News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon

You have found elevator action witouth trainer?. Great work!.

Quote from: CraigsBar on 19:18, 10 May 15
Sure, If you provide me with a single message list of which ones, I'll track them down in the thread, upload and link :)

Bobo
strip poker II
street fighter I and II.

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 20:05, 10 May 15
You have found elevator action witouth trainer?. Great work!.

Yep  :D hope it works ok, nearly forgot.

I also did " Knight Tyme "  :)

dragon

Lois lane call him.

mario bross support joystick in the two playetes if we can remap 1,2 to button(select nº players) to  1 and button 2 of the joystick.

dragon

dragon

And more...

Dragon breed and saint dragon are especials games. The utility of arnold emu not returned errors at transform it, but cartridges not works in winape , first freeze loading level and the second black screen.

Somebody try in real hardware.

dragon

And the lasT(b VERSION)today

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 23:30, 10 May 15
And the last today

Already did that one today, I've uploaded all mine to the wiki page today.  ;D

dragon

Quote from: Phantomz on 23:35, 10 May 15
Already did that one today, I've uploaded all mine to the wiki page today.  ;D

They are the 2x1 rebates. jeje.

yurif74

sorry if i go a little bit OT, but i think i will fry something testing on my gx4000, is there a way to add a reset button? i do not like doing a power cycle to access the cartridge menu.. :( google do not help me
thanks for help, and apologize for ot.
Juri

gerald

Quote from: yurif74 on 09:13, 11 May 15
sorry if i go a little bit OT, but i think i will fry something testing on my gx4000, is there a way to add a reset button? i do not like doing a power cycle to access the cartridge menu.. :( google do not help me
thanks for help, and apologize for ot.
Juri
But you have to do a power cycle to have the cartridge menu. A reset will reset the cpc/gx4000, not the cartridge emulator.

yurif74

Quote from: gerald on 10:05, 11 May 15
But you have to do a power cycle to have the cartridge menu. A reset will reset the cpc/gx4000, not the cartridge emulator.

oh crap :(

if i use the C4CPC on a 464 plus, do i have to power cycle to access the menu?

gerald

Quote from: yurif74 on 10:16, 11 May 15
if i use the C4CPC on a 464 plus, do i have to power cycle to access the menu?
Yes.
The cartridge port only have address, data and read signal. Nothing that could be used to detect a reset.
The menu itself is a cartridge (CprSelect.cpr) that is loaded from the SD card at power on.

dragon

And what about soft reset?. If we are copying the firmware with the dsk. Is not possible modify thefirmware subroutine to changue the buttons, 1+2+p for example and made a soft reset.(if the game permit it of curse).Insead of ctr+alt+(i don't remember now).

I i remember o.k in a plus you can made a soft reset when you are  play burning rubber(in the original cartridge)

gerald

Quote from: dragon on 11:34, 11 May 15
And what about soft reset?. If we are copying the firmware with the dsk. Is not possible modify thefirmware subroutine to changue the buttons, 1+2+p for example and made a soft reset.(if the game permit it of curse).Insead of ctr+alt+(i don't remember now).

I i remember o.k in a plus you can made a soft reset when you are  play burning rubber(in the original cartridge)
A soft reset is just a simple jump to the reset vector. The cartridge emulator cannot detect this reliably.

dragon

Ok, so the solution in your case yurif74 is have a reset button in the expansion port. I know the are manufactured to the cpc normal, but i not sure in plus case. If you search  preserve the swith on/off.

Bryce

Quote from: dragon on 12:16, 11 May 15
Ok, so the solution in your case yurif74 is have a reset button in the expansion port. I know the are manufactured to the cpc normal, but i not sure in plus case. If you search  preserve the swith on/off.

The hard-reset button on the expansion port won't get you the menu either. As Gerald has said "the cartridge needs a power cycle" No matter what sort of reset you do, if the 5Vs isn't removed from the cartridge it won't reset to menu.

Bryce.

Carnivius

Have to say, you guys sure are making the GX4000 seem a lot more appealing.  :)
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

yurif74

I would build a workaround to the problem using an electronic reset system that will reset the GX4000 and remove and reapply power to pins B18 and A18, this is easy to do, but i do not exactly know how to do an hard reset on the GX4000 since it doesn't have an expansion slot!!!

dragon

Quote from: Bryce on 12:22, 11 May 15
The hard-reset button on the expansion port won't get you the menu either. As Gerald has said "the cartridge needs a power cycle" No matter what sort of reset you do, if the 5Vs isn't removed from the cartridge it won't reset to menu.

Bryce.

O.K then these are chinese manufactures territory.

Maybe the signals are there i not know, take a look at service manual.

yurif74

Ok then, back to the topic..

Quote from: dragon on 23:21, 10 May 15
Dragon breed and saint dragon are especials games. The utility of arnold emu not returned errors at transform it, but cartridges not works in winape , first freeze loading level and the second black screen.

Somebody try in real hardware.

i tested both games on real GX4000: same behaviour as winape! Dragon breed freeze at loading level 1, and Saint dragon give a black screen!

Juri

Bryce

Quote from: dragon on 12:51, 11 May 15
O.K then these are chinese manufactures territory.

Maybe the signals are there i not know, take a look at service manual.

The CPC has a perfectly good power switch, why would you need that?

Bryce.

arnoldemu

Quote from: yurif74 on 13:47, 11 May 15
Ok then, back to the topic..

i tested both games on real GX4000: same behaviour as winape! Dragon breed freeze at loading level 1, and Saint dragon give a black screen!

Juri

Saint Dragon uses direct floppy disc controller access. That is not supported and I can't detect that.

Same with Dragon breed. it too is using direct floppy disc controller access.

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

dragon

Quote from: Bryce on 13:56, 11 May 15
The CPC has a perfectly good power switch, why would you need that?

Bryce.

I don't need it, i only help. Anyway, the swtich of plus can broke at longer time. As with c4cpc is normal swtichg on/off much more...

Ok, so saint dragon and dragon breed discarted.

yurif74

i was playing with dragons lair and i notice it is unplyable on GX4000 because you have to press space to jump.. a space to fire 2 fix is needed

CraigsBar

I played some of these over the weekend. And some suffer from power cycle to get through the high score table entry. These games should be demoted to need fix right?
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode