News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Devilmarkus

I patched Cauldron as CPR (with joystick controlled cheats)

Select:
German (Joypad left)
English  (Joypad up)
French   (Joypad down)

Also select:
Unlimited hags and magic (Joypad left/right)

I hope it works on GX4000?!? Who can prove it?

When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

remax

Well, i think every game has been added to the wiki (at least, those without bugs).

If someone can test the Devilmarkus's patched version of Cauldron, i'll update the file.
Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

Quote from: CraigsBar on 18:11, 08 May 15
Hi @Phantomz

Where did you get the source for this DIZZY? I am searching for all Dizzy games with no cracks or trainers to assemble into my multi cart project for GX4000.

Craig

Good luck with the multi cart project.

CraigsBar

And I now add another one to the waiting for 42 track support list.....

Prehistorik 2
Super Cauldron
Dizzy Compilation cart (I need to locate non-trained sources of all games, and have support for 80 track DSK transfers)
Dizzy Spinoffs (remake this one with non trained versions now that the Proof Of Concept is good)
Turrican & Turrican II
Rainbow Islands
Off Shore Warrior

Hmm, I see me being busy once the 40 -> 80 track version is released.

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Devilmarkus

Prehistorik 2:
All known "cracked" Disc versions don't support Plus modes... (Game crashes)
Also:
Aren't Prehistorik 2 and Super Cauldron for 128k CPC? (I don't remember)
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

CraigsBar

Quote from: Phantomz on 18:48, 08 May 15
All over the internet, was not easy, that was a challenge in itself lol, so many with trainers and cracktro's about.

Here are the disks I managed to find, I hope they help, good luck with the multi cart project, if you add a cracktro mention that I helped find the disks. :laugh:
Fantastic, Now to compile these into a format that I can use for my Dizzy Compilation cart.

Many Many thanks

Phantomz

Another game done, this time it's " Stormlord ". :)

Phantomz

Regarding Chase HQ.

I know this won't work on the GX4000, but can any skilled person  ::) please change the default turbo control (spacebar) to joypad button two please, don't seem to be able to refine keys to joystick like some games.  :'(

I just want to play with the pad instead of needing the space bar.  >:(

Think this should be added to the 6128 Plus page if someone gets it done.  8)

Cheers  :D

seanb

Quote from: Phantomz on 19:01, 08 May 15
Another game done, this time it's " Stormlord " it's on the gx4000 page.  :)

One of my favourite games as a child
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

McKlain

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 18:59, 08 May 15
Prehistorik 2:
Also:

You can play super cauldron with 64k (there is a tape version), but I guess that there must be some graphic differences. About Prehistorik 2, no idea.

Edit: OK, Prehistorik 2 with plus features needs 128k. You could play the standard 64K version on the GX4000, wich in fact is still pretty good. No music and standard cpc colours. Maybe this 64K version could be patched to use the plus palette.

McKlain

Here is Tetrix, loader modified to load straight to the plus version. Al playable via joystick.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 18:59, 08 May 15
Prehistorik 2:
Also:
Supercauldron, I don't know... WHich is why I want to make a cart and check.

CNG's crack of P2 works on my plus machines

the original disc had a 64k mode as well as the 128k one. I hope to leave all the menus and selections in both games so from that perspective they should be good to go.

Craig

McKlain

And now the Battro from Batman Group in CPR format  ;D

andycadley

Quote from: McKlain on 20:15, 08 May 15
Edit: OK, Prehistorik 2 with plus features needs 128k. You could play the standard 64K version on the GX4000, wich in fact is still pretty good. No music and standard cpc colours. Maybe this 64K version could be patched to use the plus palette.
I suspect the 128K Plus version could be hacked to run from cartridge, but it'll need a bit more effort.

Phantomz

Quote from: Johnny Olsen on 09:08, 08 May 15
Press fire instead of C - POKE &459,&67

If I choose joystick in winape then Fire 2 = jump not joystick up. Is it a bug in the game or winape key map
or should it be like that ?

How Does it work on real cpc's ?

Have you got an tips on how to help find where controls are found like the space bar or n key etc, It could help get past some of the trainers or games where you need a key to start , these could be mapped to button two etc.  ;)

I know how to change stuff at poke address, just not to sure how to find stuff.  :-[

dragon

Quote from: Phantomz on 23:00, 08 May 15
Have you got an tips on how to help find where controls are found like the space bar or n key etc, It could help get past some of the trainers or games where you need a key to start , these could be mapped to button two etc.  ;)

I know how to change stuff at poke address, just not to sure how to find stuff.  :-[

Thats happend to my After the wip arnlod era(i not tried it). I run the game to the moment yo need use the key so need change. Then pause it, and use f7f7f7f7f7f7f7 step into. Yo slowy the game at frame to frame. So you are 100% sure the game is in a bucle. Take a look at bc register where you push f7 f7 f7. And when you view. Some type of &f4xx,&f5 as described in grimware table:  http://www.grimware.org/doku.php/documentations/devices/io.devices (o search all in IN(C),in hex code make a breakpoint an examine it running)

The code is accessing to the ppi. Stop And examining the funcion. It should look you the example in cpc wiki.

Programming:Keyboard scanning - CPCWiki

The important is the part IN(A), and  probably the next LD(HL),take  look at the call with f7 and breakpoints, if HL read around 10 position. And save it in memory, you probaly found where the scan keyboard are saved. To be 100% sure push some in the keyboard, if is it  you can see aschanges in memory you found it.

Now take a look at the table in the cpcwiki page,search the letter you need change. And found in what row are, count, and the position exact.

Now you have 2 options, f7f7f77f to found another site calls the keyboard array in memory looking at hl or  use a litte imagination,you know the program need load the array to compare it. So maybe with luky you can found search in hexadecimal LD HL.#The first position of the row in the memory you found. Breakpoint all, and examinig who does after loads de numbers.where you are the where are called using the stack o go at finish of the funcion. Search if it use the exact position you know he need search. examine the variables and try changue what you thinking is code of the letter, try and probe.

In the case of kung fu. I search first part  in bucle menu(because the loop is < that in game). And later ingame I sersch who calls the memory position, at the first i made it with f7f7^f7.Later i think in search in hex the LD HL#number(first position of the row in memory), and it works.

They release my into the calll,I view he read row in memory   an the resoult is depending for the a external paremeter, and is called 5 times in the code.( i suspected joystick + fire+ space). Then he exits and i view a condition. I know the game use a joystick(and space). so I know he use the last position in the arrow and the p position in middle.So I cheked the call where i  pulse joystick  and space and i found who is the  used to espace.

Now i examing where the parameter A is begining, I found its from a number (in the poke position you know). LD A,#28 , i try change it to 15 and i discover it change to intro.

But i not know how  to found joystick 2 to remap it . I thinking and thinking. And then i think o.k is in hexadecimal, so if is the table converted from the decimal?. Then i go to the cpcwiki page and i  count... To the intro. From left to right line a line. 0,1,2,3... retun in the table  is in the position 21, i take the windows calculator pass it to hex and 15!!. I try wtih space and 28!!.

So i count to the joystick 2 in the table i convert it to hex.And you are the magic 4A :) .

I think my experience can help you.

PD a new game.

CraigsBar

One more from me today...... 'The Duct' from the aa cover tape. Oh does that make it the 'Duct Tape' ;)

yurif74

Hello, since i want to help, i fixed "INVASION OF THE ZOMBIE MONSTERS"
now you can press fire to continue, text is altered to match new behaviour ;)

please give it a try
Juri

CraigsBar

This cart conversion is fun... But also not that productive. I find myself playing each game under emulation just to find out if it can be converted or not. So far I've played both trapdoors, axys, groops and the first 5 puzzles on sudoku master. None are CPR friendly but I am having fun.

CraigsBar

Quote from: yurif74 on 11:11, 09 May 15
Hello, since i want to help, i fixed "INVASION OF THE ZOMBIE MONSTERS"
now you can press fire to continue, text is altered to match new behaviour ;)

please give it a try
Juri
Love it. thank you

Will test in my GX4000 now and update the page.

Update: tested and working perfectly.

Ast

Quote from: McKlain on 20:54, 08 May 15
And now the Battro from Batman Group in CPR format  ;D
I think you must find your own way to convert cpc files to cpr because converting a 16kb file into 256kb cartridge is not really interresting.
I don't speak especially about you McKlain but to all those people who want to convert cpc files to cpr.
I know that C4Cpc microSD card have 4 gb but.... In my mind, it's a mistake.

Ast/iMP4CT. "By the power of Grayskull, i've the power"

http://amstradplus.forumforever.com/index.php
http://impdos.wikidot.com/
http://impdraw.wikidot.com/

All friends are welcome !

CraigsBar

Quote from: Ast on 11:30, 09 May 15
I think you must find your own way to convert cpc files to cpr because converting a 16kb file into 256kb cartridge is not really interresting.
I don't speak especially about you McKlain but to all those people who want to convert cpc files to cpr.
we are not all skilled developers here. We do what we can. And if converting a dsk to a cart using an excellent @arnoldemu toolkit then that is what I do. If a restriction was to be put on what was a worthy cart, and only complete rewrites were acceptable then you can count me out.

It would also limit the work to only a few people, who are overworked with things already I have no doubt.

The point here is to bring more games to the gx4000 and it that is what we are doing then I see this as a success regardless of the file size used.

dcdrac

I wander if Star strike 2 could be given the Plus treatment?

star glider and Elite?

The Pawn?

Phantomz

Quote from: Ast on 11:30, 09 May 15

Making more game's playable on the GX4000 is a mistake  ??? I think that's what people thought back in the day  :'(

Why find a different way to convert games if this works, I don't think people are to worried about filling up a sd card that you can just swop out anyway  :laugh:

I've got a plus computer so can pretty much run all software from cart or disk, but I like doing these conversions to try and help fellow Amstrad users play more stuff on their gx4000's  and why not!  :D

Any way, here is another couple more.

I've done " APB - All Points Bulletin " and " Green Beret " in Green Beret you use the Knife with the fire button and Shoot the gun (when you pick it up) with the space bar, I don't know if someone could change the space to the 2nd fire button please????

Cheers  ;D

CraigsBar

Quote from: Phantomz on 12:23, 09 May 15
Making more game's playable on the GX4000 is a mistake  ??? I think that's what people thought back in the day  :'(

Why find a different way to convert games if this works, I don't think people are to worried about filling up a sd card that you can just swop out anyway  :laugh:

I've got a plus computer so can pretty much run all software from cart or disk, but I like doing these conversions to try and help fellow Amstrad users play more stuff on their gx4000's  and why not!  :D

Any way, here is another couple more.

I've done " APB - All Points Bulletin " and " Green Beret " in Green Beret you use the Knife with the fire button and Shoot the gun (when you pick it up) with the space bar, I don't know if someone could change the space to the 2nd fire button please? ???

Cheers  ;D

I could not agree with you more Phantomz.

I have 2 6128plus machines, and upgraded 464plus and a new GX4000

Whist the 6128's and 464 can load from disc, having games on cart is easier somehow and making games available for people who have a CPC and a GX4000 is not only beneficial, but also good fun, it gives me an excuse to play these games again ;)

Hopefully I might get some interest in these old games from my little boy ;)