a terrible thing too. If it's not possible to patch that, the game is imo near to unplayable, I'm scared. But thank you for trying  ;)

To be honest, this didn't bother me as much as the gears. Whoever thought up+fire and down+fire for gears while you had to keep up for accelerate was a good idea should have been taken out and shot!
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Johnny Olsen

@Phantomz and @iXien

Super cycle
If you want help it will be a good idea if you
1. Tells which versions of the game you have used, not only disk/tape but also which crack versions.
2. Which poke addresses you have already found.
3. Which buttons you want to use.

Phantomz

Quote from: Johnny Olsen on 13:50, 14 June 21
@Phantomz and @iXien

Super cycle
If you want help it will be a good idea if you
1. Tells which versions of the game you have used, not only disk/tape but also which crack versions.
2. Which poke addresses you have already found.
3. Which buttons you want to use.

@Johnny Olsen

1. I tried using the versions prepared and uploaded by iXien ,  no idea on crack versions, however can't find a 64k version without corruption, I believe iXien says the disk version should work, howver I believe the image is compressed so can't apply plus fix.

2. Infinite Time, change 3D to 00, Tape & 5251 , Disk & 5256

3. Maybe... Button 1 to Accelerate, Button 2 for Brake, Up to Change gear, depends what people think is best!

I believe the following should fix the plus keyboard problem.

TAPE

CPC

C0 F6 ED 49 01 0E F4 ED 49 01 92 F7 ED 49 01 47 F6 ED 49 06 F4 ED 78 32 F4 67 01 48 F6 ED 49 06 F4 ED 78 32 F5 67 01 49 F6 ED 49 06 F4 ED 78 32 F6 67 01 43 F6 ED 49 06 F4 ED 78 2F E6 08 67 01 44 F6 ED 49 06 F4 ED 78 2F E6 04 B4 67 01 45 F6 ED 49 06 F4 ED 78 2F 1F 1F 1F E6 10 B4 E6 1C 67 01 82 F7 ED 49 01 00 F6

TO

PLUS

0E F4 ED 49 01 C0 F6 ED 49 01 00 F6 ED 49 01 92 F7 ED 49 01 47 F6 ED 49 06 F4 ED 78 32 F4 67 01 48 F6 ED 49 06 F4 ED 78 32 F5 67 01 49 F6 ED 49 06 F4 ED 78 32 F6 67 01 43 F6 ED 49 06 F4 ED 78 2F E6 08 67 01 44 F6 ED 49 06 F4 ED 78 2F E6 04 B4 67 01 45 F6 ED 49 06 F4 ED 78 2F 1F 1F 1F E6 10 B4 E6 1C 67 01 82 F7

DISK

CPC

C0 F6 ED 49 01 0E F4 ED 49 01 92 F7 ED 49 01 47 F6 ED 49 06 F4 ED 78 32 FA 67 01 48 F6 ED 49 06 F4 ED 78 32 FB 67 01 49 F6 ED 49 06 F4 ED 78 32 FC 67 01 43 F6 ED 49 06 F4 ED 78 2F E6 08 67 01 44 F6 ED 49 06 F4 ED 78 2F E6 04 B4 67 01 45 F6 ED 49 06 F4 ED 78 2F 1F 03 FD E6 10 B4 E6 1C 67 01 82 F7 ED 49 01 00 F6

TO

PLUS

0E F4 ED 49 01 C0 F6 ED 49 01 00 F6 ED 49 01 92 F7 ED 49 01 47 F6 ED 49 06 F4 ED 78 32 FA 67 01 48 F6 ED 49 06 F4 ED 78 32 FB 67 01 49 F6 ED 49 06 F4 ED 78 32 FC 67 01 43 F6 ED 49 06 F4 ED 78 2F E6 08 67 01 44 F6 ED 49 06 F4 ED 78 2F E6 04 B4 67 01 45 F6 ED 49 06 F4 ED 78 2F 1F 1F 1F E6 10 B4 E6 1C 67 01 82 F7

The above should work as @Urusergi posted a 128k cpr plus fix on page 77 (CHANY version) and then a 64k disk version on page 78 (no idea which crack group).

I hope this helps.  :)

Johnny Olsen

Don't expect too much.
I do not know much about the gx4000.
Do you have the address to the level select key?
Is the corruption a crack error or is there also an error on

"Super Cycle (UK) (2 faces) (1986) (UK retail version) [Original] [TAPE] .zip"

from cpcpower?

iXien

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 08:54, 14 June 21

To be honest, this didn't bother me as much as the gears. Whoever thought up+fire and down+fire for gears while you had to keep up for accelerate was a good idea should have been taken out and shot!
If I remember well, you don't use a joypad but a joystick on your GX-4000  8)  With a joystick it's not a problem, the problem is using a joypad, it's really a pain for the thumb to have to press it up continuously while turning left/right with the same finger, every console player will be agree with that. Maybe Fire1 to accelerate and fire2+up/down to change gears, with Pause button to pause the game.

Anyway, it seems to be very difficult to patch this one and find a tape bug free version. So I think we will have to be happy of what will be possible  :D

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: iXien on 10:28, 15 June 21If I remember well, you don't use a joypad but a joystick on your GX-4000  8)  With a joystick it's not a problem, the problem is using a joypad, it's really a pain for the thumb to have to press it up continuously while turning left/right with the same finger, every console player will be agree with that. Maybe Fire1 to accelerate and fire2+up/down to change gears, with Pause button to pause the game. Anyway, it seems to be very difficult to patch this one and find a tape bug free version. So I think we will have to be happy of what will be possible  :D

Oh don't kid yourself sir, it's still awkward and still easy to mess up the gears at times. Not as bad as the joypad though, but it's still not ideal. :)
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?