News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

remax

Quote from: CraigsBar on 12:34, 09 May 15

I could not agree with you more Phantomz.

I have 2 6128plus machines, and upgraded 464plus and a new GX4000

Whist the 6128's and 464 can load from disc, having games on cart is easier somehow and making games available for people who have a CPC and a GX4000 is not only beneficial, but also good fun, it gives me an excuse to play these games again ;)

Hopefully I might get some interest in these old games from my little boy ;)

What decided me to grab a GX4000 is that sometimes, it's quicker to launch a game on a console than to launch it on CPC.
Brain Radioactivity

yurif74

Quote from: dragon on 00:13, 09 May 15
Thats happend to my After the wip arnlod era(i not tried it). I run the game to the moment yo need use the key so need change. Then pause it, and use f7f7f7f7f7f7f7 step into. Yo slowy the game at frame to frame. So you are 100% sure the game is in a bucle. Take a look at bc register where you push f7 f7 f7. And when you view. Some type of &f4xx,&f5 as described in grimware table:  http://www.grimware.org/doku.php/documentations/devices/io.devices (o search all in IN(C),in hex code make a breakpoint an examine it running)

The code is accessing to the ppi. Stop And examining the funcion. It should look you the example in cpc wiki.

Programming:Keyboard scanning - CPCWiki

The important is the part IN(A), and  probably the next LD(HL),take  look at the call with f7 and breakpoints, if HL read around 10 position. And save it in memory, you probaly found where the scan keyboard are saved. To be 100% sure push some in the keyboard, if is it  you can see aschanges in memory you found it.

Now take a look at the table in the cpcwiki page,search the letter you need change. And found in what row are, count, and the position exact.

Now you have 2 options, f7f7f77f to found another site calls the keyboard array in memory looking at hl or  use a litte imagination,you know the program need load the array to compare it. So maybe with luky you can found search in hexadecimal LD HL.#The first position of the row in the memory you found. Breakpoint all, and examinig who does after loads de numbers.where you are the where are called using the stack o go at finish of the funcion. Search if it use the exact position you know he need search. examine the variables and try changue what you thinking is code of the letter, try and probe.

In the case of kung fu. I search first part  in bucle menu(because the loop is < that in game). And later ingame I sersch who calls the memory position, at the first i made it with f7f7^f7.Later i think in search in hex the LD HL#number(first position of the row in memory), and it works.

They release my into the calll,I view he read row in memory   an the resoult is depending for the a external paremeter, and is called 5 times in the code.( i suspected joystick + fire+ space). Then he exits and i view a condition. I know the game use a joystick(and space). so I know he use the last position in the arrow and the p position in middle.So I cheked the call where i  pulse joystick  and space and i found who is the  used to espace.

Now i examing where the parameter A is begining, I found its from a number (in the poke position you know). LD A,#28 , i try change it to 15 and i discover it change to intro.

But i not know how  to found joystick 2 to remap it . I thinking and thinking. And then i think o.k is in hexadecimal, so if is the table converted from the decimal?. Then i go to the cpcwiki page and i  count... To the intro. From left to right line a line. 0,1,2,3... retun in the table  is in the position 21, i take the windows calculator pass it to hex and 15!!. I try wtih space and 28!!.

So i count to the joystick 2 in the table i convert it to hex.And you are the magic 4A :) .

I think my experience can help you.

PD a new game.

hello,
i'm a little bit puzzled about that table.. there is an example on how calculate key code, they take shift key: line 2 bit 5
and they apply the formula (2*8 ) +5=21
fire 1 Joy 1 is line 9 bit 4
so i applied the formula and obitain (9*8 ) +4=76 (&4c hex)  or if that number is hex format then &76 (118 decimal)

regarding the fixing of INVASION OF THE ZOMBIE MONSTER i used Phantomz's scan code &67 (103 decimal) that is completely different from the number i calculated using cpcwiki table&formula

so how can i find the right number (that is working)?

Ast

Quote from: Phantomz on 12:23, 09 May 15
Making more game's playable on the GX4000 is a mistake  ??? I think that's what people thought back in the day  :'(

Why find a different way to convert games if this works, I don't think people are to worried about filling up a sd card that you can just swop out anyway  :laugh:

I've got a plus computer so can pretty much run all software from cart or disk, but I like doing these conversions to try and help fellow Amstrad users play more stuff on their gx4000's  and why not!  :D

Any way, here is another couple more.

I've done " APB - All Points Bulletin " and " Green Beret " in Green Beret you use the Knife with the fire button and Shoot the gun (when you pick it up) with the space bar, I don't know if someone could change the space to the 2nd fire button please????

Cheers  ;D
I don't have any judgement about ArnoldEmu tool and works . It's not what i'm saying.
But i only think using 256kb for an intro using only 16 kb might be considered as nonsense... That' s all!

Ast/iMP4CT. "By the power of Grayskull, i've the power"

http://amstradplus.forumforever.com/index.php
http://impdos.wikidot.com/
http://impdraw.wikidot.com/

All friends are welcome !

McKlain

Quote from: Ast on 11:30, 09 May 15I think you must find your own way to convert cpc files to cpr because converting a 16kb file into 256kb cartridge is not really interresting.

Well, I'm a musician, not a developer, so that's not going to happen anytime soon. If it weren't for kevin's tools I wouldn't be doing this. :laugh:

My only interest was watching a demo in wich I took part running on my GX4000.  ;)

By the way, you can fit about 16.000 256kb cartridges on the 4GB card, right?

CraigsBar

Quote from: McKlain on 14:31, 09 May 15

Well, I'm a musician, not a developer, so that's not going to happen anytime soon. If it weren't for kevin's tools I wouldn't be doing this. :laugh:

My only interest was watching a demo in wich I took part running on my GX4000.  ;)

which will become music for me whilst my gx4000 is running but not playing.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Phantomz

Quote from: McKlain on 14:31, 09 May 15

Sounds about right  ;) What is the card after format 3.7gb? if so only 14,800  :'(  We might be busy for awhile  :laugh:

dragon

Because is not the same, i changed a number always is the same in kung fu.

He is poke de instruction bit 7,A  So, he change the instruction to the bit 4,A.

BIT - z80 Heaven

The original code cheks if the bit 7 is 1, and the modification the bit 4.

Problably he search activate a flag that later modify a condition.that  realocate to the fire.

But better you ask the person who made the fix.

The real gosthbuster support joystick and two players, but he have trainer y/n.

arnoldemu

Quote from: Ast on 13:54, 09 May 15
But i only think using 256kb for an intro using only 16 kb might be considered as nonsense... That' s all!
I agree, but it is simple for the non-programmer to use. :)

The reason the tool generates a 256kb cart comes from it storing all the data from a disk. So for data format that is 178kb + 16kb os + 16kb basic +16kb amsdos.

I know that the programmers here would use their own methods for making carts AND patch them to use plus features if they haven't done that already. :)

@Ast, looking forward to your next cart release.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Ast

@arnoldemu : my next card project comes soon...

About your tool, i see that all system's files are saved on the card...

If that' s people pleasure to have big files cartridges, no problems for me.
I just said that they had others solutions which could do files smaller.

Ast/iMP4CT. "By the power of Grayskull, i've the power"

http://amstradplus.forumforever.com/index.php
http://impdos.wikidot.com/
http://impdraw.wikidot.com/

All friends are welcome !

Phantomz

Three more to the collection  ;D This Time get your Joystick's out for some waggling action  :laugh: for " Daley Thompson's Decathlon " & " Daley Thompson's Olympic Challenge "  :)

The third game is " Ghosts 'N' Goblins " can be started and played ok from the joystick, can't enter name in highscore table as need a keyboard, the pause will not work too as this is mapped to the " h " key if I remember.

Haven't added them to wiki page as busy looking for more  ;)

dragon

Masters of universe.

Only a problem, the only source without trainer is in french :D.

One question arnold, is possible  patch the tool to load 2 discs?. I view more games that work in gx4000 but as they use 2 disc are out.

CraigsBar

I am hoping after we get the 80 track single sided support someone else might ask @arnoldemu for that. If the cracked games are used the some will work by copying all the data files to an 80trk single sided image. Which is why I am so looking forward to this support.

dcdrac

Would BAT and Iron Lord work as a cpr file?

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 15:46, 09 May 15
Masters of universe.

Only a problem, the only source without trainer is in french :D.

I've got a English cracked version of " Masters of universe.", just converted it to cpr  ;)

Also just done " P-47 The Freedom Fighter "

Phantomz

P-47 The Freedom Fighter " works fine, just can't enter name in high score table, needs keyboard!

dragon

Thank you, better in english. mmm p-47 works? I think i probe  it but i not remember what happends.

Now, bobo The game have limitations cause lack of keyboard.

1º. Only can play 5 players.
2º. You only have 4 letters tu put the names.

Anyway it works and can be played.

ah, i view your other post is the score table.

CraigsBar

I think hyper sports should work too.

dragon

O.K boys..... the adult zone arrive to gx4000.

And yes, i not found them i have them in tape and i remember it.... Not ask XD.

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 16:21, 09 May 15
Thank you, better in english. mmm p-47 works? I think i probe  it but i not remember what happends.

P-47 seems to work ok, like I said though you can't enter your name in the high score table as this needs a keyboard.

I did notice that whenever you start a new level it shows starting level 1, you are not on the same level you can see the difference ;)

The cracked disk did the same, so it's not a problem, all other disks have trainers at the start or is the original.

I just played the game through all the levels with pokes, and its works fine, I didn't see an ending though, it just starts back on level 1, is this normal?

dragon

Probably, many  games in cpc do that, for example the iss or hot rod. The not have finish they return to level 1 at the infinite.

Muhahahahaha, Finaly a street fighter in a gx4000.

Phantomz

Quote from: CraigsBar on 16:31, 09 May 15
I think hyper sports should work too.

Just converted it, hopefully it will work ok :) Hope some one can add these to the page later or I'll have to do it when I get some time, to busy making them at the moment  :laugh:

Here is Hyper Sports  :)

Devilmarkus

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 18:37, 08 May 15
I patched Cauldron as CPR (with joystick controlled cheats)

Select:
German (Joypad left)
English  (Joypad up)
French   (Joypad down)

Also select:
Unlimited hags and magic (Joypad left/right)

I hope it works on GX4000?!? Who can prove it?

So, did anyone try it yet on a GX4000?
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

McKlain

I'll be testing in a few moments...

Phantomz

Done a couple more the first is the fantastic " Airwolf "  :laugh: well you might want to listen to the music  :D

And the second is " Colony " colony will need a fix, can play with the joystick, but the mode button (shift by default) will need mapping to joypad 2 if possible, and maybe esc to p if want pause to work too.  ;)

McKlain

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 17:38, 09 May 15
So, did anyone try it yet on a GX4000?

Works perfectly on all languages and trainer options  ;)