News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

iXien

And I take advantage of this weekend for some more news. Frogalot has already been converted by @Phantomz but @cngsoft has since released a new version including several upgrades and bug fixes. So here is the new version, directly fully playable on GX4000 :

FROGALOT V2 from CNG Soft

What's new :
   - Battlements for the tower
   - True ground instead of a ring of platforms
   - Bug fixes
http://homebrew.amstradtoday.com, the only website dedicated to CPC homebrew games.

CyrilAmstrad

Hi ,
Fire Tyre (CNG Soft) Updated version (20201225) :

Start game = Gear = Joypad Up 

Accelerate : Fire 1
Brake : Fire 2
Gear : Joypad Up

Pause Button = Camera Choice ( CNG update) :  Fire1/2 for camera choice.You cannot view this attachment.
Cheers
Amstradiens Facebook Group
AMSTRAD CPC/ _+ /GX4000
Amstradiens Channel

iXien

For the ones that would prefer to experience the game in its original gameplay, as @cngsoft didn't forget the GX4000 lovers, I provide here a simple conversion of the game to CPR without any patch, with 1 button gameplay.

Clearly, you're adviced to prefer the version from @CyrilAmstrad remapped for a 2 button controller. Accelerate/brake with J1B1/J1B2 is far more comfortable than using up/down on a d-pad. But now the choice is yours.  8)
http://homebrew.amstradtoday.com, the only website dedicated to CPC homebrew games.

B0wman

Thank you all for your awesome continued support of new games for the GX4000! I just wanted to say that now :)

iXien

Another week-end, other games to try on GX4000. As we seem to be on a @cngsoft theme, we can end it with his two last productions, that were still not converted to CPR :

Dire Dare from CNG Soft

Wire Ware from CNG Soft

Once again, I particularly like the fact that he doesn't forget GX4000 users with gameplays fully playable on joypad and with the P key to pause game, letting us using the Pause button. I converted the last version known of each game.

iXien

It's tempting to relay a news even if, once again, it isn't a conversion but a real new game directly stored in CPR (doesn't seem to use the Plus features)  :

HYPERDRIVE from Juan J. Martinez and @TITAN (Eric Cubizolle)

is now available.

More informations and download : https://www.usebox.net/jjm/hyperdrive/

dragon

Quote from: iXien on 13:37, 15 October 22
Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 11:16, 15 October 22
Quote from: iXien on 06:21, 15 October 22
Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 22:09, 14 October 22Got a couple of requests if anyone is interested?
1) Karnov. It doesn't appear to be in my set so not sure if it was ever done. It was 64k so surely this can be done?
2) Super Wonder Boy in Monster land. Not sure if I requested this before but would love to have it for my trusty GX.
Even before searching to patch them, there are some problems with these games (I would love Super Wonderboy on GX too, I have fond memories with this game I own in the compilation CARTOONS, although this is not a very good conversion :P )
These games are stored on tow sides. Concerning Karnov, the only known cracked version (Nulle Part System) even requires 128Ko RAM. With Super Wonderboy, most of the cracked versions require 128k too appart from the one from TB Crackers. But he needed a non standard DSK to store more than 178Ko, so it's impossible to convert to CPR with Nocart  :'(
My GX machines have 128k, but fair enough, only a small group of us have those.
Crackers Velus have a version of Karnov. Not sure if it's 128k? https://www.velus.be/cpc-2512.html
Velus also have SWB, not sure if it'll work? https://www.velus.be/cpc-2344.html
Just tested and sadly these cracks need 128k. And in addition they are heavily compressed to make the games stored on one side that really complicates things for patching games :-[
There is one with 64k. The problem is its awulf crack.

He only loads the level at begining so yo need reset the console to change de level. And you are inmortal from base

I have been made fit it.

Next time check this site they have a lot of cracks:
http://cpccrackers.free.fr/Downloads/

dragon

Tip: how  fit a two sides game with  noscart.

1)use  noscart 1.9 and da3a option to have a bigger dsk. 

2) use the -b command of  nocart to load a .bin to cartridge from &95 rom page. 

3)localize  the hacker load subroutine with the amstrad firware calls and modify it to load the. Bin from page 95 and follow. 

4) the most easy was insert the load screen and the game code into the.bin to free space from dsk, so the rest can fit.

5) how do fit karnov?. 

Karnov executes a modified  karnovd(to jump to 0050 and 9000 when  needed).bas from the original cracker,it load and executes dragon.bin

Dragon.bin put in &0050 the load subrutines from cartridge and in  the &9000 the level selection code. 

Load continue normally. When the hacker load the selection the call bb18 was redirected to @9000.

When the original Cracker load the loader picture, the cracker loader is redirect to 0050 zone. And the loader picture was loaded from &df95 (using - b command). 

Program code Part1 pr1 and part 2 pr2 was loaded in the same way you can concatane all. Bin you want with -b command. All are stored in  order in the cartridge. 

When the  cracker try to load a level, each level have three parts. 

Part 1 and 2 load are redirected to 0050 zone. 

It's a file with a 1 numerarion? Karnov.1x level 1) Yes=load it from the cartridge no=return to code and load it from dsk using amstrad firmware calls in a normal way. 

In this manner, screen, pr1, pr2, karnov 012,and karnov. 013 are loaded from the  cartridge using the -b command. Where the rest of the levels are loaded from the dsk 

And space problem resolved. 

eto

Quote from: dragon on 08:58, 11 December 221)use  noscart 1.9 and da3a option to have a bigger dsk. 

Are those options documented somewhere? I can only find a single comment regarding DA3A and nothing about -b or how to use both together. 

dragon

Quote from: eto on 14:25, 12 December 22
Quote from: dragon on 08:58, 11 December 221)use  noscart 1.9 and da3a option to have a bigger dsk.

Are those options documented somewhere? I can only find a single comment regarding DA3A and nothing about -b or how to use both together.

Just download karnov, or any other game I made time ago and open the. Bat.

You can find  inside the bat the command example. Thats what i do always, I made. bat to generate the cpr only clicking with the mouse. So if you change anything inside the dsk or a.bin one click and compiled.

And how about access the. Bin in the cartridge take karnov asm and look the code that start in org 0050. That code copy the levels from cartridge to ram.

And how create a. Bin? , just use winape, select a ram zone.right click save it into.bin. :D

And of course you can always ask me any dobut.

The diferencie of the nocart 1.9  and the cart below. It's with 1.9 you Gain dsk space with da3a mode  but you lost space for the. Bin

So depend of the game yo can use one or another.

In many games what i do was put my code in a. Bin so I can take the gx4000 control, even if the game its compressed i was "inside". Because you can simply copy code from the cartridge as karnov, or you can take a jump jump  to your code in the cartridge and execute your code   at fly. 

Wonderboy in the monster world its in the way, the kino and & funno version fit in a dsk da3a. But the crack are corrupted and it lost the level 2, level 3 is corrupted, level 9 it's not the level 9¿?. And level 0a it's lost.

I have reconstructed it from the original tape tape, Pending of chek if I can finish it in the cartridge, change message letters and add a optional poke.

dragon

WONDERBOY  IN MOSTERLAND

-Reconstructed the khino and funo crack,it lack levels, and another are wrong levels.So initially it crash in level 2.(he don't have the level in de dsk normal it crash wtf,).

-Fixed the khino and funo loader.Even with  all the levels in the disk,he refuse load the last level.Because  when he go to the next level 09 to 0A,they try load LV9.->LV: And that its a incompatible nomenclature in amsdos.(you cannot load in basic something with : in the name,the amstrad interpret it as another sentence in the line and return bad commnad.

-Rewrite the subrutine  to press key in the start sceen, so instead of scanning one key, they scan all keys,the objetive to  doing this was made the game fullly friendly with the three type of controllers, pad1,pad2, and keyboard.

-Rewrite the start menu key scan subrutine with the objetive  of start the game in any type of controller pad 1 button 2, pad 2 button 2 and keyboard. you can swith it with  a gx4000 or a plus computer and start indepently with any controller from begining yo end.

-Instead of crackers do in the 80's. And using the rewrite subrutine of the star menu,the poke of infinity energy was embebed in to the game,push  the pause button in the gx4000 or p in the plus keyboard in the start screen to swith ion/off  the poke mode.Yo know is activated because the border turn blue. If you abandon the game the poke status on was desactivated automatically.

-Even if you abandon a game and change the controls, the game patch all controls at fly, so you never get stuck not matter you do.

-Game also search and patch at fly all texts, accordinly to the controller you selected.Even inside the shops, if you are using  a game pad you view D(from down) or 3 in the keyboard.

controlls:
To all: P pause or pause button in gx4000´

gamepad1: directions,button 1 fire,button 2 enter in the shops. Abandon was in pad 2 fire 1(to avoid errors),Down+fire use especial attack. Inside the shops: 1 fire 1 2 fire 2 3 down.

gamepad2: directions,button 1 fire,button 2 enter in the shops. Abandon was in pad 1 fire 1(to avoid errors),Down+fire use especial attack. Inside the shops: 1 fire 1 2 fire 2 3 down.

keyboard: n left,m right, s up,x down,shift fire,space enter shops,esc abandon,1,2,3=1,2,3 inside the shops

The are two cpr inside,The difference was when poke was activated one turn back the border color to black at the start the game, the other don´t desactivate it, so when you play in blue cheat mode the border always are blue, even ingame.

I left people choose what are best.

Enjoy,i have made a lot of work to made it work.

iXien

Quote from: dragon on 17:37, 14 December 22WONDERBOY  IN MOSTERLAND

-Reconstructed the khino and funo crack,it lack levels, and another are wrong levels.So initially it crash in level 2.(he don't have the level in de dsk normal it crash wtf,).

-Fixed the khino and funo loader.Even with  all the levels in the disk,he refuse load the last level.Because  when he go to the next level 09 to 0A,they try load LV9.->LV: And that its a incompatible nomenclature in amsdos.(you cannot load in basic something with : in the name,the amstrad interpret it as another sentence in the line and return bad commnad.

-Rewrite the subrutine  to press key in the start sceen, so instead of scanning one key, they scan all keys,the objetive to  doing this was made the game fullly friendly with the three type of controllers, pad1,pad2, and keyboard.

-Rewrite the start menu key scan subrutine with the objetive  of start the game in any type of controller pad 1 button 2, pad 2 button 2 and keyboard. you can swith it with  a gx4000 or a plus computer and start indepently with any controller from begining yo end.

-Instead of crackers do in the 80's. And using the rewrite subrutine of the star menu,the poke of infinity energy was embebed in to the game,push  the pause button in the gx4000 or p in the plus keyboard in the start screen to swith ion/off  the poke mode.Yo know is activated because the border turn blue. If you abandon the game the poke status on was desactivated automatically.

-Even if you abandon a game and change the controls, the game patch all controls at fly, so you never get stuck not matter you do.

-Game also search and patch at fly all texts, accordinly to the controller you selected.Even inside the shops, if you are using  a game pad you view D(from down) or 3 in the keyboard.

controlls:
To all: P pause or pause button in gx4000´

gamepad1: directions,button 1 fire,button 2 enter in the shops. Abandon was in pad 2 fire 1(to avoid errors),Down+fire use especial attack. Inside the shops: 1 fire 1 2 fire 2 3 down.

gamepad2: directions,button 1 fire,button 2 enter in the shops. Abandon was in pad 1 fire 1(to avoid errors),Down+fire use especial attack. Inside the shops: 1 fire 1 2 fire 2 3 down.

keyboard: n left,m right, s up,x down,shift fire,space enter shops,esc abandon,1,2,3=1,2,3 inside the shops

The are two cpr inside,The difference was when poke was activated one turn back the border color to black at the start the game, the other don´t desactivate it, so when you play in blue cheat mode the border always are blue, even ingame.

I left people choose what are best.

Enjoy,i have made a lot of work to made it work.
Whaoooo, impressive work. Many thanks for your time and skill  8)

dragon

you welcome

just an update. Now abandon was in pause button.

Push pause, when the  game  is paused push  fire 1 (or esc in the keyboard). And then unpause to left the game.

iXien

Quote from: dragon on 23:53, 14 December 22you welcome

just an update. Now abandon was in pause button.

Push pause, when the  game  is paused push  fire 1 (or esc in the keyboard). And then unpause to left the game.
Fabulous !

If you permit, just some things.  An ink is broken on title screen (ink green 18 replaced by an awful pink 7). And you have to press a key on a black screen while loading, is it normal? And at last if the title screen could be appearing immediatly without the loooooong effect, it would be perfect two  ;D

dragon

The pause of beggining and the effect  of the screen are things of khino and funo. i check if i can do something.

im not sure aboun the ink. Can you put a picture?.i don't view  pink in winape. :D

iXien

@dragon , WinApe is definitly an awful emulator to play CPC games :picard: . Here is the problem on picture : top picture is the broken one on this version, bottom one is the right picture with green rather than pink.

If you can make something, please try to add a "wait for fire" feature to keep the title screen until the user want to skip it  ;)

dragon

ahh, i see, i was thinking was the start screen. its khino a funno thing :picard2: .

This is the original dsk: :D.

iXien

tsss, this guys seems to be completely crazy... or blinded  :P

A last thing (I promise), using a two button joypad here, it would be very nice to invert joypad up and joypad fire 2. Jumping using a button and entering the shops pressing the up direction would be very comfortable. If possible of course  8)

dragon

Quote from: iXien on 00:38, 15 December 22tsss, this guys seems to be completely crazy... or blinded  :P

A last thing (I promise), using a two button joypad here, it would be very nice to invert joypad up and joypad fire 2. Jumping using a button and entering the shops pressing the up direction would be very comfortable. If possible of course  8)

It's like they want print the text that appears in the  beginning but instead of do  it inbasic in the asm using a  firmware call. But as they have the screen in black they print it.. But you only  view black.  And the key press Is a look a my text. And press a key to continue. :laugh:

Also they have xored the file... And that cause the wired color. They Don' do it well :picard2:

It's like a crack in construction. The loader was bugged, the levels missing, colors wired. Text hidden in it  as black hole. .   :picard2:

dragon

-Fixed colour in ink screenload to &12.
-Khino and funo load screen subrutine:terminated.Replaced with one mine.
-Khino and funo wait hidden text subrutine:terminated.
-Add wait key after screen loaded.
-Remaped open door to up in joy 1 and joy 2 and up to fire 2 in joy 1 and 2(keyboard untouched).

iXien

Quote from: dragon on 15:45, 15 December 22-Fixed colour in ink screenload to &12.
-Khino and funo load screen subrutine:terminated.Replaced with one mine.
-Khino and funo wait hidden text subrutine:terminated.
-Add wait key after screen loaded.
-Remaped open door to up in joy 1 and joy 2 and up to fire 2 in joy 1 and 2(keyboard untouched).
My hero  :-* :P

iXien

After all the nice improvements from @dragon , I offer you a small summary of the joypad controls of this conversion of Wonderboy In Monsterland on GX4000 which made him sweat blood and water  :P :

Main menu:
J1B1 = Start game playing with joypad 1
J2B2 = Start game playing with joypad 2
Pause button = Activate/deactivate invulnerability cheat (blue screen appears when cheat is on)

Ingame:
J1 LEFT/RIGHT = move left/right
J1 UP = Enter shop
J1 DOWN = Go down a ladder
J1B1 = Fire
J1B2 = Jump / climb a ladder
J1B1+DOWN = Special attack
Pause button = Pause/unpause game (press J1B1 before unpausing to quit current game rather than resume it)

Inside the shop:
J1B1 = First item
J1B2 = Second item
J1 DOWN = Exit shop

Joypad 2 will be used in the same way

dragon

Quote from: iXien on 12:27, 03 August 21
Quote from: gerald on 12:18, 03 August 21The deal is that nocart only package the DSK and patch system call to read from ROM instead of disk. So the limit is set by AMSDOS which is 40 tracks on single sided disk.
For double sided disk or 80 tracks we need to use something else like a patched prarados.
Many thanks @gerald for these explanations  :)
So I'm puzzling how @dragon managed to convert Lemmings on GX-4000 as I never saw a cracked version on a single side, the game requires both sides of the disk.
Oh soorry i don't respond you in her day. i reading now the forum in reverse. ;)

If remember correctly, in her day i extract all levels from the original dsk.I mean i search the load subrutine and load every archive the game load. And just after it was loaded in ram i save it in a file from ram using winape  ram window right click.

Then i mixed all with xcopy  llv1.bin+lv2.bin+lv3.bin etcc to cartuchodefinitivo.bin.->take all .bin and mix it into one big.bin

i probably have a page with a code that have my own loader(thats really was make a ldir from cartridge to ram). so i have  xcopy with mycode.bin+lv01 lv02 etc..

The other part was change the lemmings loader with the hxc to implemet something like this.

di
ld bc,&df95 ;page cartidge to mount in &c0000
out (c),c
ld bc,&7f00+%10000101
out (c),c
call &c000 (code cartridge)
(the call returns here).
loder level one or more depending of level lenght.

ld bc,&dfxx(the page you need that have the level) ;page cartidge to mount in &c0000
out (c),c
ld bc,&7f00+%10000101
out (c),c
ld hl,&c000 ; copy level to some site,
ld de,4000
ld bc,&4000
ldir
;return to initial status
ld bc,&7f00+%10001101
out (c),c
ld bc,&df00
out (c),c
ei

The code of the &c000  change the code that was behind the call depending of the level choose to load. so when it returns it move the level from cartridge to ram.Also the code can patch at flly keys cheats and every thing do you want when the code was load in ram.

That in practice  its using the -b command of no cart as this example of superwonderboy (that loads the screen loader from the.bin)

mycode.bin+lv01 lv02 cartuchodefenitivo.bin

nocart -f "DA3A" da3a.dsk wonderboy.cpr  -b cartuchodefinitivo.bin -c RUN"""wonder2.bas

In practice no$scart load the .bin continusly at some page(depending the noscart version), for example if you hace a .bin  that go from 0000 to &1000 and another binary of 16k. mixed with xcopy.

no&cart store the first.bin  from page &95 &c000 to &D000 where the second bin begin in &D001 and end in page &96 &efff. so when you make the ldirs you need calculate where the file begin and  end.(or you can generate   a buch of 0000 until ffff to made  each .bin begin at &c000 in each page.

So lemmings probably load the fist part(the game code and the max levels possible from the dsk), and at some point(or maybe all levels i not remember now) are loaded with the.bin way.

So you can have from &95 to &9f pages of cartrige in no$cart 1.9 16k*11=176k  to store things.And more in early nocart version without d3a3a mode( i don`t  rember exactly in what page it  begining in page 85 or  maybe 89.That is probably the nocart that use lemmings.

A better example:

1)open winape.
2)start the cpc
3)pause the cpc and go to  ram zone.
4)select from &c0000 to 3FFF right click in mouse and save as,save it as screen.bin
5)make asm file with this  code.
di
ld bc,&df95 ;page cartidge to mount in &c0000(no cart 1.9)
out (c),c
ld bc,&7f00+%10000101
out (c),c
ld hl,&c000 ;copyng screen  from cartridge to ram.
ld de,&c000
ld bc,&4000
ldir
ld bc,&7f00+%10001101 (be careful with this as last digit tell to the ga the screeen mode)
out (c),c
ld bc,&df00
out (c),c
ei
ret
6)create a.bin with it and load it from basic where you want(or with winape directly to test it)

7)create autoexe.bat with notepad.
nocart yourname.dsk yourname.cpr  -b screen.bin -c RUN"""yourname.bas

And then your screen was copy from the cartridge  to the ram screen and you view it in the screen of cpc.

That was a feature that arnold implemented in nocart because in her day i always strugge to find a free ram to patch the things so i tell/sugested it  if was possible load a.bin in the cartridge to no depend of a free ram zone in the gx4000.

And can be used in may ways. As for example you can load the xor decompression subrutine in a  .bin execute it in the cartridge  and patch the code at fly after the code was decompressed.

May of my games use this,as you can load what you want and you no depend of the firmware calls,rescue to atlantis,heroquest,hot-rod,all xor games,load levels or other things from the.bin, even superwonderboy use it to fix the loader of khino ant to patch the text  at fly.(the shops text are loaded in every level! are 70 or or more  text to patch¡), So when you select one of the controls the.bin code in the cartrdidge patch all text for every control at fly after a level was loaded.

iXien

Quote from: dragon on 20:10, 16 December 22
Quote from: iXien on 12:27, 03 August 21
Quote from: gerald on 12:18, 03 August 21The deal is that nocart only package the DSK and patch system call to read from ROM instead of disk. So the limit is set by AMSDOS which is 40 tracks on single sided disk.
For double sided disk or 80 tracks we need to use something else like a patched prarados.
Many thanks @gerald for these explanations  :)
So I'm puzzling how @dragon managed to convert Lemmings on GX-4000 as I never saw a cracked version on a single side, the game requires both sides of the disk.
Oh soorry i don't respond you in her day. i reading now the forum in reverse. ;)

If remember correctly, in her day i extract all levels from the original dsk.I mean i search the load subrutine and load every archive the game load. And just after it was loaded in ram i save it in a file from ram using winape  ram window right click.

Then i mixed all with xcopy  llv1.bin+lv2.bin+lv3.bin etcc to cartuchodefinitivo.bin.->take all .bin and mix it into one big.bin

i probably have a page with a code that have my own loader(thats really was make a ldir from cartridge to ram). so i have  xcopy with mycode.bin+lv01 lv02 etc..

The other part was change the lemmings loader with the hxc to implemet something like this.

di
ld bc,&df95 ;page cartidge to mount in &c0000
out (c),c
ld bc,&7f00+%10000101
out (c),c
call &c000 (code cartridge)
(the call returns here).
loder level one or more depending of level lenght.

ld bc,&dfxx(the page you need that have the level) ;page cartidge to mount in &c0000
out (c),c
ld bc,&7f00+%10000101
out (c),c
ld hl,&c000 ; copy level to some site,
ld de,4000
ld bc,&4000
ldir
;return to initial status
ld bc,&7f00+%10001101
out (c),c
ld bc,&df00
out (c),c
ei

The code of the &c000  change the code that was behind the call depending of the level choose to load. so when it returns it move the level from cartridge to ram.Also the code can patch at flly keys cheats and every thing do you want when the code was load in ram.

That in practice  its using the -b command of no cart as this example of superwonderboy (that loads the screen loader from the.bin)

mycode.bin+lv01 lv02 cartuchodefenitivo.bin

nocart -f "DA3A" da3a.dsk wonderboy.cpr  -b cartuchodefinitivo.bin -c RUN"""wonder2.bas

In practice no$scart load the .bin continusly at some page(depending the noscart version), for example if you hace a .bin  that go from 0000 to &1000 and another binary of 16k. mixed with xcopy.

no&cart store the first.bin  from page &95 &c000 to &D000 where the second bin begin in &D001 and end in page &96 &efff. so when you make the ldirs you need calculate where the file begin and  end.(or you can generate  a buch of 0000 until ffff to made  each .bin begin at &c000 in each page.

So lemmings probably load the fist part(the game code and the max levels possible from the dsk), and at some point(or maybe all levels i not remember now) are loaded with the.bin way.

So you can have from &95 to &9f pages of cartrige in no$cart 1.9 16k*11=176k  to store things.And more in early nocart version without d3a3a mode( i don`t  rember exactly in what page it  begining in page 85 or  maybe 89.That is probably the nocart that use lemmings.

A better example:

1)open winape.
2)start the cpc
3)pause the cpc and go to  ram zone.
4)select from &c0000 to 3FFF right click in mouse and save as,save it as screen.bin
5)make asm file with this  code.
di
ld bc,&df95 ;page cartidge to mount in &c0000(no cart 1.9)
out (c),c
ld bc,&7f00+%10000101
out (c),c
ld hl,&c000 ;copyng screen  from cartridge to ram.
ld de,&c000
ld bc,&4000
ldir
ld bc,&7f00+%10001101 (be careful with this as last digit tell to the ga the screeen mode)
out (c),c
ld bc,&df00
out (c),c
ei
ret
6)create a.bin with it and load it from basic where you want(or with winape directly to test it)

7)create autoexe.bat with notepad.
nocart yourname.dsk yourname.cpr  -b screen.bin -c RUN"""yourname.bas

And then your screen was copy from the cartridge  to the ram screen and you view it in the screen of cpc.

That was a feature that arnold implemented in nocart because in her day i always strugge to find a free ram to patch the things so i tell/sugested it  if was possible load a.bin in the cartridge to no depend of a free ram zone in the gx4000.

And can be used in may ways. As for example you can load the xor decompression subrutine in a  .bin execute it in the cartridge  and patch the code at fly after the code was decompressed.

May of my games use this,as you can load what you want and you no depend of the firmware calls,rescue to atlantis,heroquest,hot-rod,all xor games,load levels or other things from the.bin, even superwonderboy use it to fix the loader of khino ant to patch the text  at fly.(the shops text are loaded in every level! are 70 or or more  text to patch¡), So when you select one of the controls the.bin code in the cartrdidge patch all text for every control at fly after a level was loaded.

No problem, many thanks for taking time with these explanations. I hadn't understand many things but it's impressive and I'm sure it will be very interesting for every people that want to convert double sided games.

For my part, it's makes me dream of conversions like North And South. CPC version of North And South is really impressive and so fun to play. The disk version requires both sides and 128K RAM.
But there is a 64k tape version that would feet in the little GX4000. This version requires both sides of two tapes  :o . Sadly it doesn't include the train attack arcade sequence but all the rest is here. But I suppose that a very big work of reconstruction would be needed to create a "big" DSK containing all the game (and maybe add the train attack missing from the disk version) working with 64K. After that, the good news is that the game is already fully playable using a joystick, I thing there is no key to patch  :D

If I dared... Would you be interested in such a challenge?  8)

dragon

It's not the first time that someone ask about North and South.

All cracks are 128k version. And the tape copy protection is like a hell,as is moving the data continusly in a little blocks of 0200.