News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

McKlain

Here is a modified version of "Imaginario Colectivo" from ESP Soft. The game is now joystick only and works perfectly on the GX4000 using both fire buttons.

CraigsBar

OK, Mission Turrican 2 is nearly ready... I have the game running beautifully from the non-trainer tape crack by CNGSoft, However in this one I cannot find where the keypress routine on the Loading screen is located. i have attached to this post the BAS file which contains the loader and the relevent keypress, if someone can help me out by changing the SPACE to Fire 1 on pad 1 I'd be grateful

Craig

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Phantomz

Last couple from me for the day, this time it's " 3D Grand Prix " and " Badlands " one player only as player 2 needs keys.

So that's 12 for the day:  ;D

All seem to work fine:
------------------------
3D Grand Prix
Airwolf
APB - All Points Bulletin
Badlands
Daley Thompson's Decathlon
Daley Thompson's Olympic Challenge
Ghosts 'N' Goblins
Hyper Sports
Masters of the Universe
P-47 Freedom Fighter  =  Shows starting on level 1 when start next level (same as disk) loads the correct level though. :)

Need a Fix
-----------
Green Beret = Space needs changing to joypad 2 to shoot (when picked up gun)
Colony = Shift needs changing to joypad 2 for mode change ingame, maybe change esc to p for pause if can be bothered ;)

Maybe someone could put these on the wiki page, I'm off to grab some food now. :D

yurif74

Quote from: CraigsBar on 19:49, 09 May 15
OK, Mission Turrican 2 is nearly ready... I have the game running beautifully from the non-trainer tape crack by CNGSoft, However in this one I cannot find where the keypress routine on the Loading screen is located. i have attached to this post the BAS file which contains the loader and the relevent keypress, if someone can help me out by changing the SPACE to Fire 1 on pad 1 I'd be grateful

Craig

I've to go to work now, but tomorrow i will give it a try for sure!
any news about Turrican (1)?

Juri

CraigsBar

Quote from: yurif74 on 20:03, 09 May 15
I've to go to work now, but tomorrow i will give it a try for sure!
any news about Turrican (1)?

Juri
Many thanks.

Turrican 1.. I'll take a look later on tonight

Whilst I am on the requesting front I have come across one game that would be AWESOME on the GX4000, but fixing it is WAY beyond my skills.

Trantor: The last stormtrooper

Although the game itself is happy to run on a GX, there are too many keypresses to re-map..... Space on the loading screen, Space on the Intro, 2 to select Joystick controls, 3 to start the game etc... I cannot remember them all now. But if anyone wants a challenge that will bring a great (allbeit hard as nails) game to the GX4000 then this is it.

Craig

Edit: CRAP As Gazza 2 started out as a cart release I was sure that one woudl be fine.. But No, to actually play the game you need to use "O" to get into Options. Poor design :( Are any other footy games any good?

remax

I Updated the wiki with the new release from Phantomz and McKlain, didn't had the time for the ones from dragon.
I had not added the non working games too.

Tommorow, and probably the days after, i won't have the time to do this again, lot of work to do, so update the wiki by yourself if you don't want to lose your files.
Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

Quote from: remax on 23:56, 09 May 15
I Updated the wiki with the new release from Phantomz and McKlain, didn't had the time for the ones from dragon.
I had not added the non working games too.

Tommorow, and probably the days after, i won't have the time to do this again, lot of work to do, so update the wiki by yourself if you don't want to lose your files.

Cheers for that mate  ;), I would have probably added them tomorrow maybe if they wasn't done. Like yourself, it's hard to get time to do everything.  ???

It would be nice if some people that use the cpr's or will use the cpr's could help by updating the wiki page with the files we make , then we could try and do more with any spare time that we have.

So it's a win win for all.  :D

seanb

When the next release is erm... released I'm hoping to really look into how to remap controls over the up conning weeks so we can have more gx4000 releases but whether I'm successful will be independent of my best hopes.

If I should be successful I hope to finally contribute to this wonderful site other than promoting it on Facebook where I can.
If not... ah well I tried But like @CraigsBar has said this is about doing something fun for the time being.

*I'm paraphrasing and taking liberties with what he said
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

Johnny Olsen

Phantomz Green Beret cpr

This one use amstrad firmware KM TEST KEY

ld A,Key/joystick number
call &bb1e

Change Space to fire 2
poke &167a,&4d

please check it

CraigsBar

Quote from: Johnny Olsen on 01:04, 10 May 15
Phantomz Green Beret cpr

ld A,Key/joystick number
call &bb1e

Change Space to fire 2
poke &167a,&4d

please check it
working fine. Still kills me all the time tho. Thanks

McKlain

I've been trying to convert other versions of Antiriad and they all show the same strange behaviour. When you press right on the joystick the game goes back to the main menu.

When trying the game from disk on winape with a 464plus configuration, it behaves in the same way. Must be a plus related problem.

CraigsBar

Quote from: McKlain on 09:56, 10 May 15
I've been trying to convert other versions of Antiriad and they all show the same strange behaviour. When you press right on the joystick the game goes back to the main menu.

When trying the game from disk on winape with a 464plus configuration, it behaves in the same way. Must be a plus related problem.
didn't I see a fixed version here at some point or did I have imagine it? I am sure there is a fixed dsk on cpc-power

McKlain

Yes there is, but it has one of those Y/N trainers made in assembler  :'(

yurif74

No success with Turrican 2  ??? :-[
sorry but is beyond my abilities, tried to see where it jump when space bar is pressed to simply bypass the "waitkey" routine but it doesn't work too  :-\

Juri

Phantomz

Quote from: Johnny Olsen on 01:04, 10 May 15
Phantomz Green Beret cpr

ld A,Key/joystick number
call &bb1e

Change Space to fire 2
poke &167a,&4d

please check it

Johnny Olsen thank you so much for doing that  8) It works great.  ;) I've added it to the wiki page  :)

Cheers mate.  ;D

CraigsBar

Quote from: yurif74 on 12:04, 10 May 15
No success with Turrican 2  ??? :-[
sorry but is beyond my abilities, tried to see where it jump when space bar is pressed to simply bypass the "waitkey" routine but it doesn't work too  :-\

Juri
crap! Because the turrican 1 compression seems to use the same method, or rather not the same one as the other CNG conversions which have been done already. So if anyone can remap the space on the loading screen of turrican 2 the same can probably be applied to turrican and then both games cart-erised. The 80track disk has enough space for both of them, so if we can fix it I'll make another compilation cart.

CraigsBar

Quote from: McKlain on 11:11, 10 May 15
Yes there is, but it has one of those Y/N trainers made in assembler  :'(
oh...  Damn. It looks like the non coders here have started to run out of easy conversions. I've added prince of Persia to my list to do when we have a nocart that will handle 42 track discs

Johnny Olsen

I have patched Nicholas campbell's version of antiriad.
It's working with joystick fire=yes and joystick down=no.

Next time you people have to beg Nich to make version with joystick option,
he has the source to the loader.  ;)

Phantomz

Quote from: Johnny Olsen on 14:03, 10 May 15
I have patched Nicholas campbell's version of antiriad.
It's working with joystick fire=yes and joystick down=no.

Next time you people have to beg Nich to make version with joystick option,
he has the source to the loader.  ;)

I like the fire for yes and down for no idea  8) would it be better for joypad button one to be yes and joypad button two no, might be easier to remember, just an idea.

Like I said, nice idea  8) Wish I could do it.  :-[

Anyway, I can only test this in emulation, fire for yes is working, but down for no doesn't, but it might be ok on real hardware. No idea  ???

Johnny Olsen

Quote from: Phantomz on 14:37, 10 May 15

Like I said, nice idea  8) Wish I could do it.  :-[

ok we try again.

Fire 1=yes - Fire 2=no
This work with WinApe.

You can do it, Nich have done the hard work.
Use winape press f7 to open WinApe debugger
Goto to the bottom left mark "Any"
Ctrl+G - enter &03ca
Goto to the left of the "&03ca: nop" window set a break point (a red spot) with you mouse.

close debugger
run"antiriad
The debugger window should now open.

Nich is checking for Y/y and N/n is pressed.

call &bb18 wait for next keypress and return the next character in keyboard buffer.
cp &6e check for character small n
I have change &4e (big N) to 5A (big X = fire 1) and &59 (Big Y) to 58 (Big Z =fire 2)
If nich have checked for joypad buttom 1 and 2 you could have convert it directly.

Try read Phil Howard's article "insider dealing" in Amstrad Action
Amstrad Action Issue 049 : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

Phantomz

Quote from: Johnny Olsen on 16:27, 10 May 15
ok we try again.

Fire 1=yes - Fire 2=no
This work with WinApe.

You can do it, Nich have done the hard work.
Use winape press f7 to open WinApe debugger
Goto to the bottom left mark "Any"
Ctrl+G - enter &03ca
Goto to the left of the "&03ca: nop" window set a break point (a red spot) with you mouse.

close debugger
run"antiriad
The debugger window should now open.

Nich is checking for Y/y and N/n is pressed.

call &bb18 wait for next keypress and return the next character in keyboard buffer.
cp &6e check for character small n
I have change &4e (big N) to 5A (big X = fire 1) and &59 (Big Y) to 58 (Big Z =fire 2)
If nich have checked for joypad buttom 1 and 2 you could have convert it directly.

Try read Phil Howard's article "insider dealing" in Amstrad Action
Amstrad Action Issue 049 : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

Thanks for that, I'll have to have a read and give it a go.  ;D

Thanks for doing it though.  8) I've converted your disk to cpr (the easy part) well I am trying to do stuff, just got old and slow  :laugh:

dragon

So how i don't know how edit the wiki. Could some kind soul up the games i put yesterday.

thanks.

CraigsBar

Quote from: dragon on 18:30, 10 May 15
So how i don't know how edit the wiki. Could some kind soul up the games i put yesterday.

thanks.
Sure, If you provide me with a single message list of which ones, I'll track them down in the thread, upload and link :)

Phantomz

Done a few more today, hope they work ok.  :)

Phantomz

Also did these.... couldn't upload in one post, again, hope they work ok  ;D